Author Topic: [BUG] My Sim's age keeps changing!!  (Read 7310 times)

Offline Izeee

• Nooboo
[BUG] My Sim's age keeps changing!!
« on: June 11, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »
 I have a problem with my sims age changing. My sim is an adult and a while ago she was pregnant and her aging bar was full and it was "shining" meaning that she would become an elder very soon. However, when I went to give a birth to the baby in the hospital,when she came back, it said that she will age up in 7 days ! And now that she got pregnant again, the age bar is full again ! I'm doing a 100 baby challenge so this is really annoying since I don't want to cheat or anything in it.

**Added June.14.2016**

This is a known bug.  If you find you have this bug, please go over to answer.ea.com using the link below and on the first post you should see a Me Too button under it. Click it to help show that others are having similar issues and hopefully that should help get it some attention.

[OPEN] Pregnant sims age bars bug when save/exit
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Pregnant-sims-age-bars-bug-when-save-exit/m-p/5390175#U5390175

Crinrict Wrote:
It's just a display issue. It will go back to normal once the baby is born.

-Dec.08.2016

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: My Sim's age keeps changing!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 07:53:40 PM »
Hi Izeee are you using and mods or cc in your game?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Izeee

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 07:54:47 PM »
Hi Izeee are you using and mods or cc in your game?

Yes I'm using some cc.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 08:03:09 PM »
Ok, well cc alone shouldn't be making this happen... but just in case it is: remove your mods folder and delete the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims4 folder.
Do a factory reset and then try your game again. If it is still happening, then at least you know all your cc is ok and you will have cleaned any minor glitches out of your game with the reset.
Remember not to save your game without the mods folder in or you will have to reapply all your cc to each sim!

Factory Reset

If this doesn't fix it, post back. Meanwhile I'm going to have a good look around to see if anyone else is posting anywhere about this issue.
There doesn't seem to be a bug report on this so I'm assuming it's a 'new' bug!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
My Sim's age keeps changing!!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 08:53:44 PM »
Actually since the patch the bubbling bar is actually the games way of showing that her age is completely paused during her pregnancy.  I had this happen and showed it on the weird photo thread.  As soon as the baby was born, my mother went back to the age she was when she got pregnant.  I think this is a working as intended and doesn't mean that your game is having problems at all.  It's been a known thing that mother's ages pause during the pregnancy and now the game shows that pause by doing plumbobs/bubbling now that they have changed the look of that ui section to show bigger icons for your traits.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 09:33:03 PM »
Actually since the patch the bubbling bar is actually the games way of showing that her age is completely paused during her pregnancy.  I had this happen and showed it on the weird photo thread.  As soon as the baby was born, my mother went back to the age she was when she got pregnant.  I think this is a working as intended and doesn't mean that your game is having problems at all.  It's been a known thing that mother's ages pause during the pregnancy and now the game shows that pause by doing plumbobs/bubbling now that they have changed the look of that ui section to show bigger icons for your traits.

This is a different scenario I think that Izeee's. Sims have always had their aged 'paused' when pregnant in TS4, probably due to the possibility of aging up while pregnant causing issues.

The current glitch with the aging bar has been acknowledged by gurus and they are looking into it apparently it is not supposed to be showing the aging pause etc like this.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 09:34:34 PM »
I just meant that all of my recent pregnancies but one have gotten a full bubbling bar during pregnancy since patch while their age is paused.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 09:36:06 PM »
Yep... I think I know what you mean. But from reading Izeee's post they said that the sim basically regened 7 days of age! That can't be right!

*edit: Or is that how the aging bar glitch presents? *confused now*!

@Izeee  what is your actual sims age when she is not pregnant? If your sim is gaining 7 days of age after every time she is pregnant, then that is a bug. But if your sims age just 'resets' back to what it was the day she became pregnant then your game is working as it should.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 09:38:45 PM »
Izeee was your mom 7 days to elder before she got pregnant or did her age actually change after birth?  Ignoring the bubbling bar. Was it the same like her age had been paused?

Playalot- that's how the paused bar presents.  Artemis still was 19 days until adult but her bar was full and bubbling.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 09:42:30 PM »
Izeee was your mom 7 days to elder before she got pregnant or did her age actually change after birth?  Ignoring the bubbling bar. Was it the same like her age had been paused?

Playalot- that's how the paused bar presents.  Artemis still was 19 days until adult but her bar was full and bubbling.

lol, we posted at the same time! I've got what you're saying now! *slow on the uptake today*  ::)

Offline Izeee

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »
Yep... I think I know what you mean. But from reading Izeee's post they said that the sim basically regened 7 days of age! That can't be right!

@Izeee  what is your actual sims age when she is not pregnant? If your sim is gaining 7 days of age after every time she is pregnant, then that is a bug. But if your sims age just 'resets' back to what it was the day she became pregnant then your game is working as it should.

Thanks for all the replies!

I really can't remember what her actual age is supposed to be, because I am doing the 100 baby challenge which means she is pregnant almost all the time. If she doesn't age at all while pregnant, that would make her never grow up since she is always pregnant. She aged up
normally form young adult to adult, even though she was pregnant...
If the fact that she doesn't age at all while pregnant is true, that would kinda ruin the challenge because then she would never age up to an elder ...

Offline Izeee

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 12:10:19 PM »

Thanks for all the replies!

I really can't remember what her actual age is supposed to be, because I am doing the 100 baby challenge which means she is pregnant almost all the time. If she doesn't age at all while pregnant, that would make her never grow up since she is always pregnant. She aged up
normally form young adult to adult, even though she was pregnant...
If the fact that she doesn't age at all while pregnant is true, that would kinda ruin the challenge because then she would never age up to an elder ...

And btw, I remember being about 10 days to elder and I have definitely played more than 3 sim days after that..

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 04:02:50 PM »
Sims definitely do not age while pregnant. It has been design like this and has been this way since launch, I think this was true even for The Sims 3.  :)

The Bug Report here might be helpful.

anything