Author Topic: [BUG] Disallowed First Name  (Read 11827 times)

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
[BUG] Disallowed First Name
« on: September 13, 2014, 03:04:01 AM »
This has really been bothering me. Why is the name Tobey a disallowed first name? And is this a bug? Like, seriously, I can't name my Sim Tobey? Why? I would name him Tobias, but I like Tobey better.

Does anyone know about this and know if the disallowed names can be disputed in the future? I don't understand what is wrong with the name Tobey and it is frustrating because I refuse to rename him and I want to share him in the gallery.

I don't know if this has been addressed in a previous thread, if it has, I apologize. But every other character I have made, has been allowed to have their name, except for Tobey, and he is the main character that I play.

I appreciate any assistance given on this matter. Thanks!

*Updated: July.4th 2020*

This is a known bug that has been around since the start of the game. If you find you have this bug, please use the link below to sign with your EA account, click the Me Too button under the first post and optionally, share your experience with the bug by clicking the reply button on any post.

[COLLECTION THREAD] Unjustified disallowed words
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Unjustified-disallowed-words/td-p/3508113

There are particular terms, words, and names that are flagged in Create a Sim.

The flagging may make no sense, but the terms, words and names get flagged on a worldwide basis regardless of what they mean to the player.

There are so many of these that have a cultural meaning in one part of the world or another that may not mean anything in another part of the world.

*Added: June.17th. 2016*

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Disallowed First Name
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:13:16 AM »
Is this in Create a Sim? I just went in and created a sim and named him Tobey with no problems.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 03:15:37 AM »
Is this in Create a Sim? I just went in and created a sim and named him Tobey with no problems.

Yeah! I go into Create a Sim and try to save Tobey to my library and get the error "You cannot upload this family to your gallery because filename contains a disallowed word." Second time I evicted Tobey and changed his looks a little, it then gave me the error that his name is a disallowed first name.

This is really frustrating, I would hate to have to design him from scratch again. He's reached level 10 of the writing skill and has a lot of good skills.

His last name is Rush, but it has never given me an issue about the last name. It just keeps saying that his first name is disallowed.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 03:20:49 AM »

Screenshot of the error :(

I didn't put anything in the description or anything like that. So, really, this is frustrating.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 03:22:24 AM »
have you got the latest patch? I know there was a problem with some people not being able to save with certain words as hashtags, that was addressed in the patch. If you haven't patched your game, I'd suggest doing that and then trying again.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 03:23:10 AM »
have you got the latest patch? I know there was a problem with some people not being able to save with certain words as hashtags, that was addressed in the patch. If you haven't patched your game, I'd suggest doing that and then trying again.

Yes, Origin downloaded the latest patch a few days ago. Unless there was one since then?

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 03:28:34 AM »
mm, not sure then. I didn't know if that would have helped anyway, but was worth a try. Seems strange that I can give a sim that name but you can't!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 03:46:09 AM »
mm, not sure then. I didn't know if that would have helped anyway, but was worth a try. Seems strange that I can give a sim that name but you can't!

Yeah, I really have no idea. I guess I will just have to make him over and start from scratch. Sucks cause he is married, just had another kid with his wife, and I am going to have to do it all over again. And hope it works lol.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 04:49:17 AM »
Actually, I have to apologize,it seems it won't let me do it after all. I didn't go as far as trying to save the sim to my library before, but when I did try that I got the dissallowed name message too!

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 07:20:19 AM »
Actually, I have to apologize,it seems it won't let me do it after all. I didn't go as far as trying to save the sim to my library before, but when I did try that I got the dissallowed name message too!

So it is the name Tobey? Whyyyyy? I don't understand!!! Tobey is a common name! Did Tobey Maguire hack the rights to Sims 4 or something? LOL.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 07:52:32 AM »
Lol, I think you should report this on the official forum's bug thread hosted by crinrict, maybe they can help you there?

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »
Lol, I think you should report this on the official forum's bug thread hosted by crinrict, maybe they can help you there?

Hopefully! Thanks for the tip. It's really frustrating haha.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
Willing to bet that EA didn't intend it to be that way. That's just random.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 06:09:03 PM »
Willing to bet that EA didn't intend it to be that way. That's just random.

Yeah, let's hope so! Of course my favorite name is one that would be stubbornly "disallowed" lol.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 01:43:29 AM »
What if you spelled it differently?  My Uncle Toby spelled his without the E, or Tobie.  It wouldn't be exactly the same but you wouldn't lose your favorite Sim and all he's done that way.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery