Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132044 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Mori Legacy:I'm Ending This Legacy (10/28)
« Reply #270 on: October 29, 2016, 07:32:04 AM »
I'm very sad to hear that, but I also understand the reason for your decision. Do let us know if/when you decide to do any more challenges. :) I will miss the Moris, though.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy:I'm Ending This Legacy (10/28)
« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2016, 09:15:53 AM »
Have you considered saving the lot and the household to your library and placing in a new game instance?  What does Pinstar say about unplayable saves?  You've come so far and worked so hard.  I support your decision either way.  Best of luck with your future simming.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Bye Bye, Bananas!
« Reply #272 on: October 30, 2016, 05:11:51 AM »
My dearest @FrancescaFiori @LivvieLove @Magpie2012 @Joria @Whirligig and @Caterina

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so very touched!
Last night, I was so frustrated that I decided to quit this legacy.
But this morning, I was updating my score (because @FrancescaFiori had asked about my score) and I realized how much time and effort I’ve put into this legacy.
Regarding my current score, it's explained in some detail in this post here.

The scoring process helped me understand two important things:
(1)   I can just skip the Detective career and, if it continues to be uncooperative, Party Animal, too, because…
(2)   I can enjoy playing and hopefully finishing this legacy even without a perfect score (despite being a completionist with borderline OCD).
Heaven knows, I’ve already taken a few liberties with this legacy, as I’ve shared with you.
So, my humble apologies for the melodramatic end and anti-climactic restart, but the show will go on. I’ll let my sims explain what happened.

I hope you don’t regret having said such nice things that this Phoenix-like legacy has returned from the bin! *grins sheepishly but with hope
Note: I've condensed a lot of activity in this chapter in order to end on a birthday party.

4.43 The Mori Legacy: Bye Bye, Bananas!

Week 23/Monday

Takumi: I know, I know. We aren’t supposed to meet back until Tuesday.
Ranma: But Watchette is so happy to catch all four of us leaving for school together.
Dulce: And besides, Ranma and Takumi become teens this Friday, so it’s a rare shutter opp!

Paolo: I’d like to catch up with my girlfriend Leann before I get too busy with work. She’s a young adult now, too.
She’s unemployed but has great traits: Neat, Childish, and Family Oriented.
Maybe she should be “reserved” for Ranma or Takumi? Nah….

Leann: Well, now that we are BFFs, maybe Paolo will stop with the friendly socials and let nature take its course!
W: @FrancescaFiori  My apologies! I still haven’t changed his club uniform! But I will right now!

Paolo: Let’s make a quick trip to the closet between dates!
Leann: Oh closet? Wait, you’re not joining me in the closet?
Paolo: *watches Leann try on different outfits
Wow, Leann, you’re gorgeous! Who could resist you when look like this! *feels impatient to put a ring on it
Leann: Yeah, thanks! My other outfit was so high school!
W: In summary, Paolo proposes and Leann accepts, then he moves Leann and her mum into The Lighthouse with elders Brennan Bjergsen and Sora Mori.

Tuesday

Paolo: My first day at the Police Station. First, I get a case assignment, then I travel to the crime scene.
What a surprise that it’s the Munch Haus, home of Grandpa Nao.
Thankfully, or oddly, Gramps and his family are nowhere to be found today.

Paolo: I interview some witnesses, including a ghostly blue Wendell Behr who—if you recall--was The Founder Kaoru’s love child with Candy Behr.

I search for clues, snap photos of evidence, gather samples, and dust for fingertips.
When that’s all done, I return to the Station.

Thanks to Nerd Brain, I’m able to Insta-Upgrade an analyzer before attempting to analyze any evidence.

At noon, to my disappointment, I’m told to turn over my findings to the lead investigator.
My next promotion requires that I solve my own case. I wonder when I’ll get to do that!
I spend the rest of the day processing suspects at the booking station and doing other busy work.
By the way, I’ve slathered the Station’s walls with surplus Space Prints from home to boost my Focus.

My biggest shock of the day? The Chief of Police is my uncle, Fabio Mori!

Elderly policewoman: You there, young man! By chance, is your name Paolo Mori?
Paolo: Yes, that’s me. May I ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with?
Kaila: I’m Kaila Damico, the mother of your fiancée Leann. I just wanted to introduce myself to my future son-in-law.
Also, thank you so much for moving Leann and me into that breathtaking house by the sea!
Paolo: Wow, it’s certainly a small world, isn’t it? (How did Leann forget to mention her mom worked here, too?)

Donato: After Banana gets home that night, the family throws a small dinner party to celebrate my adult birthday.
Banana: You’re older and wiser now, big bro, but still handsome as heck!
Donato: My baby face gone forever! *weeps
Takumi (in brown): Dad, is Uncle Donato for real?

Yuki: You are no doubt wondering why I stand here before you, looking fly in a Senior Detective’s uniform.  Well, Wednesday is the day our legacy started going downhill.
To shorten a very long story, Watchette did a factory reset and deleted relevant cache files, then started a new game with yours truly in the Detective career.

Thanks to my superb investigative skills, I narrowed the culprit down to Banana’s new high-waist banana shorts.
Or so we thought. On Thursday, we get stuck getting to a crime scene as well.
Consequently, we’ve taken out the entire Mods folder and will replay from Wednesday morning.
W: And if even that doesn’t work, Paolo will need to change careers. Thanks, Yuki!

Wednesday

Paolo: On my second day of work, I’m immediately sent off to patrol my own neighborhood.
For some reason, Jasmine Holiday appears with a new hairdo and the symbol on her jacket is an arrow, not a sugar skull.
I secretly pray that someone will kick her butt for constantly lurking around our lot.

Paolo: Uncle Carlos picks a fight with Jasmine and emerges the victor! How do I know she’s Jasmine, you ask?
When I try to issue her a citation, I only get the option to “Ask about the Day of the Dead challenge.” Dommage!

Paolo: After successfully visiting a crime scene and arresting the suspect, I’m back at the Station.
 W: Overly excited about Paolo finally visiting a crime scene, I forget to take a single shot!
Paolo: Half the clues I received were wrong! They told me to pursue a black-haired male teen in a jacket.
But the correct suspect was an adult male in a denim jacket with a red-haired mohawk. Luckily, I’d read online that receiving incorrect clues is not uncommon.

If I get my own case tomorrow and solve it, I’ll be promoted to Level 5 Senior Detective on my third day of work.
This is going to be a difficult, time-consuming career to complete, yo!
W: Gah! We barely make it through Paolo's first two days of work.

Yuki: And what are you two rascals up to tonight?
Ranma: Nothing! We got nothing to do! We’re bored!
Yuki: Really, you both have nothing at all to do?
Takumi: Well, we’ve maxed every skill we can, except Mischief. Shall we start leveling our Mischief?
Yuki: No, no, boys, no mischief. Just carry on enjoying the final days of your childhood, doing nothing.

Donato: Congrats, little sis, on completing the Musician career.
Yuki: You look gorgeous in that gown, too, darling.
Banana: For some reason, I was bald for half my work shift. I’m glad I got some hair back!
Aaaand, I still prefer “no cc” over all of us being thrown out to the bin! *phones in to quit her job

Thursday

Yuki: Yo, what’s going on?
Paolo: Dad’s giving me a Lavender aromatherapy massage. What’s up?
Yuki: You both have little lightbulbs and plus signs circling your heads. Is that normal?
Donato: I assigned “Bracing Breezes” as a lot trait last night. Maybe that?
Yuki: Cool.
Paolo: Not cool! I have an Energized +1 Bracing Breezes moodlet, but I need to be Focused for work.
Donato: Just relax, Paolo. If the Detective career doesn’t work out after all, it’s not a big deal, okay?
Paolo: Easy for you to say! I feel like I’m just treading water, without making any progress at all!

Ranma: Wow, look at Uncle Donato do a cannonball into the pool!
Takumi: Yeah, he’s so awesome! He always has perfect form! Have you seen his swan dive?

Some time later…
Takumi: Um, Ranma? Why is Grandpa swimming in there?
Ranma: I dunno. Maybe he’s losing his memory and forgot about our backyard pool?
Takumi: Speaking of old, Dad’s supposed to have his adult birthday today but I overheard him talking about Potion of Youth.
Ranma: Oh yeah, I heard that, too! He was yammering about preserving his youthful charm. What charm?

Paolo: You’ve already guessed why I’m home mixing drinks instead of at the Police Station, right?
Even after removing all cc, I made it to the crime scene but--after issuing an APB--couldn’t travel to arrest a suspect.
Since the Detective career is too broken to play after 9+ hours of troubleshooting, we’ve restarted today (Thursday) from 7:30 a.m.

I’ve switched to the Culinary career because, among the careers left, it’s the only one with weekend shifts.
I definitely don’t need to be off work until next Monday, amirite?
On the plus side, we’ll get all our cool hair and clothes back.
W: Weird Paolo! You dance in front of the dresser for 20 sim-minutes instead of picking “Plan Outfits.”
The kids almost miss school again because of you! And yes, this lot has the Homey trait, too.

Yuki: Seriously, dude? You’re a young adult now, but your favorite drink’s still Cream Cola?

Friday

Banana: We've all waited up to receive the notices about celebrating the twins’ birthdays, which arrive around 2 a.m.
Yuki: They age up into identically handsome scalawags, though unbelievably skinny. Not slim, skinny as beanpoles!

Ranma (in red/black): Hey, we heard that! I’m an Art Lover Geek with the Master Chef aspiration.
Paolo (sighs): I phone in right away to switch from Culinary to the Painter career. The fates have deserted me!

Takumi (in brown): I’m a Neat, Creative sim with the Mansion Baron aspiration which I insta-complete.
By the way, I stopped wearing cosmetic frames, since Ranma always wears red/black and I’m always in brown.

Banana: Here’s a collage of me with my gang.
On the very left is Dad as a teenager. Our sons resemble him quite a bit, except their eyes are a little bigger and set wider apart.
Yuki is so cute, yet I can’t find a portrait that does him justice. The boys seem to have inherited little from Yuki besides his skintone.
I wish they’d turned out looking more like him than like my father, really.
Yuki: Oh come on, look how handsome they are! They’re the best-looking guys in the legacy so far! You can’t say that’s not partly my influence, right?

Remarks

About Paolo, just two words. Poor Paolo. But he’s maxed painting already so he should be okay with the Painter/Master of the Real career.

Dulce and Rina will age up to teens in four sim-days (on Tuesday). Unless she drastically changes between now and then, Rina will be moved out soon after their party.
At that point, I’ll be asking for your thoughts on who should become the Gen5 heir, Ranma or Takumi.
Now that the Paolo/Detective drama is over, I can focus more on showcasing the potential heirs. They're really cute!

Thank you for putting up with my drama. And, as always, thank you for reading!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: Bye Bye, Bananas! (yes, a new chapter, 10/30)
« Reply #273 on: October 30, 2016, 09:12:53 AM »
Great first photo, Leann is still very pretty, I love the look on Takumi's face ... and your narrative was spot on, Yuki looks sexy in his detective clothes, I enjoyed seeing Banana with her hair down, I really like seeing the twins hanging out together, I love Ranma's red/black hair ... so clever, and, I wouldn't be opposed to you bringing back Takumi's glasses.  It's nice to have you back!  Great update!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #274 on: October 30, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »
I'm glad you decided to continue. I really do love reading about this family (memo to self: comment more on stories you like) and the boys are adorable. Takumi kinda has his father's facial shape, it just looks a bit rounder, like he's still got baby fat while Yuki doesn't. You may not be able to get all of the points but you'll easily get an A if you get all the way to the end.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2016, 01:30:47 PM »
*Squeals like a little girl in a candy store*
THE MORI'S LIVE ON!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your sad luck with the glitches though. For what it's worth, I've heard that taking mods out can make things worse than just leaving them in. I don't really troubleshoot much for the Sims 4 though, I only know what works for the Sims 3.
Anyways, I'm just so happy to see the Mori's aren't going away!

<3 <3 <3

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #276 on: October 30, 2016, 02:48:39 PM »
*joins Livvie in squealing* *total Mori fangirl bonding moment*

Yayness! And, I believe I had already given my vote on Takumi with a Dulce cadet?!? No change there :-)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2016, 09:04:31 PM »
Oh, I am just too delighted. Plus, I got tagged three times in this post, so I'm pretty sure that means I get all the credit for bringing this legacy back from the brink.
Don't change the club uniform on my account! I feel warm and fuzzy knowing the legend of Eduardo lived on.
Super happy for Paolo and Leann! Even happier to catch a glimpse of Fabio! I always knew that one would go far in life.
Weird about Jasmine Holiday. She has her old hair and jacket in my file. I swear, this patch they gave us is a total nightmare. Things are glitching out left and right.
Team Takumi all the way! With his aspiration auto-completed you can do whatever you want with him! Both boys are gorgeous, though, so I'm happy no matter what.
Yay for more Moris!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #278 on: October 30, 2016, 09:17:06 PM »
Oh, I'm so glad you've decided to continue! I'm finally caught up with your story! Can't wait to see what the girls look like as teens.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: October 30, 2016, 10:59:31 PM »
YAYYYYY!  So happy to see you're carrying on.  I NEVER, I say again, NEVER use CC.  I love it but I get so angry when things get messed up because of it. Learned that lesson back in TS2 when I had thousands of CC.

I know it's too early yet, but my choice for heir is Ranma.  Just like his looks and attitude and I love the culinary career.

All's well with the Mori family now.  I'm a happy reader.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2016, 06:11:07 AM »
Yay, you're back! I'm so sorry about the issues, but I'm happy to see you and your sims soldiering on. :)

It was pretty cool to see some of the other sims in the neighbourhood working at the police station.

Yeah, I've seen stalker-level sims in sims games before (does anyone remember Marsha Bruenig from Sims 2?), but Jasmine Holiday is next level creepy.

Okay, you are an incredible simmer. All childhood aspirations and available child skills maxed? In Childhood? On top of all the glitches and playing an active career? Good lord. I get excited if/when I manage to finish all the aspirations.

Aww, poor Banana doesn't look like herself without her hair. Glad you got your CC back eventually.

The lot traits look super useful! I haven't tried them out myself yet (last time I was in game, MetroMan hadn't given an official ruling on their legality for IDCs.

It must be frustrating coming so close to getting maximum points for a legacy, only to have to give up because of glitches. :-( I don't play the active careers much because I don't like not being able to control all the other sims, so I haven't really experienced them. Maybe try again in a couple of generations, and some patches might, might help with your issues?

Aww, poor Paolo - Ranma stealing his thunder after he thinks he's finally got his career path set straight.

I was just thinking - you haven't rolled any of the Family aspirations for the teens yet, have you? They take aaages to complete and you wouldn't be able to switch away from them, hey?

Wow, the twins really do look like Nao!
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Dulce Sweetens Up & The Gen5 Heir Vote
« Reply #281 on: October 31, 2016, 07:01:06 PM »

I separated this post from my chapter because I wanted to share an image of Jasmine Holiday's new look which would have pushed my chapter over 25 images.

@Caterina
You don’t know how disappointed I was to check CAS and see that Yuki’s Senior Detective uniform wasn’t available, hehe. I hope you like Takumi’s new frames!

@dontmindme
Thank you for reading! I really appreciate your comment that playing to the end is an achievement in itself. I got too caught up in the stupid numbers! Silly me!

@LivvieLove and @Magpie2012
Your enthusiasm really means a lot to me, ladies! *blows air kisses (and waves a #TeamBrandy banner)

@Narinn2045
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you’ll cast a vote for the Gen5 heir! There’s only two to choose from.

@FrancescaFiori
Yeah, it was funny to see Fabio as the Chief of Police. Here’s a shot of Jasmine’s new jacket from the back. I read online recently that there’s going to be another Triple Boost Week sometime in the undetermined near future.
Since my game file has become the epicenter of post-patch glitching (just kidding, I’m just more vocal about it, I guess), it figures that Jasmine would appear in her new Triple Boost Week getup.

@Joria
Turns out that my cc wasn’t the cause of it after all. For some reason, my save file has just suffered a variety of post-patch bugs. Seems like the crime scene/arrest site not loading might be somehow related to the new lot traits. I’m glad I’m back—I would have missed out on Ranma, Takumi, and Dulce.

@Whirligig
     Thanks for the compliment, but not incredible, to be honest. Ranma and Takumi live in a house with three adults who can mentor Mental/Logic, Violin, and Piano; Coach swimming (Motor); and Encourage (Creativity). They also have Gramps Nao in the family club and Uncle Carlos who visits whenever summoned. Since Ranma, Takumi, and Dulce have mastered all the mentor-able childhood skills, they can also mentor the next generation of children.
     Yeah, poor Paolo. I thought we had a winner when he joined Chef which would allow him to work Fri/Sat/Sun, but then Ranma rolled the Master Chef aspiration.
     Oooh, I’ve been lucky about not rolling the Family aspirations, though the founder and Nao both completed Big Happy Family. Successful Lineage tends to glitch at Tier IV. You better not have jinxed me about not rolling the Family aspirations yet, lol. With a somewhat promiscuous son born soon after a sim reaches young adulthood, though, Big Happy Family can be completed around the end of the adult stage.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Dulce Sweetens Up & The Gen5 Heir Vote
« Reply #282 on: October 31, 2016, 07:19:30 PM »
4.45 The Mori Legacy: Dulce Sweetens Up & The Gen5 Heir Vote

Week 23/Friday

Banana: I don’t think I’ve ever seen two such undernourished teenage boys! Is this your influence, Yuki?
Yuki: *pretends not to hear
Ranma: Awww, come on, Mom. You know that we can just level up our fitness. Skinny is easier to fix than ugly.
Rina (internally): I really hope he’s not talking about me…

Takumi: A big thank you to @Caterina for sharing her thoughts about my wearing glasses.
Watchette and I waivered over the decision when I first aged up, but I like my new frames.

Yuki: What is it about massages anyway? Whenever I needed one for work, everyone took forever to get around to actually giving me a massage.
An unsolilcited, unwanted massage, however, is processed unbelievably fast.
Paolo: I know what you mean! The boys asked Dad and Auntie Banana to help them with their homework.
Auntie Banana was about to offer Ranma a sports massage instead, except Watchette canceled it in time.
W: Oh Banana, you’re one of my favorite sims! Please don’t turn into your mother Marci!

Banana: So what’s up for today?
Paolo: I’ve finished my daily task for Painter and the twins are done with homework.
Yuki: Let me just mail my books to the publisher, then we can be off to the gym for Project Sayonara Scrawniness.
Takumi: Nice! Ranma’s gonna be a chef but I want to choose one of the new City Living careers.
Meanwhile, I’d like to work on my fitness.

Yuki: I’m innately slender and, unlike Paolo, have stayed slim even after maximizing my body potential.
I wonder if I looked this scrawny when I was a teenager?
Ranma: Hey, would you quit with the “scrawny” word. It’s starting to hurt our feelings.
Donato: You two are so skinny that….
Takumi: Oh now, you’re going to insult us with a skinny joke? I can’t believe you’re thin-shaming us, Uncle Donato!
Ranma: And here, we’ve been polite and not mentioned how thick your waist’s grown since your adult birthday.
Donato: You did NOT just go there!
Takumi: Touche!

Banana: Donato, when you’re done harassing my boys, would you please send Paolo home?
Your son has bulked up more than enough on weightlifting machines!
Donato: What is this anyway? Body-shaming day? Just because Yuki and your boys are innately slim! *grumble mumble

Paolo: Trying to seem useful and thus avoid being sent home, I run outside to check out this beautiful lady for the twins.
Rowan Burke is a single young adult Scientist, who is a Gloomy, Goofball Glutton. Glutton’s not a unique trait, too bad!

Paolo: Norman Burke shows up soon after. I’m sure cousin Dulce would appreciate Norman’s good looks.
Norman: Odd we haven't met before, hey? I live in the Partihaus in Downtown Windenberg. You live in Countryside Windenberg, right?
Paolo (to himself): He’s a Mean, Family-Oriented Art Lover. But daaaannng, the man’s got genes that won’t stop!
Norman’s flirty so I’m a little embarrassed to ask if he’s single. He is!
Well, Dulce teens up in 4 days so maybe he can be her elderly baby daddy when she’s a young adult?

Banana: What are you muttering about out here, Paolo?  Ooohhhh, hello there, Mr. Hot-as-Heck-but-Possibly-Too-Old-to-Become-My-Son-in-Law!
Paolo: Auntie Banana, meet Norman Burke. *whispers: he's a young adult with three unique traits, too, Auntie.
Banana: Hmmmm, hmmmm, hmmmm. *schemes with a maniacal glee

Paolo: My fiancée Leann shows up looking very, very cute and very, very pregnant. Oh wait, today’s her due date!

Paolo: Here’s hoping for twins, Leann!
Leann: Has this fertility massage actually worked for your family, Paolo?
Paolo: It’s unpredictable and more like wishful thinking, but still beats just twiddling our thumbs, right?
Auntie Banana had two sets of twins, one set with several fertility massages and one set without any at all.  *keeps massaging intently

Ranma: Takumi’s so lucky to have rolled Mansion Baron, which he instantly completed!
Mine is Master Chef so all I can do during my teen years is work on my cooking and mixology skills.

Ranma: Sure, go ahead and brew yourself some coffee, Leann.
(to himself) If she’s tired, why doesn’t Paolo send her home?
She should be preparing to give birth, not drinking coffee and photobombing me! *texts Paolo, telling him to call Leann over and ask her to leave

Ranma: Wow, the Homey lot trait is waaaay overpowered!
I prepare five dishes to complete the Master Chef’s “Cook 5 excellent meals” goal in Very Inspired mood.
By the time I’m done, I’ve soared to L7 in both Homestyle and Gourmet Cooking!

Saturday

Ranma: Dude, is your dad okay? Old age must really be taking its toll on him.
Paolo: Nah, we just rallied the troops so his Energy is maxed. Because he’s a Lazy sim, he loves his siestas.

W: Oh, look how cute, Dulce! You pucker your lips while gaming, just like your father Yuki does!
And go me! I figured out how to overlay a photo so we can compare Yuki and Dulce!

Dulce: Arrrgggh, game over! Didn’t Dad teach you not to distract someone during a boss battle?
W: Oops?

Week 24/Sunday

Takumi: Not to obsess or anything, but maxing Fitness hasn’t transformed my body yet, Uncle Donato.
I sincerely hope there’s a middle ground between looking like a straw and looking like Paolo the Hulk.
Donato: Don’t sweat it, Takumi. You’ll gradually grow into your body. No need to rush!
Takumi: Thanks for the advice, Uncle Donato! Whoa, I have so many aspiration points already!
*buys Carefree, Never Weary, and Professional Slacker

Donato: Oh and remember! No more than 90 minutes of epic weightlifting for you, or Watchette will skin me alive!

Dulce: Hey, the TV disappeared for a long time but now it’s back!
W: Yes, I put it back up to reward you for maxing all your skills except Mischief. Great job, Dulce!
Dulce: Why do you hide the TV, Watchette?
W: The adults are constantly try to watch the Comedy or Romance channel. Very Playful can be deadly, you know!

Dulce: Grrrr, this room has those irritating wind chimes! *gets an Angry +1 “Annoying Chimes” moodlet
W: You’re the first sim I’ve met that dislikes the wind chimes. According to her moodlet, “If Dulce were taller, she’d rip those chimes down when nobody was looking.”

Dulce: Nothing beats watching “Lost Dog’s Journey Home” with Daddy. I love him so much!
Yuki: Will you still be my little girl after your teen birthday on Tuesday?
Dulce: Oh Daddy, of course! You are my most favorite sim in the whole wide simverse!
Yuki and Dulce (in unison): Oh noooo! Watch out for the mummies, puppy!

Nao: Banana, you better stop offering everyone a massage! You’re turning into your mother Marci!
W: *cancels the massage and sends Banana to fish at the opposite end of the neighborhood

Paolo: I’ve noticed that Watchette is deliberately not letting Auntie Banana give me pre-work massages.
Donato: Still, she’s causing other family members to drop queues by offering them a massage!
W: I wonder what determines which sims will behave like this? It’s so disruptive and annoying!

Paolo (pumps first): Yahoo! Now this is what I’m talking about!
Donato: Congrats on earning two promotions in two days, son. You’re a Level 6 Painter now, correct?
Paolo: Yes, Negotiate Bonus definitely helped me out today! And, of course, your aromatherapy massage as well!

Donato: Glad I could help out, Paolo. It’s great to see you so motivated!
Paolo: Thanks, Dad. I’ve felt like such a loser after that whole detective debacle and I never got promoted even once!

By the way, Leann gave birth to a baby girl! We’ve named her Mikaela. Let’s go visit when she ages up!

Monday

Donato: Because he started out with Mansion Baron, Takumi completes a barrage of aspirations and amasses considerable points, while Ranma waits to join the Chef career.
Takumi: Thanks for mentoring me, Uncle Donato. That’s a wrap for Nerd Brain! Next, Bestselling Author.
Donato: Great idea, Takumi. I’ll mentor you in writing.

Ranma: Hey, I’m not just waiting around! I’ve maxed a few useful skills as well; I just can’t switch to other aspirations yet.
Since my teen birthday, I’ve maxed Mixology, Fitness, and Handiness.  I’m L9 Guitar and almost done with both Cooking skills, too.

Banana: See, Watchette? I can be useful, too! Do you like me when I mentor my kids?
W: Banana, I like you so much that I’ve moved the massage tables to an inaccessible part of the roof.
What a hassle to have to go into Build mode and move a massage table before every work shift.
But if this is what it takes to nip your recent massage obsession in the bud, Banana, it’ll be worth the extra trouble!

Tuesday

Dulce: Finally, 7 am rolls around and it’s time for our teen birthdays!
Ranma: Takumi and I take a vacation day from school to join in the festivities (and I may have a dinner party goal to complete for Master Chef).
Banana and Yuki: Happy birthday, Dulce!
Dulce: I'm now Gloomy and Childish with the Angling Ace aspiration.
W: Surprisingly, she ages up from blue cc hair to blue Maxis hair!

Banana: Rina doesn't fare as well as Dulce in the genetics department, but we knew this was coming.
She rather resembles some of the less attractive female members of the Mori clan.
Yuki: Yup, that’s all you and the Mori genes, dear!
Banana: Hey! Are you asking to sleep on the couch tonight, Yuki darling?
Anyway, Rina is now Active and Loves the Outdoors with the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration. She'll be moving out after this party.

Yuki: On the other hand, Dulce turns out to be the most beautiful female sim thus far born into the Mori clan!
This is due, no doubt, to her childhood resemblance to me!
W: As you’ll see in the next chapter fuzzy collage in the next post, Dulce is gorgeous even with very light make-up. *happy sigh

Vote for the Gen5 Heir, Please

As I mentioned previously (I think), the twin sons and Dulce will remain until space is needed to move in spouses, have children, and so forth.
I haven't figured out yet the best timing to move Donato and his son Paolo out (Paolo, of course, needs to finish his career first).
I would love to see Dulce’s nooboos, but only the chosen Gen5 heir (Ranma or Takumi) can bring forth the Gen6 potential heirs. (I know you knew that, but sometimes I need to remind myself…)

You’ve seen enough screenshots of both Ranma (black/red) and Takumi (brown/glasses).
Below, therefore, I provide only their stats, including their adult trait which I rolled today.
The boys are equally matched in looks, skills, and traits, except that Takumi has had a huge head start in earning aspiration points.

Ranma
Traits:          Art Lover, Geek, (Non-Commital)   
Aspirations:  Rambunctious Scamp; Master Chef (can’t start, but necessary skilling already finished)
Career:        Culinary/Chef

Takumi
Traits:           Neat, Creative, (Dance Machine)
Aspiration:    Artist Prodigy; Mansion Baron (done)
Career:         One of the new City Living Careers (Social Media/Internet Celebrity?)

For reference:
Dulce
Traits:          Gloomy, Childish (Art Lover)
Aspiration:   Rambunctious Scamp; Angling Ace
Career:       I don't know. Critic/Art Critic?

Thanks for reading! Please take a minute to post your preference, Ranma or Takumi! Or, if you really must, Dulce...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: Dulce Sweetens Up & The Gen5 Heir Vote (10/31)
« Reply #283 on: October 31, 2016, 08:10:07 PM »
Bonus Collage

Because she's so durn cute! (Sorry the collage turned out kinda blurry... :( )

Dulce Mori: Gloomy, Childish (Angling Ace aspiration)

From left to right: Everyday, Formal, Athletic, and Party outfits

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Mori Legacy: Dulce Sweetens Up & The Gen5 Heir Vote (10/31)
« Reply #284 on: November 01, 2016, 01:31:09 AM »
Team Takumi for the win!

*waves the foam finger that's going around the story boards ;D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*