Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132057 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: The NooBoomers (new 08/31)
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2016, 08:48:04 PM »
@Luna264
Thank you for your vote of confidence. It's not so bad now since Nami can mentor and her husband and brother can be invited over to mentor as well.
I can't wait to see how all the kids age up!

@FrancescaFiori
Haha, I'd started planning an event last update then wanted to ask permission first.  ;D  Hehehe
I've made a chronological list of names, traits, etc. and will definitely do a few collages, like once the first few kids are all children, and so forth.
Most of the naturally born children will be female--we're on a serious hunt now for violet eyes. *blow safari horn (is there even such a thing?)
Yes that death salute really shocked me--the Sims4 devs have certainly seen "Saturday Night Fever," lol.

@LivvieLove
About the 10 children, I know I would have felt more daunted by this if not for the forum's Baby Boomer Challenge that's going on right now.
In that tournament challenge, the children can be adopted or naturally born but all traits/aspirations must be rolled. It takes place over a period of six sim-weeks. So 10 children is still a lot, but not impossible since only two adults in my family have jobs.

Haha, Hana was moved out the previous week and hasn't been invited back to any social events since. Yes, the death-by-starvation is still incomplete--I don't want Hana to tempt us.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: High Five, Low Five
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2016, 05:44:22 PM »
3.24 The Mori Legacy: High Five, Low Five

Week 13/Thursday

Marci: You’d think we’re such romantics, renewing our vows so soon after our marriage.
Actually, Nao got a makeover with a new jacket that has a rocket ship image on the back.
Then, he’s all, “Watchette! Take a screenshot of me in my new jacket!” He’s a sweetheart, anyway.

Marci: For Friend of the World, my remaining milestones are to make a BFF and 20 friends.
I have 12 friends now and we’ll have six more children, so I’ll wait and see how many friends I need after all the babies.
Nao and I have near maxed Friendship, but when I first asked him to be my BFF, he replied, “Nuh uh uh.”
Unbelievable, right? I’ve noticed with his brother Sora as well that I don’t always share the same Friendship level as the sim I’m chatting with.
In the end, Nao agrees to be my BFF. Uh, thank you? Glitch?

Friday

Nao: Our daughter Blysse was ready to age up last night, before Marci and I became BFFs, but everyone missed seeing the notice.
Marci: By coincidence, she has red hair just like me!  She’s a Bookworm and an Artistic Prodigy.

Nami: This afternoon, we manage to resist planning outfits for Arlo and Blysse since Nao is at work.
When the twins Carlos and Donato age up tonight, however, Watchette completely forgets that Sora is working.
Sora: If it wasn’t for Watchette’s slip up, I would have gotten my Level 8 promotion and completed the Master Chef aspiration. Hmmph!
Marci: The twins are too adorable! Here’s a collage of us with the kids.
Nao: Where did Donato get those bedroom eyes? From his maternal grandfather, Paolo Rocca?

Nao: And here they are watching that lost dog movie. Oh, we almost forgot!
Carlos shares my Good trait and is a Rambunctious Scamp.
Donato shares Marci’s Outgoing trait and is a Whiz Kid.

Sora: Hi, Dad! How you doing? No, I’m not phoning you from work. I’m home early tonight, don’t ask!
I’m just calling to ask you if you’re still down for Sunday. You are? Great! See you then!

Saturday

Nao: Hi Gramps! How’s life out there on the island? How’s your family? Is everyone well?
Really, little Brennan is a teenager now? Cool!
So, can you still join us on Sunday? You can? That’s super! Can’t wait to see you!

Week 14/Sunday

Nami: Welcome home, Sora! We’re all so proud of you!
Sora: Yay, I did it! I finally got promoted to Level 8 Mixologist tonight. And we know what that means!
Yep, I cleared that legacy milestone for completing both food aspirations in one generation!
And now if I can max the Mixologist career, my personal goals for this legacy will be done!

Hours later that same day, a motley crew straggles down the stairs of the Pan Europa Disco.
Zach: Ow, ow, ow, my back! I’m getting too old for this! Kaoru, what is your secret?!
Unfamiliar teen: Why the heck am I dressed in this grey shirt? And what’s with these tight black slacks and the wristband?

Nao: We have gathered here together on this day for one purpose and one purpose alone.
Sora: To honor the memory of one of the most entertaining sims ever to pollinate the planet: Eduardo Meadows.

Kaoru: What? You want me to tell you who that teenager is on the very right? That’s my son, Brennan Bjergsen.

Nio: Oh yeah, here we be, getting down and showing you what we got.
Zach: I don’t know, guys. I think we’re doing this wrong.
If Eduardo were here, he’d make some self-absorbed comment that was absurdly conceited yet undeniably hilarious.
Nio: Yeah, you’re right, Zach. I’ll just shut up and we’ll do what we do…dance!

Nao: Sheesh, bartender, did you come to photobomb us?
Bartender: Nah, once you’re done dancing come to the bar. We got “The Eduardo” on the house for you fellas.

Kaoru: That’s right, boys! Break it down till it hurts!

Brennan (mutters): What did I expect? Dad asks me if I want to go clubbing so of course it’s some weird cult thing…

Kaoru: Eduardo teaches us that attitude is all-important! Charm the ladies but let them think they’re charming you.

Nao: Eduardo always loved what he did while looking fly as he did it.
Eduardo Meadows, you are gone but not forgotten! (Sorry we didn’t get the shoes right!)

Kaoru: Wow, that was really a gas! I’d always wondered what cos-playing Eduardo would feel like! I should have gotten my hair done, too!
Brennan: So, do we get commemorative T-shirts or something?

Nami: Back at the ranch, Donato needs a change after sitting for hours at the chess board.
Though he hasn’t completed Whiz Kid yet, he’s taking a break to increase his Motor skill.
W: Yes, the children are being named alphabetically. Donato is too adorable, though he doesn’t really resemble either parent.

Marci: Carlos, on the other hand, completes Rambunctious Scamp without the benefit of any mentoring.
He’s received encouragement with Artistic Prodigy, however, and it shows! He looks a bit like Sora.

Nao: Unlike Carlos and Donato who will complete all aspirations except Social Butterfly, Arlo and Blysse are on their own.
Sorry, kids!  You become teens and will move out next week. But you leave here with several life skills and reward traits.

Marci: Actually, Arlo moves out in 9 days and Blysse in 11 days, which seems like a long time!
Nao: That’s because it is a long time! You know, Mom really wants to go live with Zach.
She could move either after Sora maxes Mixologist or you max Fitness. What do you think?

Marci: I’ll max Fitness with one more day of mentoring and I can mentor three other skills already.
If Sora stays to help out for now, we’ll be fine. You can go ahead.
Nao: I’m glad to hear you say that. While out jogging tonight, I saw Mom’s twin—Auntie Arisa.
She looked so old and tired, reminding me how long and hard Mom has worked for this legacy.
Mom really deserves to enjoy some time together with Zach and we can always invite her back to help out!

Monday

Nao: After Sora gets off work at midnight, we help Mom move to the Munch/Mori residence up the road.
Then I head straight to the adoption agency.  Meet our fifth child and second daughter, Ethernet.

Marci: The kids all leave for school on time, Nao’s at work, and Sora’s fishing.
Me, I’m filling out business reports for the first time in my life.
Our twins won’t be teens for 10 more days, so I bought Connections and joined the Business career this morning.
Its work hours match the children’s school hours most closely. I start tomorrow, so wish me luck!

Tuesday

Nao: Sora works four days a week and has been a tremendous help.
Sora: When does Ethernet age up? Tonight past midnight? Couldn’t you think of a nicer name for her, Nao?
And yes, our maid you see behind me on the left has been standing there for over an hour. *sighs

Marci: Thanks for taking my picture, Watchette! It feels great to bring home a promotion on my first work day! *stretches

Wednesday

Nao: A little past midnight, we get the birthday notice to age up Ethernet.
Our fifth child and third adoptee, Ethernet is a Rambunctious Scamp with the Mean trait.
W: Erm, no comment...

Carlos (redhead): Before school, Donato and I are leveling our Social skill.
Donato (brunette): We’re going to skip Social Butterfly but still max Social and maybe even Charisma.
Carlos: When’s our teen birthday again?
Donato: In eight days, bro.

As far as legacy milestones go, this "ten children in one generation" is a bit tedious and I don't relish the thought of having our simverse flooded with Mori's.
On the other hand, I'm looking forward to ageing these twins up as well as seeing the rest of the naturally born children, particularly any with violet eyes.
Would those violet eyes skip two generations? If not, I guess I'll go on a Gallery rampage for a Gen4 spouse with violet eyes...
Or maybe not, I've already found two really nice hazubando candidates but without violet eyes. (I guess I could change them...)

By the way, if you've never met the flamboyant sim Eduardo Meadows, our tribute to him won't be as funny.
Be sure to read all about him in Top Secret: The Spiffendale Dynasty. <-- click on the blue link  ;D

Thank you for reading. By the way, our founder Kaoru is dying to cos-play Eduardo again but I need a more intriguing context for an homage. Thinking, thinking, thinking....

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: High Five, Low Five (new 09/01)
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2016, 06:36:34 PM »
Oh, my goodness! I can't . . . I just . . . I don't even . . . . I'm literally crying from laughing so hard. I am so blown away by the Eduardo tribute that I don't know what to do with myself. I can't believe you even did the wristband! (No worries on the shoes, btw, I don't even remember what shoes Eduardo wears.)
It was truly a thing of beauty. I am beyond honored that a character from my story merited such an impressive dance number. Eduardo, naturally, thinks it was no less than he deserved. There will be no living with him now. His ego will break every appliance in the house.
Thank you so much! Eduardos for everyone!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2016, 09:24:58 PM »
YES. THE DANCERS WILL REIGN FOREVER.

"Of course dad invites me out and it's to a cult thing."
XD I was laughing so hard! Oh you crack me up.

So the waiting game begins. Congratulations to Sora, of course! Another tick-mark on the Legacy challenge tally? Woohoo! =D Let's get these adoptees moved out and make way for some violet-eyed babes!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2016, 04:15:29 PM »
Finally had time to catch up and wound up being cracked up!  The Eduardo homage was just too much.  The adoptees are adorable as are the natural born kids.  You are doing so well with this.  Love it!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2016, 04:25:31 PM »
So, as I am still quite new to the forum, I don't understand the Eduardo reference. In the interest of being in the loop, what story would I find him in?

Edit: Never mind, I've found him! I've been trying to catch up on @FrancescaFiori 's story, so I didn't realize until now, lol.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2016, 07:15:53 PM »
@FrancescaFiori
As Zach astutely pointed out, I lack your brilliant gift of Eduardo-speak so we decided they would dress up, dance, and just say a few words of tribute. I'm really pleased you enjoyed it!
I completely failed in getting any of them to stand around with their chest puffed out, like Eduardo was often shown to do, haha.

@LivvieLove
Yes, Sora is being totally awesome--skilling like a boss, gettiing promoted, mentoring the kids, and looking after the babies! Yes, the search for violet eyes is ON!

@Joria
I'm so happy you're enjoying this odd story. I swore to myself that I would just abandon the adopted kids to their own devices but we end up mentoring them anyway, haha.

@Narinn2045
And now you know that Eduardo has nothing to do with being new or old to the forum, lol. Great that you were able to find him! I did put a link at the end of the chapter.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: Can There Be Another Fabio? Part I
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2016, 01:07:34 AM »
3.25 The Mori Legacy: Can There Be Another Fabio? Part I

Week 14/Wednesday

Nami: I no longer live here in the Legacy House but I’m in the kids’ cub along with Nio.
It’s actually works out quite well for the kids. Sora is highly likely to max his career this coming weekend. Then he’ll have more time to help out.

Nio: The kids are encouraged to invite schoolmates home. We’re checking them all for violet eyes, hehe. Looks like Angelina (the blond child) has brown eyes.
Donato: I guess that means I can’t invite her over anymore?

Nao: It’s difficult to get everyone to sit down together for meals.
Someone, usually Marci, grabs her food first then sits in another room, while the kids head for the TV.

Marci: I chat a bit with Sora because I notice he’s no longer my friend.
W: And he considers you his “Good friend,” Marci. Why you don’t like him? Of course, liking him too much won’t do, either.

Thursday

Nao: Ahhhh, that sweet feeling of a promotion! Today, I’m a Level 9 Sheriff of the Stars.
I chose the Space Ranger career when I branched earlier this week; its work schedule is more family-friendly.

Thanks to all the family support, Gen3 will still complete three careers, even with all the children!
Sora becomes a Level 9 Drinkmaster tonight and Marci is a Level 6 Senior Manager now.

Friday

Arlo (on the porch): Look at Donato in his leather jacket, strutting off to school! He and Carlos have no idea how lucky they are.
I don’t mind that Carlos and Donato get all the attention, though. I really don’t.
I’ve completed three aspirations and now I’ll just be cruising until my birthday next Tuesday, no more skilling.

Week 15/Sunday

Sora: Awww, how nice of everyone to stay up until I come home from work! It’s past midnight already, kids! Where’s Nao?
Carlos: You know how Watchette made you ban “Mix bar drinks” from the club because the adults drank too much?
Sora: Yeah, so?
Donato: Dad kept mixing drinks even after everyone warned him, so Watchette sent him to the garden.
W: Under my watch, the penalty for breaking the rules is spraying for bugs. Do club bans mean nothing?

Sora: Hey, where did my new bar go? How do I complete my daily task?
Oh please, just use your portable bar, yo. For now, I’ve replaced “your” bar with island counters. Thank your brother!

Sora: Lucky I wasn’t late for work today! About 90 minutes after my shift starts, a mythical hermit approaches me about buying a mythical drink recipe.
It costs an arm and a leg, but I believe it’s that drink that super-powers Logic-related skilling.
Watchette checks by clicking on a bar and, yes, I can now make the Snaggle Fluster!

W: I almost missed that pop-up as I zoomed around, checking on all the kids. Lucky, indeed! It’s a rare opportunity that I’ve only seen once before.

Marci: Arlo and Blysse have become best friends, spending most of their time together.
You can see Ethernet dancing in the other room. She’s sometimes alone but not excluded.
Nao: I saw Ethernet yelling at Donato once, but she’s seemed fine otherwise.

Monday

Sora: Oops, you caught me about to sniff my armpits. I’m an insane sim, you know. But yeah, I reached the top of the Mixologist career tonight!

Nao: I truly love sitting down to eat with everyone! So, what’s new? Marci, is that a new suit?
Marci: Yep, it came with today’s promotion. Nao, Sora has some sad news.
Sora: Around 2 pm, a ghostly Grandpa Kaoru phones to invite me out to lunch.
I can’t leave the house, of course, since you two are at work. Grandpa sure lived a long life! And he only drank one Potion of Youth!
I can’t believe the last time we spent with Grandpa was “Eduardo Day.” *weeps

Nao: We need to invite Dad over more often. Dad and Gramps were close in age, I think.
Unlike Sora and me, our kids never got a chance to live with their grandparents.
Zach looks like he really loves chatting with his grandsons.
Carlos: Can we add him to our kids’ club with Grandma and Uncle Nio, Dad?
Marci: I’m so happy both twins became friends with Papa Zach, Nao.

Kaoru (walking away): So many fond memories of this place! All the love, all the joy, all the deaths, all the drama!
Nao, you’re the third-generation heir now. Know that I will watch over you and all the generations to come!

Tuesday

Nao: A little past 7 am, I notice that Arlo’s ready to age up, though we hadn’t expected it until tonight.
He cakes up without a party, becoming quite a handsome teenager!
He’s now a Bro who Loves the Outdoors with the Master Chef aspiration. A winning combo!
Nio: He’s moved into the Landgraab Estate, with three elders who helped Nami and I do Social Butterfly!

Nao: Marci’s left for work but I don’t work for another two hours, so I literally fly to the adoption agency.
Folks, please meet our sixth child, Fabio Mori.
Stop snickering at the name choice! Who says there can’t be another Fabio?

Nao: Who’s the man? I earned my final promotion for the Space Ranger career tonight!
Sora and I are still trying to decide when to quit our jobs. I won’t miss the hours, but I will miss this uniform!
Marci: Me, too, Nao. I’ll miss you in that uniform as well.  Rawrrr.

Marci: How sad that Blysse moves out Thursday morning! Come here, sweetheart, and take a picture with me!
Blysse: Mommy, after I move, I’ll be so lonely!
Marci: Honey, you’ll be living with your BFF Arlo, and you can always come visit!

Week 15/ Wednesday

Sora (makes the toast): Thanks, everyone, for coming to my birthday party!
I’d like to announce two things while I have your attention.
One, I won’t be drinking a Potion of Youth. I believe our simverse already has more than enough Mori’s.
And two, I’ve decided to move out tomorrow afternoon to make room for more children.
Nao’s maxed his career and Marci’s a Level 9 Investor.
They’ll have more time for their kids and I’ll be over every day to help with homework and mentoring.
Cheers to the lasting prosperity of the Mori Legacy!

Nao: So, Watchette, is this your latest attempt at the lock-everyone-out outdoor party? It’s not bad!
Sora: Hey, look! Dad brought tofu dogs! Guests still bring food to parties? It’s a first for the Mori’s!

Sora: We hired Gramps as the entertainer. How cool is that, right? A big thanks to @Ricalynn for the tip!

Donato: I take a moment to introduce myself to Great-Grandpa Kaoru. I wish I’d met him earlier!

Sora: I want to stay until Thursday so I can leave behind some quality meals for the family, like the dishes prepared with the various fish we’ve caught so far.
After cooking a few hours, though, I realize I’ll never get through my 15 trout and 30 salmon. Forget it!
I pack up and leave tonight, moving in with Brennan Bjergsen at The Lighthouse.

Ethernet won’t age up for 6 more days. With me gone, Marci can have a baby that ages up to a child by then!

Marci: I hate to see Sora (and his Snaggle Flusters) go. He’s been so helpful and kind. But I’m also really glad for the extra space.

Nao: There’s only one way to properly honor Sora’s thoughtfulness in moving out earlier than initially planned.

Week 15/Thursday

Nao: Blysse ages up to a teen just before 7 am. This is seriously the busiest time of the day, since Marci’s work and the kids’ school both start at 8 am.
With lots of fancy footwork, I cake up and move out Blysse in time for Marci to prepare for work.

Blysse now lives in Oasis Springs at the Landgraab Estate with her BFF, Arlo.

Nao: It’s 7:30 am and I’m struggling with the twins who are stopping me from changing Fabio’s diaper.
My plan is to take care of Fabio then go the adoption agency, but guess what?

We receive Fabio’s birthday notice and, when I age him up, I find that he’s actually a she.
I rename her Fola. She’s become an Outgoing Artistic Prodigy. Her features are strong but she's quite adorable.

I’ve been rolling the gender for each adoption, as this legacy challenge’s rules require.
For this child, I couldn’t tell the gender by the babies’ names (there were three unisex names) and couldn’t see the color of their onesies, either.

Dear readers, we have reached the 25-image limit but not the end of this event-packed sim-day.
There are two more very important events to come on this sim-day, therefore, so I will continue the events of this sim-day in a shorter update to follow.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Can There Be Another Fabio, Part II
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2016, 01:49:46 AM »
(continued from the previous post)

3.26 The Mori Legacy: Can There Be Another Fabio, Part II

Week 15/Thursday

Nao: After Sora arrives and begins helping Fola with her drawing, I take off for the adoption agency.

Nao: I hear that, when adopting a child, the adopting parent arrives home with the child and they stand in front of the house together.
When adopting an infant, however, one just gets confetti on the curbside while the baby is whisked straight into a bassinet.
Wheeee!

This time, I’m sure our baby is a boy! Here he is, our seventh child and fourth son, Fabio Mori.
And yes, I’m not giving up on having a son with that name. There can be another Fabio!
Sorry, if this is a little confusing. Original Fabio is now our daughter Fola and the seventh child is the new Fabio, okay?

This is the final adoption for this generation. Apparently, this has been an exhausting morning for both of us!

Nao: Whenever Fabio cries, all the kids and their mentoring relatives make a beeline for the bassinet.
They neither change his diaper nor feed Fabio, but they do stop me from looking after Fabio’s needs.
Sometimes it takes over an hour before I can fight my way through the masses.
That’s why Fabio’s bassinet has been moved to a room which locks out everyone but Marci and me. Sheesh.

Nao: Hello Blysse. It’s now 3:30 pm and you were aged up and moved out to Oasis Springs eight hours ago.
Yet you do not leave, even though you’ve been removed from all the family clubs.
What is it about “moved out” that you don’t understand, young lady?
W: sniff, sniff! Do I smell a death by starvation? Nah, we're taking a break from deliberate deaths this generation, or are we?

Nao: It has been such a long a crazy day! I’m trying to paint a bit. Marci is researching stocks.
The twins have invited everyone to watch a movie to keep the other adults away from my easels.
We’re all just killing time until we get the twins’ birthday notice.

Carlos: We finally get the notice about throwing our birthday party and we quickly head to the backyard party area.
I’m the first to blow out my candles.
Besides being Good, I’m now a Genius Curator. That’s a quick aspiration to complete!
Oh dear, please change this hair, Watchette!

Donato: Now it’s my turn to blow out the candles.
Besides my Outgoing trait, I’m now a  Cheerful Bodybuilder. Cool, I can finish Bodybuilder as a teen!
Hey, I really need a change of threads. And this hair, ugh!
Nao: Your studiousness is commendable, Ethernet dear, but we do not do homework at parties. Put away that textbook right now.

Carlos: Ahhh, now that’s a little better!
Nao: Who do you think Carlos resembles? He still reminds me of Sora a little.

Marci: *brags about job title
Donato: Oh no, Mom, please. Just don’t! Do your work-related bragging with your co-workers, k?

W: I vote Donato the best-looking male sim appearing in this legacy’s simverse so far.

Nao (looking serious): You both rolled relatively easy aspirations that you can complete in your teens.
When you’re young adults, it would be great if you joined careers with similar work schedules.
Carlos and Donato (listening seriously): Yes, Dad.

Marci: Hey, Carlos, looking good! Nice party outfit!
Carlos: Thanks, Mom. How are you feeling?
Marci: Well, I keep wanting to ask people to feel the baby but I’m only in my first trimester so I don’t get that social yet. Just two more hours, though!
Wanna feel my stomach anyway?
Carlos: Uh, no thanks, Mom.

About Fola, if I'd been paying closer attention, I'd have realized that Fola wore a yellow onesie the first time Nao picked her up, despite my confusion at the adoption agency.
As it were, there was just too much going on during the two-day window after Fola was adopted until she aged up. Lesson learned!

Nao and Marci have now had or adopted seven children. The remaining three will all be naturally-born girls.
There is enough room in the household for all five naturally-born children to remain for now.
Sorry for the double post. There was nothing of interest going on for over a sim-week and then suddenly all the kids were having birthdays!

Rest in Peace, Kaoru.
You built that family lot up from scratch and, with your Patriarch trait, devotedly mentored the second generation to complete the Knowledge category.
Before your death, you achieved your fondest wish--to dress up as Eduardo. Your wife fell for Frank but you otherwise lived a charmed life.
Much appreciation for all the superb work you did to found the Mori Legacy.

Thank you so much for reading!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: The Mori Legacy: Can There Be Another Fabio? Parts I and II (new 09/03)
« Reply #174 on: September 04, 2016, 02:20:11 PM »
Ok so! I read this last night but was too tired to form a coherent response.
I'm not much better now, but at least I can 'haz wurds.'

First of all - common mistake, I've done that before in the Sims 4 (during my brief time playing) where I even named a baby boy a girls name... whoops. Fabio and Fola!
Sora is amazing and I'll miss him, but look at that Donato!!!!
Carlos is nice but Donato? Hey there! XD Will Donato be an option for heir? I like him a lot. ;) Though there are three more kids to go! Maybe we'll have a wild violet eyed child!

Anyways, I think that's all I have for now? XD My mind is a wee bit scrambled lately. Don't mind me. I loved the updates though, Oshizu!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2016, 06:04:07 PM »
LOL. The penalty for breaking rules in my Dynasty is meditation. Spraying for bugs is a good one, too, though.

Yay double update! I have to agree about Donato. He's very cute and will be tough to beat in the heir vote.

I'm so glad there could be another Fabio! And another one after that! At least there will be no question of what hair little Fabio gets once he ages up to teen. :)

Run, Blysse! Run! She has a very sinister look about her, though. It's unnerving. She may have to go, one way or another.

Oh, Goodbye Kaoru. You were a wonderful founder and a gifted Eduardo impersonator. I miss you already!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2016, 08:31:09 PM »
@LivvieLove
I thought of you when I decided to move Sora out and I also hated to see him go, but his departure shaves roughly a sim-week off of this ten-babies ordeal.
He'll be back a lot to help mentor the little girls, though. And yes, dreamboat Donato!
Hope you're feeling less scrambled now. :D

@FrancescaFiori
Hahaha, meditation isn't mean enough as a form of punishment. When you made that comment about Fabio hair, I briefly wondered if that hairstyle was modeled after real-life Fabio, lol.
I'd never attempted most of those deaths before, so Generation 2 was my experimentation phase.
I have a fairly specific idea about electrocution and I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a starvation-worthy sim, perhaps a glutton?
And yes, about Blysse, Arlo is feeling uncomfortable about living with her in Oasis Springs so I'll need to relocate her--she can live with Hana the Stalker.

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2016, 10:56:07 PM »
@oshizu Okay, now I'm curious; would a gluttonous Sim starve faster, or would it just make them more miserable?
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2016, 11:55:18 PM »
@Narinn2045

There's no actual game mechanic that links gluttony and starvation as mutually effecting.
That's just me thinking of ways to make the death seem more deserving, since gluttony is one of the "seven deadly sins" (according to Western Christianity).
Thank you for reading! :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: 2-4-6-8 Who Do We Appreciate? (new 09/05)
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2016, 04:15:08 AM »
3.27 The Mori Legacy: 2-4-6-8 Who Do We Appreciate?

Week 15/Friday

Donato: We wake up early and take a ridiculously short trip to the gym before the girls need to leave.
And now Dad’s mentoring me at home.
Nao: You’re a scrawny little teen today, but we’ll get you fixed up, son!

Carlos: I did a little collecting around the Willow Springs gym earlier, but now I’ve started in our hood.
I’ll be done with Curator in no time, except for the breeding frogs bit.

Ethernet: Yo, Fola, I think we got the hand movements down now, but we need some new choreo for our feet, you know?

Fola: Ethernet, I rather like not being an heir.  I’m done with Artistic Prodigy and you’ve finished Rambunctious and Artistic. Girl, we are so done with skilling!
Ethernet: I’m so glad we’re friends, Fola, but I leave here in four days.
If I get to go to the Landgraab Estate, promise me you’ll go there, too, k?

Marci: I’m so close to my last promotion that I can do anything I darn well please this morning.
I choose to gaze at the Let There Be Light Laser Show (Fun +5).

It should be my birthday today, but this pregnancy has frozen my age bar.
And yay! I’m in my second trimester now. Wanna feel my baby bump?

W: Hey, you, Nao!
Nao: You rang?
W: Stop watching the !#*%&$@% channel on TV right this instant. Do you want to get abducted and probed by aliens then come back pregnant?
Nao: *quickly changes to the Cooking Channel

Nao: After the girls are gone, I hire a nanny to look after Fabiol
But I end up having Donato fire her. She left Fabio crying for two hours without feeding him. That’s just unacceptable!

Carlos: We end up back at the Burners & Builders Gym so Donato and I can both be mentored.
Nami: Boys, see that lady staring at you, over there in the purple T-shirt? Whatever you do, never talk to her.
That’s your father’s sister and your Auntie Hana.

Nao: I’m going around meeting people, scoping out prospective baby mamas and baby daddies for my kids.
While I try to learn Eugene Akins traits, some sim named Breana (Evil, Jealous, Self-Assured) starts yelling at me.
*whips out Grandpa Kaoru’s Simray, named RayCharles
I guess she won’t be yelling at anyone for several hours…

Nao: Did you just complete the Investor career in two weeks, hun?
Marci: Yep, two one-day promotions and four two-day promotions! The family helped me out so much!
Nao: I’ve got three more vacation days to take, then I’m quitting my Space Ranger job.
Marci: That’s my plan, too! I want to start focusing on all of our kids full time!
Marci Mori, Queen of the Dropped Queues, I can’t believe you did it! Congratulations!

Marci: Now that I’m no longer working, I need to get serious about my Friend of the World aspiration.
Seems like I’ve been stuck at my last milestone, “Make 20 friends 13/20,” for weeks!
I see my dad, Paolo Rocca, and I are no longer friends, but I’ve no way to increase friendship with a ghost.

I invite over my co-worker Jaxon Bauman. He’s a young adult and a Good, Neat Insider.
 A shame he’s too old for my (future) girls!

Saturday

Carlos: Dude, did you meet Fabio yet? He just aged up!
Donato: Nope, not yet. Where is he? What’s he like?
Carlos: He’s out back and he’s a Good Rambunctious Scamp.

Donato: I’ve been wondering why you still look so, uh, fit, Grandma. Grandpa Zach always has back pains.
Nami: Well, your grandfather is an elder already. I’m younger than him but I also drank a Potion of Youth.
Donato: Oh, I see. That’s why you still look so young!
Nami: That’s right, Donato. Well, are we done here?
Donato: Yes, ma’am. Thank you for helping me max fitness.

Marci: I’ve run out acquaintances to befriend, so Nao invites over someone he met at Oasis Springs.
You’d never guess but Brennan Torrez is a gym trainer. Seriously, which bulge bigger, my belly or his thighs?

Nao: While Marci’s socializing, I go chat with my cousin, Lukia Mori.
Her mother (my mother’s twin, Arisa) passed away yesterday so I’d like to cheer her up.
Lukia doesn’t need any cheering up, it seems, but it’s nice talking with her, anyway.

Marci: I’ve been looking for my father-in-law since morning and finally find him near his home.
He helps me complete Friend of the World by becoming my twentieth friend.
And yes, when I ask him, he wants to feel his grandchild! Of course, he does!

Nao: I notice my age bar bubbling, which means my adult birthday is very close.
Following Watchette’s suggestion, I drink a Potion of Youth.
From now, only heirs will drink a Potion of Youth, but not their spouses or helpers, except in special cases of extreme favoritism. *coughs

Week 16/Sunday

Marci: With all the activities going on this morning, I give birth to Aoi at home at 8 a.m., our first naturally born daughter.
She’s the eighth child overall, but it still feels like we’re so far from the finish line!
Darn it, what’s preventing me from breast-feeding Aoi?
W: Just a sec, Marci. *queues chess games between the children so they stop heading for the baby

Nao: Uncle Nio phones to say that it’s Guys’ Night, so I take the twins out to Narwhal Arms.
Donato: At the club, I meet a ghost named Frank Biello. He says he used to live at our house.
Frank: Yeah, so back in the day, I was a Criminal and moved in as Nami Mori’s secondary spouse.
Donato: For real? Grandma used to roll with, like, a gangster? Did you know her son Naoki? That’s my dad.

Frank: Unfortunately, I got devoured by a cowplant before your dad was born. In fact, my death probably made room in the house for your father, boy!
Donato: Here, look at these photos. Here’s my dad and mom. That’s Uncle Sora; he’s insane but super cool!
And here’s Arlo and Blysse, my twin brother Carlos, Ethernet and….
Frank: Wow! That’s some family you have there! Makes it all worth it! *gazes happily at the family photos

Tuesday

Marci: Around two hours past midnight, Ethernet ages up to a teen.
Ethernet, who was an adorable little girl, becomes predictably stunning, a total knock-out!

She’s now a Mean Active Serial Romantic and moves into the Landgraab Estate with Arlo.

Marci: As soon as Ethernet is out of the house, Nao and I make like bunnies.
I’ll spare you shots of the baby-making and pregnancy test, but when I share the big news with Nao…
Nao: Ahhh, that’s wonderful news, dear! Number nine is on its way!

In the morning, around the same time the kids leave for school, Aoi’s birthday arrives.
Our eighth child and first natural-born daughter is now a Creative Artistic Prodigy with dark-brown eyes. 

Comparing childhood photos, Aoi rather resembles our stalker Hana as a child (not a compliment).
Unlike her brothers Carlos and Donato, Aoi has also inherited her Grandpa Zach’s squinting left eye from her dad.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Aoi and we also have two more daughters to go!

Author’s Notes

My apologies if these last few updates have been more disorienting and incoherent than usual.
No doubt the “10 children in one generation” milestone was designed to make the gameplay feel overwhelming, hectic, and busy.

At this point, Marci and Nao have had/adopted 8 children. Here’s a recap of their progress:
•   Children adopted and moved out (3):  Arlo, Blysse, and Ethernet
•   Children adopted but still at home (2): Fola and Fabio
•   Naturally-born children (3): Carlos, Donato, and Aoi

A big thank you for reading!

anything