Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132059 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Strawberry Fields Forever
« Reply #255 on: October 25, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »
Bonus Collage!

I bumped into the image limit but still want to share this image.

As you can see, both boys inherited their Uncle Donato’s dreamy eyes, whereas the girls have Yuki’s eyes.
And have you noticed that the boys both share Donato’s downward-sloping eyebrows? That makes me laugh!

Dulce is irresistibly adorable, though Gloomy. With Rina's features, though, Rina seems to follow in the footsteps of her Great-Great-Aunt Hana and Auntie Aoi.
I’m so curious to see who these children will grow up to resemble as teens. That’s probably my biggest motivation for playing right now, hehe.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: Strawberry Fields Forever (new 10/25)
« Reply #256 on: October 25, 2016, 06:01:42 PM »
Wow!  Another great update!  Here I go again commenting on appearances...my favorites are Dulce and Takumi (my favorite color is blue BTW).  Also, cousin Jacklyn looks sweet.  Yuki looks very strong in his new casual wear.  Loved Takumi's "I got nuttin'!" comment.  The nanny bit was very funny too.

I've never used pollinators in my game.  It seems like fun but also a lot of extra work.  I usually just look for the best looking NPC's when my sims age up.  I may the cancel adoption trick to get more children in the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #257 on: October 25, 2016, 11:35:48 PM »
Holy smokes! A club with over 50,000 points? That is nuts. Make good use of it, young Moris.

Dulce is just too cute. I love the blue hair, but her face is the real star. What a little cutie!

I don't know about that Xander fellow. He's alright, but his shoulders look suspiciously narrow, and I am unapologetically shallow ;).

Sorry about your useless nanny! What on earth? That feature was only questionably useful in the first place, and then all she does is flirt with Nao? Begone!

Thanks so much for the collage. I love it! I too am very excited to see what the kids look like as teens!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #258 on: October 26, 2016, 12:49:53 PM »
@Caterina
    I certainly don't need a pollinator in a legacy since I'm allowed to import legacyloves from the Gallery to marry the heirs. I like, however, to have nice sims on standby in My Library.
So for the legacy, pollinating would be more about preserving genes than populating the simverse. I can do the adopt/cancel thing for that.
Takumi and Dulce are also my current favorites! Though Ranma and Takumi are identical twins, Takumi seems more expressive and skills faster.
   I read in the "What are you working on" thread about your Build-A-City project. Will you be doing a story eventually? If not, I hope you will at least take us on the occasional tour through your city. You're such an amazing builder!

@FrancescaFiori
   Takumi's club has that many points because it's been in constant use since the legacy started; it just accumulates points because there are so few perks left to buy.
After most of its perks were bought, it became the kids' club, meaning it usually also includes a few moved-out adult relatives who mentor.
   Dulce has really inherited the best of Yuki's features (she can conceal that long face with that hairstyle for now). It's too early to say, but I could do so much worse than a feminine version of Yuki. Of course, now I want to change my Succession/Gender law back to "Equality" so Dulce can be a potential heir. This is such a loser legacy!
    The nannies drive me crazy. The last nanny was also fired. The most recent nanny was so weird--she would briefly look after the babies then literally run to wherever Nao was then just follow him around.
    Haha, you had me scouring my Recycle Bin just now to check Xander's hips--he doesn't have the pear shape, thankfully. I'll just have to wait and see.
    I need to hurry (2x/3x speed?) to the point of the kids' teen birthdays. Once the the forum's new dynasty challenge is unveiled, I'll be unable to resist starting that one.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2016, 01:20:59 PM »
Caught up once again.  Love both sets of gorgeous twins.  Blue hair rocks.  The Lime in the Coconut made me smile as my son recently bought  fresh, green, coconut and some limes and put them together.  We sat sipping and singing.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2016, 11:51:12 PM »
Ack, I didn't realise I hadn't commented on your latest chapter!

The twins are pretty freaking adorable. Double-story-time, go!

Yay for kids clubs. The mean trait seems to get assigned to uncontrollable sims rather a lot, but I'm glad the boys could take over the club without too much hassle.

"Oh come on, who ever heard of double twins?" - I hope no one is tempting fate there.

That's a beautiful shot of Banana and Yuki fishing, with the pond and the moon. Really beautiful.

Haha, maybe Banana was better off when Yuki was playing computer games.

And...yeah. Definitely tempted fate there. Good job. :P

Nannies never do what they're meant to do, do they?

Also, re: moving sims into houses, I'm pretty sure that those sims can be fair game for spouses as long as you didn't set/know about their traits, but I could be wrong? For example, moving a game-generated not-in-world family into a house and later marrying them (or their descendants if you do get a pollinator) in later is fine, as long as you didn't set their traits and, of course, as long as they don't bring in any money. I'll look for clarification on that somewhere, but my understanding was that the main reason you can't custom-design spouses is for the primary spouse unique traits thing.

I love the collage! The boys look pretty much identical, as you said, apart from maybe their ears? The girls, however, look nothing alike. They are all, however, very cute!
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2016, 02:28:11 AM »
<3 Oh the girls are so pretty!
(You're reading my legacy ~ Squeee, also, I should probably let you know that I've... *coughs* launched SotN too)
Did I really just drop that in the comments?
Yes. Seems I did. Moving on...
You seem to have a nanny problem. At least the girls seemed to grow up fine. I really can't wait to see the kids all grown up.
Hopefully Banana and Yuki are all set with the kids they have... lest you go for another 10 kids this generation (perhaps that has something to do with why you ended up with multiples this time?).
Also, I <3 your punny puns.
(Would insert her own pun here, but she's too tired to think of one coherently). >.<
Banana is gorgeous and all of her kids are too, essentially.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Name Dat Song
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2016, 06:19:48 AM »
@Joria
I’m glad we could synchronize our “Lime in de Coconut” jags, lol.

@Whirlligig
      I really didn’t want a second set of twins, but I adore the blue-haired Dulce. I’m rather glad that the girls aren’t identical twins—makes it easier for me to move one of them out as a teenager.
Not only do I get a good ratio of Mean or Evil townies, I’ve noticed that their traits are changing. Like, when I run into a child townie a week or so later, their sole trait is different.
    I’m so dense; I didn’t even realize that the moon moves across the sky at night until just 3-4 days ago.

@LivvieLove
Definitely not going for another 10 kids—that was a one-time requirement, thankfully. I’d wanted Banana & Yuki to have just three kids, but ended up with 4 kids and a full household, darn it!
I’m hoping the boys will grow up to look a bit more like Yuki. *crosses fingers

4.42 The Mori Legacy: Name Dat Song

Week 22/Wednesday

Yuki: Day-o, Day-ay-ay-o! Day is breakin’ and me wanna go home.
Banana: Sweetheart, would you mind not singing? I’m trying to concentrate on this yoga routine.
And please tell me you’re not singing that Banana Boat song!
Yuki: Oh come on, who doesn’t like that Jamaican folk song? And anyway, there aren’t any good banana jokes.

Banana: Changing the subject, I’m glad completing the Bodybuilder aspiration didn’t transform you into the Hulk.
Yuki: My arms are noticeably more muscular, but I can still squeeze into my slim jeans!

Donato: My son Paolo, on the other hand, really put on the muscle to maximize his full body potential. I barely recognize him.
Banana: He hardly looks like a teenager anymore! By the way, did you hear the news? Grandma Nami passed away last night.
Donato: I guess saying that someone’s lived a long life seems to end up jinxing them, doesn’t it?

Ranma: I’ve invited my clubmate Madeleine Sweeney to become my final child-stage friend for Social Butterfly.
The family’s quickly lost all interest in her since learning that she’s a Goofball.
Paolo explained to me what happened to his mother who was also a Goofball. How very sad!

Donato: Why is that horrid nanny back in our house?
Takumi: Sorry, Dad. Ranma and I need one more adult friend.
Besides family, Ranma and I knew the nanny the best, so she’s just here until we both befriend her.

Dulce: Dad keeps telling me that we look alike. I hope that means he’s gonna spoil me rotten.

Rina: So what am I, anyway? The ugly stepsister? Everyone else is working on their aspirations for real.
But not me! I’m here just leveling my Social skill.
Banana: Sorry, hun. Helping three children complete Social Butterfly at the same time is just too much work.
W: Hey, Rina. Do you like the beach? How would you like to live on an island?
(The plan is to move her out right after her teen birthday. Four kids is too much to handle.)

Takumi: Now that I have two adult friends, I ask the nanny to leave.
Seeking new club members again, I find Adrian Bateman, who’s an Art Lover. She’s cute but a bit boring.
I hope I can befriend her quickly! I still haven’t done my homework for tomorrow.

Friday

Yuki: Four children is so much work! Banana and I are quite grateful for all the help from the family, especially Donato!
Whoa, I better focus! This is a particularly nasty scenario and that berserker nearly decapitated my double-blade rogue!
Where the heck is Solas when you need him?

Dulce: After all the time we’ve spent together, I can’t believe Uncle Donato rejected my first request to be BFFs!
What’s with that “Nuh uh uh” response? Why would he play hard to get with a six-year-old? Sheesh.

Ranma (strutting): It feels great to be done with all our aspirations, right, bro?
Takumi: You bet! And once we’re done with Charisma, we can move on to the fun stuff!

Rina (off screen): Ugly Duckling here, bringing up the rear…

Dulce: Sshhh, I hear Paolo will soon join the Detective career so we’ll keep this a secret from him, okay?
Yes, Snow Kitty, take a good look at my beaker. I’m on the verge of a scientific breakthrough.
Gloomy genius that I am, I’ve figured out how to design synthetic Essence of Happiness! Cowplantz, your days are over!

Donato: Congrats on maxing the eSport Gamer career, Yuki!  It’s the perfect career choice for you, too.
Yuki: Yeah, I’m glad it’s done. Now I can help support Paolo in his detective career.
Donato: Paolo’s young adult birthday is on Sunday, so your timing is impeccable!

Banana: Only thing is, my beloved, you’ll need to quit your job.
Yuki: Oh why? So I can spend more time with the kids? I'm planning to do that as well, darling.
Banana: Well, the kids, too. But more importantly, that career outfit is not a good look for you! Change back to your new everyday outfit, please.

Banana: Honey, I know that we’ve started the Soulmate aspiration and that you’re a big fan of Pharrell Williams.
But don’t you think humming that song “Get Lucky” right at this moment is blatantly presumptuous and crassly over-confident of you?
Yuki: Um…maybe? *smiles innocently

Saturday

Yuki: Today, we both take the day off to host our wedding, which we’ve postponed for weeks.
Banana: In keeping with the banana theme, I really want a Carmen Miranda headdress or a lovely yellow gown. My search bears no fruit. (hehe, sorry!)
In the end, I give up and let the game dress me. A black bridal gown, huh?

Yuki: Oh, my love! A million days in your arms is never too much!
Banana: Sweetheart, aren't those words from "Never Too Much”? Which do you prefer? The original by Luther Vandross or Mary J. Blige’s tribute to Luther?

Yuki (to himself): Ooooh, busted! I guess it’s no surprise that we like the same music. I’ll just make a cute face and let the moment pass…

Banana: From beginning to end, 365 days of the year, I want your same ole love, baby. And all I wanna do is keep on loving you.
Yuki: Hey, don't you be looking like you made that up! That’s my jam—“Same Ole Love” by Anita Baker!

Banana: Haha, I guess that makes us even! I'm not good at composing wedding vows, either!

Yuki: We spend most of our wedding night hard at work.
Banana: Uh yeah…working hard on Soulmate, that is. You can imagine what a pain that was! *winks impishly

Week 23/Sunday

Paolo: To celebrate my young adult birthday, we throw a small dinner party.
I am Outgoing and Cheerful like Dad, and now I'm also a Perfectionist like my dearly departed mother.

I don’t really look much like Dad, except for my eyebrows. I wonder where I got the cleft chin?
As soon as the party’s over, I join the Detective career but I don’t start work until Tuesday.

Yuki: Initially, I thought the twins looked more like Donato than me, but today I see a little of me in Takumi. What do you think?

Dulce: For my second adult friend, I invite over Grandpa’s brother Sora and ask him to mentor me in Piano.
Making friends with one more child won’t be hard.
Nao: My daughter with Dr. Lime in de Coconut is in grade school now. You should go for a visit and meet her!

Dulce: I visit the Munch Haus with Mom and Dad. Grandpa Nao’s wife is an Insane, Gloomy Genius.
Their self-assured daughter is technically my Auntie Jane. She has her mother’s green eyes.
I invite her over to our home to befriend, and the Social Butterfly is now free to fly.

Yuki: Later that evening, Banana and I complete the Soulmate aspiration at the same time.
Banana: Of course, we get the notice at the very moment that neither of us is doing anything remotely romantic.

Banana: Two days from now on Tuesday, Paolo goes to the Police Station for his first day of work in the Detective career and Donato celebrates his adult birthday.
Nothing much will happen here until then so let’s meet next on Tuesday.
Before closing this chapter, however, I’d like to share some banana-themed images..

And yes, those are little bananas on my waist-high shorts! Cute, are they not?

Banana: I would kill for this skirt by Prada. It’s from five years ago so where could I find it? Watchette, why don’t you learn to recolour?

Banana: I leave you, dear readers, with a long shot of Carmen Miranda—Brazilian bombshell, singer, and dancer—from the first color film choreographed by Busby Berkeley (known for his musical extravaganzas), titled “The Gang’s All Here” (1943).
Actually, not THE first color film, but the first color film for which Busby Berkeley did the choreography.

Ahhh, my little shorts seem vastly insignificant in comparison with Carmen’s headdress! I'm experiencing a bout of banana envy!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Mori Legacy: Name Dat Song (10/28)
« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2016, 10:11:23 AM »
Ok, my vote is for Takumi as heir and Dulce as the cadet!

And you are so right, there really ARE no good banana jokes! I googled and unfortunately none of them were a-peeling lol sorry I just had to lmao

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2016, 07:27:33 PM »
Wow! Now that is a headdress! I can't believe no one has made a cc version. That is a grave oversight. I'm pretty sure all the cc-making software is PC-only or I'd have to learn it and make one up myself. :) The Prada skirt is fantastic, too. Somebody needs to get on that.
Congrats to Yuki and Banana on the belated wedding! I hadn't even realized they weren't married yet. Such a great couple. They totally belong together.
Don't worry, Dulce. I get the feeling you are going to be spoiled rotten no matter what. :)
As for Rina, I'm sure she will enjoy the beach. ;)
Now, come on, kids! Time to be teens so I can see what you look like! *drums fingers on desk impatiently*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #265 on: October 29, 2016, 12:09:26 AM »
Dear readers,

I regret to inform you that I have decided to abandon this legacy challenge.
Party Animal is the only remaining aspiration, yet the party counter is broken for me so I don't want to do it.
Today, the Detective career also glitched. My detective is unable to visit a crime scene, which prevents him from ever getting promoted in this career.
My game file also suffers from severe lag which, in itself, I could probably try to resolve and tolerate, but various bugs prevent me from completing the legacy requirements.

So I'm throwing in the towel on this legacy and will no doubt start another when the Challenges Team unveils its new multigenerational challenge in November.
Thanks so much for reading and commenting. So very sorry but I'm too frustrated to play this challenge anymore.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy:I'm Ending This Legacy (10/28)
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2016, 12:35:25 AM »
Oh, no! I mean, I don't blame you one bit. The glitches are intolerable and lag is a terrible pain. I'll miss the Moris, but your sanity is much more important.

I have two small requests for whenever you're feeling less frustrated:
1. How many points were you up to? You had to be doing pretty well considering how much you'd accomplished!
2. What does Dulce look like as a teen? The other kids, too, if you're feeling generous, but mostly Dulce.

In the meantime, I will try to patiently await your next adventure!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2016, 02:00:51 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about the ending of the Mori's, dear @oshizu but I completely understand.

I hope you'll let me know when you start another story or project! I always like to stop by and see what your lovely sims are up to.
In the meantime: <internet hugs> sorry that your file got eaten by the bugs...

The Mori's will be missed, but I'll always support whatever challenge you take on!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #268 on: October 29, 2016, 04:48:34 AM »
I'm so sorry! It feels so terrible to us, I can only imagine how it must feel for you!

I second the request to see the twins(s) as teens, please?!? I am astounded by how quickly you got everything finished, but not surprised after having read your other stories!

Will Takumi and Dulce possibly make a cameo in your next story?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #269 on: October 29, 2016, 06:51:02 AM »
I'm so sorry hear that oshizu.  It really is frustrating to come so far and have the game mess things up for you.  At least this will leave you free to enjoy the new EP if you get it and to do more challenges.  I've enjoyed reading this and look forward to whatever you do next.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything