Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132023 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Marriage, Death, and the New Heir
« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2016, 04:26:22 AM »
@Magpie2012 @LivvieLove @Whirligig @HelenP @Narrin2045  and @FrancescaFiori
     Thank you so much for sharing your preferences for the next heir.
As you’ve probably guessed, the vote came out to 5 for Takumi, 0 for Ranma, and 1 undecided.

@Whirligig
     Yes, I love the food stalls! They’re the developers' attempt to introduce multiethnicity into the simverse at least on the culinary level and the choices they made fascinate me to no end!

@FrancescaFiori
     I’m not worried about the boys’ thinness, really. I think it’s a combination of having a very slender father and still being teenagers. I think Yuki’s pretty perfect in terms of physique, so I don’t mind how his sons look now. It’s funny to let the teens have body image issues. Oddly, Dulce aged up into a teen with a young adult body.
     It shocked me to hear that you had a death by electrocution in your seventh generation, not only that you persisted so long but also that you played your legacy very many generations. Did you finish?
     Thank you for your tips about electrocution—we’ll see if I can manage it sometime soon. ;-)
     And what did you say?  Miko as secondary spouse? My dear Francesca, you know me too well…

@Narinn2045
     I’d initially thought I’d go the Big Red Button route but when I tested it separately two months ago, I learned that only a Level 7 Scientist could press the button. That’s quite an investment of aspiration points (if buying Connections) or work days (if not buying Connections). I don’t think I could resist skilling up a sim that lived in the legacy house that long.
     The problem with moving a Scientist in to the legacy house is that the Scientist’s work hours are the same so it’s impossible to tell if a Scientist is Level 1 or Level 6. :(
     I look forward to seeing how you approach the various death types. :D

5.47 The Mori Legacy: Marriage, Death, and the New Heir

Week 24/Saturday

Dulce: Lol, look at Dad struggling to eat with his chopsticks!
Ayaki: I don’t know, Dulce. Your father may lack control but he holds his chopsticks perfectly.
On the other hand, I saw you shoveling down your food earlier, while clutching your chopsticks in your fist. Tsk, tsk.
Dulce: Oh, you saw that? *suddenly wants to climb into a hole somewhere

W: I suddenly notice the Build mode icon and eagerly click it, prepared to add two or three picnic tables to the “food court.”
Alas, Myshuno Meadows' only editable section is the squarish Center Park enclosed by fencing, which contains the wedding area and two-story building.

Takumi: While the rest of the household dines over at the “food court,” I’m still over by the two-story building.
I’m trying to make friendly inroads with a certain older woman named Miko Ojo.

Takumi: She’s a Politician working for the Concerned Citizens of San Myshuno, which rather surprised me.
With her torendi clothes (a Japanese neologism for “trendy”), I’d incorrectly assumed that she’d be working in either the Critic or Social Media careers.

Miko (to herself): This boy is awfully cute and very sharp. And he’s not hard on the eyes, either!
(to Takumi): So….did you mention that you’d be having a birthday anytime soon, my new friend who is adorable but nonetheless still underage?

Ranma: We stop by the Arts Quarter one last time on the way home so I can check for wasabi, but both stalls are gone.
W: I click on Ranma to stop that awful singing and find a new option: “Read Guide about Art Quarters.”

Ranma: It says here that a Humor and Hijinks Festival is held here every other Monday.
Dulce: Huh, I wish we’d known about the guides three days ago! By the way, have any of you met that cute Asian guy from the City Living trailer?
He wears a short brown leather jacket and a light yellow hoodie with a koi stenciled on the front. I got my eye on him!

Schedule of Festivals
Flea Market (I only know that it's on Sundays but not whether it alternates or not)
Humor and Hijinks Festival (Arts Quarter, every other Monday)
Geekcon (Fashion District, every other Tuesday, 10 am –  4 pm)
Spice Festival (Spice Market, every other Friday, 5 pm – 1 am)
Romance Festival (Fashion District, every other Saturday, 5 pm - 1 am)

Donato: We just got back from the City. Why are we jogging over by the Shrieking Llama Bar?
Banana: Not sure, but you and I must have gotten the same urge at the same time!
W: This is my new way of keeping unruly sims out of my hair. Banana and Donato will just stay out by the Shrieking Llama Bar, chatting.
No crafting unneeded dragon sculptures, no watching playful-inducing TV, no massage-related urges, and so forth.
They simply stay out here, happily chatting away together, until I have them return to the house. There's a grill, picnic tables, and bush--they're all set.

Week 25/Sunday

Banana: I know what you’re all thinking: “What? They’re visiting San Myshuno for the fourth day in a row?” We do have a very valid reason for coming back!

Donato: First, we drop by Spice Market by mistake and find a Flea Market offering nothing of interest. Where was that Produce stall?

Takumi: We find the Produce stall in Arts Quarter, and it’s finally open.
Wow, being able to buy pomegranates, blackberries, and tomatoes right off the bat would be so handy for a novice gardener or an immortal dynasty founder!
Ranma: But no wasabi! Do you think I’ll only be able to buy wasabi at the Spice Festival?
W: Yes, @FrancescaFiori confirmed that it’s available at a Swag Stall then.
I also looked at Buy Mode earlier and see that we’ve still missed several stalls: Moroccan Food, Vietnamese Food, the Uptown Gourmet Food Stall, and the Uptown Cupcake Stall!

Yuki: Some dude shows up next to the Produce stall to sell MySims trophies, including the rare Carl the Zombie that's missing from our collection.
Of course, I snatch it up! Now we’re only missing two rare MySims trophies!

Paolo: And now we come to our main goal for visiting the City today—Leann and I are getting married!
W: The arch is a very nice touch, but Dulce keeps running off to use the Observatory while other guests keep running off to the bar, even during the ceremony. What an unruly bunch, lol.

Banana: I try lighting the White Battery Pack behind the wedding arch, causing a series of fireworks that's triggered when confetti falls over Paolo and Leann. Woo!

Takumi: Since the patch, party guests seem to have difficulty distinguishing between cutting a wedding cake and blowing out birthday candles.
The horn-blowing hardly seems appropriate at a wedding reception! *looks on with Morris-esque disapproval

Carlos: I’m so happy to be invited to my nephew Paolo’s wedding along with my wife and daughters!
But the sunlight is very harsh this afternoon. I’ll need to shade my eyes.
And I’m suddenly feeling so tired. Maybe I should just lie down here and rest before joining the reception.

Dulce: I know Uncle Carlos has died, because I caught a glimpse of him from the porch.
And it’s been close to two hours since his death, yet the Grim Reaper still hasn’t arrived.
Seems a pity to do this in my gown, but I have Dad mentor me while I upgrade the toilet for the Nerd Brain aspiration.

Banana: Looking out the second-floor window, I see that Grim has finally arrived.
I wonder if Dad will plead for the life of Donato’s twin brother Carlos.
Rest in peace, dear Carlos! You were a supportive brother, an amazing mentor, and the most gentle soul.
W: I must confess that I’d begun to entertain doubts that Grim would ever show up… 

Dulce: Having completed the toilet upgrade, I go downstairs to console Grandpa Nao on his loss.
Then, at long last, we all head for home.

Yuki: As soon as we get home, Takumi invites over a young adult he discovers among his contacts.
Akira Kibo’s in the Tech Guru career and a roommate of Miko Ojo.
Dulce: I learn that he’s Romantic, Jealous, and Self-Assured. He’s wearing the same jacket as the man of my dreams but in different colors.
W: There’s no hurry, Banana. We’re just exploring your options, okay?

Monday

Yuki: Before calling it a day, Banana and I ask Donato take photos of us using the Photo Studio.
Banana: Have I told you lately how crazy I am about you, Yuki?
Yuki: Awww, you are the sunshine of my life. That’s why I’ll always be around you. You are the apple…
Banana: Wait, wait! Are you channeling Stevie Wonder now?
Yuki: Oh no, busted again!

Tuesday

Dulce: I’m so bored lately! I don’t want to spend my whole life skilling away, and there’s nothing fun to do!
Paolo: I know! Watchette’s put away the TV and the woodworking table. Also, all the computers are turned so we can’t play video games!
W: About the TV, you all tend to like comedy programs and I worry that you’ll get too playful. It’s for your own good.
But hey, look what I got for y’all today!

Yuki: Ranma and I are Geeks and all four of us have Level 10 Video Gaming skill. If this multiplayer video gaming console doesn’t fill our Fun meter, nothing will!
Paolo: What’s Takumi doing? Why doesn’t he come play?
Yuki: Leave him be. He just needs to write one more bestseller.

Banana: Just look at you, Yuki! You’re as bad as the kids!
Yuki: Sshhhh, let me focus! Right this moment, I’m winning!

Thursday

Yuki: A little past midnight, I phone in a dinner party to celebrate the birthdays of Ranma and Takumi.
Banana: Ranma ages up and adds Non-Committal to his Art Lover and Geek traits.
Ranma: After blowing out my candles, I immediately join the Culinary career. I only need to reach Level 8 Chef to complete my Master Chef aspiration. About time!

Takumi: After blowing out my candles, I add Dance Machine to my Neat and Creative traits.
Banana: Takumi, I officially turn over to you, as the fifth-generation heir, the mantle of the Mori Legacy.  Why are you looking so serious, son?
Takumi: I’m thinking of my first duty: choosing a Primary Spouse.

Nao: I really love my Day of the Dead outfit, especially the hat! I just wish I had more chances to wear it, you know. Donato, is it true that you moved to The Lighthouse Wednesday afternoon?
Donato: Yep. Well, Goofball Klepto Madeleine Sweeney, you've aged up to young adult with the Loves the Outdoors trait, which disqualifies you as Primary Spouse material.

Paolo: Looking through my contacts, I find a young adult woman with three unique traits: Dr. Bethany May.
But where do I know her from? Oh right, she was stalking Dad and me at San Myshuno’s Skye Fitness Gym a few days ago.

Paolo: Despite the late hour, I invite Bethany over so Takumi can meet her.

Takumi: Mom is so lucky! She married Dad as her Primary Spouse and they've remained so madly in love.
On the other hand, I must choose a Primary Spouse out of duty. It can’t be helped. *sighs heavily
Bethany May is Mean, Childish, and Clumsy as well as a Level 9 Doctor. I befriend her and then ask her to move in. *shudders involuntarily

Yuki: Son, what comes next will be easier if you don't particularly know or like her...

W: I’m a little tempted to try to complete the Doctor career with her by correctly treating 5 patients, but no.
Instead, we’ll be replacing Detective and Doctor with four of the new City Living careers.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Marriage, Death, and the New Heir
« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2016, 04:30:10 AM »
And so it begins.

My name is Takumi Mori and I have just assumed leadership of the Mori Legacy as its fifth-generation heir.

I have started out by joining a career and moving in a Primary Spouse with three unique traits.
Make no mistake: I am ready and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure the continuing success of this legacy.

However, don’t let the glasses mislead you. You haven't seen much of me lately because I've been busy completing Bestselling Author.
I may appear to be dark and serious but I am, after all, a creative dance machine!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Marriage, Death, and the New Heir (11/03)
« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »
Yay! I knew it! Miko was destined for this legacy. I feel like EA made her just for you. :) As for the dream guy in the koi sweatshirt, I think you have to download him. He's on the gallery in a household called "The Gamers" or something like that from the official account MaxisCreator_01. (I was desperately searching for him, too. ;)) Go get him, Dulce!
I've been plugging away at my legacy pretty much since I got the game. It's a just-for-fun file that I dip back into whenever I need a break from other things. I'm pretty bored with it now. I didn't really take advantage of the secondary spouse option and the most recent generations are . . . not super cute. (And I'm shallow.)
One last thing about electrocution: I've tried getting sims dazed through other means (rocket ship crash, weaponized joke) and then having them try to fix things, and it doesn't work. I think it has to be a double-whammy of electrocution + electrocution.
More importantly, thank you so much for the festival schedule! I've just been blundering about, waiting for them to pop up randomly and I'm so excited to know I can actually plan around them a bit more. Exploring the city through your family is so fun. I haven't had a wedding at Myshuno Meadows, yet, and I was very excited to see Paolo and Leann's big day! Such a cute couple! Yay fireworks!
I also love the last shot of the new heir! Congratulations Takumi! What a view!

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #303 on: November 03, 2016, 03:06:27 PM »
Yay! Congratulations Takumi! How old is Miko right now? IS she still a young adult?
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #304 on: November 03, 2016, 09:40:14 PM »
*and Team Takumi goes wild chanting Ta-ku-mi repeatedly

Yayness! As if there was any doubt that our bespectacled hottie was going to win!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #305 on: November 04, 2016, 01:20:44 AM »
Yay! Generation 5! you're almost over the hump!
Go Takumi!

At least he's got a lovely spouse with unique traits - though finding someone with unique traits is only going to get harder and harder I imagine.

<3 Dulce in that first picture was SO cute!

Do I sense Miko babies in the future for Takumi? That would be lovely (wiggles eyebrows).

The wedding was gorgeous, and the fireworks were an awesome touch!
Even though everyone was acting all inappropriate and stuff. Ah well. Life of the sims, right?
Good luck with those new careers! Hopefully it'll not bug out on you!
I know I've said this already, but I'm still happy the Mori's are here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: The Electrifying Dr. Bethany May
« Reply #306 on: November 04, 2016, 07:14:10 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
Oh! Thanks to you, I did find and download the sim in question. I’d not thought to look for him in the Gallery for some reason and was hanging about in Spice Market, waiting for him to show up, lol.
As for electrocution, hehehehe.
Edited to add: I wanted to try a non-legacy game with Danny & Dulce, but found that Danny's household has disappeared from MaxisCreator_01's account. I just downloaded it without adding to my already-full Library, so now I need to save him to Library from my legacy file. I wonder why he took the sims out? (It is kinda plagiarized in Gallery...)

@Narinn2045
Yes, Miko starts out as a young adult.

@Magpie2012
Thanks so much for supporting Takumi! He and I both thank you!

@LivvieLove
     This legacy challenge ends with the birth of Gen10, so I’m a just a wee bit past the halfway mark right now.
     Yes, I agree with you that finding unique traits will get harder. I’m not sure if it helps, but I’ve initially been choosing spouses with the less positive traits, hoping that this will leave more attractive Primary Spouses (trait-wise) for future heirs.
     Let’s see, four more heirs will marry (Gen6 through Gen9), with 27 traits left to choose from. If I reach the end of this legacy with all 27 unique traits (9 heirs x 3 traits), there will be 15 traits out of the total 42 still unused traits. Math, math, math!
     Haha, the wedding was pretty funny. It’s my fault for using that venue without editing it at all first. The observatory definitely needs to be removed before any weddings. And maybe have the bar and dining area near the wedding arch area. :D

5.48 The Mori Legacy: The Electrifying Dr. Bethany May

Week 25/Thursday

Dulce: I don’t mind that my brothers’ birthday party lasted so long that I missed school, but what’s she doing here?
I remember her drooling all over Uncle Donato while he was mentoring me at Skye Fitness Gym last Friday.
And she’s twice my size!
Bethany: I can’t believe my luck! I’m living here in this House of Hunks? Life can’t get better than this!

Takumi: While Dulce is busy dissing my Primary Spouse, Ranma and I both get additional everyday outfits.
That’s odd! I have Connections but I’m only Level 3 in the Social Media career.
W: I think that’s because the career branches at Level 4, dear.
Takumi: Makes sense. Let’s see, my career requires me to level up Mischief or Comedy, and we all know how this family feels about Comedy.
But Mischief? I have the perfect victim--I mean, friend--for building Mischief. *gives fake bad news

Takumi: Yay, Level 3 Mischief! I’ll need to visit the Spice Market later today, but I’ll wait for Paolo to bring home his L9 promotion.
Well, Bethany, thnxkbye!
W: Takumi, you’ll need to wait a little longer than that. Not too much longer, I hope.

Ranma: Takumi and I both start work tomorrow, so I phone in to Negotiate a Bonus. Oh yeah, the boss liked what I have to say!
Dad, I’m grateful that your “Recommend Self-Esteem Exercise” social helped boost my confidence.
But you didn’t have to photobomb my moment in my new red/black threads!

Bethany: It’s nice to meet you, too, Watchette. So let me get this straight.
I live here in this luxury mansion with that scrumptious Takumi as my spouse and the family’s so stinking rich that I don’t need to work?
W: Yes, Bethany, that’s the gist of things. We just need you to use your brilliant mind to help out with a special project.
Bethany: Well yes, people often say I’m brilliant. Oh, simply fix a few things? Piece of cake!

Bethany: And you’ve even prepared a separate room so I can better concentrate on the project? Nice!
Wow, you people must listen to music a lot! Awww, the flooring and chair are color-coordinated with my pants! Oh, what's this drink here?
W: Don’t forget to drink that, Bethany. It’s a special potion to help you make repairs faster!

Takumi (whispers): What does that potion actually do, Watchette?
W: It’s an Essence of Dazed, provided by a certain blue Criminal/Boss long ago during Nami Mori’s era.
Takumi: *crosses fingers
W: Oops, I better remove the Homey lot trait or she'll get a Handiness boost!

Bethany: Well, Paolo’s back from work, so I might as well get started. Thanks for the hat to keep my hair out of my eyes.

Takumi (whispers): What happened to all the other broken stuff?
W: I had to put it away. It was giving her an Uncomfortable moodlet that was over-riding her Dazed moodlet.
Takumi (still whispering): And that ridiculous bear hat?
W: It gives her a Dazed mood. It’s just a little extra insurance against her other moodlets.

W: Oh yeah, she finally gets the Seriously Fried moodlet while fixing the computer!  *pumps fist victoriously
Takumi (reads description): Something about not messing with anything electric for the next three hours.
W: Yep. She also still has her moodlets from the cowplant essence and the animal hat.

Takumi: And after repairing three Kaboom Boxes, getting Seriously Fried from repairing a computer, then fixing a Slick Beats radio, my Primary Spouse kicks the bucket.
W: All in a day’s work, son, all in a day’s work!
Takumi: Dad was right! I don’t care much about a stalker from the gym, but I wouldn’t want this to have happened to someone I’ve known since grade school, like Adrian or Madeleine!

Grim Reaper: Congratulations, Takumi! Death by electrocution is this legacy’s 11th and final death type.
Fantastic work on your first day as heir! Very impressive!
Takumi: Well, I did befriend her and move her in but, after that, I only provided moral support to Watchette who handled all the setup.
Grim Reaper: Whatever. This seems to be one of the hardest deaths to make happen, so take pride in the achievement!
Takumi: *basks in the glory

Takumi: And now, I’m ready to start on my Work-from-Home task: Get to Know 3 Sims in Spice Market. We're off to San Myshuno (again).
W: Look who FrancescaFiori helped us find in the Gallery! He and his roommate have moved into The Old Salt House.
Takumi: Hey sis, come over here and introduce yourself to Danny!

Dulce (to herself): Oh nice! I was thinking of moving over to sit next to him, but he scoots over first!
Danny: Hi, my name’s Danny Shino-Miller. Takumi was saying he had a sister named Dulce,  but….wow!
Dulce: Shino-Miller’s your family name? I just knew you were part Japanese!
Danny: You know me already?
Dulce: I mean, when I first saw you, I thought you….never mind. I’m really glad to meet you! *smiles cutely

Takumi: To give Dulce some space, I get up to go meet Danny’s roommate, Chad LeBeouf.
Oh heck no, Ranma! Why are you doing an Enchanting Introduction on him? Next time, you’re not coming with! Ugh, how awkward! Now Chad’s feeling very flirty…

Takumi: My third “Get to Know” involves Tech Guru Arun Bheeda. He’s Family-Oriented, Ambitious, and a Vegetarian.
He also could be a cousin of Wendell Spiffendale?
Anyway, Arun and I agree to meet again. I’m looking forward to meeting his wife.

Takumi: I’m done here in Spice Market, Dulce, so we need to get you home to do your homework.
But first, one more short stop in the Fashion District.

Dulce: Uh yeah, Danny, I’m in high school now, but my birthday’s in four days. *starry-eyed grin
Danny: Girl, you better not forget to invite me to your birthday party!
Dulce: Never! *squees very, very discreetly

Takumi: Miko isn’t at home, but I do make the acquaintance of Darling Walsh, the third member of the Karaoke Legends household.
Reading the household description, I learn that Miko has a secret crush on Akira. Seriously? We’ll see about that!
I meet up with Miko by traveling with her to the Fashion District’s karaoke bar.

Takumi: I already have the “Ask to Move In” option with Miko, but what should I do?
If she has the City Native aspiration, she will never complete it if she chooses to move in with me.
Well, I guess I should leave that decision up to her and take the plunge.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Miko: Sure, you're pretty cool, Takumi. I'd love to live with you in the Windenberg Countryside.

Takumi: Now that you’ve moved in, I can be honest with you and say that I fell in love with you at first sight!
Miko: You’ve always attracted me, Takumi, so I’m glad that you’re a young adult now. I’d been feeling a little odd crushing on a high school student.
Takumi: So, I know that you’re in the Politician career, but what’s your aspiration in life?
Miko (glumly): I’m a Serial Romantic.
Takumi: *at a loss for words

Takumi: Oh baby girl, if your heart belongs to me, I think I might be able to tolerate you finishing your aspiration.
Miko: Seriously? *face brightens
Takumi: Obviously, I draw the line at woohoo with other sims, though. I’m not interested in that open of a relationship.
Miko: Of course, of course. Just a first kiss, ask to be girl/boyfriend, then ask to be just friends. And all the required dates are with you.
Please don’t say no, Takumi. You know I had no control over choosing my aspiration.

Takumi: I just ask that you go about completing Serial Romantic in a manner that won’t trigger my jealousy.
Can you do that? Or shall I also do Serial Romantic at the same time, so I won’t feel so jealous?

Miko: My adorable Takumi, let me teach you why you want to wait for me instead, so we can later do Soulmate together.
Takumi: I’m learning, I’m learning!

Takumi: I’ve been waiting to ask you this question ever since high school, Miko, but would you be my girlfriend?
Miko: Yes, of course, I most absolutely want to be your girlfriend!
Takumi:  I could live without your Serial Romantic aspiration, Miko, but I definitely do not want to live without you!

Miko: Don’t you worry, Takumi. I’m going to make sure you always know that you’re the only one in my heart.
Takumi: And I’m going to love you so much that no one else will be able to squeeze their way in.
Miko: We’re going get through this, right?
Takumi: Yes, we will. You can bet your cute little bottom, we will!

Remarks

Yay! All of the eleven types of death are now complete!

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed by Miko’s Serial Romantic aspiration, but I’m hoping that she can complete it quickly.  Too bad the “Erase memory” social is only available for aliens.

As for the cutie-pie Danny Shino-Miller, his aspiration is City Native which he could never complete while living in the Mori household. So although he can still be Dulce’s spouse and baby daddy, he will never be moved in. Or I could move him in and he'd just never complete his aspiration but could still earn aspiration points in other ways.
I have four sim-days to think Danny's scenario over...

Thanks for reading!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Mori Legacy: The Electrifying Dr. Bethany May (11/04)
« Reply #307 on: November 04, 2016, 08:24:06 AM »
Move over Queen Nutella, we have Empress Oshizu in our midst! Daymn gurl! You are the Empress of Death! I know that doesn't sound like a good thing, but, trust me, it is so totally a compliment!!!

Serial romantic sucks *glares at Kari* thankfully it can be completed without whoohoo else I would feel like a real pimp lol

Miko is so freaking gorgeous and Takumi is so freaking handsome, you just KNOW they're gonna make beautiful nooboos together! Good choice, Watchette (need to PM you something about that)

Okay, I love you, buh-bye ;D props to the person who recognises that phrase

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
Re: The Mori Legacy: The Electrifying Dr. Bethany May (11/04)
« Reply #308 on: November 04, 2016, 04:32:58 PM »
I'm glad Miko doesn't have the City Native aspiration, but yeah, Serial Romantic is a bit of a drag. Hopefully, it can be completed quickly :) .
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: The Girl Can't Help It
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2016, 11:22:04 AM »
@Magpie2012
Thanks for the compliment. Of course, as soon as I complete all eleven death types, City Living introduces a twelfth one: death by pufferdish. For me, fire and electrocution were hardest to set up.
I’m waiting for that PM you mentioned. I didn’t recognize your “I love you, buh-bye” phrase.

@Narinn2045
After all our discussion about electrocution, you didn’t mention it at all, lol.
Yeah, Serial Romantic’s a drag, not impossible but I’d rather have her doing other things. Thanks for reading and posting, Narinn!

5.49 The Mori Legacy: The Girl Can’t Help It

Week 25/Friday

Dulce: Oh, I’ve finally found you two! So this where you’ve been since Thursday morning!
Banana: Well, I must say that I’d rather spend time over here with Yuki than with my brother Donato.
Yuki: Still, didn’t it seem like your reign was rather short, Banana?
Banana: Not at all, Gen2 achieved nine of the death types and Gen3 did the “10 children” goal, but we didn’t anything do anything that special.
Yuki: So now my beautiful wife and I mostly chill over here, awaiting nooboos to mentor.

Dulce: Why is the tent so close to the grill?
Yuki: That’s where it was “placed in world,” but now I don’t get the option to put it back in my inventory.
Banana: Why are you home from school, young lady?
Dulce: My young adult birthday’s on Monday so I’m taking the day off. You really forgot my birthday, Mom?

Miko: I’m pretty sure I’m pregnant! It would be great if Paolo gets his last promotion today!
Then I could hope for twins! Well, I better get the show on the road before I start showing.

Akira: Whoa, this is one bad room, Miko! At first, I was bummed that you’d moved out but now I totally see why.
If the Mori’s had asked me to move in, I would have said yes in a second!
Miko: Yeah, well, how have you been? (What did I ever see in him, anyway?)

Takumi: Today's my first day of work and I earn a promotion to Level 4 and branch to the Internet Celebrity career, thanks to working from home yesterday.
You’re looking at a Simstagram Searcher, folks.
And yeah, since Miko didn’t come out to welcome me home, I figure she’s probably upstairs with someone.
I’ll just focus on preparing for work tomorrow… *feels a little distracted anyway
Whoa, I upload a video and it goes viral. I now have over 4.6 million followers!

Miko: Oh no, Takumi is home from work! I need to work faster. *wishes she could buy the Beguile trait
Okay, First Kiss #2, check!  Boyfriend #2, check!

Miko: Hey, Akira, let’s just be friends, okay?
Akira: Even if we’ve broken up, I’m glad we’re still friends.
Miko: Yeah, me too. Thank you and good bye, Akira. You can go home now!

Miko: I’m thinking that I should target elders because they won’t be around long enough to remember or remind me.
This elder is my third “strong romantic relationship.” 

Miko: Awww, honey, have you been up here fishing all this time?
Takumi: I didn’t want to overhear you talking with any of your “friends,” you know what I mean?
Miko: Well, the good news is that I’m on the third milestone now and I just need to…
Takumi: Nope, I don’t need any details, Miko. Just do what you need to, but make it quick, okay?
Miko: Come on then, you adorable man, you! Let’s go home!

W: How are you two doing out here? Ready to go home and sleep? Yuki, you have an 8-hour Flirty moodlet!
Yuki: Yeah, every time Banana serenades me, I get a 4-hour Flirty +2 “Sweet Serenade” moodlet. I guess it stacks.

Saturday

W: Very early in the morning, Miko gets the news she’s been waiting for!
Miko: I knew it! I’m eating for two! I must find Tak immediately to share the big news.

Takumi: Honey, that’s wonderful news!
Miko: Awww, I wish you looked more enthusiastic, sweetheart. I’ll take that as your very-happy-but-also-very-tired face.

Takumi: You’ve got it all wrong, Miko. Of course, I’m excited! You just caught me when I was deep in thought.
I’m so thrilled! We’re going to bring a new life into the simverse that shares a part of each of us!
Miko: That’s more like it! Thanks for the follow-up, sugar.

Paolo: Who rallied the troops in the middle of the night? I hardly got any sleep last night.
Ranma: Those portraits you did of Takumi and Miko came out super, Paolo! Where’s your portrait of, you know, Bethany May, the Primary Spouse?
Takumi: I renamed one of my unpublished biographies for her, so she’s covered, Ranma.
Paolo: Oh really? What’s the title?
Takumi: Let’s see….oh yeah, The Shocking Demise of Dr. Bethany May.

Miko: I realize that traveling will eliminate Ranma’s Very Inspired mood for work. Also, Paolo’s age bar is bubbling because today’s his adult birthday.
But, darn it, I really want to be done with Serial Romantic. Today, I’m up to 5/10 kisses and have had 5 boyfriends.
So, I’m traveling alone to the Romance Festival to see what progress I can make!
Aha, my first victim! I wonder what scattering petals over him does?

Miko: Totally worth attending the Romance Festival! All that’s left of Serial Romantic now is to kiss two more sims then go on three gold-medal dates with my hubby.
I give birth early Tuesday morning and I’d really love to finish Serial Romantic before then, you know?

Sunday

Miko: I return from San Myshuno past midnight and, how fabulous, there’s still time to throw a party for Paolo!
Banana: I’d wish you a happy birthday, my beloved nephew Paolo, but I’m too busy envying Miko’s sushi dress!
Paolo: Whatever.

Paolo: So, I’m just half a tick away from maxing Master of the Real on Monday. Would you mind if I move out soon after?
Miko: I give birth 10 to 12 hours after your work shift ends, so that timing works great for me!
Paolo: Hey, I have twins I’ve never met yet! I can’t move out fast enough!
Takumi: Let’s see find out if the “On Ley Line” lot trait actually boosts the chance for multiple births!

Miko: My tenth kiss is with my former boss, the politician Victor Feng.
After all my flirting at the Romance Festival and now kissing the very-married Victor, I’m so glad I don’t live in San Myshuno anymore!
On the plus side, except for three dates with Takumi, I’m all done with Serial Romantic! Yay!

Takumi (sighs): Do you have any idea how hard it’s been to pretend that I’ve not been not seething with jealousy?
Miko: Well, we’re now just one woohoo away from earning my third and last gold medal, darling.
Takumi: And then, you’ll be mine, all mine!

Monday

Dulce: I get my “celebrate birthday” notice at 7:30 am. Uncle Paolo and Takumi both work from 10, but I don’t care.
I can’t wait to see Danny Shino-Miller again, but this time as a young adult! Awwww, he’s not available to invite to my party!

But Mom and I are looking fabulous, while Paolo—who just became an adult yesterday—is looking haggard and decrepit. He didn't age very wel...
Banana: Why are you just standing there, Ranma! Go make the garden salad!

W: On another note, singing is now an officially banned club activity.
Yuki and Takumi are constantly in a flirty mood from Banana and Miko serenading them.
That’s fine for the unemployed Yuki, but not for Takumi, who doesn’t need to go to work flirty.

Tuesday

Takumi: Miko goes into labor at an unholy hour and so she decides to go to the hospital alone, to save time.
Miko: I don’t know how much the “On Ley Line” trait promotes multiple births, but here we are!
Yuki: I’d like to think that the fertility massage you asked me for last night also helped.

Takumi: I’m holding our first-born daughter, Maya.
Miko: And I’m holding our second-born daughter, Tami.

Dulce: Twins, bah! This does not bode well for my plan to raise my own child in this house.
Since the house is full, I can’t even get pregnant then move out, not that I have a baby daddy at the moment. Ahem!

I wonder who Watchette will move out next and when. Ranma’s only a Level 6 Chef, or I’m sure he’d be out the door already. That leaves my parents. Hmmmm.

And you know what? With my brothers’ jobs, Paolo moving, and the birth of the twins, I haven’t even had the chance to meet with Danny Shino-Miller since I aged up!
I ask, what kind of life is this? *phones Danny up to chat

Takumi: Another successfully negotiated bonus! But I’m still only Level 5!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: The Girl Can't Help It (11/07)
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2016, 01:48:26 PM »
Exciting update! I believe the "Okay I love you buh-bye" thing is from the Buttons and Mindy segment of the cartoon show Animaniacs, which was a favorite of mine as a kid. I think the whole series just recently got released on Netflix, but sadly my kids would not get into with me, so I'm going to have to re-watch it on my own. :) Anyway, I recommend it. A lot funnier and more absurd than most kids' cartoons.

The serenading thing is really powerful! Keeping sims in the right mood is getting harder and harder, even though it is really cute when they sing to each other.

Miko is a model of efficiency! Takumi is being very understanding, even if it does bother him a bit. I like how they are both just putting their heads down and getting through it. They're a good couple. We know they can stick it out through the hard times. :)

I'm really impressed that you're doing the social media career with Takumi. I'm playing it just for fun and getting enough followers to get promoted is really grueling!

Poor lonely Dulce! Hang in there, girl. I have it on good authority that in an alternate universe somewhere you and Danny are getting very cozy indeed!

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
Re: The Mori Legacy: The Girl Can't Help It (11/07)
« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2016, 05:34:34 PM »
Wow, you got that aspiration done fast! I cant wait to see what the girls look like when they age up.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: It's Hard to Find a Good Man in the City
« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2016, 06:17:20 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
Thanks for explaining Magpie’s phrase. I couldn’t figure it out even after googling, lol.
I’m very relieved that she’s done with Serial Romantic! But yeah, Takumi tried to stay out of her way.
Takumi started the career with maxed charisma & gaming; the first time he checked, he had 1.2 million followers. Twice, uploading a viral video and gained him 800,000 followers each time; once, he even got 1 mil. But In my for-fun file, I have a young adult with zero charisma in Social Media; he started with 15 or 25 followers, which only increases in very small increments.
Yes, I’d like to make room for Dulce to have a child, though it’s just a distraction from legacy goals, lol.

@Narinn2045
Miko totally lucked out with the Romance Festival, which explains why she finished so quickly.
Friday, she got two more first kisses and boyfriends. 3/10 kisses, 3/8 boyfriends
Saturday, she got two more kisses and boyfriends; then she went to the Romance Festival and snagged three more kisses and boyfriends, lol. 8/10 kisses, 8/8 boyfriends
I transferred one of the family’s clubs to Miko and set it up with romantic socials (but not woohoo). She just kept switching the club members to whoever was the current “target.”
I really didn’t want Miko’s aspiration to drag on. I want her to earn aspiration points and maybe get a job.

The Mori Legacy:It's Hard to Find a Good Man in the City

Week 26/Tuesday

Yuki: Do you sense that you and I might be moved out of this house soon?
Banana: Would that be such a terrible thing? We could even move into a ritzy apartment in San Myshuno!
Then we’ll make the family visit and upgrade all our stuff, right?
Yuki: Sounds nice, actually. And you know they’ll keep inviting us over to mentor the girls, anyway.

Takumi: No one works today, so we face an extremely tough decision: stay home and wait for the babies to cry, or spend the day sightseeing?
The Art Quarters in San Myshuno, it is!

Banana: You think I’m just going to stand here and let you disrespect me, dude?
Takumi: That poor guy has NO idea who he’s messing with. When Mom’s mad, we all keep our distance!

Ranma: Nothing much happening here in the Arts Quarter today, but the Moroccan stall’s here and open!
Hmmm, Brochette, Merguez, or Tajine…I order the Tajine and it’s simply divine!
It’s too bad we can’t open a restaurant that serves only Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine!

Danny: Thanks for inviting me along today. Sorry I missed your birthday. I don’t know how I missed your call.
Dulce: I’ve really been wanting to see you since then.
Danny: Same here, Dulce. Hey, Chad and I moved from Spice Market to this hood lately. Here’s my new address.
Dulce: *types in his contact info

Danny: I don’t mean to be too forward, but what about we ditch your family and go off by ourselves. Just you and me.
Dulce: Great idea! We better wait until Ranma finishes learning his Moroccan dish, though, or he’ll throw a fit.

Dulce: And I don’t mind you being forward, if you don’t mind me doing this.
Danny: Uh huh, we really need to lose the family, girl!

Takumi: A living statue, huh? Must be a boring way to make a living, if you ask me. *tips him
Oh really? I unlocked his outfit and now I can perform as a living statue? But what would the family say?

Yuki: Hey, Dulce, where’s Danny? I thought you two were over there flirting up a storm?
Dulce: Oh, I left him to tell you that Danny and I are going to Spice Market.
Banana: I guess he didn’t know, honey, cuz he’s disappeared. You better go find him, Dulce. Don't you know that it's hard to find a good man in the city?
A guy like Danny doesn’t grow on trees, Dulce!
Dulce: Gah, I forgot to tell him why I was coming over to talk with you.

Dulce: Well, Danny’s nowhere to be seen and my family’s gone home. I guess there’s only one choice. *goes to his apartment

Danny: Sorry for coming home, but you suddenly walked off and left me standing there for quite a while. I wasn’t sure what to do.
Dulce: My bad, Danny. *explains the misunderstanding

Dulce: I thought you and Chad both didn’t work. How do you two afford a crib like this in Hakim House?
Danny: We made some smart stock investments lately. *shrugs
Dulce: So do you still want to go sing karaoke?
Danny: In a little while. Hey, stop that! I’m ticklish there!

Danny: Awww, you asked me before I could ask you. Of course, I’ll be your boyfriend.
Dulce (to herself): Now that we’re officially an item, I need to convince Watchette to move Mom and Dad out…

Danny: Hey, I’m only Level 1 Singing, but let’s go to Waterside Warble in Spice Market.
Dulce: My singing’s pretty bad, but you know what? We might sound awful but we look fab together!

Dulce: Our tremendous talent deserves more space! Let’s take this action to the Fashion District’s Planet Honey Pop.
Danny: Well, now that we’re here….Oh look! The GeekCon is happening.
Dulce: Let me quickly buy a festival tee for my geeky Dad. There’s Uncle Donato sitting over there, dressed as Darth Vader!
Who knew he was a closeted cos-player?

Dulce: How disappointing! Planet Honey Pop’s karaoke machine is only for solos, honey.
Danny: So, what should we do now? Go back to Waterside Warble?  Go back to my place?
Dulce: Your place would be dangerous. Let’s just sit and chat.  I want to know everything about you, Danny.

Yuki: Takumi and I rush over when Dulce phones about GeekCon, but the Video Gaming Comp’s already over.
I still can’t believe we missed seeing the GeekCon notice!
Takumi: Yeah, we were all too busy trying not to notice Dulce having her first kiss with Danny.
Yuki: I’m signing up for the Pro Tournament, playing The Refuge.

Takumi: Dad’s a master gamer and comes in first place, no sweat!

Takumi: As girlfriends go, Dulce is definitely not very attentive. Does she even know where Danny’s gone?
In contrast, Miko watches me like a hawk!

Takumi: Who me? Since I need to level Mischief for my career, I figure I might as well become Chief of Mischief, too. *continues to clog the drain
And yes, that’s Akira Kibo conversing with the talking toilet, that weirdo.

Yuki: Takumi and I are dancing machines, so we vote to end the day at Narwahl Arms for dancing and drinking.
Banana: My older brother Donato shows up and becomes an elder, which comes as a shock to me.
Takumi: We’ll all have to pay a visit to The Lighthouse really soon!

Wednesday

Yuki: The boys throw a dinner party to celebrate my adult birthday. 
Ranma:  After the goal pops for three sims to get playful, the party nearly ends in disaster when...
Dulce: Dad, Ranma, and I end up hysterical.
Yuki: We immediately try calming down using mirrors, while Watchette re-enables all the disabled Inspired objects in both rooms. Phew!
Ranma: And just to be safe, the three of us go to bed right away to sleep it off.
W: Dinner parties always pop that “get playful” party goal. Maybe we need to switch to another party type.
House party? No one ever dies from getting too flirty. This dinner party was truly a near-disaster!

Thursday

Miko: We wake up early today to age up our girls who leap out of their bassinets this morning!
On your right with darker hair is Maya, a neat Whiz Kid.
On your left with pigtails is Tami, an Art Lover and Whiz Kid.

Takumi: And here’s a collage of our CAS portraits. The girls’s skintone is lighter than mine, but they seem to have my mouth.
Miko: Perhaps they share my nose, jawline, and cheeks?

Takumi: Don’t think I’ve forgotten about our wedding, Miko!
Miko: Oh, you mean you’re actually planning to make an honest woman out of me someday?
Takumi: You know it’s not like that. First, we were waiting for you to finish Serial Romantic.
Now that the girls have aged up, we’ll throw a wedding the next time Ranma and I both have the afternoon off. Promise!

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
Re: The Mori Legacy: It's Hard to Find a Good Man in the City (11/08)
« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2016, 06:53:28 AM »
The girls are adorable! Congrats on your new boyfriend, Dulce.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Mori Legacy: It's Hard to Find a Good Man in the City (11/08)
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2016, 08:43:12 AM »
Wooo, caught up after being away from the forum for a bit.

I loved most of the updates - glad the kids are getting on with their goals and - woah! Twins! Your game seems to have an affinity for them. I also love how you're showcasing the city living stuff (which my sister got for me for my birthday but I haven't installed yet - apparently it doesn't count as repopulating a dynasty world, so I'm waiting until I need a boost in households in my dynasty file. If I can wait that long).

Not sure if you saw this update from Pinstar/Mystic about the City Native aspiration? Essentially, if a sim comes with the aspiration, you are allowed to re-roll it. Not sure if that makes Dulce's decision easier or not...

The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

anything