Author Topic: [BUG] Host won't seat customers  (Read 46626 times)

Offline Beckylou90

• Nooboo
[BUG] Host won't seat customers
« on: June 12, 2016, 05:54:42 PM »
I'm having an issue with my host. On the first day I opened she sat customers and everything ran smoothly.
on her second shift she just stood by the podium and didn't seat a single customer. She did this again for her next shift. I've sent her on training and given lots of praise. I've also criticized her but she still won't seat customers!!!
I have mods disabled - any ideas what's going on

**Added June.12.2016**

This is a known bug.  If you find you have this bug, please go over to answer.ea.com using the link below and on the first post you should see a Me Too button under it. Click it to help show that others are having similar issues and hopefully that should help get it some attention.

Re: Dine Out - Host Bug
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/MORE-INFO-NEEDED-DO-Guest-are-never-seated-stand-around-podium/m-p/5388243#U5388243

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
Re: Host won't seat customers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 06:07:28 PM »
I have the same problem. I'm just going to put them through training and hopefully that will fix it. Wish you could seat then yourself.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beckylou90

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 06:09:27 PM »
I have sent mine on training and it still doesn't work. I know it can't be my seating set up - which i've seen suggested on other posts - because she sat them on day 1 and now seems to have forgotten how to do this! I wish we could seat them too. We can't seem to do much if the hired staff aren't doing their jobs, unlike get to work where we could step in and help if they weren't working.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 07:45:08 PM »
This is a reported bug.

EA Bug Report

It can be caused by using MOO or the alt key when placing the Host Station. There doesn't seem to be a reliable 'fix' just yet but removing all cc and mods is a good first step. I'd then do a factory reset and see if that fixes it.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »
No cc no mods here and using the restaurant that came with the game pack. Host seats first person. Sometimes two, then just stands at the podium contemplating what he's going to do after work I guess. Maybe a party?  Maybe working out?  Maybe deciding if he's going to perform better tomorrow? Who knows.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 02:12:13 AM »
Yes, it's frustrating when the bug is outside of your control. Hopefully we get a proper fix soon.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 04:03:39 PM »
I'm imagining this bug is very consistent for those who suffer it but wonder if criticize does anything in those moments to get them back on track. Either by design or just as a function to reset the AI toward actually working.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Host won't seat customers
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 05:42:31 PM »
Here's a little game tip that might help in the meantime... If you open your sims restaurant from the lot they are currently on when they arrive at the restaurant lot all the customers are seated.  :)

Also it is really important that the podium is clicked to grid in build mode and was not placed using MOO or by holding the alt key down. Having the podium facing a wall can also cause issues.

anything