Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132061 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Mori Legacy: Teening Up, at Last!/The Gen6 Heir Vote (new 11/27)
« Reply #345 on: November 27, 2016, 10:30:08 AM »
I'm joining Team Tami.  She has an aspiration you need and manages to pull off a pink wardrobe without looking frilly.  That's rather impressive.
I'm assuming that the random, bloody boy was a staged CC feature and such things do not randomly occur in the game? 
Dulce's babysitting of the parents was a nice, funny addition to the update.  She's rather adorable.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #346 on: November 27, 2016, 10:41:13 AM »
I like both girls but I have to go with Tami. Jealousy can be a hard trait to deal with and since Tami has a more unique aspiration I think it'd be more entertaining.

Also I feel you on the Japanese name pronunciation. It makes me cringe when people use hard vowels or an English-sounding R to say Japanese names.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2016, 11:51:01 AM »
I'm Team Tami. She's my girl. I'm so happy she managed to age up with Party Animal! It's fate, clearly.
I think everyone is quite a bit chunkier these days in-game because of autonomously ordering food cart food in San Myshuno whether they're hungry or not. I think they corrected that in the last patch, so hopefully your neighborhood children will slim down soon. :)
I'm so intrigued by the mysterious Boy X! What an entrance! Can't wait for more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JonMom2009

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2016, 12:10:46 PM »
I vote Team Tami.

I noticed this a while ago and I'm partial to tattoos. I've seen them poking out on certain family members. I have not read anything about them in the story. It's so subtle and tasteful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #349 on: November 27, 2016, 12:34:37 PM »
More Team Tami! I feel sorry for Maya that she hasn't received any votes, but, Tami is just so... I dunno, sweet and yet savvy at the same time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #350 on: November 27, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »
Well, the majority of the usual suspects have voted --> Tami 7: Maya 0.
There are two more frequent flyers of this thread who haven’t voted yet but, even if they vote for Maya at this point, Tami’s popularity cannot be overturned.
For now, I’m unofficially declaring Tami the next heir as I prepare the next update.

@Caterina
Yes, the girls look surprisingly identical. Even as children, I could only tell them apart by giving them conspicuously different looks. Thanks for your vote!

@PeregrineTook
Haha, the random bloody boy was just made to cloudgaze behind a bush. No cc; the blood was an amateurish attempt at photoediting using Microsoft Paint—I’m amazed at just how hard that was for me, lol.
When I was trying to take a nice shot of father/daughter reaching the “crime scene,” Grandpa Yuki (he has the dance machine trait) jogged up in his speedo and started dancing in all the prime spots for a good shot, the silly man!
By the way, thanks so much for your nice words about Dulce. She’s been really great the fast few days!

@NexttoNormal
Thanks for your input! I’ve actually never played a Jealous sim before; when I have free choice, I never choose that trait. By the way, none of the readers squee’d when I named Takumi’s brother Ranma. Have you seen Takahashi Rumiko’s classic manga/anime “Ranma 1/2”?  It precedes her “Inuyasha.”

@FrancescaFiori
Thanks for the info about general obesity since City Living. I’ve noticed more pear-shaped male sims, too. *tears hair

@JonMom2009
Thank you so for the kind words! In my previous challenge (Apocalypse Challenge), I had a Criminal/Boss sim who I kitted out with Japanese sleeve tattoos. I loved him to pieces. But usually yes, I prefer outrageous tattoos that you can only brief glimpse in passing. Here’s a shot of my Gangster Boss as a teen, lol. Even with baby fat on his abs, he was a complete cougar magnet! (Sorry to those of you who’ve already seen him!) It's weird, but I actually miss this sim! And good luck with your TenGen Townie Decadynasty challenge!

@Magpie2019
Don’t feel bad for Maya! She’s never wanted to be heir as much as Tami in the first place, I feel.
Thanks for chiming in, Magpie!

I’ll make an official announcement in one or two more days, but Tami has turned out to be the Gen6 heir.
And now back to my underhanded shenanigans and rule-bending…

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #351 on: November 27, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »
*Flies team Tami flag*

Sorry Maya... you're so pretty, but I like Tami this go around!

ALSO SUPER INTENSE HOSPITAL SCENE THERE.
Noice paint-editing too. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #352 on: November 28, 2016, 10:46:40 AM »
*swipes Livvie's Team Tami flag and runs to patent it

Think I could get $50 a flag? Lol

*hands flag back to Livvie with thanks <3

Ok, now, I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to anime/manga and Japanese culture, so I love these little voyages into those spheres when you explain the names and spellings and stuff! I've actually googled a goodly amount of the references you've made over the course of your stories lol so thanks for increasing my knowledge ;-D scientia potentia est! Don't you agree, Liv?

And, as per usual, I have absolutely no idea where I was going with all that lol *shrugs

Ours is not to reason why...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Unleashing the Party Animal
« Reply #353 on: November 29, 2016, 12:18:53 AM »
@Magpie2012
Your boundless enthusiasm and good cheer are always deeply appreciated!

The Gen6 Heir Vote is officially closed, with Tami Mori chosen as the next heir upon reaching her young adult birthday.

5.55 The Mori Legacy: Unleashing the Party Animal

Week 28/Thursday

Tami: After school, Maya, Kenta, and I take until 6 pm to finish up both our homework and extra credit.
Then Dad and I travel to Magnolia Promenade to shop for Boy X.

Takumi: The Homestead really doesn’t have much but here are some toiletries. What do you think?
Tami: Let’s buy one of those baskets on the lowest tier. It has shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner.
Then, we can add that brown/beige set on the middle tier so he’ll have facial wash, a light masculine cologne, and hand cream. Sound right?

Takumi: This is a good chance to start on Party Animal, too! You might as well introduce yourself to everyone we meet here in Magnolia Promenade.
Tami: Thanks for the reminder!
Takumi: Hey, young adult Omar Ferhat! You have three unique traits (Insider, Bro, Genius)! *makes a memo

Tami: JF&S Clothiers doesn’t offer much selection! Anyway, let’s get him a warm, fluffy blanket!
Also, PJs, some T-shirts, and two or three pairs of sweatpants.

Takumi: I think we should get him one set of everyday clothes, too. Like one of these shirts?
He might feel bad if he looks at what we brought him and it’s all for the hospital.

Tami: What about a potted plant?
Takumi: Definitely not, that’s bad luck! In Japan, they say if a patient receives a potted plant during their hospital stay, they’ll put down roots in the hospital!

Tami: Papa, why are we here at the Quad Manor library in Windenburg?
Takumi: It’s a real crime but our simverse has no bookstores, only libraries. 
Perhaps you’d like to pick one or two books out for him, ones you might enjoy reading to him.  You can check them out in your name.
Once you’re done, we’ll head over to the hospital. We’ll buy him a toothbrush and toothpaste at the hospital gift shop.

Takumi: So the nurse on duty let you put away the toiletries and clothes we bought for Boy X today?
Tami: Well, there really wasn’t much. He looks so weak lying there with all those bandages and tubes.
Takumi: The doctor said the boy’s in a coma. No one’s sure when he’ll regain consciousnes.
Tami: I’d like to drop by and read to him for an hour or two everyday, anyway. Do you think that’s okay?
Takumi: The doctor’s heading over here right now. Why don’t you ask him yourself?

Takumi (on the phone): Hey sweetheart, can you round everyone up and meet us at the South Square Café?
Yeah, Tami and I are leaving the hospital now and will head straight over to meet you there.

Miko: It’s so nice to go out, even for a few hours! Dulce and I have neither work nor school, so we barely ever leave the house!

Kenta: So how’s Boy X doing, Tami?
Tami: He’s still sleeping but the doctor says he’s getting better. *sighs
Kenta: Don’t worry, Tami. He’s gonna pull through. After all, he has you to help him get well!

Friday

Ranma: You know, Maya maxed Writing this morning and Tami is halfway to Level 9 now.
Dulce: Yeah, they both need to max Writing for their future Critic careers.
Ranma: Since you and Takumi can mentor them, do I really need to max Writing, too?
Dulce: Oh, I guess not.
Ranma: Look at that! I maxed Writing for no reason whatsoever. *rolls eyes

Dulce: Hey, you and Takumi are looking great lately. What’s your secret?
Ranma: Our adult birthday was on Wednesday like the twins, but Watchette gave us each a Potion of Youth that evening.
Dulce: Whoa, you’re so lucky! You think Watchette will give me one, too?
Ranma: Not unless you’re gonna stick around and help Tami with Party Animal. That’s why Takumi’s been learning mixology lately.

Miko: As for me, I have to be the slowest skiller in the house since I never completed any childhood aspirations.
I can mentor violin, logic, and painting so I’ll help Maya max Painting for her Art Critic career.
Quite frankly, I don’t know how I can support Tami’s Party Animal aspiration.
Maybe help socializing with the guests? Or learn mixology instead of Takumi, since he’s the Gen5 heir?
W: Yes, reaching at least L5 mixology is an excellent idea, Miko.
I also agree that Takumi should be doing the socializing, since he’s presently the “face” of the Mori Legacy. It would be really helpful if you learned Cooking and Mixology!

Takumi: I bring home my last promotion today and become a Level 10 Internet Superstar!
Getting the last 6 million followers was a breeze!
I discovered I could gain 700,000 followers by simply performing the “Stream Let’s Play” social for a several sim-minutes.
That’s right, you needn’t wait to finish livestreaming the entire let’s play gaming session.
Anyway, now that I’ve maxed this career, I can quit and we can all focus on Tami’s Party Animal aspiration.

Ranma: As soon as we get the notice about the Spice Festival today, I insist that everyone drop everything so we can depart immediately!
Maya: Fortunately, we’d all just finished our homework.
Ranma: We arrive before 5:30 pm and, this time, I find the Swag Stall open!

Takumi: We also learn why Mom never visits us anymore, not even for birthday parties.
Maya: It’s embarrassing to see Grandma Banana here busking. Doesn’t the Police Station have rules about double income?
Kenta: Mama, is Grandma Banana poor?

Tami: We all join the Spicy Curry Challenge together and, like the previous time, I emerge the Spice Curry Champion!
Check out the tee-shirt I receive as first prize!

Ranma: Some of us gather around to watch Mom perform, but Watchette goes around and cancels our Watch performance actions.
I bet Watchette’s afraid we’d tip her! As if!!!
Mom acts like she doesn’t know any of us. She hasn’t smiled and greeted any of us yet. Everyone’s pretty upset.
I look for a Boo! social but find nothing. I really don’t understand how Mom can be so heartless.
She knows that she’s the only grandmother that Maya, Tami, and Kenta have.

Takumi: I’m so unhappy and annoyed that Mom just ignores her grandchildren like this! They don’t understand what they did to earn her dislike. *sighs
Okay then. I might have gone a little overboard in the way I expressed my displeasure at her ignoring us all.
Oops,  I guess I’m not a Chief of Mischief for nothing. But what is Mom thinking? Even Dad’s feeling depressed and lonely because of Mom!
How can Mom completely ignore her grandkids for two whole weeks? If even Dad can't control Mom, I needed to step in. Tough love, for the win!

Everyone goes home, except Takumi and Tami who head for the hospital…
Takumi: Are you done reading to him, Tami? Did you notice any reaction?
Tami: Yes, I’m done reading but, no, he didn’t respond at all. I always spend a good while calling out to him, asking him to come back to us.
When I think that he’s hurt so badly and yet so all alone, my heart aches for him.
But he’s going to pull through, Papa. I can just feel it!

Saturday

Miko: Tami darling, you’ve made good progress on your career-related skills and you’ve already visited Boy X this morning.
We all think it’s time you started on your Party Animal aspiration. Are you ready?

Tami: A House Party! Mama, thanks for tending bar and kissing Dad three times! Kenta, you’re a champ for playing the piano for an hour, too!

We have to do the “3 sims get playful” goal, but manage a gold medal without completing the “3 sims get dazed” goal! Phew!
W: The “Throw parties” counter remains broken, but don’t worry, I’m keeping track!

Tami: By the way, have you taken a good look at me tonight in my new “baby doll” party dress?
And, Mama, you’re killing it as the bartender! Thanks so much!

Tami: And it’s a gold-medal Dinner Party! Woot, woot!
Grandma Banana and Grandpa Yuki are here, though they’re avoiding each other, mostly.
Grandma and Dad are chatting and joking, as if he never froze her at the Spice Festival. I guess she needed a wake-up call…
Uncle Ranma seems very interested in Adrian Bateman—no wonder he invited her over and introduced me to her last week.
He wants me to invite her to all my parties, it seems.
W: Weird….the “Throw 3 parties” counter increased by one. Gah, who knows?!

Week 29/Sunday

Tami: My third party, an incognito party, starts at 11 pm and runs past midnight, of course.
I’m pretty unhappy with my co-hosts and mixologist, none of whom decided to wear a costume for the party!
Their attitude really spoiled the party for me, but I pretend to not care and continue complimenting the guests on their costumes!
Besides Paolo who comes dressed as a maid, all the guests are either hot dogs or astronauts.

Tami: Here I am thanking Uncle Ranma for baking a hamburger cake and two great-quality desserts for the party.
For some reason, his great-quality Tiramisu didn’t count so he quickly baked a great-quality Zombie Cake instead.
In the end, only Auntie Dulce, cousin Kenta, and I wore costumes for this party. Everyone else in our household just wore their party outfits. Why!?!?!?!
Whatever, it’s my third gold-medal party and I clear Party Animal’s second milestone! Yay!

Fast-forward to late Sunday evening…
Takumi: Hey, Tami! How was Boy X when you visited him this morning?
Tami: Same as usual. He just lies in bed with his body facing the window, no response.

Takumi: Well, the doctor phoned just now to say that Boy X regained consciousness around 10 pm.
The boy’s been asking for the girl who’d been calling out to him while he was in a coma.
Tami: Seriously? He woke up?
Takumi: The doctor is willing to discharge him to us, but we would need to bring him back for examinations and testing.
Otherwise, Boy X would remain at the hospital until he’s mostly recovered and done with testing. What do you want to do?
Tami: Papa, he has no one and nothing but us! Please, let's bring him here to look after! I'll do it! I'll keep up with my homework and aspiration, too! I promise!

Takumi: Then, you and I will go pick him up from the hospital after school Monday. I hope you’re up to this, sweetheart.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Unleashing the Party Animal (new 11/28)
« Reply #354 on: November 29, 2016, 07:49:43 AM »
So, did Banana get wrapped up in cellophane or frozen in ice?  Poor Banana.  Yeah, she may have been snubbing everyone, but you know I have a soft spot for her  :=(
So we'll meet the mysterious Boy X next update?  How exciting!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Unleashing the Party Animal (new 11/28)
« Reply #355 on: November 29, 2016, 02:11:20 PM »
That babydoll dress is adorable. And the wedges with the socks? Too cute! Tami has got some serious style. Good for her getting a great start on Party Animal, too. I'm pulling for you, girl!

I loved the shopping scene. It's nice that Magnolia Promenade actually has some things for sale that fit in with the storyline. I'd never actually thought about the fact that there are no bookstores in Sims 4 before now. Buying direct from the shelf is certainly easier, but you do lose the charm of the book shopping experience.

What on earth is Banana's deal? Snubbing the entire family? Weird!

So excited that Boy X has woken up! I'm on pins and needles waiting for the big face reveal!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Boy X Comes "Home"
« Reply #356 on: December 01, 2016, 05:06:52 AM »
@PeregrineTook
Takumi used a SimRay to freeze his mother. Someone could chip away the ice for her or she’ll dethaw naturally after a while. The SimRay is an invention from the Scientist career (Get to Work expansion pack).
That was just a little tough love to encourage Banana to spend more time with her family. I love Banana, too, and I’ve missed having her visit the family!

@FrancescaFiori
Yeah, the absence of bookstores mirrors real life too much for my liking, with local bookstores going out of business, unable to compete with Amxxxn.com!
For some reason, Banana’s returned to the fold since being frozen, lol. And yeah, Boy X…I hope he doesn’t disappoint!

5.56 The Mori Legacy: Boy X Comes “Home”

Miko: Now, although we end the previous chapter with news that Boy X has awoken from his coma around 10 pm on Sunday night, let’s rewind a bit to the very beginning of the day.
Why? Because a number of very important events occur before Sunday night, okay?

Week 29/Sunday

Dulce: Hey, not so fast, Danny dearest. Just because one party stops, that don’t mean you need to go home!
Remember I said that I would be moving out after a week at the most?
Danny: And?
Dulce: My week is up, Danny. I’m ready to move out of here on Sunday afternoon, but aren’t you forgetting something?
Danny: What are you waiting for, Dulce? We can’t let Kenta be an only child forever!

Dulce: A mere hour later, I am now eating for two!!!

Danny: Seriously? You’re already eating for two, sweetheart!?  That’s wonderful!
Dulce: Hey, can you come help me pack my things while I’m still feeling pretty energetic?

Tami: I’ve never seen Uncle Ranma pour on the charm like he was doing tonight! How could Adrian resist?
Ranma: Adrian Bateman, you realize that I’m crazy about you, right?
Adrian: We have so much in common, Ranma! We’re both Art Lovers, even!
Ranma: So the feeling is mutual?
Adrian: I’m sitting here in my towel yet you still feel the need to ask me that question?

Ranma: I’m sorry to romance you out of order, Adrian. I can’t ask you for a first kiss and I can’t ask you to be my girlfriend.
On the other hand, the “Try for baby” social is available. Are you thinking what I’m thinking?
Adrian: Who’s thinking?

Ranma: I send Adrian home and join the rest of the family in getting some well-earned shut-eye.
Later that morning, I invite Adrian back and this time, I can romance her like she deserves!
After a first kiss, she agrees to become my girlfriend.

W: How are you doing this morning, Maya? Why do you have a Sad +1 moodlet?
Maya: I feel envious of the happy couples around me, while I have no one to love!
W: How do you even know about the other two happy couples? You’ve been sitting at your computer, writing all morning!
Maya: My Jealous trait makes me hyper-sensitive, I guess.
W: I can see now that you’re going to be a royal pain…

Tami: I next have to throw 3 silver parties as well as Attend Social Events in 5 Unique Locations.
I start with a Black/White Bash at home because the “piano listening” goal is always problematic.
Here’s a shot of Grandma Banana looking gorgeous!

Tami: Ahhh, the celestial and earthly realms are in perfect balance once more!
I spot Grandma Banana and Grandpa Yuki, chatting and laughing together! It’s so great to have Grandma back!
Around this time, Dad gets the phone call from the hospital about Boy X.
I decide a silver-medal B/W Bash is acceptable (stupid piano listening!) and throw one last party for tonight.

Tami: A gold-medal House Party chez Grandma Banana and Grandpa Yuki in Spice Market, San Myshuno.
Their Old Salt House is a great party pad! Awww, Gramps looks so happy!
Plus, Watchette’s feeling happy, too, because my party counter is working now!
W: *knocks on wood

Monday

Boy X: Thank you for wheeling me down here, Doctor. It feels nice to sit outside and feel the breeze. Did you want to talk?
Dr. Tanaka: Yes, I do. You understand that both your neuropsychologist and neurosurgeon—Dr. Akanishi and Dr. Goth—feel that you may be released as an outpatient.
You still need to take it easy for several weeks and will need to return occasionally for check-ups.

Boy X: Well, that’s good to know, but I don’t remember anything before waking up here, so I don’t really have anywhere to go.
Doctor Tanaka: You remember a girl reading to you and calling you out of your coma, don’t you? She’s Tami Mori.
She and her father found you and brought you here. Mr. Mori’s acting as your provisional guardian.
The Mori family has expressed their wish to take you to their home to recuperate.

Boy X: Tami Mori? They are inviting me into their home? But I’m a complete stranger to them!
Dr. Tanaka: Well, the father and daughter have been visiting you everyday.
And, unless you have a fixation for hospital meals, I suggest you try staying with them for a week or so.
Frankly, the Mori family is extremely affluent and I’m certain you will be not only be very comfortable in the Mori home but also very pampered by Miss Tami.
Boy X: I don’t really have many options, do I?

Back at the ranch…
Takumi: Now that the kids have left for school, let’s discuss Boy X. Does everyone understand what they should be doing today?
Ranma: I made reservations for our transportation to and from the hospital last night.  Also, I’m going with you and Tami to the hospital this afternoon.
It’s a little lonely without sis here, but she got pregnant and moved out just in time!
Miko: As for me, Watchette and I have discussed Boy X’s room for several days now, but we finished remodeling the room a few minutes ago.

Miko: We initially thought about redoing the unused room across from the gym, but (1) it’s right next to the Party Area and might get noisy, plus (2) the Bubble Room is much larger.
The new room has everything Boy X needs for convalescing—a semi-private bedroom with an ensuite, a large-screen TV and gaming console, a stereo, and a small dining area.
There’s even a single bed for Tami, because I have a feeling she won’t leave his side until he’s better. *sighs
So, fellas, do you think a teenage boy would like a room like this?

Boy X: After chatting with Dr. Tanaka, I return to my room and pack what few belongings I find in my hospital room.
This suitcase, this backpack, these clothes, and other things—Dr. Tanaka tells me the Mori’s brought them for me.
I wonder who I am. I wonder why the Mori’s are being so nice to me. Do they know who I really am?
I wonder what it will be like, suddenly joining a family I’ve never met and relying on them to look after me.

Tami: Look, Dad! Boy X is waiting in front of the hospital with Dr. Akanishi and Dr. Goth.
Should we be worried that he’s sitting in a wheelchair?
Takumi: His doctors have agreed that he’s not completely recovered but he’s well enough that he needn’t be bed-ridden at the hospital.
But why are they waiting in front of the hospital? Ranma?
Ranma: Hehe, I might have forgotten to inform his doctors how we would be arriving…

Takumi: After arriving then walking to the front of the hospital, we introduce ourselves to Boy X.
First, I’m going to talk with his doctors then settle his medical bills up to today.
Ranma: I’m going to help Boy X prepare for the trip home. I’ll take care of his luggage, too.
Tami: I'm off to consult Dr. Tanaka about looking after Boy X, then pick up his medication.

Boy X: What!? The Mori family picks me up from the hospital in a helicopter!? What a class act!

Tami: So, do you like your room?
Boy X: It’s amazing. I can’t believe your family went through all this trouble for me!
Tami: Thank my mother. She’s the one mostly responsible for remodeling this room for you.
Boy X: By the way, Tami, I was wondering if you could help me pick out a name for myself. Boy X is a little…
Tami: You’ve come to the right person, cuz I’ve been thinking of names for you since…uh, I mean. Let’s see…
What about Ze? (Like “zest” without the “st” ending).
Ze: I like it, short and sweet!

Ze: Oh, home-made ramen! I’ve been dying for noodles!
Tami: Awww, Mom was right when she said you must be tired of hospital food!
Ze: Hey, Tami. No offense, but how can you be so bad at eating with chopsticks?
Tami: In my defense, our world didn’t even have chopsticks until San Myshuno became accessible…

Ze: You know, I’m just feeling a little embarrassed, barging into your home like this.
And I'm so deeply grateful to your father and you for finding me, taking me to the hospital, and taking care of me all this time.
Tami: Ze, everything is going to be fine. You’re going to be just fine. All you need to do is focus on getting better!

The Current Mori Household

?? (6 days to Elder): ??.
Miko Mori (11 days to Elder): Unemployed, but she’s earned herself a Potion of Youth on the day of her Elder birthday for being so helpful during parties.
Ranma Mori (15 days to Adult): Gen5 Spare. Maxed Culinary/Chef. Unemployed.
Takumi Mori (15 days to Adult): Gen5 Heir. Maxed Social Media/Internet Celebrity. Unemployed.
Maya Mori (8 days to YA): Gen6 spare. Working on Bestselling Author aspiration.
Tami Mori (8 days to YA): Future Gen6 Heir. Working on Party Animal aspiration.
Ze Kim (13 days to YA): Convalescing. Musical Genius aspiration.
Kenta Mori (2 days to Teen): first child of Dulce Mori and Danny Shino-Miller.

Remarks

The Hospital: Previously, I’d simply built a hospital corridor and cafeteria for my “hospital shots” on an empty lot in Newcrest.
However, I downloaded “Willow Creek Hospital” by mykenna_peace from the Gallery for the hospital shots of Boy X in his (modified) hospital room and outside the hospital. In addition, I designated the lot as “Generic” so townie sims would not appear on the lot.

Also, sorry for the cheezy helicopter shot, lol. I played a separate file for all the Willow Creek Hospital scenes and I guess I just got carried away.

As always, thanks so much for reading!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Boy X Comes "Home" (new 11/30)
« Reply #357 on: December 01, 2016, 08:03:41 AM »
I know my focus should be on Boy X Ze, but Banana came back!!  She looked so awesome in her black dress!  And I can't wait to see Dulce's nooboo!! 
Now, onto this whole Ze thing, he'd better not do anything to hurt our dear, darling Tami or we'll...not really be able to do anything to him, but we'll still be very displeased!  My first thought with him, of course, is as romantic interest for Tami, but I can't help but wonder if there's some surprise twist around the corner.  I'm just not willing to trust this young man at this point.  Takumi had better be keeping an eye on him.
Anyway, another wonderful update which has obviously triggered all sorts of thoughts and responses from me  :=)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2016, 12:34:15 PM »
Eeee! *jumps up and down* The mysterious Boy X has officially entered the household! I love how the shots of him started really far away and kept getting closer and closer until we could finally see how dreamy he is. And he's such a wounded little puppy with his scars and bandages! Tami, he needs you!

Okay, I'm getting carried away, but I loved this chapter, including the helicopter shot, and I'm very excited to see how everything develops!

I'm also glad Banana has come to her senses and worked her way back into everyone's good graces. She's one of my favorites and her behavior lately has been troubling, to say the least.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #359 on: December 01, 2016, 03:39:09 PM »
I'm with Pip. Banana! Beautiful as always and the black dress SO suits her. Danny seems so... unenthused about the new baby, but I'm sure he's actually very excited, just in shock from baby number 2.

Ze... sounds interesting but he's still new to the family. I did love his storyline though. I had a feeling you would be drawn into doing some nice little backstories for new characters. I love it. ;D

anything