Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132068 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Retail Fail (new 10/13)
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2016, 12:51:15 AM »
Aww. Boo! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Glitches are the worst. Cowboy boots, on the other hand, are the best, and I have to say that your family really did retail in style!
Your bathroom door fiasco made me laugh. I've definitely done that. At least Carlos was pleased!
Oh, Marci. *shakes head* Your days are so numbered.
Also, go Paolo, go! He gets cuter (and more accomplished) every time I see him!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2016, 07:36:31 AM »
Thank you for the mention in your story.  It made me giggle out loud.  Tell Carlos I approve.  It's very unfortunate what happened with the retail perks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2016, 08:27:09 PM »
Whelp, I'm all caught up! :)

What a wonderful legacy story, and I'm pretty awed at your strategising skills (especially with Nami's spouses - that was great!). I've never really tried for the deaths point in a legacy - it always seemed like a lot of work for just one point, but now that I've seen it (almost) happen, I may be able to give it a go next time I try a legacy.

The ten kids was also a bit of a whirlwind, but I'm glad you got through it. I think it's a callback to the impossible wishes point we used to have in TS2, when family sims would randomly wish to 'have ten kids'. But yeah, it also makes things super chaotic.

To comment on the more recent chapter, I'm sorry you had such terrible luck with the retail shop. I haven't played around with sim-owned businesses much in TS4 - are they as annoying as I think they would be?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2016, 08:41:29 PM »
@FrancescaFiori and @Caterina
I'm glad you both approve of the cowboy boots. I'm sure that's not how the Day of the Dead costumes were intended, but Donato and Carlos sure look cute with the cowboy hats and boots, lol.
Carlos is so funny! I moved him outside that bathroom so I could take a screenshot, but next thing I know he's squeezed himself in there, too. With a smile, no less.

@Whirligig
Thank you for reading. And yes, it's a pretty crazy story. So many unexpected incidents have happened and this legacy has really changed my gameplay, which was the point of starting it, I guess.
As for the store, grrrr, I went to bed early last night after that, hahaha.
On the other hand, I'm in the midst of the forum tournament's Restaurant Wars challenge right now and it's been super fun!
At least, so far.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2016, 03:41:55 PM »
Those bathroom doors are awful!  I've done the same thing which is why I never use the ones that are gender specific anymore.  Agreeing with everyone on the boots and hats with those outfits.  Your Sims look great.  Loosing perks is the worst.  I had that happen once as well.  Talk about frustrating!  Glad you're having fun with the restaurant challenge.  Keep smiling!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2016, 08:56:14 PM »
Wow that is awful! I'm so sorry you went through all that work only to have it get glitched on you, @oshizu!
For what it's worth, I admire your efforts! I would've given up a lot sooner...
Congratulations on another category completed though!
(Still voting to have Marci starve to death)...
What a lovely Mori update!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #231 on: October 20, 2016, 12:23:56 AM »
@Joria and @LivvieLove
Thanks so much for commiserating about the lost retail perks! I'm totally over it now! :D

3.35 The Mori Legacy: "Stressed" Spelled Backwards

Week 20/Monday

W: Hey, Paolo! Everyone else has gone to bed! Why are you still awake?
Paolo: Because of the store, I couldn’t concentrate on finishing Social Butterfly lately.
So I'm going to drink a moodlet solver and chat with peeps online. I still need one child friend and two adult friends.
W: Why don’t you just wait until tomorrow?
Paolo: You're right. I'll just finish befriending my classmate Eddie then call it a day. I hope this week will be more fun!
W: So sorry, Paolo! The shop ended up being not so much fun for any of us!

Banana: Why is Dad playing chess in the now-empty Sauna Room? And isn’t that Breanna Summer?
Marci: Yeah, she’s that evil, jealous, self-assured sim that randomly yells at Dad when she runs into him in town.
Donato: Oh yeah, I remember she got out of hand once, and he froze her with his simray, RayCharles. Then he left her there, frozen, behind the Oasis Spring gym. Too funny!

Banana: Okay, so Dad lures Breanna into that room with the chess set. Now what?
Donato: Watchette decided to spare Mom, so Dad chose Breanna as her replacement.
Banana: We have to be very careful! I hear Grandma Nami blew the starvation thing once already!
Donato: No leaving the lot and, especially, no planning outfits!

Banana: Hey cuz, look over here! We have a new ice cream maker!
Paolo: Cool! We’re having ice cream for breakfast?

Nao: What flavor is this?
Banana: It’s pistachio gelato topped with whipped cream and garnished with banana slices.
Donato: I can’t believe we’re having this for breakfast, though.
Banana: Well, “Stressed” spelled backwards is Desserts, you know! I feel better about that dumb shop already!
It’s like I failed my first mission as heir! No, no, no! I refused to dwell on it!

Marci: Why are you and Carlos standing in front of Sauna Room, dearest?
Nao: Check it out! I lured that meanie Breanna in there early this morning.
Weird thing is, she entered the room as a brunette but now she’s a grey-haired elder!
Marci: Not so weird, Nao. I remember being jealous that you befriended her for your Social Butterfly aspiration!
Carlos: Do you think fate decided to destroy our shop so Breanna would come here in time?

Paolo: I just need two adult friends, so I decide to check out Santiago Leyvas.
The fam’s been discussing whether he’d be a good hazubando for Banana. I want to see for myself.
Obviously he doesn’t work out, but Dad and Uncle Carlos could fix that!

Paolo: Besides the slightly flabby abs, Santiago is an all right dude! I approve! And thanks for being my friend!

Paolo: For my final friend, I kill two birds with one stone and ask Great-Great-Uncle Nio to mentor me in logic.
We become friends and I level my Logic skill at the same time. Great-Great-Uncle Nio’s the best!
Um, do you mind if I just call you “Uncle Nio”?

W: When do you become a young adult, Banana? You’re not leading such a thrilling teen life, you know!
Banana: Hey, it’s not my fault if there aren’t any attractive teens around.
And except for Santiago, all the young adults in the simverse are my siblings! *sighs
Anyway, my birthday’s on Saturday, Watchette! I thought you were going to introduce me to someone!
W: I was! But now’s not the time. Breanna’s an elder now, so our window of opportunity is smaller.
Banana: Whatever. Thanks for the ice cream maker!

Marci: Watchette? I just want to thank you for sparing me the indignity of starving to death in front of my family.
I realize I haven’t been the most focused sim, but I’ve never intended to be a contrarian.
Breanna really looks a mess in there, but she was the meanest kid in both grade school and high school!
I almost feel sorry for her, almost.  Then again, better Breanna than me!
W: Marci, aren’t you bored with the Day of the Dead outfits yet?

Nio: And over there, you can see the stars of Vega the Weaving Princess and Altair the Shepherd Boy.
Separated by the Milky Way, the two lovers are only allowed to meet once a year, on the seventh day of the seventh month.
Paolo: Ewww, that’s too soppy, Uncle Nio. Don’t you know any spy stories from when you were The Oracle?
Nio: Whatever happened to: “Thank you for helping me finish Social Butterfly, Uncle Nio.”  Hmmm?

Tuesday

Donato: What movie are you watching, Carlos?
Carlos: Dunno. There’s a dude in a bunny suit with a chainsaw, chasing everyone around.
Donato: I’ll pass, thanks.

Nao: Let’s go try out our new water slides, boys! Keep your eyes on me!
Carlos: Yawn, I saw a photo of Morris Spiffendale doing that trick a few days ago! Here I go!

Donato: Oh please, Carlos, I saw a photo of Mallory Spiffendale doing that same trick already!

Donato: Darn it, there aren’t any slide tricks left! Well, that excitement was short-lived. What’s next?
Nothing like mixing beats outside under the full moon!

Banana: Let me get this straight, Dad. Watchette found a gorgeous guy on the Gallery for me?
But she can’t show me a picture because of Breanna?
Nao: Yes, that’s right. Breanna arrived here Sunday around midnight, so we still have a while to wait.
Banana: Isn’t there anything I can do to expedite her starvation?
I’m dying to know if I’m going to be with gloomy-but-nice Santiago or Mr. McHotness.
Nao: How did you know that Gallery fella’s of Scottish descent?

Banana: Hey, isn’t that Athena MacDaniels, the evil, perfectionist slob? Wasn’t she a classmate of Carlos and Donato? I didn’t realize she got married.
Nao (coughs): She didn’t. Um, Donato’s been helping me with my Big Happy Family aspiration.
All I need to complete it is to “Have 4 grandchildren.” Paolo’s the first, of course.
Banana: Why don’t you just wait until I have children?
Nao: That’s over a week away still! I want to get the Patriarch trait to help you learn skills faster.

Banana: So how many grandchildren so far?
Nao (sheepishly): Athena’s baby will be the fourth. She’s expecting to deliver later tonight, in fact.

Hello, readers!
I reached the 25-image limit in the middle of a party, so I’m splitting this update in two.
The second part will be considerably shorter and will follow later tonight.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #232 on: October 20, 2016, 12:37:17 AM »
Banana is certainly easy-going! I like her very much. No opportunities for romance?  That's fine, as long as there's ice cream!
I'm so sorry the Spiffendales took the thrill out of the waterslide for you. I must say, Donato and Carlos look a lot more *ahem* youthful than Morris and Mallory in their swimwear. And, of course, there's always the failed slide animations for a bit more amusement. There's a couple of really painful-looking faceplants, although with their obvious athletic skill perhaps your guys are not going to suffer from those any time soon.
I have to say, I find that bunny-chainsaw movie genuinely terrifying. *shivers*
I hope Breanna doesn't hold out too much longer. I'm dying of curiousity over Mr. McHotness. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Banana and The Prune
« Reply #233 on: October 20, 2016, 03:53:08 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
Please don't apologize about the water slide tricks! I just wanted to acknowledge that my screenshots weren't original, haha.
I mean, I only bought the water slides because your sims looked like they were having so much fun. A few more slide tricks would have been nice!
As you will see, our mystery sim is more of a Mr. McCuteness than a Mr. McHotness, hehe. The Gallery really doesn't offer many sims to suit my tastes.
That's why it's always so thrilling to discover an awesome random townie like your Goopy, Joria's super-pollinator Daxon, or my recently departed Stevie.

3.36. The Mori Legacy: Banana and The Prune

Week 20/Wednesday

Donato: I’ve started working on Freelance Botanist, so I set up two planters away from our main garden downstairs.
But what does our gardener do? He completely ignores our much larger main garden and horns in on my two planters.
Go downstairs, dude! Sheesh! You’re totally spoiling my birthday day!

Donato: What did you want to talk about, Watchette?
W: Well, since you’re the Gen4 cadet, I’m wondering if you’d like to drink a Potion of Youth and stick around to help the legacy.
Donato: Because Paolo lost his mother, I’d really love to be here for him. Thanks!

Carlos: I hear from Donato that he won’t be ageing up to adult today, lucky guy!
But now that the kids are home from school, I’m celebrating my birthday in the never-before-used party room downstairs.
And I’m now officially an adult!

Carlos: It’s just a small dinner party. The only guests are Grandma Nami and possibly my future brother-in-law, Santiago.
Marci: This room is really spacious! For dinner parties, though, it really needs a kitchenette.

Banana: I really love this bar and the party room. I wonder why it’s usually kept locked up.
Nao: Probably because, whenever there’s a bar, we adults do nothing but mix drinks and drink.
Donato: I’d never been inside this room before and it’s right next door to my bedroom!

Banana: I decide it’s not a bad idea to get to know Santiago. He does have three unique traits.
For some reason, Carlos and Donato stick to me like glue.
Hello? Do I look like I need a chaperone? Is it because I’m a teen and Santiago’s a young adult?

Santiago: Well, hello, young lady! Are you a banana because I find you a-peeling!
Carlos: Uh oh, I don’t think that will go over very well with little sis.

Santiago: Here’s another one! Why did Banana go out with the prune?
Banana: Erm, I don’t know. You tell me!
Santiago: Because she couldn’t get a date.
Banana: *groans internally
Donato: Don’t overt-react, Banana. He probably just googled banana jokes on the internet to impress you.
Banana: Quotes from Banana Yoshimoto would impress me. But banana jokes, ugh.
Donato: Give him a break, Banana. For a gloomy sim, he’s really trying to be upbeat for you.

Banana: I can’t wait to learn about my other romantic options. What’s going on with Breanna, anyway?
Carlos: Breanna’s looking mighty grungy and unhappy.
Tonight around midnight, she’ll have been in that room for about 72 hours.

Donato: The Big Happy Family aspiration is no joke!
Thanks to Dad’s Patriarch trait, I go from Mixology Level 0 to Level 5 in one sim-hour.
Of course, I need to be near Dad to be affected by his Patriarch trait.

Banana: While I’m struggling with my homework, Santiago comes over to help with.
He may have awful taste in jokes, but he is quite the gentleman and very thoughtful, too.

Paolo: Watchette, did you hear the terrible news about Uncle Nio?
When Grandpa went to invite him to the party today, we found out he passed away!
Uncle Nio spent hours with me yesterday, mentoring me, stargazing, and just chatting.
I had no idea that he wasn’t feeling well! I should have let him go home! *sniffle, sniffle
W: Paolo, your Uncle Nio lived a long and adventurous life.
I’m sure he loved spending his last evening with you!

W: Hey, wanna see a photo of him from his younger days?
Here he is as a teen, being mentored by his father, the legacy founder Kaoru.
Nio was such a sweetheart but also a mischief-maker. As The Oracle, he struck terror in the hearts of the unjust and greedy.

Paolo: Whoa, what an awesome sim! He's like a super-hero! May his spirit rest in peace!

Banana: Yes, Mom? Thanks for interrupting us and making us stop stargazing.
No, Mom, I don’t need a massage now. I’m spending time with my friend, Santiago.

Santiago: Is your mother always so clueless?
Banana: Yeah, pretty much. She’s constantly offering or asking for massages at the wrong moment.
I wish she had a hobby. Maybe I could introduce her to Stardew Valley?
Santiago: Hey look at that falling star! Quick, make a wish!

Nao: I thought we were leveling your Mixology skill. Where’d you go?
Donato: Mom interrupted my mixing practice by offering me a massage, but Watchette saw us and made Mom stop.
What’s with Mom and those massages anyway? She does that during parties, too, even when I’m hosting!
Then, unless Watchette stops her, I’m helpless to refuse.
Nao: Same here. I really hate when that happens.
 W (sighs): Believe me, so do I!

Marci: Now that Santiago’s gone home, do you have a moment, Banana? I want to show you something.
Banana: Sure, Mom. What is it?
Marci: Have you ever taken a good look at this painting by Anita Mori, the founder’s wife?
It’s a painting of my grandmother, Doreen Primley, with a cowplant.
Banana: Why a cowplant?
Marci: The founder’s wife and your great-grandma Doreen gathered 90% of the cowplant essences that this household uses today.
Banana: Cool.
Marci: Before I move out, I wanted to show you that both your bloodlines trace back to the very first generation of this legacy.
Banana: Haha, you talk as if it’s ancient history, Mom. I’m only Gen4!

Thursday

Nao: Right around 1 a.m., Donato maxes Mixology so I go peek into the Sauna Room and see Breanna fall to the floor.
After I rush back to tell the others, Watchette locks us out of the hallway. Oh well.

Grim: Hmmm, hmmm. Well, Breanna was one very disliked sim! I can’t imagine anyone missing her!
But Nio, now that’s a different story! Because of his sister, Nami, I saw quite a bit of Nio.
He was quite the beloved sim. And I must not forget to give Nio’s last message to little Paolo!
I really regretted having to reap Nio Mori. He was such a class act!
But Breanna? Reaping the likes of Breanna Sumner is like—how can I describe it? 
It’s just business as usual.

Banana: Watchette? I’ve stayed up all this time to see a photo of your chosen one from the Gallery.
So, where is it? Show me, show me, show me!
W: You know what, Banana? I’ve decided to surprise you instead. You need to meet him and talk with him, not just look at a photo!
What’s nice, though, is that he’s the same age as you! Oh, and I’ll just tell you one more thing: his name is Yuki.

Banana (pouts): That’s not a very Scottish given name!

Sorry about teasing Banana and everyone about the Gallery sim's portrait shot.
One reason I don’t want to share an image yet is because I’m not convinced that Santiago is entirely unsuitable.
On the other hand, Yuki is adorable. Lol.
Well, Banana ages up in just 2-3 more days, so the suspense will soon be over!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Mori Legacy: Banana and The Prune (10/20)
« Reply #234 on: October 20, 2016, 07:02:12 AM »
Huzzah, another death point down. That's exciting! :)

Banana is too cute. I'm interested in seeing who you have picked out for her, but there's still every chance with a gallery sim that the traits aren't quite right.

Santiago's banana jokes were truly awful. They certainly didn't appeal to me at all.

Rest in Peace Nio. So sorry to see you go.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: October 20, 2016, 09:05:29 PM »
Noooooo!  Cliff hanger!  I wanted to see Mr. McCuteness.  Ah well, all in good time.  Meanwhile Banana is even more beautiful and little Paolo is so sweet.  Broke his heart over Uncle Nio.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #236 on: October 21, 2016, 12:44:09 AM »
Oh, I'm so torn now! I want to see the mystery gallery man Yuki, but Santiago is 100% my cup of tea. Bad jokes, and he helps with homework, too! Plus, I kind of love gloomy sims. Yes, their sad moods are annoying, but they make the cutest pouty faces.

Also, hooray for preserving Donato's youth! Bedroom eyes for everyone! I mean, *ahem* it will be nice for Paolo to have his father around to help him longer.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Breathless in Windenberg
« Reply #237 on: October 21, 2016, 02:16:31 AM »
@Whirligig
Yup, yup, the only death type left now is electrocution. I think my sims need to start hoarding broken electrical objects.
Santiago has three unique traits, so if Mr. McCuteness doesn’t have three unique traits, there’s still a workaround.
Santiago moves in first as primary spouse (so his traits count), then Mr. McCuteness moves in next as secondary spouse (but his traits won’t matter from a scoring perspective).
If his traits aren’t horrendous, all that matters is the couple’s chemistry. (Yes, I find him that cute!)

@Joria
I didn’t intend to create a cliffhanger. I was really close to the image limit so it seemed wasteful to just pop Mr. McCuteness’s photo at the end when Banana’s birthday and “enthronement” as Gen4 heir would arrive in just two sim-days. :-D  But here we are.
I’m curious whether you also find him to be Mr. McCuteness, or if it’s just Banana and me, lol.

@FrancescaFiori
I also had a really difficult time reaching a decision. The more I saw of Santiago, the more I liked him.
And I’ve never played a gloomy sim before. I love how you always have a positive spin on traits most simmers consider to be negative!
Ultimately, age became the deciding factor.

4.37. The Mori Legacy: Breathless in Windenberg 

Week 20/Thursday
Watchette: Paolo’s feeling really sad from witnessing a death , even though he never knew Breanna and was locked out from nearing the Sauna Room.
Nao, it’s past midnight but why don’t you rally the troops and host a party?

Nao: A Black & White Party is always classy! That’s The Founder Kaoru standing next to me, while cousin Lukia Mori and Mom sit at the bar.
Donato: That’s Athena McDaniels dancing in front of the stereo. Can you believe she named our son… “Baby”? Yup, Baby McDaniels. Poor guy!

Carlos: We hire The Founder as our entertainer, but Banana kicks him off the piano.
She’s playing a concerto so “Sims listen to the piano at the same time 0/3.” No success!

Donato: Dad’s been singlehandedly taking care of the “Discuss black and white things” milestone, while Banana continues to play the piano.
In fact, she’s been playing the piano throughout the party, but in vain.
Banana: This is my last try. This time, I end our club gathering, form a group, then pick the “Play concerto for group” action.

Banana: This mysterious stranger has been listening avidly ever since I started playing tonight. I’ll have to thank him later!
Carlos, stop giving him the evil eye, bro!
Grrrr, only two out of the required three sims listening to me play?! I give up!

Nao: That “listen to piano” milestone continues to elude us.
Though it won’t kill us to earn a silver medal, I decide to try Banana’s “group” strategy with different sims.

Carlos: I meet a young lady named Ayaki Park. I find her irresistible. She’s a Loner Genius and we share the Music Lover trait. No wonder we get along so well!
Carlos: Do you live in Windenberg, Ayaki?
Ayaki: Yes. I recently moved into a house nearby. We’re living with Felicity and Maribel Archer. Do you know them?
Carlos: Oh, the Free Spirts home! You’re living with the elderly daughters of my Great-Uncle Nio.

Nao: I manage to successfully complete the “Listen to piano” milestone. What a relief that’s over!
But no, a final milestone appears next which has to be my least favorite: Three sims in playful mood.
Thanks to our forever-incomplete collection of MySims, though, the party earns a gold medal at last!

Banana: Hi, my name’s Banana Mori. I want to thank you for listening to me play. And you are?
Yuki: My name’s Yuki Karuiki. I recently moved into the Free Spirits house down the road. And it’s a real pleasure to listen to you play, Banana. You’ve got such a musical gift!
Banana (blushes): Why thank you, Yuki.

Yuki: With your talent, you must be a professional musician! Am I right?
Banana: Actually, I won’t be a young adult until Saturday. But then, yes, I want to be a musician…
Yuki: We’re close to the same age. I just became a young adult this morning!
Banana: So you live with Felicity and Maribel Archer?
Yuki: Yes, and one other sim.
Banana: Pssst, Dad and Donato! Can you help me out here? I’m a teen so I can’t ask if he’s single!

The menfolk quickly converge on Banana’s new friend.
Nao: Hello, Yuki. Thanks for coming to the party! Our watcher helped me invite you and Ayaki Park. I hear you and Ayaki live in the Free Spirits place now. Are you and Ayaki…?
Yuki: Oh no, it’s not like that at all! Ayaki and I are second cousins! I’m a lonely bachelor.
Nao: I see you’re still a young adult, too. Do you have a career already?
Yuki: No, sir. I’m currently unemployed but have a pretty good idea what I’d like to do.
Nao: A single, unemployed young adult.  You’ve got a shining future ahead of you, Yuki!

Grim: Look at those partygoers, mingling and enjoying themselves! I wonder if people realize what a lonely life I lead.
Everyone expects me to show up for the dirty work, but no one ever invites me for the good times.

W: Actually, it’s not like the Mori’s haven’t tried, Grim. You never show up in the list of possible guests.
Grim: Oh, thanks so much for letting me know! I’d always assumed that no one wanted to invite me! That makes me feel a whole lot better and much less of an outcast.

Donato: Hello, Yuki. Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Banana’s older brother, Donato.
Yuki: Hey, it’s nice to meet you. Pretty wicked crib your family has here!
Donato: Wow, you’ve got a great personality, Yuki! You’re a Creative, Geek Dance Machine.

Donato (whispers): Banana, Yuki has three unique traits. What do you think? Santiago or Yuki?
Banana: Seriously, do you actually believe you need to ask? We’re just a few days apart in age, too!

Yuki: Hey, what are you two whispering about over there?
Banana: Oh nothing, just deciding on tonight’s dinner menu…

Marci: Everyone else is socializing and having fun after the party. Why do I have to go on space missions? *pouts
W: The whole family agrees that your massages are unwelcome at the moment. Plus our space aliens collection still lacks the live pink whale.

Nao: Donato, I just saw Carlos head downstairs with our new neighbor, Ayaki. Why can’t they chat upstairs?
Donato: Carlos mentioned something about wanting to avoid Mom barging in and offering a massage.
Nao: He’s never had a girlfriend before. Do you think Ayaki’s the right one for him?

Ayaki: Not only are you my first friend in Windenberg, Carlos, but you’re also my only good friend in the entire simverse! *bats eyelashes

Carlos: Ayaki, I truly believe that you and I can be so much more than just good friends!
W: Wow, Carlos, for a novice at romance, you’re moving really fast!

Carlos: Sadly, I don’t have the luxury of time, because Banana ages up in two days and I’m moving out. Watching Donato, I’ve started wishing for a family of my own!
*whispers: I hope @Caterina won’t disown me for such wanton behavior!

W: After spending some time with Carlos and Ayaki, I return upstairs to hear a cry for help.
Nao: Watchette, rescue me! I was going to make lunch for everyone, when bam! Massage offer!
W: Marci is nothing if not stubbornly persistent about being an annoyance. It’s almost comical, really. Can’t take my eyes off her for even a second. *sighs sadly

Saturday

W: What are you doing at the Free Spirits lot, Banana?
Banana: Oh, I was just strolling by and so I thought…
W: Um, Banana, you were strolling by then you snuck around to the back of the house?
Banana: Hey, I’m absolutely not trying to get a glimpse of Yuki, I was just checking that the back window…
W: Whatever are you doing here, my adorable Banana? It’s time for your birthday party!
Banana: It is? *runs off, leaving skid marks in the grass

Banana: I’m glad we’re throwing an incognito party this time. I was getting bored with the dinner parties.
A young adult, at last! To my Active and Music Lover traits, I now add Neat! Aaaaannnd...I’m now officially the fourth-generation head of the Mori Legacy!

Yuki: Long live the Queen!
Banana: That’s Yuki right behind me. To my surprise, Dad invited him over while I was stalking, uh, while I was out.
Yuki: How embarrassing! Banana’s father and I chose the same Assassin's Creed costume!

Nao: Mom looks pretty awesome in her clown costume—not tragic or frightening at all!
Carlos: You invited Ayaki, didn’t you, Dad? I wonder why she’s so late?
Nao: Stop fussing, Carlos. I’m sure she’ll arrive eventually. She lives so close by!

Paolo: This is too lame, Dad. Why do we have to wear matching hot dog costumes?
Donato: They’re not exactly the same, Paolo. Yours has ketchup down the front, and mine has mustard.
Paolo: I knew that! Sheesh, I’m just glad no one from school see me like this!
Donato: Do you think the rental shop gave me the wrong-colored hat?

Yuki: Banana looks really lovely! Unbelievable really—a neat sim in a maid costume! We don’t know each other well enough yet for me to reveal that I have a thing for maid outfits…
Banana: I’m glad he’s dressed in that costume. He’s all covered up so the other girls won’t notice how adorable he is!

Carlos: When the party ends, I leave to look for Ayaki, who I finally find over by the Shrieking Llama Bar.
Ayaki: Sorry, Carlos. I’ve felt so unwell today that I couldn’t attend the party. *shares the big news
Carlos: Wow, Ayaki. I couldn’t be more thrilled! May I feel our baby?
Ayaki: I was really hoping you’d ask! (But not in that pizza delivery guy outfit...)

Carlos: Ayaki, I know we haven’t known each other long, but I’d like for us to live together as a family.
I don’t have a job, but I could easily support us once I buy an easel or a woodworking table.
We’ve just met recently but I feel like we were together in a previous incarnation…
What do you say, Ayaki? Would you take a chance with someone like me? I would cherish you like no other.

Ayaki: Strangely, I too feel like we’ve known each other from a previous lifetime.
However, you are the oldest son, Carlos. Does that mean your mother will also live with…

Carlos: Oh heck no! Mom the Massage Maniac missed that train years ago!

Banana: Yesterday, Yuki and I spent all day together and became good friends.
Once the party ends, I ask him to move in right away and our relationship heats up like, um, a blast furnace? An active volcano?

Yuki: Banana is completely slaying me in that maid outfit…
Banana: Yuki’s kiss leaves me feeling breathless and lightheaded. So this is what kissing feels like! (I’m officially breaking up with the ice cream maker!)

B: Please, Yuki, more kisses!
Y: My stunning Banana, I believe I’m experiencing the onset of a major addiction…

Afterword

And so Marci reluctantly moves out to live with Nami and Lukia up the hill. The Munch Haus is now the residence of three elderly women.

Though Carlos is chomping at the bit to move to the Free Spirits house and live with Ayaki, he’s agreed to stay, but only until Yuki has mastered all the mentor-able skills.
Who knows? Perhaps Carlos could even father another child with Ayaki in the meantime.

As for Banana and Yuki, you'll be hearing more about the lovebirds next time. Tonight, they'd rather not be "watched sims."

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Mori Legacy: Breathless in Windenberg (new 10/21)
« Reply #238 on: October 21, 2016, 03:34:07 AM »
Wonderful chapter - so many parties! (I read you're having a hard time getting them to count towards the Party Animal requirement. That's a shame. :( )

Hooray, Banana got to meet her mystery man! And those aren't bad traits at all, actually. He's a great find from the gallery! Carlos and Ayaki are also very sweet together. I look forward to meeting their nooboos. :)

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use secondary spouses quite the way I've seen you use them in this story. I just wouldn't ever think to play like that. You really seem to 'sim outside the box'. :)

Looking forward to more! :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: Breathless in Windenberg (new 10/21)
« Reply #239 on: October 21, 2016, 08:25:21 AM »
I definitely approve of Carlos and Ayaki!  She's adorable.  I can't wait to see their nooboo(s).  They will be precious even without red hair.

anything