Author Topic: [BUG] Sim's promotion fails to register/work performance checkmark disappears  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Hi. So those of you who are on the Tournament threads will know I've been having this issue. My Sim has her work requirements met (all checkmarks ticked, "homework" states complete) and the checkmark for work performance is also ticked. Then the second my Sim returns home from work, the performance checkmark resets by a few millimeters (about 2 Sim hours of "normal" work the next day to get it ticked again). My Sim has the required emotional state for her job (in this case: focused) and I usually try to stack moodlets to get the Very state, but that usually drops back to a just plain Focused state by end of work day. When she gets home, she has no "bad" moodlets (although, ironically, her first and subsequently last promotion she came home with a Tense moodlet that was overpowered by the Focused moodlets, I forgot to mention that on the challenge thread I think) and her needs are always super high before I send her to work (especially fun and social!). I don't know whether it is the latest patch that did this, as so far it has not afftected my Athlete and only my Secret Agent (although in 2 seperate files). Tjtemple kindly ran a test with a Sim with identical traits and career and had no problems getting promoted past level 2. Crinrict did supply a link to AHQ (I will have to go look for it and link it later) but that situation/solution doesn't seem to be the case here.

The lovely Simmers on the Tournament thread have given some possible work arounds which I will add to this thread/post later in the week, but for now, you can find them under the "Skill of the Week" challenge! If you think of anything, please let me know!

I will post any possible solution I can find here!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
There's this report on the bug threads but no solution unfortunately. Not even sure if it's the same bug.

Also this bug report, sounds somewhat similar. If you scroll down a bit there is mention of sims being stuck at certain levels of their career.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
@Playalot thanks for the links! Will check them out on my day off tomorrow, if my laptop internet plays nice lol I'm really hoping for a thread where I can just click the "me too" button and hope the Gurus listen! Although I have (sort of) got Crin's attention with this on Twitter... But, whether that will be enough for the Gurus to sit up and take notice? Who knows! They probably hard at work with the next GP or SP by now!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I think as more people experience this they will start reporting as the careers are lengthy enough without missing on vital promotions. With my test sim I missed out on 3 and it has really annoyed me!  Trouble is the in-game 'symptoms' are a little different between files so it seems difficult to report. Thing is if the requirements have been met and the tick is present to indicate a promotion is due, then when the sim returns home with no promotion then that's a clear bug!
It appears that the earlier levels of a career may get stuck but then at times the higher levels just fail to get the earned promotion, so potentially it could be two different bugs I suppose.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Oh my word! Don't say that! Last thing we need is two separate career bugs O.o I really do hope they get it sorted though, especially since I really want to start the Tournament on Friday but I don't want to have to ask the Team if I can cheat the promotions! Even if it is for a legitimate reason :-(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Opps, sorry Mags, didn't mean to freak you out! lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Lol it's cool Play! I know you would never purposely do that ;-D I'm curious to know whether it was the EP or the December patch that did it though... I downloaded them both same day so I really can't be sure!

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Ok, so my athlete sim for the New Year's Resolution Tournament Challenge, has had no issues with promotions. If it's all check-marked at the end of the day, the promotion goes through regardless of whether she was late to work (as long as she was less than 1,5 hours late anyway lol). As soon as I have finished the (should be this weekend), I'm going to start my scoring file for the Skill of the Week Tournament Challenge and see whether the spy career is still borked!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I'm almost too scared to start my 'real' file as so far both my test files have been struck by promotion problems. Argh!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
I have been cancelling work hard and am having no problems getting promoted, for whatever that's worth.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Yeah, that totally seems to be the key @reggikko . Time to brave up and 'do it' lol. I just really hate losing out on promotions etc when your sim should get them... makes me want to throw my toys!  ;D

anything