Author Topic: That one expansion that made you reconsider upgrading  (Read 3177 times)

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
That one expansion that made you reconsider upgrading
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:03:16 PM »
Okay so another question, what expansion pack from Sims 1, 2 and 3 made you hesitant to move forward to Sims 2, 3 and 4 respectively.

For me, Open for Business and University were the ones that made me think twice about Sims 3, while World Adventures/University really makes me want to go back and play 3. To be honest I was very young when I played Sims 1 so I don't remember very much, but I think Making Magic would have been my answer there.

Offline ChowFatt

• Nooboo
Re: That one exp that made you reconcider upgrading
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 11:31:26 PM »
Hmmm, for me in TS3 it would have been Seasons (I just love love different weather, and also seasonal times and holidays). A close second would be World Adventures because pretending to be Indiana Jones is just too much fun ;)
PC-Load Letter! What the...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 02:04:13 AM »
I ignored Sims 3 until Pets came out.  The idea of having horse sims along with dogs and cats was just too much of a pull, so I bought it, WA and Ambitions as my initial Sims 3 grab, and slowly added the other expansions over time.  Once the ooh, shiny! of 4 wears down a bit, I'll probably spend more time playing 3 again until 4 catches up with all the 'missing' content.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 02:39:14 AM »
Definitely Pets and Seasons!!! I really hope the first expansion packs to come out are Pets and Seasons, at least the major ones. But somehow that probably won't happen. I have to admit, that even without all the features, I am totally hooked on Sims 4. It has too many fun things to play with and the graphics are just amazing. I'm having a lot of fun so far, but I do miss the added features of the previous games.

Kind of wish that Maxis would just suck it up and throw a game together with things like weather and pets included. They are making millions off of the series and guarantee they would still make millions if they just put all that crap in one game. But, oh well, I will buy the expansion packs when they come out.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: That one expansion that made you reconsider upgrading
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 02:54:57 AM »
Pets, as well as parts of Ambitions and Supernatural.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 03:10:49 AM »
Pets, as well as parts of Ambitions and Supernatural.

Supernatural was awesome as well! I miss being a werewolf lol.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 03:30:13 AM »
I hated Sims1 with a holy passion.  My great-granddaughter wanted Sims2 and since we spoil her we bought it for her.  She lives with us so I got to watch her play Sims2.  HOOKED.  Sims3 came out and at first I wasn't sure I liked it that much but now I absolutely love it and, as has been said, once the "shiney", wears off I'll go back to it because there are just too many things in 4 I'm not happy with.  If the things I love over come the things I dislike I'll probably stick with it but Sims3 is really my favorite.  It was loving 3 that made me waffle on getting 4.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 12:39:13 PM »
I was hesitant to go to Sims 2 because I loved Sims Superstar and Sims making magic. After switching to Sims 2 I was hesitant to go to Sims 3 because of Open for Business and Appartment Life. And now I am hesitant to go to Sims 4 because of.... well actually everything :')
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »
Well, I was never hesitant to upgrade, but the expansion that makes me want to go back to Sims 3 is Ambitions, because I <3 Twinbrook and all its freaks.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 01:28:15 PM »
I don't think I ever "reconsidered" upgrading based on an expansion. Reasons I reconsidered upgrading was the price point and EA generally being overly greedy. Also, upgrading to the next in the series never means you have to abandon the previous game.

From Sims 1 to Sims 2.. hmm, I think it was pets or vacation that made me want to stay.

For Sims 2 to Sims 3.. Seasons. Open for Business to a degree as well.

From Sims 3 to Sims 4.. Seasons (again) and Island Paradise..
Hi!

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 02:02:34 PM »
I believe it will take long until The Sims 4 entertains me as TS3's Supernatural did. Having a mummy butler trough alchemy was just to ** fun!

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »
Supernatural, definitely. I am having lots of fun with collecting in 4, but I miss alchemy so much. And being a werewolf mostly, though all the other life states were fun as well. My only real complaint with 4 is that we don't get a life state, though I knew that was probably going to be the case before buying it.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 06:06:36 PM »
I know my cousin plays Sims 3 with Supernatural, Pets, and Seasons. She told me earlier this summer she didn't want to switch to Sims 4 just yet until there were some cool expansions. Of course, she could've changed her mind by now.

As for me, well, I never bothered buying any ep's for TS3 so I didn't really miss much. TS3 might be very fun with expansion packs, but just comparing the two base games TS4 has by far more content so I'm actually enjoying it a lot more.

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 04:06:30 AM »
For The Sims 2, I enjoyed the Bon Voyage and Open for Business so much that I hoped the latter to be released for The Sims 3. For The Sims 3, I only enjoyed Late Night, Seasons and Island Paradise. I liked additional community lots from them as well as business simulation from IP and OfB

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 08:03:31 AM »
For me its more of a choice between previous game with all expansions, or the next as base game only. I'd rather have all my shinies and stuff than 'clean' base game.
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

anything