Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132056 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: The Mori Legacy: The Hot Banana (new 10/04)
« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2016, 02:40:57 AM »
Wow! Late to the party, apologies for that, but Banana is stunning! I love her red hair and she's got such style!
Welcome baby Paolo! Man, I'm so glad to see the Mori's back in swing again!

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2016, 07:23:51 PM »
Oh, I see now. I thought the only way to find Day of the Dead celebrants was to just see them around town. Summoning them with tombstones seems like it would be much easier for me to remember to do.

I'm really glad Banana is going to be the heir. She's gorgeous!
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2016, 07:38:10 PM »
@LivvieLove
I don't know how regularly I'll be swinging, but I've regained my love for this family. :D
You don't know how relieved I am that Banana is so pretty. I was starting to think that Hana cursed us, lol.

@Narinn2045
After dark, when you click on a tombstone, you'll get the option to "Make a sugar skull offering" or something like that.
The interaction has a 24-hour cooldown apparently. I haven't tried it a second night yet.
During the day, though, I return the tombstones to the family inventory. I noticed that some of my sims were out there mourning sims they'd never even met. Can't have that, right?
Banana thanks you for the compliment! Thanks for reading!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Joy Ephemeral
« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2016, 07:24:54 AM »
3.32 The Mori Legacy: Joy Ephemeral

Week 19/Monday

Banana: Thanks for helping me with my homework, Dad.
I was almost finished writing my first song when I realized that I have school Monday morning.
Since I caked up Sunday morning, I was rather hoping I’d have Monday off!
Nao: Let’s do your extra credit, too, while we’re at it.

Donato: I’m in the Confidence Room where I just successfully negotiate a bonus for my career.
I’m definitely maxing Bodybuilder by Wednesday at the very latest.
Our objectives as Generation 4 are to complete three careers and earn four or five more retail perks for our store.
Right now, my life feels perfect!

Nao: Hey, Stevie, are you phoning to join a career?
Stevie: That’s right. Banana won’t be a teen for 13 more days so I’d be the only one working until then.
Nao: And if you choose the Master of the Real career, your work schedule will be close to Banana’s.
Stevie: That makes it easier for everyone to work at the store when Banana and I come home.
And I already completed the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration.  I’ll just need to work on Charisma.
Piece of cake!

Banana: Why do we have to stay up so late to make the sugar skull offerings?
Carlos: There’s a 24-hour cooldown and the first time we did it, it was around this time.
Donato: It’s not worth staying up so late. Maybe we should just skip a night and start 9-pm cycles instead.
Marci: Check out we girls making our sugar skull offerings!

Nao: We didn’t notice the night before, but the tombstone glows when a sim’s “gesture of respect is appreciated” by the dead.
Marci: The first time, only my offering was accepted.
Donato: This time, everyone except Dad makes a successful offering.
Nao: What could I be doing wrong?

Donato: Two celebrants show up immediately, so Dad and I each head for one.
Everyone else is busy—Banana’s writing a song for her aspiration, while Carlos and Stevie are doing work-related tasks.
After we become friends, Nasir Cheek quite vehemently rejects my first request for a sugar skull!
Following a few more friendly socials, though, he gives me a unique sugar skull!

Nao: This celebrant, named Luka Cartwright, is a new acquaintance. His lavender outfit and make-up are great!
W: Wow, you’re pretty amazing, Nao. You befriend him by simply introducing yourself?
Nao: I wonder how this works. If we leave our neighborhood, would we meet more celebrants than last time?
Anyway, after Luka and I become good friends, he readily gives me the sugar skull I request.

Nao: Quite frankly, I’m not digging this challenge at all.
Donato: Those are my skulls on the top row. They’re both unique—Jeff and Nadia!
Nao: Mine are on the second row—Art and two Jeffs.  How pathetic and frustrating!

Donato: By the way, Dad, how are you able to befriend sims so quickly?
Nao: You, Carlos, and I all maxed Social and Charisma, but only I completed the Social Butterfly aspiration.
Donato: Seems to make a tremendous difference!

Banana: I’m off to my first day of high school. I wonder who I’ll meet today!

Marci: I notice that Donato’s fun is flagging at work so I teleport to our Book of Life Room.
As soon as I start reading his Book of Life, his final promotion triggers. Way to go, son!
Oh, Donato needs to write Books of Life for Stevie and their son Paolo!

Donato: I really didn’t expect to earn my final promotion in a single day!
Successfully negotiating a bonus really helped.
Thanks also to Dad for the aromatherapy massage and to Mom for reading my Book of Life!
Donato is, like, Paolo Rocca 2.0!

Donato: This challenge is getting a bit ridiculous!
Watchette recently learned that multiple sims may receive different skulls from the same celebrant.
Just as we’re gathered in the backyard so I can phone in my wedding with Stevie, Watchette spies two previous celebrants and another new one. *sighs
On the plus side, we make huge strides in tonight’s collecting! Thanks to @Franki for the great tips!

Stevie: Around 9 o’clock, Donato phones in the wedding party.
Nao: Let’s not bother placing seats in front of the wedding arch. Nobody sits in them, anyway.

Donato: My gorgeous Stevie, I will cherish you for as long as we both shall live.
Stevie: Donato, my love, I will adore you with every breath I take.

Carlos: Though a simple wedding, Donato invites lots of guests.
He invites all the immediate family including our many siblings (but not sister Aoi or auntie Hana, hehe).

Nao: I’m the only assigned staff and I tend bar. My brother, the insane klepto Sora looks really well.
Behind Sora on the right, you can see Mom’s brother Nio.
On the left is one of the celebrants.
Curiously, the three celebrants we met tonight--although uninvited--also change to formal wear and join the party.

W: As you can see, Marci is at her elegant best.
Discreetly moving behind the scenes, she helps out with the party from the shadows.
She calls the guests to the meal and generally ensures everyone is having a good time.
I’m being sarcastic.
That’s Marci ungracefully getting out of the pool, where she’d been swimming since the ceremony.
Thankfully, Nao and Carlos have been reliable helpers. Sheesh.

Donato: After the wedding, Stevie and I go on some home dates since we can't take a honeymoon with our baby.
After four gold medal dates, the unexpected happens at the end of our fifth date.

Remember that Stevie is a goofball? Even with three VIP buckets enabled, she suddenly goes hysterical.

Donato: When I interact with Grim, I see the option to “Seduce into sparing Stevie,” which I choose.
W: Forgive me, Donato. I’ve never played a challenge where sims may plead for life extension.

Donato: But my plea falls on deaf ears. In fact, Grim seems rather angry.

Oh Grim, how heartless of you to steal my beloved on our wedding night!

Tuesday

Donato: That’s a good boy. Please drink the bottled milk. Can you smile for your daddy?
I’m so sorry, my little Paolo, but it’s just you and me now.

W: Seeing Donato bottle-feeding Paolo made me so sad that I saved my game and quit playing for several hours.
When I reloaded the game, I find little Paolo standing on Donato’s forearm and Donato with a mysterious smirk.
Will Paolo grow up to be a magical child?

Remarks

I was utterly shocked by Stevie’s abrupt death by laughter. The combined boosts from the “New Baby” and “Just Married” moodlets must have pushed goofball Stevie’s Playful mood into Hysterical.
Now I know. If a goofball sim gets too many +Happy boosts, I should make them go to bed and sleep it off.
Her death represents this legacy's second Death by Laughter, although the first one was orchestrated for the purpose of earning legacy points.

Little Paolo ages up to a child in 36 more sim-hours. 
Gone astray is my original plan for this update to end on Paolo’s birthday.

Dearest Stevie Wharton, Donato and the family were overjoyed to find you.
On Sunday, you gave birth to Paolo.
On Monday, Donato maxed his career, you and Donato got married, you two became BFFs, you enjoyed four gold-medal home dates, and then you vanished.

Rest in Peace, beautiful one. Your sudden passing saddens our hearts.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Joy Ephemeral (new 10/11)
« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2016, 10:05:34 AM »
Oh, gosh! What a shock! Poor Stevie! She was quite lovely and had so much going for her. Too much, I guess.
I am amazed by Paolo the magic baby! I think he and Donato must have been trying to cheer you up. I think we must expect great things from this one. :)
Grim is a fool, by the way. I'm astonished that anyone could resist a seductive plea from Donato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Joy Ephemeral (new 10/11)
« Reply #215 on: October 11, 2016, 07:29:43 PM »
Oh no!  That is just too awful.  On her wedding night!  Are there rules against resurrecting her, like with ambrosia or something?  I was definitely looking forward to seeing more of her.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Honoring the Dead
« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2016, 07:08:00 PM »
@FrancescaFiori
Yes, I was beyond shocked by Stevie's death! Thank you for cheering me up with your thoughts on Paolo the Magical Baby, lol.
Well, it's only a few days extra whether Grim accepts the seduction or a death flower. Seriously, I'd never been so tempted to restart my game without saving, as when Stevie died!

@Joria
Legacy rules prohibit resurrecting ghosts--Stevie's gone. Thank you, Joria. I'd been so happy to find her and had big plans for Donato and Stevie.

Thank you both for reading, ladies! If not for you two, I'm not sure I'd keep writing this story. Thanks for being faithful readers! <3
The legacy household's sims lead different day-to-day lives, depending on the objectives I've set for each generation. I think some generations just aren't as interesting as others. Like, Gen2 Nami's generation was crazy because of all the deaths.
On the other hand, writing about all of Gen3's children became really repetitive and the gameplay become super tiring as well.

By the way, did I mention that I'm in sim-love with Paolo now? hahaha

3.33 The Mori Legacy: Honoring the Dead

Week 19/Tuesday

Nao: Before we officially start, may I just say that good help is hard to find?
I discover our new maid preparing to soak in the tub with a book! Why isn't he busy doing what he's paid for like, you know, cleaning?

Donato: After checking that Carlos has earned his final promotion, my parents and I along with Banana packing her violin go out to seek more celebrants.
Suddenly, we get Paolo’s birthday notice. I’d forgotten that Stevie hadn’t taken a pregnancy test. Paolo's birthday is tonight, not Wednesday!
Marci: Not surprisingly, Paolo is just adorable! Like father, like son!

Carlos: Sorry about changing out of my career outfit. Everyone was out when I came home from work.
W: No worries, Carlos. You did a superb job of completing the Pro Athlete career as a young adult. Congratulations!

Donato: Hearing that a child’s offering summons a child celebrant, Watchette of course can’t resist having us make offerings again.
Banana: At least it’s at 9:30 pm this time!
Paolo: Cool! My offering is accepted!

Donato: Paolo is a Whiz Kid who shares my Outgoing trait. To ease my heart’s sorrow, I read to him. People say he looks a lot like me!
Paolo: Dad, Grandma Marci is an ineffective mentor. And she keeps running off. Would you, Grandpa Nao, or Uncle Carlos mentor me next time?

Wednesday

Paolo: The next morning, I play chess before  school. Oh yeah, Dad mentoring is definitely the way to go!

Donato: Off he goes on his first day of school. *waves good-bye
By the way, Watchette, why don't we move in a porch gnome to handle mundane yet oh-so-important tasks like this?

Nao: In the evening, while the kids do their homework and work on aspirations, the adults seek the last sugar skull.
As on previous nights, Jasmine Holiday strolls by our lot, decked out in her orange jacket with the sugar skull motif on the back.

Donato: I’m the one who receives the ninth unique skull, thus completing our collection.

Donato: Adding the final skull to the case results in a tenth gold skull appearing at the top of the case.

And me? I’m instantly transformed into one of the celebrants.
It’s too late to save Stevie, but how fitting that I’m chosen to be the one to “honor the dead.”

Nao: I’d like to say that we’re now ready to return to our regular programming.
But talking with you in your celebrant’s garb, Donato, is somewhat distracting.
Donato: It’s fine, Dad. Consider this my mourning apparel. I’m a grieving widow, you know.
Anyway, now we spend almost every moment the kids aren’t at school at the store, right?
Nao: Yes, we’ll remodel the store’s second floor so the kids can learn skills and aspirations upstairs while the adults work the store.

Paolo: I won’t get an A grade before the weekend to finish Whiz Kid, so I ask Dad to help me level my Motor skill.
Donato: I’ll coach you in swimming, which is faster than Practice Typing. You need Motor level 4 to play Keyboard Commander.

Paolo: Hey, Dad, it’s weird seeing you with a hat in the pool.
Donato: I'd thought we’d finally be done with the Day of the Dead festivities when I jump into the pool.
Imagine my surprise when I don’t change into my swimming trunks.

Banana: I’m almost done with my Musical Genius aspiration.
I just need to spend  another day playing a musical instrument then mentor somesim for 3 hours.
Thanks for mentoring me, Mom.

Uh, Mom, is it just my imagination or does Watchette spend more time with Donato and Paolo than with me?
Marci: Don’t worry, Banana. She has always favored Donato, but Stevie died last night, remember?

Thursday

Marci: I can’t believe that I age up to an elder in two days, even with my four pregnancies!
Nao drank a Potion of Youth on the morning of his adult birthday, so he won’t be an elder for 14 more days.
W: Marci, how would you like to volunteer to serve as this legacy’s Death by Starvation, Marci?
Marci: No, thanks.
W: All right-ee, then. Moving on…

Friday

Nao: Once we confirm that Paolo has earned an A grade at school, we adults head for the store.
There’s just the four of us to cater to the many customers drawn to Mori’s Emporium.
Marci: As you can see, we’ve displayed dozens of paintings we created for sale.
Nao: Yes, the household’s been saving them ever since buying the store.

Carlos: Dad’s thrilled to hire Grandma Nami and Great-Uncle Nio as store employees.
But the dynamic duo spends a lot of time sitting around or chatting with each other.
We’re just too busy to put time into praising and scolding them at the moment.
Nao: Regardless, it’s great to see Mom and Uncle Nio looking so healthy and happy!

Nao: It’s been one long day, hasn’t it? The last time our family worked here, I was still a teenager! Good work, everyone! We did superbly today.
Marci: We sold 27 items, made a profit of 17,146 simoleons, and earned 1,600 perk points.
Carlos: I guess the store gets easier for each generation, due to the accumulated retail perks.
Donato: Let’s buy Serious Shopper for 1,300 points next!

Nao: Now that we’re home, does anyone have suggestions for earning retail perks more efficiently?
Carlos: Today, we sold a lot of our own small paintings that, when sold, we replace instead of restock. Don’t we miss out on perk points by not restocking?
Nao: You’re right, Carlos! Let’s sell off all our paintings and sell only Buy Mode objects.
There’s no shame in following Queen Nutella’s retail strategy!

Banana: I also have something to say about the store, Dad. Paolo and I were bored stiff upstairs.
If we’re going to spend such long hours there, please help Paolo and I either be more productive or have more fun!
Donato: Why don’t you two make a club with your classmates? Y’all can hang out in the picnic area until it gets dark.

Nao: Actually, if we have other stellar days like today, you’ll only have to work there three or four more days.
And as the future Gen4 heir, Banana, you should be helping out at the store, too.
Earning 4,800 perk points is one of Gen4’s main objectives, you know.

Paolo: If you don’t mind, I don’t want to start a club until after I’ve reached the last tier of Social Butterfly.
Nao: That’s a smart move, boy. I’ll go try the adopt-then-cancel strategy to see if we can generate more sims your age.

Banana: Uncle Carlos is a Music Lover like me, so mentoring him in guitar to complete my Musical Genius aspiration was easy and fun!
Now, I can move on to other aspirations!

Saturday

Donato: Auntie Banana has started the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration and, since I got an A grade on Friday, I’ll be ready to start my last aspiration, Social Butterfly, later today.
Marci: Well, since you kids seem to be doing so well, would you mind if we celebrate my birthday? My age bar’s been bubbling for hours now.

Paolo: Grandma, why are you in your pajamas if you plan to celebrate your birthday?
Marci (coughs): Grandpa and I have been on several home dates today, so…uh…yeah.

Marci: It’s the day I’ve long dreaded—my elder birthday! I wouldn’t mind so much if Nao wasn’t so much younger than me now!
Nao: Oh come on, Marci. Be a sport! You are in good health and have raised a wonderful family! Happy birthday, sweetheart!
Carlos, Donato, and Banana: A very happy birthday, Mom!

Banana: I’m never going to throw a birthday party, Dad. For me, it'll be dinner parties all the way!
No toasts, no “compliment the birthday sim,” no “play a game with the birthday sim,” and so on.
Marci: Not to change the subject, but I love that we’re all wearing the Day of the Dead outfits.  Carlos and Donato, why the cowboy hats?
Carlos: Are you kidding me? I’m never wearing a top hat with flowers on it! Puh-leeze! Um, though, Dad looks really cool in his hat.
Nao: Nice follow-up, Carlos. I almost believe you!

Marci: Thanks for making dessert, Carlos. I didn’t think we’d earn a gold medal without any outside guests, but we did!
W: Thanks to me, too, Marci! I had to lock the door to the hallway because, like you typically do during parties, you kept offering massages to other sims. Why?

A big thank you to @reggikko for reminding me about the "open the adoption menu then cancel" strategy.
I checked Household Management a few days after I had Nao do this and found three new households with a mother and a baby as well as six new households with a mother and a child, all "Currently not-in-the-world" households.

I went a little crazy with screenshots of the Day of the Dead Challenge because I love the costumes and decorations; sorry about that!

Thank you for reading!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Honoring the Dead (new 10/12)
« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2016, 11:12:51 PM »
Aww, I'm late, but poor Stevie and Donato! That made me really sad. :(
I'm glad Paolo is doing ok though. He's such a handsome boy!
Happy birthday to Marci and hopefully Banana is aging up soon so we can get to work on generation 4! I can't wait to see that gorgeous girl as an adult! Your makeovers are always so good, Oshizu!
I apologize for my silence for a lot of this, I'm usually a lot better at commenting, but I've been so busy with midterms lately. I'm all wrapped up with them now, thank goodness, which means I can catch up and be devastated by the gorgeous Stevie's death. :(

I still vote Marci for the starvation death, but perhaps I'm being too hard on her.  ::)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2016, 12:31:16 AM »
Oh, man. Paolo is the cutest! What a little sweetie. I agree, though, that the house definitely needs a porch gnome (with, perhaps, trashcan and mailbox assistants) to send children off to school. :)
Banana gets cuter every time I see her, which is good because if she didn't I'd be seriously considering urging Paolo to stage a coup and take over as heir.
Naturally Donato gets the last sugar skull. Congratulations on completing the collection! The swimming lesson in costume was eerie but beautiful.
And lastly, happy birthday to Marci! She did a lot of good work for the dynasty. I'm sure she and the Watcher are both relieved that she's no longer of child-bearing age. ;)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2016, 12:40:35 AM »
@LivvieLove

Wahhh, I can't believe Stevie's gone!
Banana ages up in just six more sim-days so we're hyped up about the spouse search!
I hope your midterms went well, Livvie, and I have been waiting for your 2.0 chapters to accumulate before tackling your rewritten tale. I really can't wait!

Oh, your vote for Marci's death by starvation means so much to me! I even mention this again in the update I'm working on now.
*whispers in a small voice: As an elder, she only has about 10 more days left anyway... plus she is vastly annoying!

@FrancescaFiori
It's possible that Paolo may end up even better-looking than his papa.
I will have to scour the cc cosmos in search of the appropriate porch mascot, since I used a gnome already in my Apocalypse Challenge, hehe.

Ugh, Marci. Though I have to admit that she's the conduit for Paolo Rocca's genes and she helped bring Donato into the world, so I begrudgingly salute her.
But only begrudgingly...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2016, 01:56:23 AM »
@oshizu
Aw, thank you! I was wondering if you had been reading or not, I was curious as to what you thought of Majnun's makeover. ::) I'm a wee bit obsessed with him now (well, a lot more now, but... heh, I guess you'll find out why soon enough).
My midterms? Well I hope they went well too. Honestly at this point I'm just glad they're over with so I can get back to writing more! Thank you for such kind words though.
I honestly agree with you on Marci, she seems really annoying to be honest, and while she did have 10 children... that's no excuse for being a drag on everyone else! She reminds me of Hana in that way. She's done all she can... save for one more thing and that's dying to help the family move forward.
I'd say it's a noble way to go, honestly. ;)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2016, 07:43:09 AM »
I really enjoyed all of the photos this time.  Your redheads are very attractive and little Paolo is the cutest!  The "day of the dead" wall with the skulls and décor was spot on.  Nice job with everything!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2016, 04:16:45 PM »
Believing that all life is sacred, I really dislike the fact you have to "off" people in order to complete a legacy.  However, Marci has lived a long and fruitful life and if anyone has to sacrifice themselves for this story it should be she.  Make her a nice, comfy room with a bed and jon and wall her in and get it over with.

Paolo is adorable.  He would also make a good heir but I'm definitely a gorgeous banana fan.

About your retail store.  If you take away the comfy chairs etc. your Sims will spend more time shopping and selling and making profit and perk points.  Also, if you put those who need to learn violin or any other instrument, playing in your store they will attract customers while achieving music goals.  Give the kids upstairs enough stuff to do and play with, including a jungle gym, to skill them up and keep them from being bored, or, as you suggested, get them to do a club and go to the park area.

I love your honoring the dead decor!  The costumes are really great in my opinion and the different decor items makes me wish my dynasty wasn't a no buy!  I want, I want!  Too funny with the swimming in the clothes though.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2016, 06:42:22 PM »
@Caterina
I'm always surprised at your fascination with the redheads! As a result, I sometimes think "Oh, I should center this shot around Carlos for Caterina." lol
Will you be doing a mini-story with your Build Newcrest challenge? It would be fun to see our sims in new contexts and clothing.

@Joria
As I mentioned in a recent PM, this legacy urges me to play in new ways which, I guess, was the whole point of trying a legacy challenge.
With my OCD personality, though, I've started going after all the points. All the points seem obtainable except, uh, the 265 more gold-medal social events. Is that a joke?
You've had a lot more experience with retail than me. I was just wondering: that sofa is the TechGuru's Hipster sofa which emits a Focused mood.
I read somewhere that getting customers focused was a good thing.

I love the color Day of the Dead items. I plan to later upload a little room with all the objects to download later when/if I start a new game.
But I just realized that I won't get the costumes. That's just too sad!  ;_;

Yes, Banana really turned out beautiful! Someday I will play a game where Paolo is part of the active household!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Retail Fail
« Reply #224 on: October 14, 2016, 12:33:07 AM »
3.34 The Mori Legacy: Retail Fail

Week 19/Saturday

Marci: Now that the party’s over, what’s on the agenda for today?
Banana: Can we drop by the art museum for my Painter aspiration? After that, I’d be happy to work in the store.
Carlos: Let’s work in the store in these outfits today, people. What do you think?

Donato: Let’s wait until Paolo completes his last two drawings, then we can be off.
He can bring along a violin and finish his aspiration there.

Banana: I just removed the painting from this easel! Why can’t I paint on it?
Nao: Because Marci claimed the easel before you could start. Marci, your easel hogging frustrates us all to no end!!!
Don’t you realize that our daughter is trying to complete an aspiration?
W: At this point, you may die of starvation rather than old age, Marci dear. Just saying.
And, incidentally, go spray the bugs!

W: You look really awesome in those outfits, people!
Carlos: I just noticed, but why does Donato get cowboy boots but I’m just wearing sneakers?
W: Would you remind me when we get home, Carlos, and I’ll get you cowboy boots. Happy now?

Paolo: While I'm practicing in front of the shop, Great-Grandma Nami shows up first.
Dad says she didn’t do much at the store last time, so I ask her to mentor me.

Marci: After closing the store after a long and exhausting day, we check all the merchandise has been restocked.

Nao: Donato’s been such a helpful family member that I forget that he has the Lazy trait.
This afternoon, I even catch him on his way home when he should be ringing up his customer.
Banana: It’s certainly odd, Dad. I never see Donato napping at home.

Paolo: The first part of Social Butterfly is easy. I just enter the shop and introduce myself to customers.
Now that Mori’s Emporium is closed, Dad and I have time to become BFFs.
It’s time to look for club members!

Banana: Would you please check on Grandma Nami, Carlos?
I wanted to let her clock out early but she seems stuck in a bathroom.
Carlos: I find five women crowded into a single bathroom, all with Uncomfortable moodlets.

W: Wait, Carlos, why do you have to crowd in there with them? And why are you smirking?
You could have just peeked in the door! Do I need to narrow the bathrooms from a 3-tile to a 1-tile width? 

Carlos: Grandma Nami’s been there for hours, Watchette! Will they still be here when we get back?

W: I just realized that’s the “Men’s Bathroom” door. Were they able to enter but not leave?
Is the problem caused by the door (which I’d never used before) or the 3-tile room width?

Banana: So how did we do tonight, Dad?
Nao: Well, we earned 1,315 perk points, which is great, but we had outgoing costs of $3,901.
Carlos: Oh, because we restocked the paintings instead of replacing them?
Nao: Yes, that’s right. We should also choose 4-5 of our own paintings in various price ranges to sell and restock.
Donato: I agree. Selling only items ranging from $200 to $600 is for the birds.

Carlos: So we can earn the Fortune category’s 10th point in one of two ways.
One, we can run a retail shop and buy all 20 retail perks for 18,950 perk points.
Or, two, we reach a total family worth of $5.7 mil, which combines our home lot’s value and the shop’s business funds.
Nao: Yes, we all know that. What’s your point, son?
Carlos: Right now, we have a home lot worth close to $1 mil, over $4 mil in household funds, and $2.7 mil in business funds.
Why don’t we simply transfer funds to the shop?
Nao: I can’t believe you just said that, Carlos. Where’s the fun in that?
Carlos: Oh please, we all know that you’ve already transferred $2.5 mil to the shop!
Nao: Shhhhh. We’re gonna earn all 20 retail perks, case closed.

Carlos (whispers): Pssst, Dad! Why are you wearing guyliner!?

Week 20/Sunday

Banana: Painting has been so relaxing and peaceful this morning.
It’s nice not to have to fight off Mom for the easels.  Where is she, anyway?
W: I’m getting better at keeping her busy and far away from the skilling objects.

Nao: Now that Marci’s back from her first space mission, let’s see about earning more perk points.
I went online this morning to Carl's Forum and reviewed Queen Nutella’s retail strategy.
We’ve packed the shop with items to avoid restocking during business hours and we’re dropping the profit margin to 10%.

Carlos: I thought Queen Nutella used a 5% profit margin.
Nao: I just can’t bring myself to drop it that low. Call me miserly! Oh darn it, we can only choose 5% or 15%! 5% it is, then.

Donato: Incidentally, Watchette, did you figure out the problem with that bathroom? Carlos looked too happy all squished in there with the ladies last night.
I’m ashamed to admit that I’d never used these gender-specific bathroom doors before.
I’d installed the male-only doors facing the wrong way. I left one door unfixed so you can see my mistake.
That’s why female sims could enter the bathroom, but then couldn’t leave. Still, that doesn’t explain why they all entered the same stall…

Paolo: I decide against calling a gathering of the kids’ club I started.
Instead, I’m going to invite the club members over and befriend them one at a time.

Carlos: Before the customers start arriving, I want to thank Watchette for the cowboy boots.
I love them and hope that @Caterina approves!

Banana: Donato is gone when we start restocking so I go look for him. I find him napping on a bench outside the shop. This store really brings out his Lazy side.
Anyway, we did really well today, folks, earning 1,200 more points.
Combined with yesterday’s points, we have 2,500 points to buy Cheaper Restocking.

But when we open the Retail Perks menu, we find that all our previously bought perks are gone!
Nao: Such bad luck! And here I was, talking big about earning all 20 perk points.
Banana: I really don’t want to use cheats to re-buy our lost perks, Dad!
Nao: So I transfer $3 mil to the shop

Nao: With our home lot valued over $930,000, we now have a family worth of roughly $6.6 million.
Donato: Darn it, we really didn’t want to do it this way, but it’s still better than using cheats.
Banana: Before we go home, let’s sell off the store and the lot!

W: It’s not how I wanted to play it, but we’re now done with the Fortune category. *shrugs

Banana: Losing all our retail perks really leaves a bitter aftertaste.
Before we leave, let’s go into Build Mode and bulldoze this stupid shop!
Donato: I agree, sis. I never want to see it again!

Carlos: Tonight was incredibly stressful! Earning the perks, losing the perks, selling the store, then bulldozing that lot!
Heck, I’m ready to just go to bed with the hope that tomorrow brings a better day!
Banana: My feelings exactly!
W: Me, three! *feels really dejected

Remarks

This game hates me! How disappointing about the retail perks, considering the family was so close to having earned 50% of the required perk points. Gaaahhhh!

Thank you for reading! Sorry this was such a failed update! Also, sorry for all the numbers!

To the next chapter