Author Topic: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge [Completed]  (Read 81023 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Restarting from Scratch-ish (new May 24)
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2016, 03:09:51 AM »
Naoto: Now watch me whip, whip. Now watch me…
Hey, let a dude know when you’re switching the live feed over, okay?
(Naoto was actually in the process of practicing storytelling in front of the mirrorr, but saw this pose and thought of LivvieLove's previous comment about Sasuke.)

YES! GET IT NAOTO! GET IT! XD

<3 I loved this update so much! First of all - welcome Karina! She's GORGEOUS. I can't wait to see how her genetics look when she's older. Kenta is such fun to listen to! I'll miss him when he leaves. :(
There's been quite a shift in the house. I take it Bathrobe-Girl Erika has officially left us? Pita the Penguin will mourn her loss.
I... will miss laughing at her bathrobe.
Naoto ages up so well! He's super cute in that punk-outfit. ::) We'll have to see if he inherited any of his grandfather's "achievements." (coughs).

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2016, 01:04:58 PM »
I'm still reading. I've just been too busy to do much commenting lately! Aren't you allowed to choose aspirations since Erika cleared the Babysitter career? I know you can't change them until you clear Musician, but the rules seem to say Babysitter lets you choose aspirations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »
Lei would like to send Mel a smartphone so she can take appreciative photos of Kage  ;) The Sanada genes again - Nessa and Erich are adorable, shame about the klepto trait, the game has gone crazy giving everyone that trait. I love Erich's expression as he's chatting with Naoto. Speaking of naoto, that song will be stuck in my head for a while now, lol. Welcome Karina, did she inherit her dad's eyes? naoto's looking good, he could pull of a Hawaiian shirt and t-shirt  ;)

Are you choosing the gender of children born in the house on who you'd like to pair them with or it's random and you decide as you go along?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2016, 01:45:09 PM »
@reggikko

Thank you for bringing up that point, because it's confused me, too. Here's what the rules say about the Musician and Babysitter careers.
Musician restriction
You may not change a Sim’s aspiration, even if they have completed it (Other than the forced change going from childhood to teenager). You may not cancel whims. [/unquote]

Babysitter
You must also follow the random generator’s result when choosing a childhood or adult aspiration when aging up an infant to child or child to teen respectively. [/unquote]

Oh, I see what you mean. It's exactly as you say! I can choose the initial childhood and young adult aspirations, but cannot switch again without the Musician unlock.
You are a lifesaver! I have two more sims in the children stage so it's fantastic to know now that I won't need to be rolling their aspirations.
Your comment really changes my game!  *bows head to ground in deep gratitude   m(_ _)m

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2016, 02:11:07 PM »
@Magpie2012 
Thanks for reading! Yeah, I knew Tatsuya and Jade's time would come but I watched in horror as Tatsuya and Nancy passed.
Actually, I was just now re-reading the Apocalypse Challenge Rules and noticed this response by Pinstar in the comments (not the rules):
There is nothing really locking down life-extending things in this challenge, mainly because you can only lift one restriction per sim, no matter how long they live.
Grrr, I wish I would have known that. I would have just given Potions of Youth to Tatsuya nd Nancy, then moved them out that night. Sigh, live and learn.
Looks like I'll be growing deathflowers and maybe a few ambrosia, just in case.

@LivvieLove
I feel the same way about The Bathrobe Lady. I always made fun of her for just sitting in front of The Penguin in her match bathrobe but that meant she was always available for the random chore or mood-boost social. It made her the perfect helper and she never spawn whims to go anywhere, lol. Yes, I'm looking forward to how she turns out, too.

@Nettlejuice   Mel thanks Lei for the smartphone and awaits the arrival of her prosthetic arm so she can use it. Yes, Karina has her father's eye shape but not the eye color.
As Daia's brother, Naoto won't get that much attention in terms of skilling and he won't bring in a spouse--both Naoto and Siobhan move out immediately after their career unlocks. And I'd like Daia/Kage to have a little boy, too.
Regarding your question about children's gender, I'm having a serious problem keeping the household size small.
This time I wanted a girl since there are already 2 boys in the house, also I'm hoping that Karina will turn out to be lovely. But I also want to move in the pale teen girl from across the street. Also the game spawned a really stunning librarian with pink hair, lol.
Since sims outside our house don't age, I don't consider pairings until a child becomes a teen. I need to let the household size drop to six.
Also, I found some aloha shirts for me (both open and buttoned versions), now I need some chains, lol.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »
*facepalm moment* gotta love how we so used to certain rules that we forget they don't carry over into all challenges lol

With my Legacy, I'm allowing the Elders of Gen 0 (Founder's generation) to take 1 potion of youth. They can take it at any time after the Elder birthday, but they can only take it once and never again. If Grim comes after that, well, tough luck Simmie! I did that mainly because I started Karda off from Adult. I know it's not legally allowed, but I'm not strictly following the Legacy rules, creating a couple of my own "sub" rules to better suit my playing style.

At least you know for next time, so Kenta can stay in the house a while after that Elder birthday without worrying that he will die and won't be able to live with Summer and his kid! I can't wait until you start aging up all the pollinator's children :-D they're going to be adorable! And wow, those Senada abs achievements *cough* Livvie, you've given me your cough again *mock glares*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2016, 03:05:31 PM »
Exactly--I'm most accustomed to the IDC rules so I didn't even consider that it would have been okay to use PoYs.

Ohh, you started Karda as adult! I would have returned to an early save file and gave her a PoY so she could start her legacy as a young adult. *shifts eyes

The pollination concept doesn't work in this game since sims outside the main house don't age. After clearing Oracle, I can import sims from Gallery/My Library.
Mostly, I'm just curious about what Sim x and Sim Y's kids would look like. I haven't had a chance to play a lot of the premade sims so the nooboos are fun.
All the nooboos actually hinder, rather than promote, my challenge, lol. Maybe next up should be a Prettacy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2016, 03:15:44 PM »
I actually didn't have an earlier save. I usually keep 4 saves, but, since I was saving practically every half hour, all my saves were adult ones. I thought of taking her into cas.fulledit but when I tried it I lost all her brilliant reward traits. I put lots of hard work into those traits and the idea of starting from scratch again just made me want to sob lol

I love playing with townie genetics. Especially with TS4.The pre-mades are so much more unique looking to me this time around.

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2016, 03:18:00 PM »
There is nothing really locking down life-extending things in this challenge, mainly because you can only lift one restriction per sim, no matter how long they live.
Grrr, I wish I would have known that. I would have just given Potions of Youth to Tatsuya nd Nancy, then moved them out that night. Sigh, live and learn.
Looks like I'll be growing deathflowers and maybe a few ambrosia, just in case.

But you have to clear Mixology first to use the potions, right?

Sims may not drink any drinks made at a bar. They may not drink any Lifetime Happiness reward potions. They may not have drinks from a fridge or cooler and cannot brush their teeth at a sink. Newborns may not be bottle-fed. Your Sim may make drinks to practice, but you must throw them out.

Can you tell I've been thinking of trying this crazy challenge? ;)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2016, 03:24:45 PM »
@reggikko
Right again! I need to start putting you on retainer or pay a by-project consultation fee!
We've cleared Manual Laborer, though, so Death Flowers are our only option for the moment. All the interwoven factors get so confusing!

Thanks so much for helping me pay attention to the details! <3

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2016, 03:59:00 PM »
@reggikko
Right again! I need to start putting you on retainer or pay a by-project consultation fee!
We've cleared Manual Laborer, though, so Death Flowers are our only option for the moment. All the interwoven factors get so confusing!

Thanks so much for helping me pay attention to the details! <3

Ha! I could use the extra cash. ;)

I guess with the Book of Life you'd have to let them die and then summon the ghost to bring them back? I've never done that so I don't even know how it works. What about the wishing well? Is that banned?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2016, 06:02:56 PM »
I don't have Books of Life because I was an idiot and my Wonder Child finished the challenge with $20,000/$25,000 publishing income earned, so he can't write them.

But this is a possibility for later.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Two Cakes, Three Moves (May 26)
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2016, 08:23:29 PM »
Week 15/Day 99:  Two Cakes, Three Moves

Day 99 (Sun)

Kenta: I’ll only stay here at this house for 2 or 3 more days.
Lately, I’ve been thinking about what’s left to do and I believe I’m pretty much done here.
Daia has maxed Handiness and Guitar, and Kage recently joined Daia and I in maxing Logic.
Since Mauricio is an Artistic Prodigy, I’ve helped him max Violin.
He’s too young for me to mentor him in Painting, but I’ll help him a bit with Piano.

Today, Daia’s working and the rest of us have been visiting various spots for fun and relaxation.
First stop, Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek.
Shots like this are no doubt run of the mill for our readers, but leaving the neighborhood is extremely novel for our household and, by extension, me.
Also, I'd like to point out that Kenta has aged well.

Kage: It would be great if Kenta could finish his Angling Ace aspiration before he moves out.
I’ve been helping him catch the fish he needs for the last milestone.

Mauricio: At Magnolia Blossom Park, I run into my brother Malcolm. We play a few games of chess and take a photo together.
I wonder if Malcolm and I will look more alike when I’m a teenager…

Naoto: Next stop, Desert Bloom Park in Oasis Springs.
So Watchette and I decided that the open aloha shirt would not be a good look for a Criminal Boss.
She’s been taking me to a Japanese tattoo artist and, ouch, did that hurt!
Once I get more fit, I think I’ll be rocking this look! Do you think it’s too crazy?  And wait till you see my second party outfit!
By the way, this is my neighbor Tao. You’ve met him before, right?

Kage: How annoying! Watchette gets so distracted by Naoto and Tao that she misses a shot of me catching a sturgeon!!!  >:(
That’s the fish which completes Kenta’s fishing aspiration.
We are done here. Let’s go, folks! We have two more places to go tonight!

Mauricio: Watchette had wanted us to get to know The Roomies, so this is our next stop.
Just as we descend on The Roomies,  though, that Hawaiian dude Mitchell Kalani leaves for work. 
Too bad, I hear he’s really cool!
Woooow, all of us are so jealous of this crib! Look at all the space and the many rooms!
Uncle Kenta can’t get over how huge the TV is.

Mauricio: Watchette heard from a lady named @reggikko that there’s a space gym across the street, so Karina and I run over there to go play Space Explorer together!
Karina and I are in grade school together now, so it’s strange to think that I’m the uncle of Daia and Naoto plus Karina’s great-uncle.
The simverse doesn’t actually consider Karina and I as blood relations, though…
Not it doesn't, actually, but we know you're related! Neverthless, these two kids are so cute!

Naoto: This lady named Zoe Patel at The Roomies home keeps eyeing me like she wants a piece of this.
Doesn’t she realize I’m still a teenager?  Not that I can blame her for feeling attracted to me, of course!

Kage: Gavin and I are enjoying a chat while the others watch TV.
This a strange household—only Mitchell and J work, while Gavin and Zoey stay at home.
Apparently, though, Gavin is a novelist and works from home, so I guess that’s okay.
But if he’s not a Writer/Author, why does he still wear that ugly green jacket?
*Looks around for a closet to change his outfit.
Nope, this house doesn’t have one, Morgan.

Kage: Our last stop tonight is the Von Haunt Estates. It’s rather creepy and covered in a misty haze!
While the others play chess, I jog over to the garden for some cuttings.
I guess the gardens are poorly lit at night to add to the spooky eeriness.
After clearing the Villain career, maybe I’ll put together a cash-crop garden of UFO fruits and dragonfruit as my third contribution to the family.
You’re asking what my second contribution is?
That’s obvious—our children are my first contribution, Karina and our future son! Clearing the Villain career comes second.

Day 100 (Mon)

Gned the Gnome: Well, at last, Watchette decides to share a shot of our lovely Siobhan leaving for work.
Mel the Mailbox: You know that Watchette loves Siobhan, right? She just isn’t a fan of Siobhan’s work outfit. To be specific, she likes the suit but not those shoes...
Tremain the Trashcan: Whatever. Siobhan looks really determined to bring home a promotion today!

Mel: Wow, look there! Watchette’s taking a close-up shot of us, the Porch Crew!!! *flaps red flag excitedly
Gned: You’re embarrassing us, Mel. Please don't get so excited! *poses anyway
Tremain: Yeah, haven’t you figured it out? Watchette’s just exploiting us to squeeze in another shot of Kage.
Mel: Well, it’s kind of a waste of the 25-image limit, if you ask me.
Gned: What do you mean? It’s a great shot of us, and Kage doesn’t look bad, either.
Mel: Oh puhleeze---Kage’s the only male in the house with maxed Fitness and she takes a photo of him in a suit? *rolls eyes
The smartphone that Lei sent me is crying this very minute!

Kenta: This morning around 10, I receive my first notice from Grim.
Around the same time, I finish up the last portrait of household members aged young adult or above.
I even painted one of The Porch Crew yesterday and put it in the family inventory.
Kage promised to a special space for hanging portraits of everyone who cleared a career lock.
This last portrait—it’s of Naoto—comes out really nice, so I’m hanging it over the windows to enjoy.

Kenta: Mauricio takes a vacation day from school so I can mentor him in piano today. He’s Level 4 now.
Hey, Daia, since you’re off today, too, shall we go to the Willow Creek Art Museum?

Ahhhh, it’s so much nicer here than at The Cube, though I know I’ll miss everyone when I’m gone!

Daia: I’ve just been wandering around the art museum, socializing with sims I’ve never had the chance to meet before.
After the kids get out of school, they come here and do their homework outdoors.
I must say my little teenage brother has the oddest effect on older women. They throng to him like bees to honey!
Zoe Patel is a single woman so what she does is her business (my brother can handle himself), but I thought my co-worker Bjorn Bjergsen and his wiife Claire were happily married!

Daia: When Watchette takes Naoto over by the cherry tree to take some shots of his new outfit, I happen to look over at Claire.
Good grief, she's walked over to watch Naoto with an odd look of longing in her eyes.
I mean, she’s practically throwing herself at my teenage brother in public! Has she no shame?
Apparently not. And I just want our readers to know that I didn't stage Zoe and Claire reacting to Naoto. He's like a magnet.  :-X

Morgan: Just as we’re about to head home, Siobhan arrives at the art museum.
She’s in a new suit because she got promoted to Level 5 Regional Manager. Woot!!! Halfway there!
Although Morgan and her elder sister Siobhan are full sisters, they really don’t look much alike--their eyebrows, their eyes, their mouth.
They are both very beautiful—they just don’t resemble each other.

Day 101 (Tue)

Morgan: A lot of good things have been happening lately!
Let’s see, three of us kids are A students now, and Karina will definitely get her first A tomorrow!
And do you remember Gavin Richards from The Roomies?
Well, I invite him over to help me with homework and watch TV this evening.
He seems to be enjoying himself even though, compared to his home, ours is so embarrassingly tiny.
And Naoto's sitting right over there with his crazy back tattoos, but Gavin doesn't seem to mind those outrageous tattoos at all.
I guess he's not as conservative as his short hair and ugly green jacket suggest.

Kenta: I will be leaving here the moment I get my final notice from Grim.
I’m not sure why I keep putting it off—I’m already 80 days old.
Last night, I went to visit my wife Summer Holiday and we aged both our infant boys into children.

I’m taking leave of this house in good circumstances, I believe.
Kage has completed his career-related skilling, while young adult Siobhan, teen Naoto, and even child Mauricio are over 80% done with their career-related skilling.
I leave behind Kage with maxed Logic and Level 5 Writing, Daia wth maxed Fitness (Kage helped a lot), and Mauricio with both maxed Violin and Piano.

Kage gets promoted tonight to Level 8 Double Agent, having received the option to select the Villain Branch.
Siobhan is still Level 5—she’s progressing slowly but steadily. Kage has just three more career levels to go!
The household is doing great!
Kenta, I’m so sorry to trouble you, but you would you please paint a portrait of Kage in his new tux and bowtie?
Kenta: Sure, why not? It’s only the third portrait of him I’ve painted… *sarcastically
Pita the Penguin: *drools at James Bond look

Day 102 (Wed)

Karina: Mom texts me at lunch time to say that Uncle Kenta received his final notice from Grim this morning and has moved out to northern Newcrest.
I never even got to thank him for mentoring me in chess before school today!

Finally, back from school!
Hmmph, look at Morgan and Uncle Naoto, always checking their phones!
When I grow up, I’ll be so fabulous and popular that I won’t have time to check my phone!

Daia: Hey, Watchette, I’m not sure how I feel about the look you’ve chosen for my little brother who is, you know, still in high school!
Do you think maybe that whole “tattoeed-shirtlessness-and- tight-jeans-with-chains” look is a bit too provocative?
Lol, yeeesss! Naoto looks fantastic and so unique!
In the last shot of the last chapter, Naoto got the same hair but he looks rather plain and mousy.
Now he looks bad and dangerous! It's the perfect look for a future criminal boss, yakuza (Japanese gangster) style.

Naoto: Seriously, I refuse to go back to those other lame clothes! And I need to work out more and grow some body hair, too. Not a lot, just a little.
Daia: Is that a fake scar on your cheek, Naoto?
Naoto: Of course not, some guys tried to gang up on me at school the other day for looking too fly.
Daia: I’m not sure the simverse will be ready for the young adult Naoto… *sighs
You might not like Naoto's new look, but at least he looks different from all the other male sims in this simverse.
I know it's a tacky look, but it suits him and his future career.
:)

Day 103 (Thu)

Naoto: Hey, Watchette, why are you taking a shot of my flabby body now? I’m only Level 4 Fitness!
No worries, Naoto. This is your “Before” shot. When you max fitness, you can look back at this shot and laugh.
Naoto:  Oh okay. For a second there, I thought you were using me as an excuse for including another shot of my brother-in-law Kage…
*sputters, coughs…Uh, maybe you could invite your Uncle Kenta over sometimes to help you level Fitness.
Or we could invite Uncle Sasuke or Kenta to meet us at the gym!

Naoto: Tsk tsk, Watchette! No one's fooled by your changing the topic. *scoffs

Day 104 (Fri)

Mauricio: No grade school for me today because it’s my teen birthday. Well, what do you think?
Do you think I look more like a Landgraab or a Sanada?
I'm astonished by how much you resemble your half-brother Tatsuya--you have the same nose, mouth, and eyes as the founder!

Mauricio: In the afternoon, we also celebrate Morgan’s birthday who, as a young adult, looks even lovelier than before, if that's possible.
Later that day, she wordlessly moves out under mysterious circumstances. Does anyone know where she went?

Day 105 (Sat)

Daia: It’s so lonely without Uncle Kenta around. We all miss him a lot, especially Mauricio.
Mauricio: Because he was like my father since both my parents—founder Satoru and Nancy Landgraab—were gone by the time I moved in.
Kage: Well, let’s be happy for Uncle Kenta because he’s living with his family now instead of being a helper.
Daia: Yes, he’s moved with Summer and their two sons into The Craftsman Retreat, a lovely three-bedroom home created by @Shewolf13 (Gallery).
Mauricio: I hear that they live just across the street from Erika’s Oasis Retirement Center!
Karina: Cool!  We’ll have to go visit everyone!

Remarks

By the way, I know there seemed to be lots of shirtless shots in this update.  :D 
I did try having Naoto wear a variety of tank tops, sleeveless shirts, and so on, but the tattoos look best when he's shirtless, imho.
Don't worry! Soon your eyes will become desensitiized to his shirtlessness and only notice the tattoos.
Naoto moves out as soon as he clears his career, though, so his tattoos will only be a temporary visual inconvenience.   :P

More important, this update is titled “Two Cakes, Three Moves,” but it only presents Mauricio and Morgan celebrating birthdays as well as Kenta and Morgan moving out.
A third move actually occurred this week, but we’ve run out of space to show you this time.
In the next update, you’ll learn about the reason for and identity of the third move as well as a possibly surprising event or two.

And again, you can find the link to the family tree below the first page's Chapter Links under a spoiler tag.  :)
Or, if you'd like to see it now, click here.
If the photos or careers don't show, go to the bottom of the screen to the "Show:" box and select "Show photos" or "Professions."

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Let Them Eat Cake! (May 28)
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2016, 07:04:26 PM »
Warning: Extreme silliness ensues. Proceed at your own risk!

Week 16/Day 106: Let Them Eat Cake! (May 28)

Day 106 (Sun)

Daia: Before we get to today’s happenings, I’d like to talk about something really important that happened on Friday.

After discovering that Morgan had packed up and moved out Friday afternoon, I consulted Kage about our next steps.
We agreed to invite over our co-worker, Bjorn Bjergsen, right away.
Kage and I work at the S.I.M.S. Agency with Bjorn Bjergsen so we know him quite well. Also, our families go way back!
When our founder Satoru first moved to that island off Windenberg, Bjorn and his wife Claire were part of the Welcome Wagon.
Anyway, we asked Bjorn if he’d allow his daughter to live with us. And he agreed!
This type of bait-and-switch invitation is no doubt considered “cheesing,” but I have to be honest and admit that I’m fine with it. I did it with Yuki Behr as well and may do it once more.
I am not scoring my challenge; I absolutely adore all the sims in the family (even Bathrobe Erika); and I’m am enjoying how the family grows and changes as much as—or dare I say, even more than—lifting the career locks.

Sofie: Nice to meet everyone! My name’s Sofie Bjergsen. I attend the same high school as Naoto and Mauricio.
I joined the Teen/Fast Food right after moving in, since that seems to be my reason for being here.

Naoto: Welcome to the family, Sofie!  Now, back to Sunday!
Hey, readers, I bet you’ve been waiting to hear the juicy gossip about Morgan, eh?
Mauricio: Seriously, Naoto?! I believe you heard that gossip from me!  Sheesh. I’ll tell the story, okay?

This morning, Siobhan gets a phone call from her hubby Sasuke, inviting her to his birthday party.
That’s weird! I have ageing disabled for townies, so why would Sasuke have a birthday party?

Mauricio: Anyway, Siobhan takes all of us along with her over to the Fyres for the birthday party.
That’s where I run into Morgan!
What happened to you, girl?  We’ve all been so worried about you!
Morgan: You know that Gavin and I became good friends while I was still a teen, right?
Well, I invited him over after my birthday on Friday.
One thing led to another and we ended up getting married and eloping.
When I realized I was pregnant, though, I felt too embarrassed to tell anyone, so I just left.
Of course, there’s no hiding it now.

Mauricio: Whooaaa!  Morgan,  you’ve only been gone a little over 24 hours!
Morgan: You wanna feel the baby, Mauricio?
She’s already second-trimester huge because she took a pregnancy test before leaving, I think.

Mauricio: All that happened while I was painting? So, you’re living back here now?
Morgan: After the baby is born, Gavin and I will decide where we’ll live together.
For now, though, it’ll be easier to have a child here, where my parents and Sasuke can help out.

Daia: I’m upstairs at the Fyres' listening to music, when I suddenly get a pop-up: “Sasuke: Happy birthday to me!”
When I run to the kitchen, Uncle Sasuke is celebrating his elder birthday all alone.

Oh my gosh, what was the point of having Sasuke move out before his elder birthday!?
I just checked my settings and they are “Auto Age (Played Sims): Active Household Only” and “Auto Age (Unplayed Sims: No.”
I might have changed my settings for a tournament challenge and not change them back immediately. Oh well.

Naoto: Hehe, sorry I missed Uncle Sasuke caking up, but have you seen the Fyres’ home gym?
We don’t have space for a weightlifting machine at our place, so I ask Kage to mentor me during the party.

Siobhan: After the party, Sasuke comes back to Newcrest with me to renew our marital vows.
I’m really eager to be done with this career so I can move back to my family home.
Not only do I miss Sasuke and our kids, I also miss sleeping in a real bed!

Karina: I maxed Mental tonight and want to work on Logic but my parents are at work and no one else can help me.
That’s when I saw Great-Uncle Sasuke here and asked him to mentor me!
Sasuke, Kenta, Erika, and Yuki all have maxed Logic and Fitness. Unless it’s late at night, I will never use a housemate to mentor these two skills again.
For fitness, we could always go befriend the three gym trainers (one at each gym), too.

Naoto: I’ve been chatting a little everyday with that cougar, Zoe Patel, who I met last Sunday at The Roomies.
It’s been a week and we’re friends now, so when I become a young adult on Thursday…
What are her stats, pet?
Naoto: I only know she’s clumsy, Watchette.

Let me go check the forum. Hmmm, she’s also a cheerful goofball. The forum says she's unemployed.
Naoto: Yeah, that's what she told me and Morgan last week, too...no job.
Let me check your relationship panel. Good grief, she works from 10am to 4pm as a Criminal/Boss, which makes her Level 6. Hmmmm, hmmm.
Nope, I think you should do it, Naoto. The skill requirement is Level 10 Mischief; Zoe is Level 1 but you’re already Level 8.
Plus, you’re close to maxing Charisma. In the last several levels with only 2-3 workdays a week, you’d get promoted more quickly than Zoe.
I mean, you could still date her, if you want, but we won’t be moving her in, okay?

Naoto: *sulks

Sorry about that, Naoto. I don’t feel like leveling Mischief for another sim. You’re the last!

Day 107 (Mon)

Daia: Karina is such a daddy’s girl. She even looks rather like him and shares some of his mannerisms.
By the way, Kage got promoted to Level 9 [Redacted] Sunday night and is wearing his new uniform in the third shot.
Anyway, I’m really hoping our son will resemble his father, rather than me. *crosses fingers
Oh darn! Now I wish that I’d thought to make all the portraits of the household members wearing their top-level career uniforms!

Kage needs to do mischievous interactions as the daily task for his last two levels.  *groans
Nope, Naoto. You are definitely the last one in the household to level up Mischief!

Kage: Daia’s been so busy telling you about what’s happening with the rest of the family that she neglects to share our news with you.
We’re both so excited!

Day 108 (Tue)

Daia: I phoned in fake sick today although I have 7 vacation days to spare.
I’m taking it easy and just hanging around the neighborhood since my baby is due today.
Who should I meet by the riverside but Auntie Erika! She’s looking happy and healthy!

Daia: Soon after the kids all come home from school, I go into labor.
Kage’s already back from work, but I decide to have the baby at home since Siobhan’s still at work.
We welcome this little boy into our home. His name is Go.

Daia: Kage is holding Go for the first time. He’ll only be a baby for two days!

Kage: You only see us at home but you've never seen the power couple at work.
At the S.I.M.S. Agency, Daia and I are actually the highest-ranking agents in the Diamond Agent and Villain Branches, respectively.

Yuki: When the whole gang came over to visit last night, I heard from my daughter Daia that Karina would be aging up tomorrow.
I can’t believe my little grandaughter will soon be a teenager!

Day 109 (Wed)

Daia: Was this really necessary, Kage?
When a father says he’s planned some entertainment for his daughter’s teen birthday, this isn’t what anyone usually expects.
Kage: Well, that’s strange. In my first job, the young ladies always seemed to really like..uh…erm…ehhh *clears throat
Yes, dear, you’re absolutely right, my darling Daia.

Mauricio: I can’t believe I let your dad talk me into this, Karina! Unlike your dad and Naoto, I’m only Level 1 Fitness!
And do you realize I even saw a girl from our high school tonight?
Naoto: Seriously, dude? What happened?
Mauricio: Uh, she wanted to exchange phone numbers…

Kage: *whispering  Anyhow, it’s your birthday, Karina. What did you think? Were you entertained?
Karina: Hahaha, oh Dad! I’m pretty sure I’ll be super popular at high school, with all the girls wanting to meet my “family.” *rolls eyes
Never fear, dear readers!  This is a special, one-time event for laughs; "The Dancers" will not make a reappearance.  ;)

Tremain the Trashcan: Oh look who’s coming our way! It’s the lovely Siobhan!
Gned the Gnome: Well, well, Siobhan, you are certainly looking fiiine tonight! What are you doing here?
Siobhan: I somehow ended up at the club tonight in my work outfit.
It was so embarrassing! We did a group dance for Karina on her birthday, but everyone except me wore party clothes!
Mel the Mailbox: So you’re going clubbing again tonight?
Siobhan: Oh no, it’s much too late for that! Watchette feels bad about my being in a suit at the party.
She likes this dress I was wearing at Sasuke’s birthday party and asked to take a shot of me in it.
So stunning!

Day 110 (Thu)

Kage: Go ages up to a child this afternoon. Like Karina, Go has my eyes.
In fact, people say he looks a lot like me. *swells with pride
Daia: Yeah, it makes me wonder what happened to my genes! *sulks
I’m also surprised, Daia, that your daughter doesn’t look more like you.
But I have to confess: I deeply hope that Go will continue to resemble Kage as he grows older!

Kariina: Since I’m going to become an Athlete/Bodybuilder, the household has started spending time at the gym or spa more.
Daia: Naoto, I think you should just use the treadmill from now on. You got really bulky from the weightlifting machine!
Siobhan, Sofie, Karina, and I all believe a slimmer build would suit you better. Like my Kage, he’s perfect!
Kage: *preens
Naoto: You four ladies have been talking about me? *blushes

Kage: You know, this place is called Perfect Balance Spa but none of the spas or gyms are perfectly balanced.
Perfect Balance Spa needs less massage space and more fitness machines, while none of the gyms have baths.
When I get fatigued, I’d like a muscle-relaxing bath so I can work out again before going home.
Also, I love the little kitchen area at the Harbor Gym!
Mauricio: Oh well, once you max your Villain career, all this won’t matter, will it?
Our house will be so fabulous that we’ll only need to leave it for socializing, fishing, harvesting, and clubbing!
Kage: Don't forget! We're waiting on Naoto to eliminate our payoffs to the mob! And we still can't buy quality stuff until Startup Entrepreneur unlocks.

Daia: By the way, congratulations on your young adult birthday, Naoto! Hurry up and get a job, slacker!
Naoto: Back off, big sis! You are talking to a Level 3 Ring Leader!

Siobhan: Did everyone hear that that Morgan had a little girl?
I checked my relationship panel today and her baby girl is a child now. Can we go visit my family?
Kage: Sure, just let me make sure that Sofie is optimally prepared for work from 5 pm!
She’s only got one more level left and might even finish on Saturday!
Sofie: Does that mean I can go home then?
You bet!

Mauriocio:  Hey look outside, over there! I’ve never seen that little girl in our neighborhood before.
Kage: Let me teleport over there and introduce myself.
Amanda: Hi! My name is Amanda Fyres. I live with my mother, grandparents, Uncle Sasuke, and cousins in Windenberg.
Ooooh, she’s got Morgan’s green eyes!

Day 111 (Fri)

Siobhan: Hey, Kage! Congratulations on your adult birthday today! Will you cake up?
Kage: Nah, I'm putting it off as long as possible but I have to age up before I leave for work today since my age bar's bubbling already.
Siobhan: Well, I hope Sasuke and Daia won’t mind me saying that you look as hot as ever!
Kage: The ageing process is just too depressing, to be honest. Please, no photos today, only autographs!
*whispers:  Hey, Watchette, you’ve saved a copy of the young adult me in your Library, right?

Siobhan: Daia, I'm so blue, girl! I'm becoming an adult really, really soon!
Daia: Oh that's nothing! All my kids are growing older! My husband just caked up to an adult this afternoon, but I'll be an elder in another week or so!
Siobhan: Awwww.  You know, I really don’t feel like having any pictures taken of me today, Daia.  Do you?
Daia: Agreed.  We’re ending this chapter right now, right here! No more photos!

Career Recap as of Friday morning

Daia (Gen3 heir): Level 10/10, Secret Agent/Diamond Agent
Kage (Gen3 spouse): Level 10/11, Secret Agent/Villain
Siobhan (Gen2 spare’s spouse): Level 9/10, Business/Investor
Sofie (visitor): Level 2/3, Teen/Fast Food
Naoto (Gen3 spare): Level 3/10, Criminal/Boss
Mauricio (teen)
Karina (teen)
Go (child)

It looks like Sofie and Siobhan will be moving back to their family homes soon.
And although this update is entitled “Let Them Eat Cake,” I ended up not showing any birthday cake scenes at all.
Nevertheless, five out of the eight household members celebrated a birthday this week, without counting Go's actual day of birth.

In the next update, several sims move out (again) and several sims move in to replace them (again). And the house!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Sanada Apocalypse Challenge: Let Them Eat Cake! (new May 28)
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2016, 05:07:04 AM »
I just want to start off with Wow! With Naoto's look it's no wonder Zoe and Clara are going gaga over him, lol. I want The Dancers to make a return, I loved that shot of them and the ladies looking so professional. Mitch is being so elusive, I bet he wants his appearance to be something special  ;) The close up shot of the Porch Crew and Kage (even if  it was meant to be focused on just him) is one of my favourites - don't worry Mel, you have plenty of time to take photos. Goodbye Kenta, hope we see him around town some time. It was lovely to see Erika enjoy herself (instead of being in front of a TV). Amanda is beautiful, she's got great genes from both parents as far as I can see. I may be a little biased but the power couple Daia and Kage are my favourite and their pose is so spot on ^-^ Sims are moving out and in again, I wonder who it will be next =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast