Author Topic: Hidden Lights are Back!  (Read 79709 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Hidden Lights are Back!
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:24:17 PM »
In order to find the hidden lights (testingcheats does not need to be enabled to use this)

- Press Ctrl Shift C (to open up the chat box)
- Type bb.showhiddenobjects
- In build/buy mode go to objects by function
- From the drop down choose lights
- Choose Misc (the square with 3 dots)

Names / Sizes
Ambient Ceiling Light / 1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 3x1, 4x1, 4x4
Ambient Wall Light / 1x1, 2x1, 3x1, 3x3, 4x1

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Hidden Lights are Back!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:43:18 AM »
Just remember that they don't save to the gallery... yet. Simguru's say their working on this aspect of them and that's why they left them off the patch list!  :)

"Graham Nardone @SimGuruGraham
FYI we didn't mention the invisible lights in today's patch notes because we don't consider them final yet."

and

"Graham Nardone @SimGuruGraham
We're going to tweak their light output in a future update, and they don't persist when shared via the Gallery currently."
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 02:14:26 AM »
 Okay, excuse my ignorance, but what are hidden lights? Are they invisible lights so you can have the house bright without one hundred wall lights? I noticed after the patch today that it seemed to be a lot darker in my house than normal. I don't know if it was something to do with the update or some of my lights had stopped working or something. Wish they'd patch the lighting problem, even with a ton of full length windows, it's still dark in the houses.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:42:25 AM »
Okay, excuse my ignorance, but what are hidden lights? Are they invisible lights so you can have the house bright without one hundred wall lights? I noticed after the patch today that it seemed to be a lot darker in my house than normal. I don't know if it was something to do with the update or some of my lights had stopped working or something. Wish they'd patch the lighting problem, even with a ton of full length windows, it's still dark in the houses.

The strips of lighting you see aren't visible in live mode but still give off light. Allowing you to decorate light wise for appearance only and use them (which are free) to make it as lighted in your house as needed

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 05:49:23 AM »
It's nice to see these in The Sims 4. I used them often in The Sims 3.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 07:23:47 AM »
I used them alot too.  Was a nice way to reduce costs on a build.  I'll be watching for when they persist through upload to the gallery.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 10:03:45 AM »
Finally! The lighting is bad on screenshots especially during the night.
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 10:54:48 AM »
Very happy to see these invisible lights in TS4 . I've used them a lot in my builds in TS3 especially to help with the cost while building for the contests .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 11:00:10 AM »
They seem to not adjust to the room height though... the lights kinda cut to the lowest wall setting since the "lights" are placed on the floor, not the ceiling.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 04:45:41 PM »
This is great! I was wondering where these went, used them all the time in TS3. Until now I've had to stick to using "Kid's Ceiling Light" or whatever it's called. ::)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 04:09:17 PM »
I used them a lot in TS3 until I could afford visible lights I liked.  Otherwise I really disliked them because they often blocked the view, (when in build/buy mode), of the area I wanted to decorate.  It definitely helped keep down costs though and really, since you can't see them in live mode, they can really brighten up a room.  TS4 houses are so dark!  I'm glad to see them back.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »
I AM SO HAPPY!!!

I missed these so very much. I hate having to look at the lights in general while playing, especially when they obstruct my view. And I need my house to be very bright and well-lit!

Thanks for sharing!!

Dellena

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 10:27:06 AM »
Just be sure to keep at least one light in the house you can click on to set Auto Lights.  New lights stay on all the time.  You need to set Auto Lights again after placing any new light.  Keeping lights on all the time will defintiely effect your bills.  Also, play around with the colour of the light.  I find the default colour a bit dark and too yellow.  So I usually change all my lights to a brighter blue tinged light.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 11:52:25 PM »
Do the hidden lights also add to bills? I never thought of asking before...

The wall lights also stick to the floor, which is great. I use it to light the faces of my sims for screenshots (as if they were in an actual TV shoot)

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 09:25:04 PM »
@Dellena, I didn't even know that light usage was factored into the family bills. Interesting.

@imayu94, I discovered what you mean about the height of the lights. I have my walls set at the highest setting, but these ceiling lights stay only at one setting so they cast odd shadows above them in my houses. I'm hoping they will update them and make them officially part of The Sims 4 soon.