Author Topic: Rules: Careers Challenge  (Read 20375 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Rules: Careers Challenge
« on: September 29, 2015, 02:35:02 PM »
Hello, Forum!

Carl and Metro have generously allowed me to add my new Careers Challenge to the Sims 4 Projects Board. Thanks, guys!

The Careers Challenge is a Sims 4 legacy-like challenge where the focus is on Careers instead of Aspirations. There are no points to be counted. Play on a normal lifespan. If you complete the aspirations as well, good! More satisfaction points! Tip: Teen jobs are not considered careers for this challenge.

There aren’t too many rules unlike the original legacy challenge. Except: No cheats can be used to advance careers or skills. Build cheats are fine (but not to acquire career reward items). You may use rewards and potions except to extend ages.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. Create your Founder Sim (or download from the Gallery). Randomly roll for your Sim’s career. You may choose traits that will help with this career. There’s a free randomizer at http://random.org. I use an app for my iPad called RandomMaster. An Excel spreadsheet will also work.

2. Select the largest lot in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs or Newcrest. As towns are added by EA, you can use those towns as well.

3. Start building your Legacy House using the funds left after purchasing your lot. You will only have the basics to start: kitchen, bathroom, bedroom (if you have enough money), a place to eat, and a place for skill building. No money cheats! You may use custom content if you wish.

4. Find a spouse to bring in the next generation. If he/she already has a career, you can use it. If it’s been used, roll for a different one. He/she will keep the traits he/she has. You CAN keep any funds the new spouse brings into the family.

5. As children arrive, you can (but don’t have to) add another bedroom for them if you have enough money. Your heir is the firstborn. You will roll for each child’s career and can choose children’s traits. If you roll a career that has been used, roll again until you get one that hasn’t been used. If you want a real challenge, more than one child can clear a career in a generation. Only the heir can marry and produce the next heir. Other children can be moved out when they come of age (or have cleared their assigned career).

6. When Career Rewards are earned, use them in (or decorate with) your legacy house. For instance, use the rewards kitchen counters, etc. for your kitchen, athlete rewards for your gym, and so on. You can build a specific room for each career or not. Your choice. Bedrooms, etc. can be upgraded and more bedrooms and/or other rooms can be added when funds allow.

The game ends when all careers have been cleared, your Legacy House is finished, and Career Rewards have been placed in the Legacy House.

I have started my own Careers Challenge Legacy on my blog

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Rules: Careers Challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
This looks great! Unfortunately, I already have too many stories going to try it. I do have it bookmarked to come back to later, though.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 10:54:30 PM »
Thank you, MarianT!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 12:17:24 AM »
I just read your story and LOVE it! It has inspired me to have a go as well!

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 12:21:22 AM »
That's great! Thank you! I should have another chapter up soon :)

Offline BigMud

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 04:07:44 PM »
I really like this challenge, I wanted to do something similar but I lack the discipline to come up with guidelines for myself lol so-- thanks for doing it for me! haha :P I will definitely give it a go

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 04:11:48 PM »
Glad you like it! If you do a story or Let's Play, I'd be interested in reading/watching your progress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 06:48:50 AM »
This is fantastic @JudesSims ! I am up for this challenge. I've been looking for something to do. Lately, I've been down in the dumps with building homes. Waiting for Metro's challenge. The Careers Challenge just might bring back the spark. :D It'll also allow me to enjoy the game in a different way, and build a house on the side. Thanks for posting this.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 08:20:45 AM »
You are very welcome, @Indira! I'm happy you like it!

anything