Author Topic: How do you trigger the best friend option  (Read 15448 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
How do you trigger the best friend option
« on: September 07, 2014, 09:05:17 PM »
I need 5 best friends for the Friend of the World Aspiration but I can't figure out what triggers the option.
I've got several sims maxed out in friendship but have only had the options to be best friends come up twice. With Nancy Landgraab and Bella Goth.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
Re: How do you trigger the best friend option
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 09:44:30 PM »
The option popped up for me with my sim's hubby. Their relationship is REALLY high, almost maxed. Just keep the conversation and activities flowing until you get the relationship to an almost full green bar.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 10:04:44 PM »
I've done that. For the Friend of the World aspiration I had to have 12 friends which I completed and I had them all with a full green bar on friendship and only had the best friend option come up twice and I'm not sure why it came up with those two but no one else so far.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:12:10 AM »
Done some more research on this and it seems you can only have one best friend. The reason I had the option come up twice sense playing is my friendship had dropped low with Nancy losing her as a best friend which allowed me to as Bella to be my best friend.
So to test this I went in the game and used mean interactions with Bella until I got the message we was no longer best friends and I was then able to ask someone else to be my best friend which gave me another notch towards the Friend of the World Aspiration.
So the be a Friend of the World you have to be mean to your best friend and make a new one 5 times.  ??? That just don't seem right.  :(

Edit: Making best friends and breaking  up with them to make a new best friend worked. I just completed the Friend of the World Aspiration.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:33 AM »
Did some research and found this in the sims 4 forum here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/779362/ask-simguru-grant-a-9-10-daily-chat/p7 (scroll down the page to find this post)

catloverplayer wrote: »
Grant another issue. There is some kind of challenge that wants you to complete have 5 best friends forever but you can only have 1. Any chance this could get fixed?

Simguru Grant replied: Sigh. This one is just shameful. We've got it bugged and are working on it. You can always change your aspiration so you can work on a different one in the mean time.

So hopefully a fix will be available for this in the future  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 01:47:47 AM »
Thanks for the info Playalot, Maybe they'll get it fixed soon.
But until then at least you can still complete this aspiration by your sim being a jerk. :D

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 09:58:18 AM »
Since this is something EA is trying to fix, I think it's an appropriate spot to use a cheat to get around the issue.

There is a cheat to modify relationships, and you can use it to lower the level enough to no longer be best friends, and then raise it back to where it was.  You will then be good friends but just as close as before.  You will also be free to ask another sim to be best friends.  First, cheats have to be on with testingcheats true.  Then, use

modifyrelationship YourSimFirst YourSimLast TargetSimFirst TargetSimLast (-)amount Track_type

where amount is a number from 0 to 100, and Track_type is either Friendship_Main or Romance_Main

I used 80 for the amount and it worked.  Entering the cheat in the command line, with your sim being Keith Pots, would look like this:
modifyrelationship Keith Pots Bella Goth -80 Friendship_Main

Hit enter, and you should get a notification that the two are no longer best friends.  Then go back to the command line and enter
modifyrelationship Keith Pots Bella Goth 80 Friendship_Main

After that, you should get notification that Keith and Bella are good friends.  I used this to get around the bff issue in the soulmate aspiration, but in another file I had problems using it with J Huntington III.  I think it was because of the three names, but there may be a way around that with brackets or quotation marks.  I didn't experiment and just insulted him until no longer friends, then apologized and used a lot of friendly interactions.

Jess

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 04:16:44 AM »
working on the friend of the world aspiration (last one to finish) but my sim doesn't have any best friends, her soulmate died and her original best friend is dead as well but I've got a few relationships either at max or close to and the bff option doesn't show up... guess I'll have to join the line and wait patiently for a fix.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

anything