Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57969 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Nov 16)
« Reply #255 on: November 17, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »
But being the oldest still carried certain responsibilities, such as mopping the floor with her younger sibling's voidcritter.

Yep, that's definitely a very important responsibility. Top priority, I reckon! :)

In all seriousness, I hope she manages to find another unrelated alien soon. Shame that Sixam's nearly dried up. :-/
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2016, 09:30:14 PM »
As a tip for Medusa to find her true love, she should start a club that only allows teenage aliens. It should force the game to generate unrelated aliens. I hope she continues to do well and catch up to the Bairds.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2016, 08:10:18 AM »
Thanks for reading, everyone!

@dontmindme, that's a good idea. I do have an aliens only club, but she's related to everyone in it. Too bad we can't specify gender.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2016, 07:12:39 PM »
Medusa really aged up well.  I hope she can quickly find her true love.  There's no way to repopulate Sixam is there?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: November 20, 2016, 10:36:53 AM »
Baird, Week 21

After Lilac became a young adult, she added candles to her cake so that Maddox Hart could grow up, too. "He's active, a dance machine, and a geek," her great-great-grandmother Dahlia told her. "You could do a lot worse."
"Plus, he's cute," Lilac agreed.

She took him with her to her next dance party, and he did have some good moves. Not as good as Dominick Fyres, of course, but Dominick was already married.

After a while, Maddox had to call it a night. "Party-pooper," Lilac teased him. "I've got to do one more tonight before I can call it quits."

After he left, a couple of blue-skinned Zargons showed up, which made Lilac angry. She and her parents tolerated their rivals coming to the store, but crashing her party was crossing a line.

She followed Eris Zargon home and confronted her. "Nobody invited you," said Lilac, "and you didn't even bother to change into your party clothes. Don't they have any manners on Sixam?"

Eris apologized, but Lilac's dander was up. And besides, she needed to become enemies with one of the Zargons. After implying that Eris's mother was a llama, she got into a fight. Belatedly, Lilac realized that getting into a fist fight with the chief of police was probably not a good idea, nor was trying to fight in her party dress. By the time Eris was finished with her, she was so dazed that she almost forgot to declare her an enemy.

She went to bed when she got home, too wiped out even to read her book of life. A phone call from Maddox woke her up the next morning. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you," he said. "Meet me at Chez Llama for breakfast?"

Lilac met him, and they had so much fun flirting that they didn't notice how long it was taking for their waiter to appear. "I've got to go," Lilac finally said. "I have to help out at the store. We're working on our last perk, Cheaper Re-stocking. But we can hook up later, okay?"

It was definitely okay with Maddox. He showed up at Lilac's party that night. "I've got my dancing shoes on," he said. "I'm ready to dance the night away."
"Let's sit out for a bit," said Lilac. "We need to talk. I don't know if you're aware of this, but I'm a dynasty heir."
"Does that mean you're going to be rich?"
"Not necessarily," said Lilac. "What it means is that I'm in a race with the Zargons. Which means that I can't sit around and wait for you to act upon your romantic feelings. In other words, I'm going to take charge for the next few minutes."

"Okay by -- whoa, that was fast."

"So, is it a yes?"
"Sure. I mean, don't you want me to tell you how beautiful you are in the moonlight, and what lovely eyes you have?"

"Of course," said Lilac, "but --"
"And you look gorgeous in that dress."

"Yes, but for now, all you need to say is 'I do.'"

And with a couple of leftover pumpkins as witnesses, Lilac and Maddox got married.

"Can I tell you you're beautiful now?"
"Maddox, you can't even see me."
"But I can feel --"
"Now, now, family friendly."

"Oh, one thing I may have forgotten to mention," Lilac said later. "We're going to be running a restaurant."
"Is that why we didn't get a house?" asked Maddox.
"Exactly," said Lilac. "What do you think?"

"It's kind of beige."
"The words you're looking for are 'simple, understated elegance,' said Lilac, "'in harmony with its spare desert setting.' I'm going to become a food critic."

"Oh Maddox?"
"Yes, love?"
"Now you can tell me I'm beautiful."

Later,  Lilac went out to the community garden. Her mother, her grandmother, her great-grandmother, and her great-great-grandmother all agreed that it was high time there was a boy to carry on the line. Since there was no telling what kind of music Maddox might choose to listen to, she had to eat some carrots.

"I don't think I've had a raw carrot before," Lilac mused. "Hmm, crunchy -- it's got that going for it. But the flavor is kind of blah. Not bad, just not really there. Healthy, I guess it tastes healthy. I suppose if you shredded it, and combined it with eggs, flour, and buttercream frosting, it might make a good cake."

The carrot -- "Actually, there were twelve of them," said Lilac -- did what it was supposed to do. Here is Dogwood Baird, the first boy in the family.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- Nov 20)
« Reply #260 on: November 20, 2016, 04:51:46 PM »
Well that progressed quickly. Congrats on Lilac and Maddox getting married and on the birth of Dogwood!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: November 20, 2016, 07:51:24 PM »
Welcome little Dogwood!  Iris sure knew what she wanted and went out and BAM! Got it done!
Food critic eh?  Be interesting to see how you like that and what it takes.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2016, 01:12:34 PM »
Way to go, Lilac! So much accomplished in a single week! I love the beige, I mean understated, restaurant. Her description is perfect. I just finished the food critic career and found it very fun. I hope Lilac likes it, too!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2016, 11:21:30 AM »
Lilac is such a go-getter. Maddox didn't stand a chance.
I haven't tried the Food Critic career so I look forward to reading about Lilac's experiences with the career and with the restaurant as well.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #264 on: January 04, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »
I finally got all the way caught up with this.  Absolutely loving the story and hope to see it continue soon (and totally cheering for the Bairds).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: January 04, 2017, 01:19:06 PM »
I finally got all the way caught up with this.  Absolutely loving the story and hope to see it continue soon (and totally cheering for the Bairds).

Glad you're enjoying it, and glad you're cheering for the Bairds, as the Zargons seem to get more love. (I'm cheering for both.) I've spent some time working on the Townie Dynasty, but plan to return soon.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2017, 10:22:14 AM »
Arrgh! I just looked at the rules again and realized that I gave 2 skill-boosting lot traits to a house when I was only allowed to have one. So I've failed. But maybe my subconscious let me do that so I could try the vampire option. Good-bye Zargons, Bairds, and Oirats! It was fun while it lasted.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2017, 07:34:42 PM »
Arrgh! I just looked at the rules again and realized that I gave 2 skill-boosting lot traits to a house when I was only allowed to have one. So I've failed. But maybe my subconscious let me do that so I could try the vampire option. Good-bye Zargons, Bairds, and Oirats! It was fun while it lasted.
Oh no!!
Maybe a Zargon, Baird, and/or Oirat founder for your next run at this?  "The Bairds have finally fended off the aliens, now vampires come to town?!?" could be interesting...

anything