Author Topic: More Cheats  (Read 4642 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
More Cheats
« on: September 05, 2014, 08:57:38 PM »
Carl, I'm posting this link for you to see. 

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778600/ive-compiled-an-extended-list-of-cheats-and-commands/p6

One of the code savvy players has posted a list of cheats on the official site.  It appears to be a work in progress but it's quite a long list so far. 

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: More Cheats
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 12:44:24 PM »
Thanks for making sure I was aware. I will have to link to their subreddit to give due credit when they are done making the list. These are quite hidden at the moment. Not sure if Sims 4 Package Editor will be able to reveal them or not, as it's still in alpha. I await that to help me get percentage numbers and little facts about the game's various systems.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 02:43:47 PM »
Yeah....I was hesitant to try any of them right now but I figured your intrepid band would take a look abnd see what was feasible.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 04:36:12 PM »
I have been using these for a while. They all work great and help out alot.

Offline gusti

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 01:30:11 AM »
remove the /p6 and you get the original post, Which sums up all the cheats out there.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778600/ive-compiled-an-extended-list-of-cheats-and-commands

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »
SimGuruGrant just posted some more cheats on the Sims Forums:
Source:  Whoops More Cheats For You Guys

Summary is as follows:
Quick Disclaimer: Cheats are cheats. You’re going outside the standard flow so you may hit a hiccup or two. But, we’ve used these cheats extensively in development. For all of these you’ll need to open the command console (Ctrl + Shift + C).

Automatically Pay Bills: Do you hate bills? Fret no more.
 |households.autopay_bills

Want to automatically answer dialogs that pop up on screen?
 |ui.dialog.auto_respond

Do you want to complete your current Aspiration Milestone? Either because you don’t like it, it’s too difficult, or you are stuck?
 |aspirations.complete_current_milestone

Career Cheats – We have quite a few cheats for careers.

Want to add any career to your Sim?
 |careers.add_career<name>

Want to get a demotion?
 |careers.demote<name>

How about a promotion?
 |careers.promote<name>

Want to quit?
 |careers.remove_career<name>

For <name>, type the name of the career.

Want to speed up crafting? Or, something? This one’s not entirely obvious, but it speeds up crafting (painting, woodworking).
 |crafting.shorten_phases

Want to fix everyone’s needs?
 |sims.fill_all_commodities

That’s for just one Sim.

|stats.fill_commodities_household
 That’s for the household.

Want to add a specific amount of money?
 |sims.modify_funds <amount>

<amount> is the amount you want.

There’s also
 |motherlode and |rosebud AND |kaching

Want to get rid of your Moodlets?
 |sims.remove_all_buffs

Want to spawn random groups of Sims?
 |sims.spawnsimple<#>

<#> is the number you want. BE WARNED: If you put in a crazy number, the game will break.

MOVIE MAKERS. Want to disable headline FX? Note that this doesn’t remove plumbob.
 |headlineeffects <on/off>

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »
Sense there giving this cheats out I hope they add them to the help list in a patch later on. It's hard to remember them all.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nandireya

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 07:27:33 AM »
I have seen cheats listed before but have always been loath to use them out of fear they might have some kind of adverse effect on my game.  Are they truly safe to use?  I ask because I have little time to play due to work commitments...I bought the game on its day of release and have only had time to play it once...so I've been unable to amass the funds to buy, well, anything.  The money cheat would be very useful for me.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 07:37:42 AM »
I often use the money cheat to get my buildtest sim enough money to buy the houses I build for testing. I've never had problems with it.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 01:37:18 PM »
Just to add, you even get "achievements" when using cheats, so evidently there is no drawback. I did have issues cheating skills back and forth between level 10. It would not say it was at 10 but give me the level 10 unlocks.

Offline Nandireya

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 04:35:13 PM »
Thanks for the reassurances, guys.  I'll give them a go next time I get a chance to play  ;D

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 04:39:51 PM »
Something else to bear in mind Nandireya, most of the cheats are included because Maxis does expect many people to use cheats for their own enjoyment. 

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 06:08:57 PM »
Edited in some of the cheats that were shared by SimGuruGrant, but not all. I'm sure they'll be listed on TwistedMexican's resource and I want to keep it to those used commonly by players.

Offline Nandireya

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 04:56:51 PM »
A question about death...

I always use the death.toggle cheat when I play my game because I don't want my little guys to die...death has totally ruined Sims Freeplay for me...but...one of them still did!  Even though I'd typed in death.toggle.  So...is this only for aging death, or does "every time you load the game" mean every time you go to and back from the main menu?  Like, say, when you switch households, or go visiting another lot, or go on a date? Or am I typing it wrong? Does it need an 'on' at the end?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 10:37:07 AM »
You're typing it right. I'll ask Twistedmexican if he knows how it works and maybe get him to visit and explain what's going on so I can describe it better on the page :) I know it remembers the cas.fulleditmode cheat so maybe we are sometimes toggling death back on?  ???

Edit: I had neglected to put true/false after that cheat, so it's possibly my fault it wasn't working for you. Not sure how I made that mistake, but I see on the wiki that it's a true/false thing. I think that death.toggle false would turn off deaths, but since the game gives no feedback it's hard to say :(

I tested it again, and even without true/false it does say it's toggling death so long as testingcheats are on. I think that the true/false might prevent any issues so long as we're sure that death.toggle false means death is off.. death.toggle by itself could be turning it back on for all we know :P