Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 131984 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Hustlin' to Be Heir (11/15)
« Reply #330 on: November 16, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »
Go Moris! Way to get it done!

Welcome to little Kenta. You are going to be a seriously attractive guy. His smile is already adorable. Sorry to see Daddy Danny go, but the world must be populated with children one way or another!

I'm glad to know you're letting yourself relax and play for fun. Windenburg TOTALLY needs its own butler cafe. If Danny is still unemployed, he could be a very charming waiter once he's moved out, right? Maybe?

I will do my best to hold out until the girls age up. A personal response to a tweet from V? Oh, Tami, you are IN! I'll just put "Dope" on repeat and sigh over that dreamy poster until birthday time comes.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: She All Hip-Hop!
« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2016, 07:18:20 AM »
@Whirligig
Having that many unemployed sims around would drive me insane, too. How do you decide what to do with them, if they don't have career tasks to work on? :P 
  In this update, Danny tries to solve the burning question of what should be done with three unemployed adult sims…

@Caterina
What is your secret for playing a ten-generation household without giving up due to lagging and other glitching? I remember your Hayes Apocalypse house even had separate rooms for each career.

@FrancescaFiori
Yes, thanks to everyone’s moral support and encouragement, the family inches ahead!
If we’re talking about V rather than Jungkook, I hope you will take a look at their “Blood, Sweat, and Tears” music video instead.

And the silliness continues…

5.53 The Mori Legacy: She All Hiphop!

Hi, it’s me, Maya! Seems like we’ve got a few birthdays coming up this week!

Week 27/Wednesday

Maya: Tami and I often come home from school tense, so we always watch TV a little before starting our homework or skilling.
Danny: You girls sure love the cooking shows, huh? What are you watching today?

Maya: It’s that new VH1 series, “Martha and Snoop Dogg’s Potluck Party.”
Danny: What are they wearing? Snoop Dogg’s dressed like Karate Kid, but Martha looks like she’s wearing a graduation robe.
Tami: Boxers’ robes, I think, cuz they’re competing for the Fried Chicken Championship.

Danny: Seriously? Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg?
Maya: Yeah, I didn’t know they were friends, either. But I’m a big fan of Snoop Dogg—just don’t read the lyrics, right?
Tami: Look, Snoop’s paired up with Seth Rogen and Martha’s with Wiz Khalifa.  Just wow! Whatever, it’s a pretty funny show.
Danny: Gives me a great idea about what to do with that empty room, too!

Maya: Well, since Danny’s mentioned that empty room, now might be a good time for a house tour.
Watchette can show you around while Maya and I finish up our school work and aspirations.

W: You’ve seen the front of the house a lot. On each side of the roofless, central corridor, there are two front rooms without walls.

As obvious from this Build mode shot of the first floor, roughly 20% of the 64x64 lot is empty.
That empty area is occupied by a rocketship or a space gym, depending on who’s working on what.
The space gym isn’t left out anymore because the children have recently started obsessing over it and constantly turning Playful.

The two front rooms on the right side of the corridor form a large Inspired area for cooking, painting, and music.
For household-only dinner parties, all the objects that boost Inspired mood usually need to be disabled.
Parties with more guests are held outside.

On the other side of the corridor, you’ll find the living room and the work-prep rooms.
The massage tables in the Yoga Room stay in an inaccessible part of the roof, except when needed.
There’s a small bathroom connected to the Focus Room and Yoga Room, allowing all work prep to take place in the same general area.

You’ll find stairs leading up the second floor at the back of the house. The second floor only has two rooms.

One room is the Photo Studio, which we don’t use that often.
The other room is the Seduction Suite, which was initially designed for a pollinator.
So far, however, only Miko has used it for her Serial Romantic aspiration.

Here’s a Build mode shot of the basement floor, which occupies roughly the same area of the lot as the first floor, except for those two small rooms at the back of the lot.

Here’s a walls-down shot of most of the basement floor from the back of the house.
At the front of the house, there’s a party room as well as a completely empty room on the opposite side of the hallway.

I love this party room, but family and guests take too long getting here and then they won’t stay here to partay.
It’s just another unused, locked room now.

There are six bedrooms, four with double beds and two with two single beds each.

The green bedroom (right) and burgundy bedroom (left) both have ensuites.

The blue bedroom (top right) is for a single male sim.
In her Apocalypse house, @Caterina built separate bedrooms for girls and boys. I love that idea and borrowed it to accommodate the 10 children of the legacy’s third generation.

The room next to the garden was originally going to be a spa center, but it’s more efficient for working sims to have their soaks, massages, and yoga mats on the first floor.
I use the room to store items I use too often to place in family inventory but want to keep away from my sims.
Like the two bedrooms with ensuites, the turquoise bedroom (lower left) is also designed for a couple and will have an ensuite soon.

Skipping the garden which you’ve seen countless times already, here are the two doorless rooms at the back of the basement floor.
The one on the left is for Potions of Youth, other reward potions, cowplant essences, herbal remedies, and serums.
On the table are three biographies memorializing the three unloved Primary Spouses. Sims never come here.

Sims often teleport to the room on the right, since it contains all of the household’s Books of Life.
When a sim is at work, it’s nice to read their Book of Life near the end of their shift to give their performance bar that extra boost.

You no doubt find it curious that the house is so lacking in dressers, chairs, and other decorative objects.
To avoid game lag, I try to minimize item quantity on the lot and will never increase this house’s footprint.
And that’s the house tour!

Thursday

Maya: In the morning, we have a little time to start on Artistic Prodigy, with Mom and Auntie Dulce encouraging us.
Auntie Dulce is making the most horrid faces at me. If Uncle Danny has to leave, maybe he can take her with?
Yo, stop cramping my creative groove, you heffa!

While we’re doing our homework after school, Kenta ages up into a little boy.
Grandpa Yuki’s making a huge fuss over him, saying Kenta’s the only one of his kids and grandkids who resembles him.
Yeah, right. All bets are off until Kenta ages up into a teen!

Friday

Maya: Today is Kenta’s first day of school. He’s whizzing through Social Butterfly!
He only needs his three child-age friends now.

As I leave for school, I notice Dad sitting with someone on the front porch.
Mom says he’s an old friend of Dad’s from the Spice Market district in San Myshuno.

I wonder what they’re talking about? Something about redecorating. Dad looks like he’s thinking really hard.
Dad’s friend looks so familiar! Where have I met him before? Oh well, I’ll ask Dad when I get home from school.

Maya: When I get home, Dad’s so excited!
Danny: Watchette, I know it’s been a pain looking after Miko, Dulce, and me because we don’t have jobs.
But I’ve found the perfect solution! Check out the new Bubble Room, which I designed with my homie from Spice Market!
It’s got everything! Bubble machines, comfy seating, an ice cream maker, and a Fountain of Mirth.

And in the other corner, there’s a hot tub with a built-in stereo!
So, you know, Miko, Dulce, and I can just chillax in the Bubble Room and you won’t need to micro-manage us anymore.
W: …

Later the same day, Auntie Dulce and Uncle Danny elope, then Danny goes up the hill to the Munch Haus to pick out his room.
He’ll pack up and move out completely tonight.
Auntie Dulce found a job. She starts her new business career on Monday.
Mom aged up to an adult today and, apparently, she’s too old to max a career, so she’ll be a full-time mentor.
And now that we’re a household of seven sims, Dad can use that adopt-then-cancel tactic to bring more young sims into our simverse.
Hurry and do it, Dad! We’re going to age up to teens in five more days!

What happened to the Bubble Room? I don’t know.
Last I heard, Watchette went in then locked it from the inside…

I’m somewhat sorry to see Danny go, but the simverse really, really needs an influx of babies and children.
Also, Miko keeps throwing whims to socialize with Danny (not her husband), so I’ve had to be careful about keeping those two apart.
Ranma is a Level 9 Chef and Takumi is a Level 8 Internet Celebrity. Dulce is a Level 4 Business Manager.
Progress is slow but steady!

Thanks for reading!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Mori Legacy: She All Hip-Hop! (11/17)
« Reply #332 on: November 17, 2016, 07:40:06 AM »
The house is gorgeous, and so colourful. It looks like a nice mix of beautifully decorated, but also super efficient. :) And that bubble room downstairs is genius. I've been practicing for the Ten Gen Townie challenge recently, just to see how sims go without being controlled, and you'd be surprised how little they need to be micromanaged to fill their basic needs. I mean, if you're not milking them for points, they can mostly be left to their own devices.

Sad to see Danny go, but I understand wanting more sims to populate the neighbourhood. I have long wondered why households were limited to just eight sims. Ten is a much more round number. Then again, if households were limited to ten, I'm sure I'd find reason to complain about that, too.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #333 on: November 17, 2016, 08:45:11 PM »
Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg?  What? Just . . . what? I don't blame your sims for watching, but I just don't even know what is going on with popular culture, anymore.

*ahem* I'm very grateful for the house tour, though. I'm so familiar with all of those rooms, but It's nice to see how they all fit together. How frustrating that you had to lock up your party room! It looks really fun. I love your use of pool-as-window. Makes the basement seem so much sunnier. The bubble room is genius. Your only problem will be getting your sims to leave!

I, like Yuki, have high hopes for Kenta. He's really cute. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Come on, teen birthdays! We need you!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2016, 02:48:55 PM »
Love the house!!  Thank you so much for the tour.  My favorite room?  Hmmm, it's a toss up between the turquoise room and the bubble room.   So sad the party room didn't work out for parties.  I hate it when that happens.  Wish I knew a way to make the lag less for you but sadly I don't and am starting to feel the same pinch.  Glad you are just going to focus on story.  I think it will be a lot more fun for you and will still get the job done.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #335 on: November 19, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »
Thanks for the house tour!  It looks great, very colorful.  My apocalypse file was a little laggy.  I just dealt with it because I was committed to finishing.  Kenta looks like his dad.  I can't believe Maya called Dulce a heffa and got away with it.  Not very nice.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #336 on: November 20, 2016, 11:27:26 PM »
It's taken quite a while, but I'm finally up to speed on this legacy!  Of course, only playing Sims3, I'm missing lots of the context of how the game actually works, but I don't have to understand the game to enjoy a well-told story  :=)
Banana and Dulce are probably my favorites so far.  And the random Kpop references.  And the random dance numbers.  Yep.  Lots of good stuff  ;=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #337 on: November 21, 2016, 12:07:40 AM »
I love all of the TV and music references you're throwing in! Didn't get around to watching Martha Stewart and Snoop's cooking show but I heard it was a sight to behold. The girls and Kenta are precious, I'm sure all three will turn out to be great-looking sims!

Offline JonMom2009

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #338 on: November 24, 2016, 10:07:26 AM »
It took me about a month to catch up from start to finish. I love this story! It made me actually start my own! I found some real good tips that I didn't find reading a guide on collections, etc, plus it was al little more fun to read than a guide. (Not dragging guides at all)
My games have all been laggy lately too, I think it was an update at some  point. Can't wait for the next update, keep them coming!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #339 on: November 25, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
I haven't read everything yet, so I don't know where you've been looking for the rare My Sims. I've only ever found them on Sixam. Please disregard if you already knew that!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #340 on: November 25, 2016, 06:36:20 PM »
Ah! It'll be so hard choosing between the girls! They're both so adorable!
I love the Snoop Dog and Martha Stewart reference... you and your pop culture always has me laughing, Oshizu!

The house is SO beautiful! Holy cow! You've done fantastic!
I'm sad to see Danny go... but I get it too. Poor Dulce. :(

Alas, a lovely Mori update!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2016, 04:38:01 AM »
Hello friends!
I’ve been unwell this past week and haven’t been able to play The Sims but, after a night of mostly staying in bed, I’ve managed to reverse my sleeping patterns so I thought I’d at least respond to your comments while refreshing myself on what my last update was about. *smiles

The Bubble Room! I was really surprised to hear from three of you that the Bubble Room was one of your favorite rooms. I meant it as a joke along with the Snoop lookalike sim (a Gallery download) and a “poster” overlay of Bob Marley on a wall of weak Rastafarian stripes, lol. I guess it just goes to show how little effort I’ve made in decorating the other rooms, hehe.

@Whirliigig
Thanks for the nice words about the house. I do tend to focus on function over form. Also, I personally don’t have much furniture in real life (my only chair is the computer chair), so it’s hard to get into decorating for my sims, especially clutter.

I’m excited to hear that you’ve begun practicing for the new Ten Gen Dynasty Challenge! The Mori household has such a huge stock of reward potions now that the sims only really need aspiration points to buy reward traits for themselves. It’s why I can be lazy about finishing Danny’s Friend of the World aspiration.
I usually only micro-manage 2-3 sims at a time, getting the other sims to simply work on continuous, unsupervised skilling...

@FrancescaFiori
I found the Martha & Snoop cooking show accidentally during a google search and watched the first two episodes (it just started this month). It’s quite funny and they do get serious about the cooking portion.

I was so excited about the hookahs, I mean, bubble blowers, until I read Playalot’s ”Bubble Blower” thread. Its advantages don’t outweigh its disadvantages. Although the list doesn’t specify probability, at least one-third of each flavor outcome is negative. No thanks!

And yes….teen birthdays…can’t wait! Where I stopped playing, only three more sim-days to go until they age up! Oh, so many preparations to arrange before then!

@Joria
Thanks for your kind words. I’m not sure I would say that I’ll be focusing more on story…perhaps more on finishing? I’m feeling pretty determined to reach the birth of the tenth generation or bust now.
Although I have a trick or two up my sleeve I’ve planned while spending the last week in bed, haha.

@Caterina
I’m sorry about putting my own frustration with Dulce into the mouth of Maya, that was low of me.
For some reason, Dulce is autonomously a negligent parent. She always ignored her son’s crying in the bassinet, even if she was in the same room just chatting. She doesn’t help with homework unless instructed. And if I send her to mentor, if the child isn’t ready at the exact second she is, she runs off in a flash, regardless of how much the rest of my game is lagging. She will be the next to leave the island, lol.

Oh, the Hayes Apocalypse House lagged, too? I’ve often wondered how you managed all those career rooms!

@PeregrineTook
Pippin, I’m surprised and flattered that you made your way through this absurd legacy story without having played The Sims 4.
I’m not surprised that you like Banana and Dulce, as you seem to prefer female sims with lots and lots of attitude. Dulce is no doubt the prettiest sim born in any of my challenge games. Let me know if you want to use her to test-play her someday, I’ll upload her.

@NexttoNormal
Thank you for reading! The girls and Kent represent the sixth generation of the Mori Legacy and I’m trying out different ways to keep my story from going stale not only for the readers but for myself. Also, I think it’s a fun way to introduce readers to some of the non-sims things that amuse me while my sims are silently grinding away in the background, hehe.

@JonMom2009
Welcome back to the forum and thank you for reading! Thanks for the kind words, too! They really help me keep up the momentum.
I do hope you write your own story, too! It’s incredible how much your relationship to the forum changes when you shift from being a reader to a storyteller. You’ll find it soon, I hope!
If you do start a story, I would recommend an eight-generation Immortal Dynasty Challenge (IDC) rather than a ten-generation Legacy Challenge (LC). An IDC has a better scoring system; that is, the requirements are per-heir and reasonable in quantity, which means the IDC has its own built-in pacing. An LC can only be 100%’ed by relentless grinding; the requirements excessively numerous and are just out there so you have to decide your own pace, which is impossible for requirements you’ve never done before (like killing sims). Sorry to preach. I just want you to enjoy your first story experience!
*steps off of soapbox

@reggikko
Thanks for stopping by! You’ve been such a big influence on my gameplay! You know that, right?
Yes, I’d found my first and only rare MySims on Sixam in this file and I know they’re there because I've found them there in other saves, but I’m too lazy to send my sims back there.

@LivvieLove
I know you’ve been busy with school, work, and writing Reapers 2.0 and Song of the Nightingale, so I appreciate your reading and commenting! I kinda laughed at how little love Snoop got in the comments. Maybe I should have used Pharrell instead?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Teening Up, at Last!/The Gen6 Heir Vote
« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2016, 07:55:04 AM »
Now for some aggressive gameplay on Speed 3. Formerly, the game stuttered and lagged when I increased the gameplay speed.
On sim-Saturday of this chapter, however, the family threw out or sold much inessential “stuff” and cheated away funds from their restaurant and household.
Since then, I’m able to have the children mentored at Speed 3. Ahhh, the bliss!

5.54 The Mori Legacy: Teening Up, at Last/The Gen6 Heir Vote

Week 27/Friday

Hi, it’s me, Maya! I’m back again since the house tour took up so much of the last chapter.
So Uncle Danny moved out soon after the unveiling of the Bubble Room and Dad finally checks out the adoption prospects.
W: Our timing is off because of my forgetfulness. This should have been done much earlier, as soon as possible after the girls were born.

While Tami and I finish off our fourth aspiration, Artistic Prodigy, Kenta is hoping Paolo’s son Mallory becomes his second child-age friend.
They’re both vegetarians and seem to get along really well.

Mom’s mentoring me in violin. I initially envied Tami for being mentored by Auntie Dulce, but she’s not a good mentor after all.
Auntie Dulce runs off to do something else at even the briefest lull between mentoring activities.
And when Kenta was an infant, she never took care of him unless someone made her. She’s very bad news!
Still, Tami is learning violin faster than I am. Is it because Auntie Dulce’s both creatively gifted and a musical genius?

My favorite mentor is Uncle Ranma, but Mom says he needs to focus on his career right now.
I hope he’ll have more time for me once he completes his career.

Kenta will finish Social Butterfly as soon as he befriend Mallory’s twin brother Gilbert.
Is it just me, or does it seem like more children in our simverse are overweight lately?
W: Since the recent patch, I feel like around 25% of the children we encounter are chubby. Is it happening in your games, too?

Saturday

Maya: Way to go, Uncle Ranma! You’ve maxed the Chef career and earned our legacy its final point in the Food Category!

Week 28/Sunday

Ranma: Takumi, I had a hard day at work and came home with my final promotion. Can you explain why I have to change clothes and go out with you and Ducle?
Takumi: Saturday is Singles’ Night so we’re hitting a pub to check out prospects for the twins, okay?
Ranma: So why are you sitting at the counter, all broody? And why’s Dad here?
Takumi: I know, right? I’m trying to pretend that I haven’t noticed him.
Dulce: I’m not touching that! I’m waaaay over here, playing darts. Nope, I don’t see Dad, sitting at the bar with his mopey face.

Ranma: Anyway, have you two had any luck tonight?
Takumi: Nah, I only meet bachelors with non-unique traits or single women.
Ranma: Hey, did you notice Mom got a job as a detective?
Dulce: Doesn’t explain why Mom isn’t here with Dad, does it?
Takumi: I wonder what’s going on with them.
Dulce: Dang, I’m good at this!

Dulce: When Mom finally shows up, I play cupid by inviting her and Dad to a game of Don’t Wake the Llamas. Sheesh, talking about ruining my evening!
Ranma: Between Takumi and I, we’ve figured out that Takumi’s co-worker, Harvey Melvin, has three unique traits: Music Lover, Loner, and Kleptomaniac.
Takumi: You must be exhausted, Ranma. Let’s continue this elsewhere Sunday when it’s Guys’ Night.
Dulce: Finally! Why am I stuck babysitting Mom and Dad?!

Maya: I think Auntie Dulce must have read Watchette’s complaints about her online! This morning, she’s being really upbeat and cheerful while mentoring Kenta.

Kenta: Ssshhh, don’t let Mom know that we know, Maya! It’s pretty nice when Mom’s all sweet and smiley, and I’m not spending half my time waiting to be mentored!

Maya: After lunch, while everyone else is busy skilling, Auntie Dulce invites Uncle Danny over to get married at the wedding arch.
Watchette makes Kenta stop his typing practice to attend the ceremony, then scolds Kenta for doing push-ups instead of watching the ceremony.
Uncle Danny also often does pushups and situps at odd moments. Kenta must get that from him. Sheesh!

Maya: Good boy, Kenta! Share in your parents’ moment of joy!
You’d have spent a lifetime of regret if you’d missed that special moment because you were, of all things, doing pushups on the side!

Maya: I overhear a conversation between the now happily married couple.
Danny: So, Dulce sweetheart, how much longer are you going to make me live in the Munch Haus without you?
It’s not like I have a thriving social life here in Windenberg, you know!
Dulce: Well, Kenta won’t age up for 10 more days. I’d like to stay here for another week at most.
I’m not staying here until I complete a career after all.
Danny: So we’re leaving Kenta behind? *lower lip wobbles
Dulce: He’ll enjoy so many opportunities as a watched sim, Danny! And once he maxes a career, he can come live with us! And we can have another child, y'know?

Monday

Yuki: You’re doing great, Dulce! You’re going to max Writing in a single day.
Dulce: Thanks, Dad. Having Takumi and you as mentors has really helped, believe me!
So why doesn’t Mom come over anymore? I know she’s got a job now, but she’s off on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Yuki: Sorry, I can’t tell you, Dulce. Banana leaves in the morning and usually doesn’t come home until night.
Like Saturday night at the pub, I just got tired of staying home alone, again.
Dulce: Awww, I’m sorry to hear that, Dad… Hey, you’re sticking around Kenta comes home, right? He’s dying to see you!
Yuki: *face brightens

Tuesday

Yuki: Congrats on your B grade yesterday, Kenta! Great work.
Kenta: Thanks, Gramp. What did you want to talk with me about?
Yuki: Actually, it’s your pronunciation of Japanese names—nobody’s been correcting your pronunciation, right?
Kenta: ….

Yuki: This will just take a minute—we’ll just do the vowels. Remember I said that Japanese vowels sound exactly the same as Spanish and Hawaiaan vowels? A, I, U, E, O.
K: Yeah, so A would be like Maya or taco or Hawai’i.
Y: Correct, that ancient South American civilization, the food, or the state. Nice.
K: I as in “mi casa” (my house) or the capital city of Hilo. Oh come on, everyone knows the word “sushi”!
Y: Next, U?
K: That one’s easy: “hula,” “guacamole,” or “kahuna”!  Hmmm, next E....
     I can’t think of a loanword or placename, but E is like "get" or "bet" or "head." So my name’s like Ken (as in Barbie/Ken) + ta (in taco).
Y: And finally, O?
K: I’ve already done that: “taco,” “Kona coast.”  Gramps, why are we doing this now?
Y: Now that I live in San Myshuno, I meet lots of sims with Japanese names but even they don't know how to pronounce their names right.
I don’t want you to be one of them, okay, Kenta?
Kenta: *nods

Maya: When Dad got his Level 8 promotion, he was so happy. And yet he looked so smug, cuz he already had the 15 million followers needed for his next promotion.
Now that he’s Level 9 Internet Celebrity, his final promotion requires 25 million followers. 25 mil!!!
He’s stopped mentoring everyone today to just focus on increasing his followers. I believe he reached 19.9 million a few minutes ago. Go Dad!

I’m sad that Grandma doesn’t visit anymore. She doesn’t even come over on her days off!
I guess she doesn’t love us anymore. Oh well, we’re so lucky Gramps spends so much time with us!
Tami, should we remove Grandma from Club Amigas? She’s ignored every club gathering for days now!

Wednesday

Maya: It takes a while to gather everyone without throwing a party, but Kenta has school and Dad has work, so we’re just caking up.

I go first. Besides being Neat, I’m now a Jealous Bestselling Author.

Tami is up next.
Besides being an Art Lover, she’s now a Foodie and Party Animal. Oooh, that’s the only incomplete aspiration!

Maya (left): We both get makeovers! I keep my original hair color but my overall color theme is turquoise.
Tami (right): Because I aged up with blue streaks, Watchette changes my hair color to pink in honor of Mom.
I’d never really thought of myself with a pink wardrobe, but my clothes are pink without being all frothy and frilly. I rather like it.
Maya: As you can see, we are identical twins aside from our hair color. Okay, off to do homework!

Tami: Welcome home, Papa. Did you have a good day at work?
Takumi: It wasn’t bad, sweetheart. And you?
Tami: I’ve been inside all day and would love to get some fresh air. Wanna go for short stroll with me?
Takumi: Sure, let’s head for that bench in the little clearing past the Munch Haus.

Tami: Dad, do you see something unusual up there a little ways past the bench?
Takumi: It looks like someone’s cloudgazing near our spot, eh? Do you want to go somewhere else?
Tami: No. It’s just odd that someone who doesn’t live around here would come all the way to that place to cloudgaze…

Ahhh, look at all this blood! This boy is seriously injured!  He wasn't cloudgazing at all!
Someone’s come along and crossed the injured boy’s arms and legs to make him appear to be cloudgazing. How horrid!
Papa, his head's bleeding a lot. I’m calling an ambulance!
Takumi: Great idea. Meanwhile, I’ll phone Mom at the Police Station to ask about any Missing Persons that match his description.
Tami: The ambulance's on its way. And you?
Takumi (shaking head): Mom came up empty on the police database, sweetheart.

I've sent the ambulance to the private hospital our family uses. Let’s take a taxi and go there, too.

Tami: The hospital staff immediately rush Boy X into ICU.
They find no identifying document on him, except for the family name “Kim” embroidered into the inside hem of his sweater.
Takumi: I’ve filled out and signed all of Boy X’s hospital admission documents, since no next of kin can be contacted.
Tami: Once he’s moved from ICU to a private room, we sit outside for several agonizing hours until the doctor shares the joyful news that Boy X’s condition has stabilized.
He’s going to live!

In the unattended hospital cafeteria…
Takumi: It’s been a long day, Tami. The boy’s still unconscious and there’s nothing more we can do today. Let’s go home.
Tami: Papa, he’s so helpless and he has nobody else in the world but me…I mean, us!!!
Takumi: Tomorrow’s your first day of high school, young lady. You need to get a good night’s sleep. Besides the family’s worried about us.

Tami: Papa, will you allow me look after him? Will you help me?
Takumi: Yes, of course, if that’s what you want. I’m his temporary guardian, after all.
After you finish school tomorrow, we can go shopping together for what he'll need during his hospital stay.
Let’s see—several sets of jammies, slippers, toothbrush/toothpaste, soap, reading matter, towels—well, basically, a mini-traveling kit, right?
Then, we’ll head straight to the hospital…
Tami: Oh Daddy, you’re wonderful!
*whispers: Hang on there, X! I’ll be back as soon as I can!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: The Gen6 Heir Vote
« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2016, 07:56:18 AM »
If you have a moment, please share your preference for the Gen6 Heir!

The girls are evenly matched in skills acquired. Vote for whoever you wish; there’s no need to consider Tami’s mystery boy as future plot developments are still extremely flexible.
I wonder if you feel unsatisfied at only having two candidates to choose from?

As you can see, both girls look more like their grandmother Banana (top right) than their mother Miko Ojo (top left).
I must confess that I’m disappointed but not surprised that Miko could not single-handedly wipe out generations of that Mori look (pinched features, close set eyes, left-eye squint) defined largely by Zach Haskins.
Thanks to Yuki’s influence, Dulce is a real departure from the Mori look. I was hoping that Miko with her very widely set eyes and rosebud mouth would shake things up a bit.
Blah, blah, blah, both girls are still pretty cute, especially with a lot of eye make-up. *sighs

Maya Mori
Traits: Neat, Jealous (Geek)
Aspirations: Maxed all 4 childhood aspirations; Bestselling Author
Career: (Art Critic)

Tami Mori
Traits: Art Lover, Foodie (Dance Machine)
Aspirations: Maxed all 4 childhood aspirations; Party Animal
Career: (Food Critic)

As always, thanks so much for reading! And now, back to bed for a few more days...

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: Teening Up, at Last!/The Gen6 Heir Vote (new 11/27)
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2016, 08:15:47 AM »
The twins look so much alike it is hard to decide.  I vote Tami because she was my favorite as a child.  I think it was the pigtails.  I can't wait to read more about the mystery boy.