Author Topic: Household Capacity?  (Read 15902 times)

Ripster3859

Household Capacity?
« on: December 20, 2010, 10:25:45 PM »
Is there a certain limit on how many sims can be living on one lot at once? If so, is it affected by the number of beds available, and can it be "turned off" through a cheat?  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Household Capacity?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 10:28:24 PM »
You have a limit of 8 (eight) Sims on your lot.  While you're playing it, you can have as many or as few beds as you want.  However, if you have a marriage or you move your Sim in with another family, you'll need enough beds for everyone in the house you're leaving behind.  The game won't let you make the move otherwise.  The max number of Sims cannot be changed with a cheat.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 10:52:36 PM »
8 sims, 6 dogs/cats (when the pet expansion comes, of course), 99999 imaginary friends for your sims, around 1152 cars (not including the firetruck), around 6144 giant meteor rocks, 2 dogs barking incredibly loudly to annoy me while I play TS3, 1 person to be playing, 0 people to care about my acomplishments in the game.

Uninoob

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 02:09:16 AM »
Yeah it's 8 people, I tried to make a care home once with 10 people (3 Adults, 7 Children), but it wouldn't let me.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 08:45:53 AM »
Crazy thing. I was using the cheats trying to make sure all my magical kids from the other countries could live with me. So I was at full capacity which is 8 sims. I decided to go to China and pick up one of my other kids. I added them to the household while we were in China. Then when I got back the oldest person on the lot still lived there but I could not control him. So the panel showed 8 sims, but I had 9 there, and I could not control 1 of them. I ended up moving some people out and it went back to normal.

So I had an house of 8 took like 5 of the 8 to China with me, added another while in China, then came back and was unable to control one of them.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...