Author Topic: Late Night: First Impressions  (Read 116977 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Late Night: First Impressions
« on: October 26, 2010, 03:14:16 AM »
Ok, folks, who's got Late Night and what do you think?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

ladylaw1978

Re: Late Night: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 04:11:14 AM »
Oh, I'm playing now and I've got nothing but Nice to say!!!

One of the best features I like is the fact that you can now "Customize Lifetime Wish". That click pulls up a menu of all Lifetime Wishes and you can choose from that instead of being limited by trait choices!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

brandon72mo

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 04:58:21 AM »
... anxiously awaiting the release of the digital copy through the EA store.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 05:14:11 AM »

One of the best features I like is the fact that you can now "Customize Lifetime Wish". That click pulls up a menu of all Lifetime Wishes and you can choose from that instead of being limited by trait choices!!

I totally agree!  I love all the new clothes!  I only checked out female YA, but they are super nice.  I really like the new workout tops.  Customized LTW is also outstanding. 

A itty bitty bit disappointed in Bridgeport, it is late and I am super tired, but I only found 2 empty lots to build houses on.  I may have missed more, but in the "residential housing" area, I only saw 2.  In the city area I like the fact they have more than one business in the same building.  Like the business office and the restaurant are grouped together.

The pool & fountain tools are cool.  Curved pools with some landscaping, it will really look like a "natural" swimming hole.  I took me a NY minute to figure out how to place paintings up and down the wall, but I did it!  Can't wait to go and redecorate my current Sims games.

I had my new Sim try out the musical instruments, she made the cutest faces while playing the bass.  The instruments are going to be fun.  One of the new LTW is "One Man Band", max skill for all instruments.  Can't wait to actually play that wish. 

Ok that's all I did for now.  I have to go to sleep before the baby wakes up.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 06:00:35 AM »
Can anyone explain Bridgeport or post images for me? I won't be getting it till Friday!  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 06:56:42 AM »
Customizable LTW! Fantastic clothes! curved pools! Vampires!

I can't wait to get this EP. I'm trying to convince my boyfriend that he should buy it for me as a treat for me looking after him these past 3 months - I mentioned in another thread he badly broke his ankle and he's been on crutches ever since so i've been driving him to work and back (his work is in the opposite direction to mine!), doing all the cooking, cleaning, fetching drinks, you name it. He's reluctant because he says he doesn't want to feed my sims addiction!

Otherwise I'll be getting it for my birthday this November. But that is far too long to wait!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 07:08:40 AM »

Oh wow! That's awesome!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 07:34:48 AM »
Customizable lifetime wish? EA really does hide the best things from us! I'm getting mine today at school so I'll be back later to talk!
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 10:43:40 AM »

This alone will make it worthwhile for me.  No more having to take traits I don't want in order to get a particular LTW!

I don't have my game yet but plan to hit the stores as soon as they open.  It's snowing and blowing here, and the roads are probably slippery, but I don't care!  I need my game.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 10:57:28 AM »
This alone will make it worthwhile for me.  No more having to take traits I don't want in order to get a particular LTW!

Yep, no more eccentric inventors/ghost hunters!

Just spent an hour or so doing the club scene with one of the pre-mades (an actor).  Met a couple vamps and celebrities, danced, played drums and shuffleboard, found out Sagittarius likes Aquarius, bought a few drinks, and had my stove stolen.

There are 13 open residences available for moving in sims and two open lots (30x40 and 32x42?).  All of them are designed for couples.

All Ambitions lots are built into the town (with the exception of the laundromat) which is a lot nicer than the haphazard way they were added to RV and SV.

I am liking what I am seeing so far.

I'll play some more later and see about adding my CC in.  Of course, Rock Band 3 is out for delivery (with keyboard!) so I will be switching to that when it arrives :)

Edit:All the Store CC added in without incident.

There is 1 vampire family living in BP: the Hemlocks (couple with toddler, all vamps).  There are at least six other vamps in town: Brigit Hemlock (not a resident, I think: listed as a boss to one sim, but could find the residence), Elvira Slayer, Vladimir Schlick, Jessica Talon, Beau Merrick, and William Fangman.

Adult age for a vamp (in normal age setting): approx. 105 days to elder.
Young Adult age for a vamp: approx. 104 days to Adult.
Toddler vamps age normally (7 days) and have no thirst.

Offline Glic2000

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »
Wow, I must really like The Sims.   I can't remember the last time I bought a game on release day, and walked three blocks in the pouring rain to get it, and skipped work to play it!

So far...hm...not terribly impressed.  The big buildings just seem like decoration.  Each one only seems to have one household in it, so the population of Bridgeport is apparently not much bigger than Sunset Valley.  Also, navigating around the skyscrapers can be annoying, because of the camera bouncing all the way to the top of them.  The half height walls were also a disappointment:  you can't build on top of them!  So they're functionally the same as a fence (I thought I could make a half-height platform and then use it to build complicated staircases - no such luck).  I also wish they had fixed some of the old glitches, like Sims walking right through each other.

EDIT:  Apparently the skyscrapers DO have more than one household living in them, but the other tenants don't have homes you can visit.  You can just ring their doorbell and get them to come out.  Seems a bit awkward to me, but I guess it works.

On the positive side, I like how there's new music (even at the loading screen).  Also, you can take the skyscrapers and add them to your old towns, if you want to reinvigorate 'ol Sunset Valley.  The city feels VERY different than Sunset Valley, that's for sure.  There's also arcade games, darts, shuffleboard... so building a whole arcade could be very fun.  I like how dealing with bouncers gives you options like "bribe" (and apparently you can sneak past bouncers somehow too).   And skills can be used to impress celebrities (see screenshot of my Sim trying to impress celebrity with my level 2 guitar skill.  I don't think she was impressed. :))  Oh, and the Celebrity "skill" journal has stats like "Number of Times Publicly Disgraced" and "Number of Times Falsely Accused", hehe.

Anyway, I've only played it for a couple hours so far, so these are very early impressions...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 01:05:15 PM »
The big buildings just seem like decoration.  Each one only seems to have one household in it...

Not true. At least in the first game that I've started. I moved my Sim into a high-rise apartment and 2 other Sims are on the same floor as him.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 01:31:14 PM »
Two new services for hire through the cell phone: Butler (for $1200 a week), and Mixologist for $50 a visit.

Offline Glic2000

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 01:41:04 PM »
Not true. At least in the first game that I've started. I moved my Sim into a high-rise apartment and 2 other Sims are on the same floor as him.

Yes, I noticed that immediately after I posted.   :-* 

A couple of things I really like:  being invited to another Sim's party (especially if it's a celebrity's house)!  And no, they don't tell you "it's getting late - perhaps it's time to leave?"  Well...okay, they did, but only at 4 am. ;)    Oh, and I like how Sims will use the subways automatically to get around faster.  Also noticed a new "Hip Hop" station on the radio.  And the new fountains are really beautiful...

Oh, and one thing I absolutely LOVE:  when you get invited to someone's party, your Sim will automatically go there at the correct time (so you don't have to scrutinize the map trying to figure out where they live). 

So far, Late Night seems to have a lot of potential!  And I haven't seen any [new] bugs yet either... I think. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 02:08:52 PM »
So far, Late Night seems to have a lot of potential!  And I haven't seen any [new] bugs yet either... I think. :)

Me either. Yet. Of course, I've only been playing a couple of hours. My bass player discovered that the guitar exploit crosses right over to bass, so I'm assuming the same is true of drums and keyboards and those skills can be exploited as well. Bring up a bunch of perform cues, cancel them upon hearing the first notes, and it registers in the skill journal.