Author Topic: Odd Behaviour, looking for assistance  (Read 4225 times)

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
Odd Behaviour, looking for assistance
« on: November 13, 2010, 08:33:13 PM »
Recently a couple I have had for a long time, they are elder and have been together a long time as well, have been acting odd.

When I send them to bed, the woman pops up out of bed gets the guys face in a thought bubble and cheers for about 30 minutes with no action to cancel.  I have to then send her back to bed and then she sleeps through the night.  Also, If I queue a few things up, for example, have her eat, shower, then watch tv .... In between each action she runs to where ever he is in the house with his face in a thought bubble, cheers for a minute or so then runs(and I mean runs, up the stairs too) back to what she was supposed to be doing.  Its like she is checking to make sure he is still there or something.  

Now their relationship has been pretty well maxed since the start, he is a 1-star celeb, she is a 3-star celeb.  All of this has gone on for about a week of game time now, if he isn't in the room with her she has to go see where he is.  The only thing recent that has happened, I got sick and tired of all the papparazzi around my house until 3am that I took him outside and started fights with all of them (he is maxed martial arts and athletic), and they haven't come back since.

This couple is one of the older ones I have had so I'm not sure if its her going crazy or something else as in some new(to me) bug that I have never seen.  As far as her traits, there is nothing out of the ordinary, genius, green thumb, cook, loves the outdoors and good.

edit:  I should mention this is with WA, Ambitions and LN installed.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
Re: Odd Behaviour, looking for assistance
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:21:13 PM »
I had something similar happen to.  This was quite awhile ago.  After Ambitions came out.  Everytime I sent my girl Sim to bed, he would get out of bed, if he was already asleep and so that.  Even if I sent her to bed first, he would go to sleep, then wake up and then I would have to send him to bed.  Same thing with in between actions going to where she was.  As far as I know it is just a funky bug.  That was my only family that had that weird behavior.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 09:23:31 PM »
Ok. So I figured this would be easier to explain.  Now her animations are almost always different, in these she kinda points and laughs almost like a mock, but most of the time she cheers and fist pumps.

I didn't realize when shooting the video that the queue wouldn't show up, but:

first video she is queued to shower after eating, and then watch television.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U92IeeMbIU0

The second video is after she ran for him twice and the car pool shows up for her
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwdAXBwZlik

The third is an example of her waking up right after woohoo and queued sleep, this happens even with out the woohoo, but they both had the wish for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZUPQHQm2Rs

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:27:03 PM »
ok, So I figured this would be easier to explain.  Now her animations are almost always different, in these she kinda points and laughs almost like a mock, but most of the time she cheers and fist pumps.

I didn't realize when shooting the video that the queue wouldn't show up, but:

first video she is queued to shower after eating, and then watch television.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U92IeeMbIU0

The second video is after she ran for him twice and the car pool shows up for her
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwdAXBwZlik

The third is an example of her waking up right after woohoo and queued sleep, this happens even with out the woohoo, but they both had the wish for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZUPQHQm2Rs

Yup, exactly what mine did too!

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:28:02 PM »
I had something similar happen to.  This was quite awhile ago.  After Ambitions came out.  Everytime I sent my girl Sim to bed, he would get out of bed, if he was already asleep and so that.  Even if I sent her to bed first, he would go to sleep, then wake up and then I would have to send him to bed.  Same thing with in between actions going to where she was.  As far as I know it is just a funky bug.  That was my only family that had that weird behavior.

does it pass? or will it persist with them?   cuz its kind of a pain in the butt :P  get her timing down before work and by the time she goes she is almost late.  

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »
It never stopped.  Sorry.

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 09:34:34 PM »
It never stopped.  Sorry.

ahh nuts, okay, thanks   :'(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 09:36:44 PM »
Does resetsim fixes it?, or going out on vacation?

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 10:29:09 PM »
Does resetsim fixes it?, or going out on vacation?

Sadly no, I had tried resetting before I posted first.  I hadn't thought of going on vacation and I thought it worked for a few minutes, but as soon as they went to bed she started it up again ... ohh well, I hadn't played them in a long time, I guess I can shelve them again.  sucks too cuz they just finished buying the last property available.

I suppose I could try moving them, I was waiting until I had a tonne of cash before buying the big lot.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 11:25:56 PM »
Vacation has fixed some behaviors for me. You might give it a shot before shelving them.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 02:08:04 AM »
Usually when a sim fights and wins, for some reason, other sims react to that, some negative, some positive.  I had my sim take Aiden Jones from his wife.  My sim and Jones wife had a fight and my sim won.  She was also had martial arts maxed and she was brave.  From that day forward, the same thing happened.  Even when the paper person would come they would either laugh and point or cheer.  After Aiden moved in, he did the same thing, he would go to bed after her and then get back up and laugh and cheer and point.  So I guess it has something to do with the fighting, that is all I can figure.  Even when my sim would go downtown, most sims would get her thought bubble over their head, sometimes there would be a red slash through it and sometimes a smiley face.  Maybe it is a form of disgrace, between fighting and taking someones husband, lol.  Some people approved, some didn't. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 07:43:26 AM »
hmm, so by chasing away the papparazzi I gave myself a new problem ... lol figures.  One thing that is nice, is that none have returned.

Taking her on vacation didn't work, I thought it had for a few minutes but it started up again as soon as they went to bed.

Thanks all, I will try moving them to a new lot, possibly to a different town.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »
Was the husband a celebrity or a Sports Star or a Musician?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Wevee

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 07:38:22 AM »
Was the husband a celebrity or a Sports Star or a Musician?

Yes, as I said, he is a 1-star and she is a 3-star.

Moving to another lot in town didn't work but moving to a different town did work!  I'm not dissappointed about moving though, because 35 of the 50 people the female sim knew were vampires.  The drawback is the papparazzi are back, I built a huge fence this time so I won't be tempted to go out and beat them up.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 07:54:34 AM »
Question: did she, by any chance, have the excitable trait?

anything