Author Topic: The Flanagan Decadynasty--The Final Update (Please Graveyard)  (Read 45780 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Flanagan Decadynasty--A Founder Finds a Bride
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 08:43:45 AM »
Yay, Susie! For a skinny girl she's got some inner strength to carry Quinn. Or he's just light as a feather. The Sim ladies aren't the only ones appreciating the view of Quinn 8)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 06:37:46 PM »
Congratulations to Quinn and Susie!
As the only blonde among all the redheads, the cards were stacked against you, Susie, but you pulled through.

Quinn seems like such an eccentric sim--a perfect vehicle for Pippin's keen wit!

Yeah, we all know how much Quinn's watcher wanted redhead heirs, but Quinn and Susie definitely wanted to be together. 
Agreed, he's a good fit for my goofiness  :=)

Yay, Susie! For a skinny girl she's got some inner strength to carry Quinn. Or he's just light as a feather. The Sim ladies aren't the only ones appreciating the view of Quinn 8)
Quinn actually popped the wish to leap into her arms.  I thought it was delightfully outrageous and figured it was the ideal shot to end the update.  Glad you enjoyed it  :=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 09:51:55 PM »
Congratulations to Susie on winning the 'Become my Bride' challenge. Wishing Quinn and Susie a great happy and romantic married life. Looking forward for their marriage and the nooboos.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 10:40:24 PM »
Oh Quinn. He's just... something else.
I love Susie Sackholme! Her nose is a little small, I've noticed, but I still love her genetics all the same. =D
I had to say, this was my favorite line:
Pippin:  I don't think that's how eye contact works, Quinn.
Quinn:  ...sorry, what?  I was distracted.
I'm just so happy Quinn's getting some love. ;D

PS. I love Quinn in all of his outfits. XD

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 12:07:57 PM »
Yay, I love Susie! She's a werewolf in my game... makes her slightly less attractive, but she's still awesome. :D Quinn is hilarious, can't wait to see more!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 12:18:09 PM »
Congratulations to Susie on winning the 'Become my Bride' challenge. Wishing Quinn and Susie a great happy and romantic married life. Looking forward for their marriage and the nooboos.
Quinn and Susie are adorable together!  I-game, the heir is already a teen and a very nice-looking Sim.  I'll have more updates pulled together before long so we can start moving towards the heir's debut (and yes, I was being careful to avoid giving away the gender).
Oh Quinn. He's just... something else.
I love Susie Sackholme! Her nose is a little small, I've noticed, but I still love her genetics all the same. =D
I had to say, this was my favorite line:
Pippin:  I don't think that's how eye contact works, Quinn.
Quinn:  ...sorry, what?  I was distracted.
I'm just so happy Quinn's getting some love. ;D

PS. I love Quinn in all of his outfits. XD
Quinn has proven to be a rather nifty founder!  Thanks for the suggestion, or I likely would have just breezed right past him and started with Bradan or the Kellys.
And yes, Quinn, seemed not to want to look Susie in the eye so much as the...chest area...

Yay, I love Susie! She's a werewolf in my game... makes her slightly less attractive, but she's still awesome. :D Quinn is hilarious, can't wait to see more!
Glad you're enjoying it and welcome to the forum!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Flanagan Decadynasty--Marriage and Heirage
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 01:09:21 PM »

Susie Sackholme, a pale beauty with charm and enough strength to carry a full-grown Quinn.
Excuse me, I'm trying to propose over here!

Quinn:  So, Susie, will you make me the happiest man in this room?
Susie:  OWww!  My eyes!!  That ring's so bright!
Quinn:  Is that a yes?
Susie:  An emphatic one!
Quinn:  Let's have a wedding party and invite over all the girls who didn't win!
Susie:  Isn't that basically rubbing the loss in their faces?
Quinn:  Yes!  No?  I'm not sure...I didn't study for this quiz.
Pippin:  And a party did, indeed, happen.

Susie:  Thanks for being good sports and coming to our wedding party!
Aislin:  He should have been mine!
Emma:  Aislin's the worst!
Pippin:  This was the best idea ever!

Pippin:  Of course the wedding will take place in the theater room with the action channel playing.  Why wouldn't it?
Quinn:  Everyone gather around!  Lots of important marriage stuff happening here!

Quinn:  I, Quinn Flanagan, being of sound mind and body, leave all my worldly goods...
Susie:  Sweetie?  That's your will. 
Quinn:  Is it?
Susie:  Yes.  I think the vows were in your other pocket.
Quinn:  So they are!
Pippin:  Thankfully, Susie is there to take care of Quinn...and Emma is still thinking of Teagan?
Emma:  (thinking)  She will be mine!
Teagan:  (thinking)  I will dominate this world!

Quinn:  Time to be frisky!
Susie:  But dear!  There are still guests here!
Quinn:  They can entertain themselves.
Pippin:  And indeed they would have to.

Pippin:  Trying for baby?  I think yes!

Quinn:  You know, sometimes a try for baby doesn't work, so maybe we should...
Susie:  How about in the shower?
Quinn:  I love you!
Susie:  I know.
Pippin:  That's sweet, but there was no reason to worry.

Susie:  Ugh!  So nauseous!
Pippin:  Unknown causes.  And yet we all know what that means.

Quinn:  So, umm, Teagan, the party ended already.  You should really go home now.
Teagan:  But I have this great plan to take over the world! 
Quinn:  I'm really not interested.
Teagan:  It involves you writing my autobiography.
Quinn:  How much will I be paid for this?

Pippin:  Helping Teagan take over the world?
Quinn:  Hey, diapers are expensive!

Susie:  Sweetie?  I think the shower did the trick.
Quinn:  What shower now?

Quinn:  Hmmm, something's different about you.  Did you used to have a moustache?
Susie:  Nice. 
Quinn:  Kidding, of course.  It was a beard, right?
Susie:  Stop it!  You know I'm pregnant!
Quinn:  What?  Pregnant?  How did this happen.
Susie:  You know exactly how it happened.
Quinn:  No, I think you may need to walk me through it all again.  I'm older than you, you know.  Very forgetful these days.
Susie:  hehehehehe
Pippin:  And our happy couple got to celebrate by being invited to a party at the MacAnna household.

Papa Delaney:  ...and that's why you weren't good enough for my daughter!
Quinn:  I don't particularly care for this fellow.
Aislin:  (thinking)  He should have been mine!

Susie:  It's okay, sweetie.  I'll comfort you.
Quinn:  Well, that's nice, but I could use more comforting...

Pippin:  Well, Shannon MacAnna was one of our potential brides, and therefore one could say she wanted you in her bed, but I don't think this is what she meant...
Susie:  Hush now, Pippin.  Just let it happen.
Pippin:  And speaking of things happening...

Susie:  AGH!!  Baby!!
Quinn:  Yes, darling?
Susie:  No.  Baby!

Quinn:  Oh...I...that is...Pippin?
Pippin:  Just keep freaking out, Quinn.  I'm pretty sure that helps.
Susie:  Yes, just keep telling yourself that.
Pippin:  But a short time later...
Susie:  "Short time" says the one who wasn't in labor!

Pippin:  Susie gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Lidell.  Were you hoping for a girl, Quinn?
Quinn:  I really didn't care about the gender just as long as it was happy, healthy, and a girl.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: The Flanagan Decadynasty--Marriage and Heirage
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2016, 01:21:18 PM »
I love how Quinn's personality is relatively the same across stories here. It absolutely cracks me up that I'm not the only one to pick up that vibe from Quinn. Oh man, I swear I die laughing every time I read a chapter from you, Pip.

Quinn has always been my go-to for challenges involving townies. He's just so good at picking up skills.
I cannot wait to see how his little girl looks older! He has very gorgeous girl children. Ara turned out pretty good, at least. =)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 01:34:40 PM »
Pippin, you are so devious! I'm just glad I'd already finished my coffee.
Pippin:  Well, Shannon MacAnna was one of our potential brides, and therefore one could say she wanted you in her bed, but I don't think this is what she meant...

I don't know how the rainbow slider works, but does baby girl appear to be a very pale green? Or, is that just the room's lighting or have I become color blind?
That was some pretty quick work, Susie and Quinn.  Congratulations!  You, too, Grandpa Pippin.

Offline peachjam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 02:08:43 PM »
Eeee, look at that precious nooboo! She looks bluish-green to me-- lucky you! I can't wait to see her as a toddler!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 02:25:39 PM »

I don't know how the rainbow slider works, but does baby girl appear to be a very pale green? Or, is that just the room's lighting or have I become color blind?
That was some pretty quick work, Susie and Quinn.  Congratulations!  You, too, Grandpa Pippin.
@oshizu
Not Pip, but the way things work with the Sims 3 genetics is the game will pick which skintone to sit on, but will pick which area on the slider it sits on separately!
So, here's a good example. Quinn is on the solid purple slider (it only gets darker purple, I believe) and Susie is on the Rainbow Slider (which has many colors up and down it).
Quinn sits at the very light end of the purple slider (all the way to the left) and Susie sits to the middle of her Rainbow slider, I believe.
So the game selected Susie's skin color (the rainbow skin) and Quinn's placement on the rainbow slider - which makes her that different color. =) Hopefully that helps explain it a little better!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 02:38:09 PM »
@LivvieLove
Thanks for that very detailed yet understandable (even to me) explanation. Wow, very scientific.  Thanks again!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 03:01:20 PM »

Oh, why am I reminded of Leia and Han?  :P Is Lidell a reference to Alice or chosen randomly? Aislin cracks me up!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 04:19:06 PM »
I love how Quinn's personality is relatively the same across stories here. It absolutely cracks me up that I'm not the only one to pick up that vibe from Quinn. Oh man, I swear I die laughing every time I read a chapter from you, Pip.

Quinn has always been my go-to for challenges involving townies. He's just so good at picking up skills.
I cannot wait to see how his little girl looks older! He has very gorgeous girl children. Ara turned out pretty good, at least. =)
Yeah, he has his own personality.  I can't seem to picture him any other way.

She's a bluish green.  Pale teal, maybe?
I enjoyed the irony that he did end up in Shannon's bed, just not with Shannon.

Eeee, look at that precious nooboo! She looks bluish-green to me-- lucky you! I can't wait to see her as a toddler!
She is a beauty!

@oshizu
Not Pip, but the way things work with the Sims 3 genetics is the game will pick which skintone to sit on, but will pick which area on the slider it sits on separately!
So, here's a good example. Quinn is on the solid purple slider (it only gets darker purple, I believe) and Susie is on the Rainbow Slider (which has many colors up and down it).
Quinn sits at the very light end of the purple slider (all the way to the left) and Susie sits to the middle of her Rainbow slider, I believe.
So the game selected Susie's skin color (the rainbow skin) and Quinn's placement on the rainbow slider - which makes her that different color. =) Hopefully that helps explain it a little better!
@LivvieLove
Thanks for that very detailed yet understandable (even to me) explanation. Wow, very scientific.  Thanks again!
Yes, thanks for explaining that.  I would have muttered something about colors being drawn out of a hat, but sounded really confident while I said it.

Oh, why am I reminded of Leia and Han?  :P Is Lidell a reference to Alice or chosen randomly? Aislin cracks me up!
Yes!!  Yes to both references being accurately interpreted!  I feel so understood!
Aislin begins thinking of Quinn any time he's near since he married Susie.  During the parties and whatnot, she just gave him attention in passing.  Crazy Sims!  Oh wait, I think that one actually is insane...

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 06:33:29 PM »
Congrats to Susie for the win and for taking good care of Quinn (and good luck too). Also, congratulations for the nooboo, it was so obvious that Quinn didn't care about the gender  ::)

I love the way you are building their relationship.

anything