Author Topic: Red's Legacy Challenge (The Starr Family) [graveyard :( please ]  (Read 39028 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: Red's Legacy Challenge (The Starr Family)
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »
You've been so busy! I have been away and missed out on so much.  Rose is truly gorgeous - I think I am going to love the awkward relationship you are creating between her and Red, awkward but very loving! I have always found that having the Sims 3 reward lamps by the activity table work. If you don't have those - if you view a painting and browse art on the computer - that should get her inspired.. Good luck!! And well done, this is really enjoyable  ;D

Thanks! Glad your liking it. I have actually started autoscheduling them on my blog. Unfortunately there isn't a way to autopost here and say its up so these will be delayed compared to the actual post updates.

Day 18: Ahh, Push it

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »
Lol, yes, they were supposed to be different jokes, still, that's the way you roll Red!
Great update, keep 'em coming.  :)
Don't forget to mentor (encourage) Rose while she's working on the activity table.  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2014, 11:23:17 PM »
The yelling made Gideon miss Red.. !! So funny!! You manage to work your story around what the sims are doing rather than the other way around, which is really great. Can't wait to see what your new house looks like!

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2014, 02:51:31 AM »
Thanks for all the wonderful comments glad your enjoying it :) Today's post is pretty event filled!

Day 19: Astronomy is pretty fun

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2014, 03:05:30 AM »
Hmmm... girls names... primrose, poppy, violet... I dunno  ::)
Yeah for Gideon's promotion.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2014, 09:27:49 AM »
Can't wait to see what your new house looks like!

Here you go :)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2014, 11:34:47 PM »
oooohh Thank you!!  I love Rose's bedroom - really sweet.  I am so happy Red is pregnant again!!  Are we hoping for a red head this time?? Fingers crossed  :D I like the names Russet or Rudy for a boy (all different names for red again  ;)) Or Auburn, Cerise or Perinone for a girl.. But I am sure that whatever you come up with is going to fit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2014, 03:18:14 AM »

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2014, 07:54:51 AM »
oooohh Thank you!!  I love Rose's bedroom - really sweet.  I am so happy Red is pregnant again!!  Are we hoping for a red head this time?? Fingers crossed  :D I like the names Russet or Rudy for a boy (all different names for red again  ;)) Or Auburn, Cerise or Perinone for a girl.. But I am sure that whatever you come up with is going to fit.

I'm also liking Russet (nickname Rusty) and Cerise (nickname Cherry) and their nicknames are all red related too  ;)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2014, 09:09:11 AM »
I really like those name ideas!

I need suggestions from people. I've been pretty thorough on character closure up till now (we even wrapped up our relationship with fred the fridge). I need ideas of how to transition from writing to siblings who would have soon either all moved out or died. Any suggestions would be really helpful because I'm stumped.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »
Adventures At The Park is the sweetest chapter, it actually made me feel emotional! Great work.

Do you mean Red writing home to siblings that have moved out from her old (back story) home? If so, then couldn't it change into Dear Dairy... rationale being that Red knows her lil' piggies have flown the nest and that one day they will turn up unexpected for a visit wanting to know all the gossip and so she's going to write everything down so she doesn't forget?
Or that she supposes this is what happens as she doesn't get replies anymore?
Using 'dear diary' idea allows other characters to write/add their chapter in easily too.
If that's not what you mean disregard my ramblings  :)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2014, 11:28:17 PM »
ooohh.. I like Playalot's idea very much - I guess the only other option is to start the narration from Rose's point of view and have her refuse to write to the piggy's anymore and have her pick some other place.. maybe a pen pal?  But to be honest.. I think you have a winner with Playalot's idea.  ;D

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2014, 11:34:46 PM »
@playalot I like that idea a lot I just have to figure out the how now lol. (and yeah you were spot on with the issue) Seeing that I've been so thorough about closing up loose ends it seemed odd to me that I wasn't addressing the fact that life wouldn't have paused back at her original home.

@ktk10 I actually like the penpal and agree I like playalots idea a lot because I can use it more like a collection of different forms of writing. With the goal of informing them when they came back.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2014, 12:41:58 AM »
ok, how 'bout going all techy then, you know have Red start writing a blog so that the lil' piggies will be able to log on from where ever they are around the Simverse? So acknowledge that they are moving out to go flatting/roving etc so that's why you're going online?

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2014, 04:30:01 AM »
Day 21: My Parents are Boring

I can't believe I'm on day 21 but I hope you like it :)

anything