Author Topic: The Ratava Legacy [Requesting a Move to the Graveyard]  (Read 21539 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 1.3]
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 07:47:48 AM »
What a great way of introducing Sylvan Glade!  Love it. Great story

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 4: Live, Laugh, Love]
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 01:49:57 AM »
Chapter 4: Live, Laugh, Love

Days after my adventures in the park, I focused on my work. I’m progressing well in my career, and I finally got a violin of my own (since it kept slipping my mind every time I got a paycheck). Now I can play anytime, anywhere… like at the back of museums.

If you ask me not a lot of people visit this place, so this is the perfect spot for practice. Besides, I usually stop mid-song to start working on a new song. Not very pleasing in a performance yet.

After that I met a few friends over lunch. I still needed two friends to get promoted. I decided to meet them at the Rattlesnake Juice bar.

I tried calling Travis after that meet, but he was busy. Over the next few days, I still couldn’t reach him. He seemed to be always busy. But for some reason my brain was nagging me. Oh, Amber, he must be just sick of you now.

The following Sunday morning, I received a phone call while groggily eating my morning salad. “Amber here.”

“Hey! It’s Travis, that guy you met at the park?”

I nearly choked on my salad. “Hi!”

“Hi! Sorry I haven’t been able to answer your calls lately. I noticed there is a lot of them. But can I try and visit you today? I have quite a lot to talk about!”

Well that was straight-forward. “Here? Now?” I look at my crusted eyes and sleepwear, not to mention the dirty, broken shower next to my bedside. “That wouldn’t be the best idea.”

“Oh. Okay, thanks anyways.” he said as the other end of the line was cut-off and then, I started banging my head against my broken shower. Why. Why?

I called him back, almost immediately. “I can meet you today, but can we meet somewhere outside?”

We decided that I just meet him in the library, where he was currently at. I found him doing some programming. I looked at what he was working on.

“Why are you working in the library?”

He hung his head. “Working at home isn’t optimal anymore for me. Summer and Liberty still aren’t talking. And they both demand my attention aggressively when I’m at home, so I can’t finish my work, let focus on my games.”

I looked at him, he looked pretty stressed out. Now I get more why he looked like that when I first met him. So I dragged him out of the library.

“You’re not going to work today. Stress isn’t good for you, and you’re not going to be able to work that way, then you can’t get promoted, then… you get the picture. I have an idea on where we can go so you can unwind. Well, maybe just a little.”

“Okay…” He thought for a second and nodded. “Alright!”

He started to walk away to start our plans, when I said (or half-yelled) something incredibly stupid.

“Travis-wanna-make-it-a-date?” I said quickly to his back. I covered my mouth almost immediately when he turned around. “I mean… a date. You a-and me. If it’s okay. With you. I know it’s weird and if it’s okay, okay, and if it’s not that’s cool too but—ugh, Amber…”

He got a hold of my wrist and pulled it down from my face. He grinned at me like I just made his day. “A date it is. Let’s go!”

We talked about a lot of things, more so than before. He kept throwing geeky pick-up lines that he had to explain after he used. There were a few that were actually quite convincing. I told him I liked how he looked and he just beamed at me. We talked about more personal things, what we were like when we were kids. It didn’t really feel like a first date to me. More like... tenth. Or fifteenth.

The bar started to get crowded on the inside so we decided to go out for some air. We talked endlessly, but more than that he also asked me why I wanted to go on a date. I shrugged, but he kept asking and in a way it was annoying (and adorable).

“Miss Amber Ratava goes out on a date,” he said mockingly. “Of all people, why this handsome young man?”

I laughed. He asked, over and over and over. Even I can’t take it anymore. So I kissed him.

If there’s something I also knew about him that day, he was competitive. And yes, that did involve kissing.

Travis and I walked for a while. We didn’t talk much after. We didn’t really have to. We both know what’s on each other’s minds at that point. But I guess I really had to ask. So I did. And it was official. Travis, my geeky, over-the-top boyfriend.

He brought me home, he insisted. I asked him not to laugh much at my home. He didn’t, but he didn’t want to use my “bathroom” either. I said my goodbyes, but he pulled me back.

“Your house would be better if you had someone with you.”

“Are you volunteering?”

“Are you asking?”

I looked at the state of my house. I smiled at him. “Yes, I am asking.” And we sealed the deal with another kiss.
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 1.4]
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 06:59:38 AM »
I adore their relationship, happy to hear Travis is moving in  :)
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 07:38:43 AM »
Getting them together that way was great! Well done and bring on the nooboos!!

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 07:52:38 PM »
I adore their relationship, happy to hear Travis is moving in  :)

Thanks! I try to make it more dynamic as I go. :)

Getting them together that way was great! Well done and bring on the nooboos!!

:D I made Travis a bit more enthusiastic, story-wise, and I think he moved the story in an okay way. His confidence gets in the way of his aspirations though, so it's becoming a pain to me. :(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 03:05:28 AM »
Oh my gosh, this is just lovely.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
Oh my gosh, this is just lovely.  :)
Thanks! I myself gush over these two. <3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 5: New Beginnings]
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 09:21:09 AM »
Chapter 5: New Beginnings

“What do you mean, it’s awkward?” Travis asked me last night.

I didn’t mean it rudely really. I haven’t had someone in a bed with me, EVER. And it’s a little new to me. And of course he took note of that. Of course he does. But he was very sweet about it anyways. I wasn’t really sleepy at that time so he tried to lull me to sleep by humming, but I kept getting annoyed at his occasional off-tune, so he slept first. I really do like looking at his face while he’s sleeping, twitching like he’s still playing games on the computer.

We’ve become quite comfortable of each other overtime, getting each other’s quirks and habits. Okay, maybe a little too much. We don’t mind. But we make sure to keep those to ourselves.

Work is okay, for the most part. Now that Travis lives with me, he can finally concentrate on his programming and for the fun parts, video gaming. We usually take times apart in honing both our skills, but we ask about each other’s day during dinner (which we still don’t have a table for because I keep forgetting to buy one).

My boss asked me to play in public. You know, to get more exposure. So I decided to play sometimes in the park. One morning I got to earn enough to pay my bills (thankfully!) and then some. I even got home pretty late. Well, late enough past sunset anyways.

I was pretty tired when I arrived on the lot. I didn’t even see Travis across the street. On a formal wear. With his I-know-something-that-you-don’t look. I went to him and kissed him in the cheek for good measure.

“Okay, what is it that you’re hiding?” I asked. Sometimes it’s a new jacket or a new high score in Blicblock when he does that face. But something feels different this time, as if there’s something larger that happened. His smile became more mellow.

“I got a promotion today,” he told me, then stretched out his arms. “Can I get a hug?”

Well, I can’t really deprive him of a hug. “Finally! Maybe you just really needed some peace and quiet.”

“Well, peace and quiet.” He caresses my cheek. “And you. So…”

“Marry me, Amber.”

Of course, I said yes. Am I an idiot?

We embraced for a long time before he asked me. “So, when do you want to get married?”

“Today, if possible.”

He looked surprised. “Really?”

“Yeah… I think you’re rubbing off on me. Today-today. Or tomorrow. I just know it has to be soon. It has to be.” I said. But in my head I can’t be true to my word. I do feel exhausted.

“We should head home first, you need some sleep,” he said. “We can get married tomorrow.”

“Sleep today. Marry tomorrow.”

“Sounds like a good plan.”

We didn’t have the money for a fancy wedding. So there was no “formal” celebration. We just invited a few close friends to come with us to the chapel (I do miss the museum sometimes) so they can witness our vows.

We left the crowd early. I’m not a party person, and I like the intimate gathering that we had. But after talking to a few friends, Travis pulled me over to the small park nearby. Or walkway? I don’t really know what to call it.

He took me to the place where I first asked him out. I know he was thinking the same when we were there. We didn’t talk. Not really.

We just stayed in each other’s company. For always, this time.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Chapter 1.5]
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 11:42:25 AM »
Aw, lovely wedding and getting proposed to by the beach was perfect. I am dying to know what the nooboos will look like  ;D
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 11:39:30 PM »
Very sweet, that Travis is a smooth guy!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 02:18:59 PM »
That was so sweet. Oh I really love your writing style. What a lovely wedding.  :)

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 05:52:27 AM »
Aw, lovely wedding and getting proposed to by the beach was perfect. I am dying to know what the nooboos will look like  ;D

The proposal was actually very late into the night, and I really like that scenery across the lot.  ;) Nooboos will be coming, as assured.  ::)

Very sweet, that Travis is a smooth guy!

I really like writing about Travis in Amber's perspective. In a way he kind of sweeps her off her feet often. I like to think of characters beyond the three traits (which the Sims 4 only allows) and explore the personalities deeper. Travis, for one, has a romantic touch because his geek side showed him games that save trapped princesses (if you know what I'm talking about). I like thinking of them that way. So yes, quite smooth.

That was so sweet. Oh I really love your writing style. What a lovely wedding.  :)

Thank you! Actually this is my first time writing again after a two-year gap. I'm trying to practice and regain my momentum so I can write more stories of my own. College is taking its toll on me. :)

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Extra]
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 09:20:23 AM »
The Daily Life of Amber and Travis

This isn’t really a new chapter. It’s just a few of the things I thought of while writing but never really included, since they were kind of irrelevant in story progression. And another reason is that I didn’t have good screenshots. Sorry if this is not a very good update (or a ghost update), but I hope you enjoy it. You guys will have the next actual chapter soon!

The Good and the Bad News

Travis still hugged me tight when I said I want him to move in. We were both excited about it, that I even called mom to at least meet him over the phone.

Someone picked up the phone on the other end. It’s my sister. “Uhm… Amber, mom’s a bit busy.”

“Busy? Doing what?”

“Having a meeting with the Grim Reaper.”

I opened my mouth in horror. I mouthed what’s happening to Mom, and Travis held my hand. I heard on the other end, the Grim Reaper’s low voice as he took my mother away. But then I heard something else.

“Alice, give me the phone and I’ll talk to Amber,” Mom said. But not really mom. Her voice echoed as she spoke. I had a feeling that my sister is in a state of shock right now. She was never a brave woman. “Hi, sunshine,” Mom said to me. “You’re not getting rid of me that easily. Now where is this guy of yours?”

I handed the phone over to Travis. “Uhmm… my mom wants to talk to you.”

Reluctantly, he took the phone. He whispered, “I thought you said your mom just died.”

“Okay. My ghost mom wants to talk to you.”

Travis held the phone to his ear and started talking: first warily, then in his usual confident self. He gave me a nod. I even heard mom laughing on the other side.

“Really? We had the same hair color?” Travis blurted out. “Yes… uh-huh… oh, okay. Yes, ma’am, I will.”

He clicked off the phone. “Your mom had to go back to her tombstone. But on the bright side, she likes me! Take that for meeting your parents beyond the grave!”

I laughed. We both walked over to my—well, our now—lot. I’m happy they got along, and mom had the chance to talk to him. My ‘he’ friend, as my mom called it.

Old Friends

Alice invited us to her house one afternoon. Travis continued his programming at their house and I chatted with her a little over some friendly chess. If there’s something I knew about Alice, other than long walks in the park, she absolutely loved gossip.

“Did you hear Johnny Zest just got married?” she started.

“Which one is Johnny again?” Ugh, I am so bad at this.

“You know, the Landgraab’s other kid. Malcolm’s older brother that got kicked out of the family for who-knows-why… that Johnny. The neighbors said that they saw him elope with someone. Braided light blonde hair, with a blue striped shirt and a blue skirt. Not too color complimentary for my taste.”

“Summer Holiday,” Travis and I both say. Alice clapped her hands.

“Yep, that’s her! Shame, Nancy would have loved her. Do you guys know her?”

Travis stopped in mid-typing. “I used to live with her.”

“Oh, you two were—”

“No, no.” Travis looked at me earnestly. I looked at Alice’s clean carpet. “Just friends.”

When we went home that evening, we were both very quiet. I sat by the bed paying the bills when Travis broke the ice.

“You’re actually jealous, aren’t you?” he smiles.

“I’m not.”

He kept repeating this, over and over. Pushing me lightly by the side, then eventually tickling me, forcing me to confess.

“Stop, stop, stop! Fine, I’m jealous okay!?” I caught my breath when he stopped. “You two were close. Don’t even forget about Liberty. I didn’t know them, but you do talk about them often. They’re like your best friends.”

He thought about it for a second. “Liberty was like a sister to me, because she trips up often. Summer was a good friend, but she was always on her toes, and I can’t keep up with someone like that. I’m not a very athletic person, you know. And all that ruckus in the house for the past week…”

“Sometimes when I think about it, the ruckus is about you,” Travis stares at me blankly. “I mean, they both like you. That’s why they’re arguing. Competing, if I say.”

“Yeah right, as if that’s true. And even if it was true,” He kisses my hands. “There’s no way they’re getting me away from you that easily.”

Oh boy. He really does have a way of making me smile even if I’m supposed to be mad at him.

Breaking the Fourth Wall (No, not really)

I. am. bored.

It was just a sunny afternoon, and that’s it. A sunny afternoon. Nothing to do, nothing to watch (not that we had a TV at home) nothing to look forward to. My violin sits in the corner of the room, but I’m not even in the mood to pick that up.

“What do you feel like doing?” Travis asked me.

“Nothing really. I’m not even in the mood to practice for now.”

He thought about it for a second, and pulled me in on a plan. “Let’s go somewhere.”

And he brought me… well… to the library.

“Really? You’re bringing a bored person, to the library?”

“Hey, it’s the only place I knew that had computers okay? We still can’t afford one at home anyways.”

“What do we need computers for?”

He smiled and I swear his eyes twinkled. “Gaming.”

And so, it was my introduction to video gaming. Travis thought about choosing a game to let me play, but as it turns out (and by his standards), the only game I can play is Sims Forever. He told me what it was, how it was played, why the game is good, et cetera. And I admit it is really fun. And setting your house in fire and burning your sims is more fun.

As I was watching the helpless little guys freak out with their butts on fire, Travis checks on me from time to time. He said I was very clever for killing them a certain way, and laughed at my expression when I became a bit sad. I was out of my boredom, and I thanked him for giving me a good time.

I thought about Sims Forever. It was really addicting, but that wasn’t the point. “Travis, what if we’re all just sims?”

He looked at me. I think I just scared him. We both look up at the sky.

“Well, let’s hope the player isn’t as cruel as you are.”

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Deleted Scenes?]
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 05:31:40 PM »
Loved it! I totally love breaking the fourth wall humour and I just adored your last segment in particular. I really enjoy seeing Travis through your eyes. It makes me want to play him asap!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Ratava Legacy: When Seasons Change [Deleted Scenes?]
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 10:35:10 PM »
I totally agree with Playalot, what a great way to give Travis a bit more depth and understanding.  I really loved the last line.. “Well, let’s hope the player isn’t as cruel as you are.” Priceless!!

anything