Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132065 times)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: Shame on You! (new 8/16)
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2016, 05:59:12 PM »
I laughed-out-loud when Isabelle was voted "off the island".  Very funny!

Congrats on your death by embarrassment. 

I have a feeling that death by electrocution may be the hardest.  Maybe collect a bunch of broken electronic items and form an "Extreme Shock" club where the only activity is to fix things.  Put the items near some water and hope for someone to take the bait.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2016, 06:12:59 PM »
I laughed-out-loud when Isabelle was voted "off the island".  Very funny!

Congrats on your death by embarrassment. 

I have a feeling that death by electrocution may be the hardest.  Maybe collect a bunch of broken electronic items and form an "Extreme Shock" club where the only activity is to fix things.  Put the items near some water and hope for someone to take the bait.

I've been reading about "Death by electrocution" on different forums. Apparently, the sim needs to be frizzled then do a second repair in Dazed mood; "doing repairs while standing in water" worked for TS3 but not TS4.
When I do work on the last 3 deaths, I'll be using controllable sims. It's so much easier and quicker, even.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2016, 07:05:47 PM »
Watchette, you have become an in house Grim Reaper!  Beware Sims.  Avoid the Mori household!  lol  I love your wedding room.  Colors are lovely and it is set up so well.  Sigh, I, unfortunately am not allowed to buy all that cuteness.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2016, 07:29:39 PM »
Watchette, you have become an in house Grim Reaper!  Beware Sims.  Avoid the Mori household!  lol  I love your wedding room.  Colors are lovely and it is set up so well.  Sigh, I, unfortunately am not allowed to buy all that cuteness.

@Joria
Lol at your in-house Grim Reaper comment. Just now, as I was sipping coffee, I had a small twinge of regret that I've "used up" so many of my death points.
What if there's a future sim that I truly can't stand? I can't use "legacy scoring" as an excuse to eliminate that sim! Actually, I can just move the sim out, I remembered.

I'm so flattered that you like the wedding room. Those sofas, tables, and chairs are all from Backyard SP--I'd never used them before but they're so pretty!
If you have the stuff pack, don't you have the chance of getting them through transformation?

Also a question but not a poll: What would you do if you were me?  A third child or move in Lyric for Nio?  I'm leaning toward moving in Lyric...

By the way, when I uploaded the room, the columns (each 1x1 walls) stayed on my lot. Did I need to put a roof over the foundation?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2016, 07:51:36 PM »
Bye Isabelle! We won't miss you hogging everything and accomplishing nothing!
I have to say I love the Mori's. They're so exciting with all the death and accomplishments.
I really loved that Nami was really uninterested in talking about that failure Guillermo. Honestly, Majnun votes that you bring him back and try again. XD Ah, the life of challenges. Sora is gorgeous though, I can't wait to see his teen looks! ;D

Anyways, do you have a favorite yet between Sora and Nao? I mean, Nao is still a baby and I'll love him either way (with parents like his), yet I'm curious to see if the boys will be good to you (and not give you another Isabelle/Arisa). ::)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2016, 08:13:36 PM »
@LivvieLove
Haha, "that failure Guillermo" was so my ignorance. I keep the household home for days waiting for Guillermo to starve, yet every time I changed a sim's outfit in CAS I was resetting Guillermo's needs. Doh. Lol at Majnun's vote.

Nao just aged up in my game and he's even cuter than Sora, but of course we won't know for sure until they're teenagers.
As for Isabelle/Arisa, Isabelle was cursed with a bad aspiration--Master Chef requires Level 8 in the culinary career but she wasn't making progress at work. In contrast, Frank has a really easy aspiration so he was earning points, buying reward traits, and being generally useful. Arisa is always moping--whenever I hear a sim making those wah wah wah sounds, I know it's her.
It's odd--her twin Nami just does what she does and takes care of business. Arisa is always moaning, making unhappy faces, and dropping her queue. One of the reasons she's doing poorly at work is that she often drops her work-related daily requirement and by the time I notice it's too late. Like Isabelle, she started her job at Level 4 and she's still Level 5. Grrrr
I guess there's always a problem of fit between what the sims want to do and what I want them to be doing...

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2016, 09:22:40 PM »
Being an incurable romantic, I'd move in Lyric.  Were the columns on the foundation?  I have never saved a room, (bad, builder! bad!), so don't know if a roof is needed.  Yes, it's possible I could get ANYTHING, including items you can't get without using buydebug.  It would be nice.  My yard needs furniture!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2016, 10:24:30 PM »
@oshizu, the romantic in my heart tells me Arisa needs a bo. Get her someone to make her happy and see if that improves life for her!
Majnun votes kill her too. This is why I run my legacy and not him.
Just kidding, we all know who's driving that bus.
Guillermo is still a failure. He will forever wear the title. "Failure Guillermo."

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2016, 11:19:23 PM »
Being an incurable romantic, I'd move in Lyric.  Were the columns on the foundation?  I have never saved a room, (bad, builder! bad!), so don't know if a roof is needed.  Yes, it's possible I could get ANYTHING, including items you can't get without using buydebug.  It would be nice.  My yard needs furniture!

About Lyric, you'll find out in the next update.
About the columns, first I placed the rectangle foundation and divided it into the three areas using floor coverings. Then I placed the columns to hold lighting fixtures.
But when I uploaded the room to Library then deleted it from my lot, only the columns remained, lol. I guess it's because I used the foundation instead of making a room then deleting the walls. And I wouldn't have minded adding a roof, but I hate how we can't color the ceilings, lol.

@LivvieLove
Ah yes, a love interest for Arisa--I do believe we've killed off two prospects already, hehe. But maybe one of the premade sims--she could even move out and reign over a vast residence elsewhere, far away. Lol, Majnun needs to watch some Oxygen TV.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2016, 12:47:11 AM »
Oh, dear. Poor Isabelle! Nice of her to finish herself off with the bladder failure, though. :p
Am I crazy, or does Lyric already have twins by Nio? Can she enter the household without them? The idea kind of bums me out, so as much as I like her I think I vote more Nami and Zack babies.
Good luck with your last few deaths! I think you're right that they are the toughest ones. EA really made it tough to off your sims in this game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2016, 11:55:35 AM »
@Joria
I'm going to retry making that room, starting with walls instead of a foundation. It would be pain to have to place the columns & lighting for each wedding.

@FrancescaFiori
About Lyric, you'll know in the next update. I'd actually reached the same conclusion as you a few days ago. For fire, I thought about using a SimRay in a smallish room...

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2016, 11:59:40 AM »
(I have also heard that stomping on a lit pumpkin is a good way to start fires. :) Just sayin')

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: The Birth of a Patriarch
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2016, 12:12:47 PM »
@FrancescaFiori   Has this happened to your sims? I find the cooking and fireplace methods such chores!

2.14 The Mori Legacy: The Birth of a Patriarch

Week 9/Tuesday

Kaoru: Wassup, Grim? Thanks for coming by to reap Isabelle. Sorry for keeping you so busy lately!
Grim: No worries, Kaoru. That’s what I do!
Zach: So what are up to now, Grim? Did you stop by the gym to stare at my body or did you come to work out?  *encourages Grim to work out

Kaoru: Time passes so quickly! I’ll be an elder in just two days!
I recently completed Big Happy Family and gained the Patriarch trait, which would be more useful if this were an Immortal Dynasty Challenge.
When Nio brings home his final promotion for Oracle tonight, I’ll also complete Successful Lineage!
I could have earned both of these much faster if I hadn’t waited until I was practically an adult to have children!

I’ve been inventing objects to leave behind so the household will never need another Scientist.
Recently, I invented another fully-upgraded SimRay, a fully-upgraded Cloning Machine, and a Satellite Dish.
Hmmm, maybe I should invent a non-upgraded SimRay for the family to use for “death by fire.”

Nami: I’ve been so much happier since Zach’s moved in! Has it been noticeable?
Zach: This morning, I realized that Nami and I were Soulmates but not BFFs, so we remedied that.
Nami: I wonder if we should do the Soulmate aspiration after Zach finishes Bodybuilder and Outdoor Enthusiast?

Nio: Just as I return home at 10 am, we get a notice that Naoki is ready to age up. His parents are busy, so I do the honors.
Naoki is a Whiz Kid with the Active trait (like his dad), so I mentor him while he plays three games of chess with Arisa.
Zach: Nami read to Sora for two hours, so I’m the one reading to Naoki. I love being a father!

Zach: Here’s a collage of the four of us. As Nami mentioned previously, Sora has Nami’s cheeks but his eyes and mouth resemble mine.
Nao has my facial shape as well as my eyes and mouth, but his mother’s skintone.
Of course, it’s impossible to say how children will turn out until they become teenagers.

Nio: Speaking of children, I’ve created a little club with Lyric and our two daughters.
Lyric is looking lovely as always. She works as an Entertainer, like Arisa.
Next to me sits Maribel who is Cheerful and next to Lyric sits Felicity who is Insane.
Once Sora and Nao reach the Social milestone where they need three child-age friends, they should start a club with my daughters and Doreen’s kid with Paolo!

Nami: Today I bring home my Level 8 promotion and don’t work again until Thursday.
Nio: Nice work, Nami! You are really on a roll, even while bearing two children!
Anyway, married life seems to really suit you, Nami! And Zach’s a great guy!
Nami: What about you, Nio?
Nio: Well, after spending time with Lyric and our daughters today, I’ve decided not to ask Lyric to move in.
It’s just not right to separate her from our girls. Once you’re ready to let me go, I can always go live with them, right?
You and Zach should feel free to have a third child, sis.

Nami: Where is that fabulous man of mine? It’s just past 4 pm and Dad gets home at 7.
We have time for a fertility massage and a few “Try for baby” moves!
Zach: It’s a little rushed, but we can do it!
Nami: Zach, why are you always in your workout shorts?
Zach: What can I say? I’m an Active sim!

Arisa: I can’t believe Nio is already a Level 9 Oracle and Nami got promoted to Level 8 Start-up Entrepreneur today?
What is my problem? Why am I still at Level 5 Jokesmith?
W: Well, you drop your queue a lot, then leave for work without finishing your daily task. Sometimes I send you to work, but you get distracted and arrive late for work.
You should buy the Pro Slacker trait! At least, you won’t be penalized for being late to work.

Arisa: Zach’s an Active sim, but you’re a Geek, Nio. What’s your excuse for wearing shorts?
Nio: This is my athletic wear, sis. When Watchette asked me to mentor Nao, I was practicing yoga.
Nao: It’s so cool that you’re mentoring me, Uncle Nio! I’m already Level 6 Mental!

Sora: Ahhh, this is the life, I tell you—playing video games, listening to tunes!
W: Just when I think that Nao is the cuter brother, Sora goes and makes this adorable face!

Zach: We’re right on schedule, honey, let’s make some fireworks!
Nami: After one try, I’m definitely pregnant because Zach’s Try for baby option is greyed out.
But I take a pregnancy test anyway, because I can’t deal with waddling for four days.

Kaoru: Since everyone’s off tonight, we make a quick stop at the Partihaus on our way to Granite Falls.
This little girl looks just like her mother did at this age.
Her name’s Marci Primley, the daughter of Doreen Primley and Paolo Rocca. She has the Neat trait. (Neat!!!)
Depending on the rest of her traits, she’d make a great spouse for one of my grandsons!

Zach: It’s my first visit to Granite Falls and I’m eager to start working on my Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration!
We gather herbs and fish in the Campground area, the National Park, and then the Hermit’s Retreat where we pitch our tents.
Naoki: Our fish collection is only missing two fish, but I catch a Gummie Guppie tonight at the National Park. Go me!

Wednesday

Kaoru: In the morning, I start fishing right after breakfast and catch the elusive blue crawdad. Our extended collection of 32 fish is complete!
Nami: This is the first visit to Granite Falls for everyone in the house except Dad. It’s beautiful here! My baby bump approves!

Sora: While Dad’s outside distracting the hermit, I successfully swipe a Satisfied Squirrel Hot Chocolate Kit from the Hermit’s House.
I can't wait to max the Social skill, so I can start leveling Mischief and swipe the quality swag!

Zach: The hermit and I become friends really fast. It helps that we share the Loves the Outdoors and Loner traits.
Just think, if I’d had the insane trait, I might have become the hermit!

Nami:  It’s 7 am and we need to go home so the boys can prepare for school.
By the time we leave Granite Falls, Kaoru, Nio, and Zach have all completed the first tier of Outdoor Enthusiast.

Nami: We cut it really close! There’s just enough time for Zach and I to discuss techniques for Cognitive Focusing and Mental Relaxation with our sons.
For his first day of class, Nao drinks a Focused potion. He’s a Whiz Kid and we want him to get an A as soon as possible!

Kaoru: I believe today will be my last day of work since I become an elder tomorrow.
Or maybe I should have Watchette join me at work tomorrow so I can make one last attempt to complete some of our collections.
I almost quit work today, but realized that I can’t retire unless I age up to an elder first. Bah!
I’ll just take a day off tomorrow!

Zach: When I reach Tier 3 of Outdoor Enthusiast, I notice that my “Befriend the Hermit of Granite Falls” milestone isn’t checked off.
In a panic, I try chatting with him on the internet and then on the phone, but no go.
Then I spot him strolling by the house.  Saved!

After brewing the required 3 excellent herbal remedies, I make a few more to boost my Herbalism skill.
I’m at Level 9 now, so I should start thinking about that darned tent-sleeping milestone.
By the way, I thought our stove was broken. Whenever I finish brewing a remedy, I can’t use the stove anymore
Watchette says the remedy sits invisibly on the stove burner; she’s seen it happen before. She can’t see the finished remedy until placing the stove in the family inventory.
What a pain to have to move the stove after every remedy. Thanks for helping, Watchette!

Nami: In my second trimester, I’m still undecided about whether to have a girl or not.
If we weren't concerned about unique traits, I feel our simverse is populated with a lot more attractive-looking female sims.
This is less true, I feel, when it comes to male sims.
I spotted this dubious specimen of manhood behind our house earlier, complaining to no one in particular about trash left over from our wedding.
Kaoru: Sims like him are the reason The Dancers cannot be revived!

Thursday

Nami: I made up my mind early this morning and have eaten 12 strawberries while listening to pop music.
Checking my moodlets, I see I have the Vicarious moodlet, thanks to Dad. I should try to max cooking while he still lives with us.

Sora (in blue) and Nao (in green) leave for school, wearing little impudent smirks.
What do they know that we don’t know?

Outdoor Enthusiast
I felt unwell and spent the last two days resting. Joria knows how much I dread the Outdoor Enthusiast’s “Sleep in tent for 5 nights” milestone.
When I woke up, I realized that I’d forgotten to pause and exit my game two days ago. Checking my game, I found that Zach had already completed the tent-sleeping milestone and that none of the other sims in the house were missing or dead. *pumps fist

Then I woke up for real and realized that I’d just dreamed about Zach and his Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration. Oh well!

Have 10 kids in one generation
This requirement for the tenth point in the Family category has a single couple having or adopting 10 children. Since Kaoru and Nio will be moving out soon, I’m really tempted to keep whiny Arisa until she completes the Comedian career, then have Nami and Zach (because they’re such a nice-looking couple) bear and adopt seven more children.
Okay, I just read a comment by Pinstar that the children can’t be moved out until their teens. I’ll have to wait until a later generation when I can resist having an heir with so many siblings.
*grabs a notepad and starts calculating

The Simverse Population
Although a legacy challenge doesn’t require pollinating, since LegacyLoves can be downloaded from the Gallery, I haven’t found too many spouse candidates that really attract me, erm, I mean “attract my sms,” of course. Sadly, I can't upload my own LegacyLoves household to Gallery then download into my game.
Genes are everything, almost.

Thank you so much for reading!

To the next chapter

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: The Birth of a Patriarch (new 08/18)
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2016, 01:00:11 PM »
That picture of Arisa is just perfect. Beautiful, but pouting!
The boys really do have wonderful knowing smiles. I'm excited to see how they age up. You're right, genes are everything! I have pretty specific tastes in sim looks, so I understand your frustration with the legacy spouse selection both in game and in-gallery.
I haven't done the lit pumpkin stomping personally, but I saw it happen in a YouTube video. I imagine if you lined up a bunch of pumpkins in an enclosed space and had a stomping party it would only be a matter of time.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: The Birth of a Patriarch (new 08/18)
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2016, 01:28:55 PM »
Oh boy! Here we go!
The boys are ADORABLE, but I think I like Nao more, mostly because he reminds me a little of Jack Frost in his hoodie and that's super adorable. Not to mention that adorable smirk in that last picture - yup. I think I'm sold on him. Sorry, Sora, but I think Nao has won my heart!
Arisa... Arisa... ugh, Oshizu, I really feel for you. I really, truly do. Just watching her makes me get the urge to shake her. I think she's a gorgeous sim and there was one point I was even rooting for her, but now she's lost all of my favor.
I'm so glad that our darling Nami got herself a good man in Zach.
Nio and his girls are gorgeous - Lyric too, of course. She was quite a catch! I know Nio did what he had to do with Isabelle, but I was always shipping for him and Lyric.
Doreen is cute! I totally vote her in! That red hair! It's ADORABLE!
Ahem, I think I've said 'adorable' too much in this chapter, no?
I must say, just watching you fight with just the herbal remedies being stuck on the stove alone reminds me of why I have my Sims move to a new neighborhood every generation. ::) I just can't handle the bugs that start growing after you've been in a neighborhood so long.
Anyways, before I keep rambling on and on and on... I just wanted to say I loved the chapter and I'm still rooting for Nao!
Or Sora!
Or unborn baby!
Because... logic?