Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132015 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: The Mori Legacy: Operation "Storm The Lighthouse" (new 08/21)
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2016, 05:11:45 PM »
YES!
BRING ON THE INSANE SIMS!!

Ahem. Anyways. I'm excited for Sora now. Embrace the insanity!
It'll be interesting to see an Insane Sims 4 sim. Hehe.

Meanwhile, GO ZACH. Get those tent goal... things! Woo!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2016, 05:30:33 PM »
Hahaha, unfortunately, Sora is not blessed with all the benefits of being a deity!
But I see you feel a special love for insane sims because of Majnun. So be it. We'll see if Sora can help with those food-related milestones!
And I loved how Sora nicked that rare insect on display! I need to take the family out more! *glares at Arisa...

And yes, Zach is now officially done with the tent and can sleep in a bed once more!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
Wow, nice chapter. So happy that Kaoru gets to spend his golden years with Elsa. I'd say you'd be okay moving out Arisa and her kid, given that they're not cadets or heirs. Congrats to Sora for getting one of the most interesting trait/aspiration combinations ever. I think you could do whatever you want with him, given all that Gen 1 and Gen 2 have accomplished. You have time. Though I really want Hana as the heir, not gonna lie. Violet eyes for the win.

Also, which point sheet do you use to keep track of everything?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2016, 05:41:42 PM »
I agree with the violet eyes thing.  Hana for heir eventually.  I found mixologist more difficult to complete than chef.  They also keep drinking the drinks they make so you have to really micromanage and remove that from their queue immediately.  They also take a lot of time just standing around deciding if they are going to actually make the drink or not.  Frustrating.  They don't have to mix that many for their daily chore but getting the first ten can be a pain and they absolutely have to be all aura'd up.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2016, 05:57:47 PM »
Wow, nice chapter. So happy that Kaoru gets to spend his golden years with Elsa. I'd say You'd be okay moving out Arisa and her kid, given that they're not cadets or heirs. Congrats to Sora for getting one of the most interesting trait/aspiration combinations ever. I think you could do whatever you want with him, given all that Gen 1 and Gen 2 have accomplished. You have time. Though I really want Hana as the heir, not gonna lie. Violet eyes for the win.

When I decided to move out Kaoru and let Arisa enjoy both love and motherhood. the decision had a lot to do with your wanting to see Arisa's child.
I realize I complain about Arisa a lot: she has a hard career but she's been a terrific skiller, so her baby's a reward of sorts.

Don't want to spoil too much of what lies ahead.
Thanks for your thoughts on Sora--you and @LivvieLove have convinced me to keep the crazy klepto in the house, whether he's voted heir/cadet or not.
*raises hand (also a huge fan of violet eyes)

@Joria
Lol, the vote's almost out on the heir already!
About difficulty of completing, do you mean aspirations or careers?
With mixologists, I've had the same drinks-their-own-drinks-everytime issue that you mentioned. Once they've completed those 10 drinks and their daily task, though, they can just "practice." I've only had the standing around problem when they're below Level 3, I think. (He's just starting the 10 drinks; thanks for the reminder!)
In my last AC, I had to actually place the bar in a mixologist-access-only room because other sims would actually walk up and take over the bar. Grrrr.
But I make heavy use of Prose & Pop and Amygdelight!
What do you mean "they have to be aura'd up"? To level efficiently, you mean?

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2016, 12:59:23 AM »
This is going to be such a tough heir vote! I love Hana's violet eyes, but Sora is just so charming, and Nao already has a bit of a thing going with Marci, and she's so adorable!
I wouldn't worry too much about Sora's traits. In a well-equipped house there will always be enough positive emotional buffs going on to overrule any random emotions from the insane trait or tense ones from kleptomaniac. I'm so impressed that he swiped that rare insect! I have a lot of trouble with the insect collection, so I'm definitely bringing a kleptomaniac to Granite Falls as soon as possible!
Very happy that Naoto's storming of the lighthouse was such a rousing success! I hope he and Elsa are very happy together (and that Arisa and her baby can join them soon!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: The Glutton Strikes Again
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2016, 11:18:13 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
Thanks for more positive feedback about Sora. In fact, he’s turned out to be quite a super sim!
Actually, Arisa and child will not be living in The Lighthouse. I’m trying to ensure that all the good party homes around the simverse are inhabited by Mori kin, hehe.

2.18 The Mori Legacy: The Glutton Strikes Again

Week 10/Friday

Nami: Our lives have changed so much now that Nio and I are no longer working!
Both Sora and Nao are at home skilling. Arisa doesn’t work until 5.

I’m at the nearby fishing hole, just relaxing.
Ronan Wade also fishes here. He’s been hanging around us a lot lately.
Yes, he loves the outdoors but he’s mean and hotheaded so I just ignore him, natch.

Nio: When I sit down to write a sci-fi novel, I realize with a shock that I can write skill books.
Now Nami will never let me go! *starts writing a Handiness skill book
By the way, I checked with Arisa and Nami: skill books can’t be written for Baking and Wellness!
And Zach hasn’t completed Renaissance Sim, so we don’t know yet about writing a skill book for herbalism. Probably not!

Sora: For my Master Mixologist aspiration, I’ve started learning to make bar drinks.
Nao: And I’m learning to play the piano with Auntie Arisa’s mentoring.

Sora: Do you want to know my favorite drink? It’s Flaming Zesty Salt!
W: Why can’t an insane sim pick something—oh, I don’t know—safer?

Arisa: I’ve just completed both my fifth masterpiece and the painter aspiration, when I go into labor.

Arisa: After holding my baby right after delivery, I can no longer interact with her.
I’m starting to panic since I can’t feed her or even pick her up! What’s going on?
W: For close to a sim-hour, Arisa can’t interact with her at all. I lock all the room’s doors but still no luck.
Then, I remember @FrancescaFiori’s remark about having to wait for a sim to walk all the way down the street.
As soon as I locked the house’s front door to “Everyone,” Arisa could hold her baby once more. So bizarre!
Francesca, you are a baby-life-saver!

Arisa: Folks, this is Lukia Mori. She’s named after Rukia in the Bleach anime but with an “L” to honor her father Lucas.

Nami: Switching to the Friend of the World aspiration, I find I have 13 out of the 20 needed friends.
I can so totally make 7 more friends!
I’ll start by befriending sims who I should be friends with already, like Elsa Bjergsen.
Looks like I’ll have another sibling soon! And, Watchette, why don’t we have a closet?
W: Yeah, yeah. Elsa would benefit from a makeover, but then I would have unwittingly used it now and forced Arisa home from work.
And whatever you do, don’t offer Elsa a fertility massage.
If the simverse gets too overrun with Mori’s, new families don’t move in!

Zach: That’s it, Hana! Just three more drawings and you’re done with Artistic Prodigy!
W: Hana, I hear you met two teenage boys at school today.
Please invite them over! Uncle Nio can check their traits for you, while you start Social Butterfly.

Hana: Dad, Grandpa gave me his “Woohoo Club” before he moved out. What does “woohoo” mean?
Zach: It’s too early for that talk yet, darling, but I’ll explain soon. Just don’t ask your friends at school, okay?
*mutters to self: Maybe Hana will forget her question over the weekend. We can only hope!

Nami: Marci Primley is now a very pretty Neat and Outgoing teen!
Regardless of who is chosen as heir, I definitely want Marci as a daughter-in-law unless, of course, she ends up with an extremely unmanageable third trait.
I wonder who she’d like? Sora or Nao?

Saturday

Nio: It’s past midnight when we arrive at Granite Falls. We’re renting a new lodge built on the Forest Hideaway lot.
The daily rent has skyrocketed from $636/day to $2,463/day but, hey, we deserve to chillax, am I right?
Nami: Wow.  Just wow! It’s true to its name: Granite Falls Luxury!
Sora: I have a whim to make Grilled Chicken. Anyone hungry?
Zach: I'm going to hit the sack cuz I'm beat!

Zach: The next morning, I catch three ladybugs, then spy some fire ants a little later.
These are hard to catch because they sting!
Will they be the insects that help me complete my aspiration? Of course, they will! Come to papa!
And so I finally complete the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration! *takes a small bow
W: Thank you, Zach. You will be the one and only sim in this legacy to finish that aspiration.

Zach: I’m killing the Mixology and Cooking skills, you know!
I’m already Level 6 in both Mixology and Homestyle Cooking and Level 3 in Gourmet Cooking.
We’ve all come to the National Park. It’s such a treat since we go out so rarely!
Look at all the insects we don’t have in our collection yet! Oh, this Monarch Butterfly is uncommon!
*successfully swipes the Monarch Butterfly

Nami: The boys seem to be really enjoying themselves here at Granite Falls!
Sora must be reading in that Ranger’s Station, while Zach and Nao are fishing away.
Nio is running around looking for our one missing fossil! And little Hana is with Arisa (uh, sorry, Hana!).
And by the way, our genealogy chart says we have a new brother: Brennan Bjergsen!

As for me, I spend the vacay befriending strangers. I just need three more friends!
Meet the young adult mail carrier Esther Chesler.
She is a cheerful, non-commital kleptomaniac as well as my 18th friend! Moving on…

Nami: The stupid bear horns in on my convo with my soon-to-be-19th friend!
Maybe if I ask her to cloudgaze, the bear will get bored and leave?  Good riddance, blasted bear!

Nami: Hey, guess who just completed the Friend of the World aspiration?
My twentieth friend is Deja Akins, a neat, creative, foodie who tends bar at the Shrieking Llama.

Week 11/Sunday

Arisa: I brought home my promotion to Level 9 Standup Star last night!!
I’m super happy that everyone came home yesterday evening, because Lukia and I have birthdays today.
Isn’t she gorgeous? My precious Lukia is a Rambunctious Scamp who, like her father, loves the outdoors.

Nami: Wow, Arisa! Lukia has violet eyes, too!
Oh no! She’s so cute that I’m tempted to keep her, but I shouldn’t. And I won't.

Nio: We celebrate Arisa’s adult birthday with a cake but no party. You better step your game up, girl! Lucas became an elder yesterday!

Hana: Uncle Nio wants to meet the two teens I met last week when I chose “Make Friends” at school instead of “Study Hard.”
I invite over Miles Singleton, a high school student.
Nami: Ask him to show you his swimwear, honey.
Hana: Um, okay. All I know is that he’s a Bookworm. Uncle Nio, Miles is so cute!
Nio: Let me help find out his second trait, Hana. Miles is also a Goofball.
Yes, he’s very good-looking and his traits are okay, but we can’t have the pear in the bloodline. *shakes head
Tell him good-bye nicely, Hana!

Hana: Next, I invite over Eugene Akins, a high schooler I met the same day as Miles. What do you think, Uncle Nio?
Nio: Well, he’s Good and Hotheaded, which is an odd combo. He also works part-time as a Barista.
Nami: Ah, he’s the son of Deja Akins, my twentieth friend! Let’s keep looking, okay?
Besides, Hana still has 7 days before her teen birthday (but you can never start looking too early).

Zach: The Mori Legacy has completed enough aspirations but lacks medals from throwing successful social events.
That’s why Nami and I have started having dates at home for the Soulmate aspiration. I have such a tough life!
Nami (whispers): I can’t believe that my darling Zach will become an elder in only five days.

Monday

Zach: We move the Fountain of Mirth to our bedroom—a quick solution for “Have both sims drink at the same time.”
We both got a little too playful once—hysterical, in fact—and had to devote a little time to calming down.
Otherwise, we enjoy our last of seven fantastic gold-medal dates on Monday afternoon!

We’ve hit the 25-image limit! Please proceed to the next post for the four remaining screenshots.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: The Glutton Strikes Again
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2016, 11:18:46 AM »
(Continued from the previous post)

Nao: Mom calls in my birthday party as soon as Sora, Hana, and Lukia come home from school.
Because Dad just finished Soulmate earlier today and he’s a loner, he wants a household-only party. Fine with me!

The Glutton strikes again!
Can you see Auntie Arisa’s pink dress behind me? She really outdoes herself at my party.
She actually grabs a piece of my cake before I can even land from my birthday spin!
Such horrible manners, Auntie Arisa! I’m never taking you out to eat!

Zach: Nao’s aged up into a teen who looks a bit like me but also like his grandfather. He has a lean face like the two of us.
Nao: To my Active trait, I add the Good trait and Renaissance Sim aspiration. I’ve maxed Logic already, so no sweat!

Nio: You can see the elderly Lucas Munch slouching by in a red T-shirt in the background. He looks sad and lonely, Arisa.

Nami: These screenshots don’t do the teenage Nao justice. He’s better-looking than my father and my husband.
Nao: *blushes
Zach: I think it’s funny that Watchette subconsciously gives Nao and I the same party outfits, but in different colors.

Nami: Besides Arisa grabbing a piece of the cake too early, the party goes pretty smoothly.
Sora is preparing group meals and mixing drinks like a boss.
But then, we're are nearing the bottom of the party’s last inning with only a silver medal in sight, unable to make that toast!
Suddenly, Zach pulls through--making a toast while flaunting his usual stylish flair!
And it’s a gold-medal birthday party! You’re absolutely the best, Zach!

To see the updated family tree, click here

Dates
My week/day system of dating doesn’t mean that I’m trying for a speed run.
It does help me keep track of births and birthdays and also offers a lazy but simple way of providing narrative transitions. Just in case you were wondering.

Insects
Swiping the insects from the Ranger Station is just for entertainment. I never have and never will complete the insect collection.
Still, it’s pretty funny that the idea never occurred to me before.
All total, Sora swiped four types of insects with little down time in between due to their low cost.

Granite Falls Luxury
I downloaded this 40x30 “Granite Falls Luxury” lot from the Gallery. It’s designer, named gizky, did a really fabulous job!
I made slight revisions for my family: I removed all the sinks, tilted the dinner table to add 2 chairs to seat 8 sims, and rearranged doors to restrict access to the computer room.

Aspirations
The Mori Legacy has completed all but three aspirations: one hard one (Party Animal, ugh) and two easy ones (Master Mixologist and Master Chef).
Special thanks to three sims who completed three aspirations that I find especially troublesome: Dorothy Primley (Grilled Cheese), Frank Biello (Public Enemy), and Zach Haskins (Outdoor Enthusiast).

Sorry I couldn’t squeeze this all into a single post!  Thanks very much for reading!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: The Glutton Strikes Again (new 08/22)
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2016, 12:01:42 PM »
Ooohhh! Not just an update, but an update over TWO posts! What a lucky day for me! Nao is so cute, but I must say... insane Sims will always have my heart. Sora, i'm rooting for you! Not to mention, look how fast he's moving through skills! (Claps).
Meanwhile, I'm happy for Arisa with the gorgeous Lukia (hilariously random, I've been planning a Lucia in my legacy for two months+ now, so yay similar names!), but it doesn't appear that Arisa has changed at all. At least she's almost done with her career!
Great job to Zach for that crazy aspiration! It's already generation 3 and you've knocked out almost all of the aspirations!
Congratulations!
Anyways, I look forward to seeing Hana as a teen, but I think Sora has my vote. Then again I loved Nao but a day ago and now that's all changed too! Not that I don't love him... but SORA! INSANE! AMAZING.  ;D
Now if Hana got the insane trait... yeah, that would definitely work in her favor.  8)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2016, 12:33:02 PM »
Oooh! Teenage Nao is a game-changer. He is cute!

And woo-hoo! I'm a hero! I saved a baby! I will go around with an extra spring in my step today, I think. ;) Lukia is stunning as well. I hope she gets to go cheer up her old dad pretty soon!

Your family's progress is so impressive! I look forward to the days when they have everything done and can just kick back and throw dance parties for a few generations. :)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2016, 03:01:10 PM »
All of your sims are so attractive!  I especially like Arisa and now Lukia.  Will you or have you uploaded them to the Gallery?  Arisa's pink dress looks really pretty I'll have to look for it next time I play. 

Also, congrats on the insect acquiring Klepto.  I already made a note of that.  I tried to complete the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration but couldn't find a beetle to eat anywhere.

Did you plan to complete those last three aspirations together?  It really makes good sense.  I made pretty good progress with the Party Animal aspiration in my recent WonderChild attempt.  It wasn't as bad as I thought.  I just should have started it a lot earlier.  Remember, you don't need to complete the events.  You may end early once you achieve the desired medal.  It saves some time though it looks like your sims have plenty.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2016, 04:29:36 PM »
It's so very interesting how different simmers are attracted to different sims for varying reasons! I have a favorite but waiting to see how Hana ages up.
My household revolves heavily around cultivating/positioning mentors, so the children are equal in terms  of skilling potential--I believe they'll all be super sims.

@LivvieLove
Yes, very relieved that Outdoor Enthusiast is behind me. Zach only found common bugs for his milestone while Sora swiped uncommon ones but whatever, lol.
Sims really start showing their personalities from the teen stage, so I'm looking forward to see Nao and Hana as teens. And yes, Arisa is FINALLY a Level 9 Comedian.

@FrancescaFiori
Even though Lukia is a spare, I was so panicked. If not for you, I would never ever have thought to lock the front door, hahahahaha.
As for the family's progress, Gen2 was really huge...8 sims! And I mentioned before that I'm still having trouble pacing milestones.
But yeah, the main focus from now on will be careers, fortune-building, and collections. Oh, and breeding nice-looking sims.

@Caterina
Arisa's pink dress is from one of the more recent packs (can't remember which one). I swore I wouldn't play Lukia since she's leaving soon, but she's so cute I've been skilling her.
I'm thinking now of putting together a household of sims of different ages, including a few from my Apocalypse and Arisa/Lukia. I'll post a Creations thread on this forum then upload them to the Gallery. I'll be sure to let you know.
The roasting beetle interaction doesn't actually require an insect called a beetle. I'll put one insect in the siim's personal inventory to see if the interaction is available.
If it is, then I'll clone that insect to store at least one. I might have even used a butterfly or a ladybug (can't remember). Keep an eye on the fire. If it goes out while you're roasting the second "beetle," the interaction doesn't count and you lose the bug.
One will do both Food aspirations (possibly my klepto Sora), but I'm reserving Party Animal for much later. Maybe when the only working sim is a detective or doctor.
I completed Party Animal for my dynasty and find it so much easier than Outdoor Enthusiast.

Thanks for reading and commenting, folks! It really means a lot! <3

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2016, 04:56:52 PM »
By the way, I was planning to take a little break from this legacy and go play the tournament Baby Boomer Challenge, then I found out about the Triple Boost Challenge.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/boost-week-skills-careers

Now I feel honor-bound to play my legacy for the next week, lol. Not really sure how this works, though.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2016, 05:00:10 PM »
By the way, I was planning to take a little break from this legacy and go play the tournament Baby Boomer Challenge, then I found out about the Triple Boost Challenge.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/boost-week-skills-careers

Now I feel honor-bound to play my legacy for the next week, lol. Not really sure how this works, though.
GET THAT PROMOTION AND GET OUT ARISA.
(Coughs) I mean, oh how lovely! (innocent whistling).

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2016, 05:43:02 PM »
@LivvieLove
I checked the official Legacy Challenge website and use of the Triple Boost Week perks are restricted.
If I stayed focused, Arisa will max her career in two more work shifts. I should go do that.