Author Topic: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - Yes, Ma'am!  (Read 18505 times)

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - No More Hiatus!
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2016, 04:01:16 PM »
Quick Update - No More Hiatus
As you've all probably guessed by the title of this, I finished my mocks on Friday evening! Yay!
The next chapter will probably be out sometime this week. I had hoped and intended to have it out today, but unfortunately my friends and family seem to think I should spend time with them, and for some strange reason will not accept 'I need to play sims' as an excuse. Yes, I clearly need to get better friends, and a better family.
The next chapter will be different to all the rest so far, because it won't be gameplay, but me trying something new - I'll tell the history of Dragon Valley. Has anyone tried creating wars without having any mods to pose players? All the sims (except one... *builds tensions*) will be genetically Valley sims - this involves saving every sim to the bin and a lot of playing with genetics, which is why it's taking so long... I'm not quite sure why I'm doing it, but at least you guys can be on the lookout for hair/eye colours and features you recognise.
So, I'll go now and find Deidre, let's hope she's not in a massive strop about delaying this!
Until some time in the future!
Niënor

Truth be told, I also am biased against the "Americanised" spellings of apologise and realise. Unfortunately, my blasted spell-check is biased against the "British" spellings of those same words. So, sometimes, I just start clicking away at the spelling "errors" and end up with the former as opposed to the latter. It is like the grey/gray conundrum...

Thanks for volunteering to read my legacy (its only about 4 or so chapters long at this point). I played ahead in game before I started writing it, only to find that, with my choice of using a heir vote, I would get to a spot where I just couldn't play ahead without knowing who the heir was going to be (the eldest had Serial Romantic as her Aspiration and it would have made for interesting stories if she is chosen)

With the above in mind, I shudder to think what chaos Deirdre and Karda (my Founder) could get up to if they joined forces •brain explodes•
Oh my! Karda and Deidre together. What would they do? Well probably take down your spell check by being ... them, and forget lots of their children's names. I'm loving your legacy/Karda so far - although sorry for missing the heir vote!
Nienor

I feel obliged to inform you, despite not wishing to offend a loyal follower, that the spelling is certainly grey. Anyone who writes 'gray' simply cannot spell.
The person who clearly knows everything about spelling.

Best of luck with your exams, Nienor. I apologize if I'm proving to be any distraction... ::)
I'll patiently await the grand return of Deidre and co.!
Well, you were possibly a little, tiny bit of distraction, but the PMs were quite literally the highlight of my day during the hols (otherwise my life was just revision in my room) and I even managed to refrain from reading all the Reaper chapters. Although I clearly didn't manage as well with Factions...

I just got caught up with this.  Loving the haughty attitude you've got for Deirdre!  Of course, it's all the more glorious as it contrasts with Hal's "just one of the guys" disposition. 
Can't wait to read more  :=)  Of course, that would have been directed at Nienor...

Dear Lady Deirdre,
It is my esteemed honor to be amongst those fortunate to read of your daring deeds in revitalizing the elven populace despite obstacles as numerous as a half-wit husband and children unfortunately subjected to his inadequate gene pool and barely passable toddler training.  It is my fondest wish for you to find even more and greater success as you endeavor forward with your noble efforts, and perhaps, manage to find the much-needed time finding comfort with Yuri who is clearly more capable of appreciating your grandness.
Sincerest regards,
    Pippin

I rejoice that there is finally someone who actually understands how arduous and extensive my life has been so far, even though I but barely mention the fact. Yes, I am very noble, and for this very reason I have decided to distance myself from Yuri, for he is so clearly not worthy of my inspirational self, as he will not even leave his wife, so that he can meet me whenever I require.
I have been following your own efforts, dear Peregrine, and despite initial reservations upon finding you shared a name from the same fantasy world as Niënor, your repeated attempts at repopulating the elven race in other towns (and in a strange version of my own Valley?) have been... admirable, although I myself am very glad that I decided to manage my own life, rather than enlist you, for you seem to be cursed with some ill chance. Mayhap you aggrieved that MacAnna witch in some way, by not choosing her as a spouse for Quinn?
Your noble and long-suffering Lady,
Deidre McMillan   
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2016, 06:14:02 PM »
Yes! You're back! Yay!
Looking forward to the next update!
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2016, 11:56:03 PM »
The pose-player is honestly a breeze to use! I use it all the time in all of my stories (clearly) and you can find several poses for it. =)
Feel free to hit me up with PM if you want some help with working with it, but that's my only suggestion for the war you mentioned.

I'm excited for this impending update! I find storytelling chapters addicting when I write them (hence why it's the only way I write now).

Good luck with it!

Also, Factions is the short story meant for quick reads. ::)
(Well, for now, gods help me should the story progress any further and require longer updates XD).

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2016, 10:36:04 PM »
Glad you are back. Looking forward for the update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - Yes Ma'am
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2016, 05:43:27 AM »
Yes Ma'am

I am troubled to say that this won't be the expected, detailed and historical update, due to Niënor's incompetence and lack of creativity, however I decided to save the day and create an update of my very own, so that my deprived followers do not have to go without me for another week. Certainly, you will even prefer this update to the planned one, as I was solely created by myself, and I myself am the main focus of it, whereas I am sadly lacking in the upcoming chapter, and this is, of course, a most tragic event
'Mam - mae rhodd gyda fi!'

My darling, and only useful child, Thomas, had remembered that Hal had never collected the presents from our wedding, and had taken them out of the postbox to give to me. So far, all I can detect is myself in him, he's musical and now knows his self-worth, and if he can be a tad clumsy occasionally, it must only be because he is growing. Of course, I never let Hal near him, in case his very presence corrupts him and ruins the future of my perfect race.
'Michael, aren't you supposed to be the genius? Why didn't the genius think of something so obvious as wedding presents? What have you ever done to support our family?
I can hear him conversing with Michael in the corner of my ear. Thomas is already fluent in both Simlish and Dyffrynaeg, although of course he does not carry the slurring accent of these parts.
He is clearly kind too, taking pity on Michael, so much like Hal - I believe they may even be friends, as I can always hear Thomas addressing Michael, no doubt teaching him the wonders that his Riverview brain has never though of.

A sharp, blaring hoot bursts into the house - though I was clearly not startled - signalling Thomas' and Adrian's first day at school. He leaves together with Michael, ever the loyal brother, and I wave them goodbye, knowing that this is the first day of his rise to excellence.
'Where's everyone else, genius? Don't you have any friends?

However, I quickly left the house once Hal - late as always had gone. I finally had no children to care for, so could devote my time into something more worthwhile. I was the only one there in the pavilion, the inhabitants in this village were obviously so limited that they did not realise the need for self-improvement. I spent the day staring at the chess board in front of me, skilfully defeating the hardest opponent in Riverview (myself, of course) every time. By the end of the day, I had progressed to level 5 in logic, enough so that I could tutor Thomas in it, so that he can quickly advance in his studies and become a superior person, like myself.

I then traversed the town, reaching the school to put part of my master plan into action. I signed Thomas and Adrian up for fishing, to improve themselves, naturally; I also signed the adolescents up for music and art club. They would meet and befriend other members of their year there, which would lead to them partnering, moving out as soon as they become adults, and having children that carry some of my perfect genetics. And all of this will be due to me. 

Michael and Teague chose their future spouses, and according to my instruction, spent the following day trying to woo them. Teague was of course, unsuccessful. He spent the day sitting at home and calling Ari Moore, however she was either busy the whole time, or more discerning than I have ever given anyone in Riverview credit for. Teague is just so... insignificant.

She did eventually turn up that night, but not in the form he had expected her to...

Michael perhaps had a bit more luck - he at least persuaded his lady love to meet him. (See - even Eleanor looks shocked! Teague is of course, being rejected again in the background.)

On arriving, well, perhaps his dialogue will tell it for you. I had heard him preparing a... not exactly lackluster speech for wooing the girl, along the lines of 'Oh, most beauteous Lydia, your teeth and hair shine like the pearls you are named after, and you are truly the only girl I could ever wish for. I will die if you do not kiss me...'
Despite this hilarious training, he found himself silent upon meeting her. His words could not leave his lips.

Why? Because she had aged up into an adult the night before. He, with all the planning abilities of his father, had not asked her her age when they had befriended each other at art club. Neither had he learnt any art, so I have completely no idea what he occupied his time with whilst there.

There was an awkward silence, until they finally broke into some small talk.
'I'm only here because my Mam wants me to find a wife so I can move out as soon as possible.'
'Well, at least you plan to marry me. That more than most since Story Progression was added.'
'What's Story Progression?'
'Oh never mind...'
'Anyway, that's my Mam over there - on that bench.'

'She followed me here to make sure that I didn't mess up like Teague.'
'Wow. She sounds like a big control-freak.'
'Yeah, I sometimes call her Ma'am instead of Mam, because she's like some army sergeant!'
'Michael! Rydym mynd! We're going!'
'Yes, ma'am!'

If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Deidre McMillan (DV maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty - Yes, Ma'am!
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2016, 12:39:18 PM »
Yes! The lovely return of the McMillans! I'm so excited!

Don't stress yourself over the historical chapter, I'm sure it'll be great!

Also, it amuses me to see the matchmaking progress going... Story Progression is one fun mod... but boy does it mess with plans/future plans sometimes!
"Yes, Ma'am" indeed...

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2016, 01:16:38 PM »
Yay! A new update! Great as always, Nienor. (don't tell Deidre I'm crediting you for the update! I don't want her on my tail!) Don't worry about the history. I have one of those too which I would post if it wasn't extremely boring for the Zangies. (That's my nickname for them, hehe.) I love the pic of Michael, Teague and Eleanor (where Teague is getting rejected). So funny!
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2016, 07:53:46 AM »
My dearest Deirde,
It brings joy to me heart to see that dear Thomas manages to embody your perfection.  As for the others, well, we can simply hope that the perfection of the elven genes is strong enough to override the drab, unsophisticated Riverview genetic sequence. 
I commend your self-sacrificing nature in accompanying the poor, lumbering fool that is Michael on his date.  As we both know, if he has the social refinement of Hal, he will surely never stand a chance of properly wooing a lady.
May your efforts continue to be full of glorious rewards (like Thomas) even in the face of great challenges (like Hal and Michael).

Ever your friend and supporter,
    Pippin

Offline Nienor

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2016, 08:18:01 AM »
Yes! The lovely return of the McMillans! I'm so excited!

Don't stress yourself over the historical chapter, I'm sure it'll be great!

Also, it amuses me to see the matchmaking progress going... Story Progression is one fun mod... but boy does it mess with plans/future plans sometimes!
"Yes, Ma'am" indeed...
Thanks LivvieLove! The matchmaking has been interesting to say the least, wait until you see how Eleanor gets on! Despite setbacks, I love story progression, and can't imagine how I used to play without it! Urrgh, the historical chapter! I'm just so much of a perfectionist that it's taking ages... at least its the hols now though, so I have time to make it decent. How on Earth do you manage to do it?
Niënor

Well, mine and Thomas' returns were certainly lovely, however I an unsure why you bestowed this compliment to the whole of the McMillan clan?
I myself could positively never be stressed, this is entirely Niënor's fault weakness. Despite this, the poster chapter was definitely a way of giving my devoted readers a chance to become reaquainted with myself again, after all, you must have been pining for me after that long hiatus resulting from Niënor's persistence in valuing her exams above myself! So, with my usual grace a kindness, I bestowed upon you a chapter focused on myself, to avoid any adverse side-effects which would obviously result from my prolonged absence, thus delaying the historical chapter by a week.
Your use of the words 'StoryProgression' and 'mod' is unclear, and through no fault of my own it is impossible for anyone to comprehend its meaning. Perhaps you ought to revise your spelling?
Deidre     

Yay! A new update! Great as always, Nienor. (don't tell Deidre I'm crediting you for the update! I don't want her on my tail!) Don't worry about the history. I have one of those too which I would post if it wasn't extremely boring for the Zangies. (That's my nickname for them, hehe.) I love the pic of Michael, Teague and Eleanor (where Teague is getting rejected). So funny!
Don't worry - I keep it a secret  :D I really don't want to force anyone else into an apology! That's my favourite picture from that update too! 'Zangies' :P - I love it, such a cute name.
Niënor

My dearest Deirde,
It brings joy to me heart to see that dear Thomas manages to embody your perfection.  As for the others, well, we can simply hope that the perfection of the elven genes is strong enough to override the drab, unsophisticated Riverview genetic sequence. 
I commend your self-sacrificing nature in accompanying the poor, lumbering fool that is Michael on his date.  As we both know, if he has the social refinement of Hal, he will surely never stand a chance of properly wooing a lady.
May your efforts continue to be full of glorious rewards (like Thomas) even in the face of great challenges (like Hal and Michael).

Ever your friend and supporter,
    Pippin
I am grateful for your comments my most worthy friend and supporter. You clearly understand the suffering I have to go through at the hands of the majority of my 'family'. After the events mentioned, Michael did seem to have a slight adverse reaction to me following him to the date, however my confidence is supported by your definite assurance that he was the one in the wrong. It is clear to me now, that despite all the problems and complications involved with residing in Riverview, I was right, as always, in choosing it as my future home, for it clearly needs the desperate help that only my genetics and conscientious advice can bring.
Your devoted liege,
Deidre   

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2016, 12:16:46 AM »
Thanks LivvieLove! The matchmaking has been interesting to say the least, wait until you see how Eleanor gets on! Despite setbacks, I love story progression, and can't imagine how I used to play without it! Urrgh, the historical chapter! I'm just so much of a perfectionist that it's taking ages... at least its the hols now though, so I have time to make it decent. How on Earth do you manage to do it?
Niënor

Well, mine and Thomas' returns were certainly lovely, however I an unsure why you bestowed this compliment to the whole of the McMillan clan?
I myself could positively never be stressed, this is entirely Niënor's fault weakness. Despite this, the poster chapter was definitely a way of giving my devoted readers a chance to become reaquainted with myself again, after all, you must have been pining for me after that long hiatus resulting from Niënor's persistence in valuing her exams above myself! So, with my usual grace a kindness, I bestowed upon you a chapter focused on myself, to avoid any adverse side-effects which would obviously result from my prolonged absence, thus delaying the historical chapter by a week.
Your use of the words 'StoryProgression' and 'mod' is unclear, and through no fault of my own it is impossible for anyone to comprehend its meaning. Perhaps you ought to revise your spelling?
Deidre     
You know, @Nienor, some people do this really silly thing called sleep. I've stopped doing that ultimately and I GET MORE TIME FOR CHAPTERS.
(Stares intensely at Blender)
I'm supposed to be making poses for SotN right now. It's the holidays though for me too, so hopefully I get productive things done. Though my Reapers chapter ate me alive trying to edit it (I think it came out to be 180 total screenshots for that beasty you read (nods). Yeah, something like that.

Oh lovely Deirdre, well all know who the real McMillans are. I absolutely was pining after you, mi'lady. Missed you every single day you were gone, of course.

anything