Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132037 times)

Offline laurenannie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Mori Legacy: Nerdy Conan Grows Up & The Gen7 Heir Vote (12/12)
« Reply #420 on: December 13, 2016, 12:40:56 AM »
Oh I love them all. I think I'll go with...Conan with Yuta as a super close second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: Nerdy Conan Grows Up & The Gen7 Heir Vote (12/12)
« Reply #421 on: December 13, 2016, 02:34:35 AM »
I vote Conan with Yuta a close second.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Getting to Know the Potential Gen7 Heirs
« Reply #422 on: December 13, 2016, 03:16:37 AM »
Ooooh, Jin and Conan are neck to neck!
Jin: 3   
Yuta: 1   
Conan: 3

Jin: *blows air kisses to @FrancescaFiori @Joria and @JonMom2009
Yuta: *gives a grateful hug to @NexttoNormal
Conan: *smiles mischievously then winks @HelenP @laurenannie and @Caterina

I should actually have provided better introductions to the three potential heirs before calling for the Gen7 Heir vote, but I was just too excited about all three of them becoming teenagers.

This chapter does not aim to change your vote for the Gen7 heir, but I hope it will give you a better sense of the three boys’ personalities and what their respective legacy roles will be.
After taking the screenshots of the candidates, I find they are very equally matched in attractiveness, although they’re appealing in different ways.

(@HelenP  I almost tagged you under the firemen’s dance because I knew you would laugh, hehe)

6.65  The Mori Legacy: Getting to Know the Potential G7 Heirs

Week 34/Tuesday

Jin: Can you spot everyone in their Spooky Party costumes?
Mama makes a bewitching fairy and Papa’s dressed as an Interstellar Smuggler.
I’m wearing the Criminal/Villain outfit, same as cousin Kenta who looks a lot like Great-Grandpa Yuki.
The green witch is Grandma Miko who recently became an elder.

Yuta: That’s me on the very left as Darth Maul, with Auntie Maya and Great-Grandma Banana dressed as cheerleaders.
The birthday boy Conan is dressed as a zombie schoolboy but he’s quite blind without his glasses.
The elderly witch in black is Adrian Bateman, facing Uncle Ranma the cheerleader. Uncle Takumi’s a pirate.
Though I’m happy that Jin, Conan, and I are teenagers, I hate that so many of our relatives have become elders.

Tami: Aaaaah, it’s so easy to throw a non-prestige party!
No party goals to fulfill and we still receive two little ghost lamps after ending the party.

Ze: Why are you taking a screenshot of me? Isn’t this chapter all about introducing the potential heirs?
W: That’s right, but you look so fabulous in that Interstellar Smuggler costume…
Actually, you look incredible in everything. I think you rank among my top 2-3 all-time favorite sims.

Tami: Thank you, Watchette, for taking this picture of us while we’re still young adults.
Yes, I didn’t want to forget! It’s normally so hard to catch you two together in your formal wear.

Wednesday

Conan: I’m so excited about my first day of high school!
Yuta: Awwww, you closed your eyes and ruined the photo opp, Conan!

Takumi: I’m really at a loss about what to do with this second massage therapist.
Deleting him in the Household Management menu won’t work and leaving him at another lot doesn’t work, either.
I check my phone but, no, I can’t cancel the massage therapy service.
I even had Watchette store both massage tables in family inventory yesterday!
In my frustration, I do the only thing that comes to mind. Pfffft!

Yuta: Just to remind you, I’m a Perfectionist who Loves the Outdoors. As a young adult, I’ll gain the Bro trait and join the Astronaut/Interstellar Smuggler career.
My signature color is orange.

Yuta: Because Conan will join an active career, Jin and I will join careers with work shifts that end later than the detective career’s 9-7 shifts.
That’s why I’m aiming to become an Interstellar Smuggler and Jin, a Double Diamond Agent.
Ideally, after Conan gets home from work, the family can top off our needs by reading our Books of Life or change the club vibe, as needed.

Yuta: My first aspiration is Bestselling Author and I’ve already reached the final tier.
Dad and Uncle Ranma, thank you for mentoring me in Writing and keeping me shackled to my desk.

I’ll be buying Connections and Entrepreneurial later on.
But, for now, I’m buying Marketable and Creative Visionary to help me with publishing income and bestsellers.

Jin: Heyo, Jin here! Due to my Soulmate aspiration, I got a new sweater with a flaming heart.
You remember that I’m a Neat Music Lover and become Outgoing on my young adult birthday, right?
Generally, my signature colors are white and grey.

Jin: Since Soulmate and Double Diamond Agent both require romantic interactions, I’ve been chosen to join Double Diamond Agent rather than Yuta.
Is it just my imagination or did our watcher give Dad all the cool outfits already?

Jin: Even though I’m stuck on Soulmate, I’ve managed to max Painting and Handiness already.
As you can see, I’ve also started leveling my Fitness.
So far, I’ve earned just over 4,000 Satisfaction so I can already buy Connections.
I’ll try earning more Satisfaction points by cooking later, so I can buy a few more reward traits before my next birthday.

Ranma: Are you giving our readers your sultry look, Jin?
Jin: No...maybe.

Conan: And last but not least, Conan here!
I’m a Cheerful Vegetarian who gains the Good trait as a young adult. Sadly, I can no longer model my look after the teenage detective Shin’ichi Kudo…
But I do have the cow lick that both he and his younger self Conan are known for.

Conan: As a young adult, I’ll be joining the Detective career regardless of all its bugs.
I’ll be completing the last active career of this legacy, so I hope you’ll enjoy following me to work!

Conan: Since I have the Nerd Brain aspiration, I’ve been locked up in the sauna-less Sauna Room in a Very Focused mood.
I’ve been reading three best-selling skill books, written by my ancestors, on Handiness, Rocket Science, and Fitness.
Nerd Brain should be a walk in the park, since I maxed Logic already as a child.

Ranma: Bro, since the release of City Living, the game has started generating random townies that share our family name. Weird, huh?
Takumi: Yeah, I’ve noticed that, too. Do you watch The Sim Supply’s City Living Let’s Play series on Youtube?
Today, his sim Frederick Bigwallet hired a butler whose name is…wait for it…Akito Mori.
Ranma: Do you think he might be a distant relative?

W: So, you fellas are exactly 90 days old today. What do you want to do with the rest of your lives? Do you want to move out or stay?
Ranma: If nobody minds, I’d like to move out. I have an elderly wife and three beautiful daughters.
I’d love to spend time with them during my remaining days.
Tami: Ze and I have maxed all the mentor-able skills already. The boys have also learned a good number of them as well.
Ranma: If you need me to mentor, I’m just a phone call away, you know.
Takumi: I wish to stay until the Gen7 heir becomes a young adult at which time I’ll move out.
That would give the Gen7 heir room to move in a spouse and have two children right away.

W: So, Mama Bear, which of your sons would you like to see become the seventh-generation heir?
Tami: In terms of talent, all three boys are equally intelligent, competent, and charming.

Of course, I love all three of my gorgeous sons! The question is: Who would produce the most alluring Gen8 heir?

Oh and about that second massage therapist. After moving the massage tables into family inventory last night, that NPC left the lot without our noticing, some time between yesterday evening and this morning. Hmmpph!

Tami: Checking my relationship panel, I note that the three girls formerly in Jin’s Love club are now young adults.
Since I'd head from Jin that Kyra Trivedi had two unique traits a a teen, I invite Kyra and her goofy walk over to the house.

Takumi: Folks, we have ourselves a winner! Kyra has three unique traits—She’s a Gloomy, Unflirty Goofball!

Tami: Yuta and Jin become young adults in 8 days, while Conan becomes a young adult in 12 days.
Takumi: If the Gen7 heir brings Kyra in as his Primary Spouse, will he still feel the need to seek true love with a Secondary Spouse?
Tami: Dad, only the Gen7 heir himself can answer that question.
Takumi: Do you think it’s too early to move Kyra in?

W: Aaaaannnd the search for a possible Gen7 Secondary Spouse begins, among the in-game townies (extremely slim pickings) as well as the Gallery sims tagged #legacyloves.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Mori Legacy: Getting to Know the Potential Gen7 Heirs (12/13)
« Reply #423 on: December 13, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »
Team Conan!  He and Kyra will have beautiful children and live happily ever after!
Loved that he finally met Banana at his teen birthday.  Of course, that's also because I love that she's still around  :=)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #424 on: December 13, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »
Oh, man. I love the poses! The Moris have such finesse. I'm grateful for the deeper look at the heir choices, but I'm still Team Jin. Love that flaming heart sweater!

Kyra is quite lovely, despite being another one of these contradictory gloomy goofballs. Hopefully her unflirtiness won't cause too much trouble whether she ends up being primary or secondary spouse. Are you able to change the goofy walk when you plan outfits? I've never tried.

Excited to see how the vote turns out!

Offline laurenannie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #425 on: December 13, 2016, 09:01:49 PM »
Unflirty is not very good. I've never been able to build a romantic relationship with an unflirty sim, one single romance option seems to negate any flirty mood and they get tense around romantic sims. I think kyra might be an excellent candidate for death by pufferfish!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Everyday We're Shufflin'
« Reply #426 on: December 14, 2016, 08:38:45 AM »
@PeregrineTook
Thank you for your vote. Yes, Banana is amazingly long-lived!

@FrancescaFiori
I really enjoyed playing around with the poses for just one chapter. I’ve since taken them all out of my Mods folder.
As for Kyra’s goofy walk, I’m pretty sure (but not 100%) that a sim’s walk can only be changed when it’s created or by using the cas.fulleditmode cheat.

@laurenannie
So your nightmare sim would be jealous and unflirty, lol. I haven’t played an Unflirty sim yet. Even with multiple Flirty +9 paintings and half a dozen VIP buckets, it’s not possible to get an Unflirty sim in a Very Flirty mood? Are you talking about a Watched sim or a sim you don’t control? I should do a test file…

6.66 The Mori Legacy: Everyday We’re Shufflin’

Week 34/Wednesday

Tami: The aliens sure love Dad.  This is the second time he’s been abducted in 10 days!
Uncle Ranma moved out tonight to live with his wife and three daughters. (Of course, we lose all our collections…)
Takumi: Soon after that, I notice a mysterious light outside and feel compelled to investigate it.

Takumi: I return around midnight in a Dazed mood.
Tami: But you got zapped and jolted, rather than probed, so you can’t be pregnant, right?
Takumi: I most definitely am not pregnant. Still, I have no recollection of what happened on the spaceship.
Tami: Not to be mean, Dad, but I’m rather glad it was you rather than my beloved Ze. You’re already an elder, so the chances of you getting pregnant are super slim!

Thursday

Yuta: Even with the Marketable and Creative Visionary traits, I still haven’t written a single bestseller! Oh well, at least I’m looking good.
Let me take a selfie, you handsome fella!

Conan: As of this very moment, I have four votes for Gen7 heir and you have three votes. Unexpected, eh?

Jin: Dream on, detective boy with the Harry Potter look! I have another vote that hasn’t been counted yet.
Heaven knows, I’m the only one of us three who can get a sultry smolder on!
Up to now, though, I’ve been holding back because of Papa Ze. This is still his time in the spotlight.

Yuta: Bah humbug, I only have one vote! Next time, I get the pastel hair!

Tami: This afternoon, I check Jin’s former girlfriend, Imane Al Fassi, in his relationship panel.
Although she’s aged up to young adult, she’s still described as Jin’s Lover, Sweetheart, and Girlfriend. I invite her over.

Takumi: Wow, Imane really looks a lot like Kyra Trivedi, except she only has two unique traits.
Tami: Yeah, Watchette unintentionally gave Imane the same hair as Kyra’s. Anyway, let me take her to the closet to give back her original short coif.

Ze: My hygiene tanks while I’m practicing yoga, so I go to take a shower.
Instead, I’m sidetracked by the new toilet. What’s that water gushing up from the toilet bowl?
W: Haven’t you ever used a multi-function Japanese toilet before? Look at the inset, Ze.
I’ve inlaid an image of the remote controller for a popular model by the world’s largest toilet maker, Toto.
And no, the Japanese firm Toto is not named after Dorothy’s dog from Wizard of Oz.

Ze: I use the mysterious toilet repeatedly until I learn all its functions. I understand “Use,” “Use & Massage,” and “Use & Sanitize,” but what the heck is “Use & Watch”?
Who’s doing the watching here? The toilet? Creepy…

Yuta: I’m stressing about writing a bestseller, so Dad thinks I could use a break from sitting at the computer.
Tami: We can’t use lot traits at home, so this Skye Fitness Gym with its Bracing Breezes lot trait is a real blessing!

Ze: Hey, Jin. We’re at a gym. Why are you practicing mixing drinks instead of working out downstairs with Yuta and Conan?
Jin: Oh, Uncle Ranma didn’t tell you? I’ve already maxed Fitness. When we get home, will you buy me a yoga mat, Papa?

Friday

Conan: I ask Dad to mentor me in Fitness, though it’s not a skill requirement for Detective.
Still, I want to be fit in case some low-life decides to pick a fight with me while I’m on patrol.
Also, can you see my cowlick? *googles “cowlick”
Wow, I never knew the word dates back to the sixteenth century!

Jin: Watchette’s placed a small grill in the kitchen so I won’t lose my Inspired mood by going outdoors to cook.
I age up to young adult in 6 days and I have 4,400 satisfaction points now, so I think I’ll be fine.
Just gotta keep rolling dem cooking whims!

Tami: What’s up, Dad? You’re looking even more upbeat than usual this morning.
Takumi: Well, take a good look at me, Tami?
Tami: Okay, I’ll bite. What should I be looking at?
Takumi: Actually, it’s not what you can see but what you don’t see. I’m my usual slender self, right?
I can’t tell you how relieved I am to learn that I’m not pregnant!

Saturday

Yuta: Dad suggests we all come to Desert Bloom Park this afternoon to take a break from skilling.
If I look a bit sad, it’s because I have yet to write even one bestseller!
Besides sleep, school, and meals, I’ve been writing novels non-stop.
I have the Perfectionist trait plus the Creative Visionary reward trait, but no bestsellers.
Since I love the outdoors, Watchette’s going to make me a new outdoor writing space later today.

Takumi: Mama, I’m glad you have time to hang out with us at the park today.
Banana: You know you only need to check my work schedule to figure out when I’m free!
Takumi: Wow, Tami, how did I never notice how much you resemble my mother?
Banana: Of course, Tami resembles me—she’s my grand-daughter!

Jin: I run into Kyra Trivedi at the park and we renew our friendship.
I ask about her career just for small talk but discover (based on her work hours) that she’s a Level 10 Interstellar Smuggler!!!
W: Are you kidding me? As soon as you and Yuta turn young adults in five days, we’re moving Kyra in! And, uh, why do I get a tingly feeling that Kyra’s still into you?
Jin: Because we’re good friends?

Ze: I finally catch a trout to complete our fish collection (again)!
W: Thanks for doing that, Ze! I like to always keep the fish collection complete for the Angling Ace aspiration.

Ze: Okay, people, let’s head home so Yuta can write his bestsellers!

Tami: I’m so glad that our sons have the chance to get to know their great-grandmother.
Jin: Great-Grandma Banana and I are both Music Lovers!
Yuta: I'm preoccupied with my aspiration and can think of nothing witty to say here...

Yuta: After dinner, I check out my new writing space, which is just outside the Inspired Room.
The Inspired Room gives me the “Cooped Up” moodlet, but this space gives me the “Fresh Air” moodlet!
Let’s hope that I’m a happier, more creative writer here.

Week 35/Sunday

W: Oh, you poor thing, Conan! You are feeling “Very Uncomfortable”!
Conan: Of course, I am! Knowing I’m a vegetarian, you made me eat pufferfish nigiri. I might have died!
W: Not a chance. You ate excellent-quality pufferfish nigiri prepared by your Uncle Ranma.

Conan: But why did you have me prepare more pufferfish nigiri on this chef station outside?
W: I couldn’t be bothered to disable all the Inspired-boosting objects in the kitchen but I didn’t want you Inspired.
With your Uncomfortable +10 moodlet and your Level 1 Cooking, you prepared poor-quality pufferfish nigiri.

Conan: Why do you sound happy about that?

Takumi: So I cloned 24 more servings of Conan’s poor-quality pufferdish nigiri. You think that’s enough?
W: In a perfect world, we would only need a single poor-quality serving, but we do not live in a perfect world…

Yuta: I don’t know if this is my lucky writing space or not, but I certainly hope so! After dinner last night, I completed my first bestseller!

Takumi: So, Mr. Stuck-on-Soulmate Jin, you seem to be doing pretty well for yourself. What skills have you maxed since your teen birthday?
Jin: Painting, Handiness, Violin, Fitness, Homestyle Cooking, and Gourmet Cooking.
Takumi: What about satisfaction points?
Jin: As of this afternoon, I have 7,330 points. I can’t decide whether I should cook for more points or max another skill.
Takumi: By the way, is that pizza crust you’re throwing behind your back?
Jin: Nah, it’s apple pie crust. Who knew people made pie crust like this, eh?

Monday

Conan: So, Yuta, how goes Bestselling Author?
Yuta: I completed my second bestseller yesterday evening so only one more to go! I'll definitely be done before my birthday!
Jin and I age up to young adults in three more days on Thursday, you know. What about you?
Conan: I’m four days younger than you two, so my young adult birthday isn’t until next Monday. One whole week left...

Remarks

Popularity category: The other day I was overjoyed to discover that I could earn another point by having a single sim get a gold medal for every party type. Since Tami’s a Party Animal, that was so much easier than earning 400 more points (130+ gold-medal social events)!
After re-reading the legacy rules, however, I learned that I can’t earn one point for buying all club perks for my Legacy club AND another point for gold-medaling every party type. I got confused because the Excel scoresheet gave me both points, but it’s actually an either/or option. Darn! So my score drops to 87/101.

Death by pufferfish: I tried this death type on Tami’s primary spouse but failed, possibly because I fed him normal-quality pufferfish nigiri.
But now we have the poor-quality stuff. Mwahahahaha!

Kyra Trivedi: She has three unique traits plus she’s a Level 10 Interstellar Smuggler. ‘Nuff said.

Thanks so much for reading!
If you haven’t expressed your preference for the Gen7 heir, please post and help break the tie!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Everyday We're Shufflin' (12/14)
« Reply #427 on: December 14, 2016, 12:21:22 PM »
Congratulations to Takumi on the lack of pregnancy! An alien Mori might be fun, but I feel like it's awfully hard on elders to put them through the experience of giving birth. Poor fellas.

Go, Jin! You get that smolder on, buddy!

I laughed hard at poor uncomfortable Conan making pufferfish nigiri. Somehow the extra-long sleeves on his sweater make him look extra miserable.

Kyra is such a find! Unique traits and a maxed career already! Plus, she's cute!

Oh, and I have some experience with unflirty sims from some recent serial romantic gameplay and I can report that while they're tough to seduce initially, if your sim has the beguiling trait they can get beguiled like anybody else and once they're very flirty they're pretty easy marks. The effects of Sakura Tea seem to wear off extra fast on them, though. Good luck!

Offline laurenannie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #428 on: December 14, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »
Alas I am not a super simmer like others on the forum. I was trying to get my unflirty sim going with one simple VIP bucket and a flirty  shower. I'll have to try beguiling. One of my sims in my "fun play" file was really hitting it off platonically with Raj Rayosa and I was getting so frustrated that I couldn't get them romantic, even after I switched control to Raj. But yes an unflirty, jealous sim would be a nightmare! What would be an appropriate third trait? Squeamish?

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #429 on: December 15, 2016, 02:27:36 PM »
Hello! I'm PJHP1243. I've been Lurking reading this for a while and would like to vote. Mine goes to Jin!
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #430 on: December 15, 2016, 03:04:21 PM »
@PJHP1243
Thank you so much for dropping by to vote!

To everyone who's voted so far:
The vote for the seventh-generation heir is now closed.

I'm impossibly impatient to continue playing my legacy, so I am closing the vote now.
I'll be using the random choice selector at www.random.org to break the tie between Jin and Conan. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #431 on: December 15, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »
OH NO!  So not fair!  I missed the deadline and now it might be impossible for my beloved Jin to win.  He with Kyra would have been my vote.  They would make awesim nooboos and such great traits.  Besides, pink hair plus smolder.  Do I need say more?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #432 on: December 15, 2016, 04:08:59 PM »
@Joria

No worries, dear friend. You posted your vote for Jin two updates ago.   ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: A Breath of Fresh Heir
« Reply #433 on: December 16, 2016, 12:36:25 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
My father sim in this year’s Baby Boomer Challenge had twin alien babies, so the Mori household’s two empty spots made me extremely nervous. Does being Zapped & Jolted or Probed result in different outcomes?

Poor miserable Conan, but he’s my first sim to make poor-quality pufferfish nigiri. It wasn’t as easy as I’d imagined.

As for unflirty, thanks for the tip about Beguiling. The Mori’s have accumulated around 80 VIP buckets, which we naively thought could be used to overwhelm an unflirty sim.
To change the walk, I checked and it does require the cas.fulleditmode cheat.

@laurenannie
There was a Squeamish sim in this legacy house for a while. I can only remember that they hated fishing. What else does a Squeamish sim do (or not do)?
For an immortal dynasty or a legacy, perhaps Hates children might be the worst third trait for an unflirty, jealous sim? (Lol, I’m probably jinxing myself now…)

7.67   The Mori Legacy:  A Breath of Fresh Heir

Week 35/Monday

Yuta: Homework is a snap with all three adults helping us out!
Jin: Let’s hurry and finish.  I’m starving!

Takumi: Now that we are all gathered here together, I’d like to announce the Gen7 heir.
To break the tie between Jin and Conan, Watchette used www.random.org a total of 10 times and Jin came out the winner.
Ze: Let’s everyone lend Jin all our support when he assumes leadership of the Mori Legacy on Thursday!
Conan: Awww, I was so close! I even splurged on a new Harry Potter outfit for my victory pose!

Yuta: Mama, you’re constantly uploading your boring food photos to Plumbook.
Tami: Well, I’m a former food critic, you know.
Conan: You should send a friend request to that notoriously discerning Morris Spiffendale, Mama!

Jin: After my birthday on Thursday, I can start making headway with my Soulmate aspiration.
I invite Imane over to see if we might have a future together…

Imane: Hey, so after you age up, are we going to start dating? I haven’t seen you for weeks!
Jin: Quite honestly, Imane, I don’t believe we have much in common anymore.
Imane: I bet you’re just saying that because my third trait is Jealous!
Jin: No, it’s not that, Imane. I think we’ll both be better off if we’re just friends. (Jealous trait? No thanks!)

Tami: Yuta, you know we’ve stopped using Rally the Troops lately in favor of getting a good night’s sleep.
Yuta: But, Mama, I only have one more bestseller and three more days until my young adult birthday.
Please, rally the troops tonight. Please? It’s almost midnight and I want to write one more novel.

Week 35/Tuesday

Takumi: Heyo, Grim, I received your first notice today.
Grim Reaper: Sorry about that, Takumi, but you’re 97 days old. Your days are numbered. Why do you look so young?
Takumi: One, I have cc hair that never greys. Two, as a Dance Machine, I’m always burning up the calories.

GR: What’s your plan, dude? Stay in the Mori house or move out to live with your wife Miko?
Takumi: I want to be the first sim to live in the Mori house from birth to death.
GR: Sorry, buddy, but even I don’t know how much time you have left.
I just act on instructions from the Big Boss, sending out notices and reaping souls.

W: All I can say is, once the Gen7 heir becomes a young adult, you’ll need to move out, Takumi.

Ze: After school, Tami and I have Jin pose for us so we can each memorialize him with a portrait.
Tami: Wow, Ze, your painting turned out to be a masterpiece!
Ze: Yours is worth a little more, even though mine has a little background greenery.
Tami: You’re right, darling. Let’s use your portrait in the legacy portrait gallery!

Wednesday

Yuta: Since our birthday is tomorrow morning, Jin and I won’t be going back to high school.
W: Gah, I completely forgot to keep you two home from school this week!
Yuta: Last night, I drank a moodlet solver to pull an all-nighter but only wrote two non-bestsellers.
But a little past 8 o’clock this morning, I finally complete my third bestseller. I’m free, at last!

Takumi: No offense, Yuta, but you’re the first Mori to take seven sim-days to complete three bestsellers.
Yuta: Pffft, whatever. I did barely manage to finish my aspiration before becoming a young adult.

Yuta: After insta-completing the Fabulous Wealthy and Mansion Baron aspirations, I begin working on Curator.
Tami: You need to choose another career, Yuta. You won’t need to complete Interstellar Smuggler…
Yuta: I’m considering one of the Politics careers.  Charity organizer?

Jin: Because I’m skipping school, I invite over a classmate I’ve been wanting to get to know better. Her name is Yuki Yano. She’s a quiet sim but incredibly pretty!
Yuki: Thanks so much for the invite, Jin! I age up in two days so I’ve been hoping we could stay in touch.

Jin: What? I can’t believe you just beat me in Party Frenzy! What are your traits again?
Yuki: I’m a Perfectionist Bookworm…

Takumi: Jin looks so happy around Yuki! I recognize that gleam in his eye. He’s already a goner, for sure!
And look what great fashion style Yuki has! Did you notice we’re wearing the same pale turquoise slacks?
I record Yuki’s epic saga in an extra Book of Life I wrote recently. Just in case she moves in when I’m not around.

Takumi: I notice Miko strolling past our house and invite her inside. I remember she doesn’t have the Long-Lived trait. How old is my beloved Miko now?
Spending time with Miko makes me want to move out tomorrow. Miko shouldn’t be living alone!

Jin: Yuki and I are good friends and lovebirds. I already see the First Kiss option, but I’m not going to rush.
Tonight, what I want most is for Yuki and I to become BFFs before I age up.

Jin: And….that’s my girl!
Yuki: Oh no, look at the time! Hey, Jin, let’s meet again on Friday after I cake up!

Thursday

Tami: Around 5 am, we receive “celebrate birthday” notices for the twins but it’s way too early for a party!
Yuta: I’m the first to blow out the candles on my birthday cake.
Not only am I a Perfectionist who Loves the Outdoors, but I’m also a Bro.

Jin: Thanks for the enthusiastic horn-blowing, Yuta, but you’re standing a little too close!
I’m a Neat Music Lover and also Outgoing!

Yuta: Dude, let’s take a photo together before we phone in for our new careers.
Jin: Yep, we’re still crazy cute as young adults, bro!
Yuta: *phones to join the Politics career
Jin: *phones to join the Secret Agent career

Tami: Congratulations, Jin. You are now the seventh-generation heir of the Mori Legacy.
Jin: Thanks, Mama. For my first act as the Gen7 Heir, I ask Kyra Trivedi to move in to be my Primary Spouse.
We are already good friends so she and her L10 Interstellar Ranger self readily agree to move in.

Jin: I invite Kyra into the sauna-less Sauna Room with a plate of Conan’s poor-quality pufferfish nigiri.
Kyra: Why couldn’t Jin just give me a fork to eat this?

Kyra: Gulp, what is this? I can’t breathe!

Jin: So sorry, Kyra, but the Mori Legacy needs your unique traits, your maxed career, and a death by pufferfish.

Friday

Jin: What a surprise to get a phone call from Yuki in the morning, asking me out on a date. I’m so excited to realize that she’s aged up to a young adult, too.
Immediately, I invite my BFF over and ask her to move in.
Yuki: Yes!!! I’ve been hoping that you’d ask me to move here. Incidentally, my third trait is Unflirty and I’m a Renaissance Sim.

Jin: We share a First Kiss then I ask her to be my girlfriend. Can you believe how high I’m jumping for joy?

Jin: Although it’s conventional wisdom not to propose on the same day that you ask someone to go steady, I bank on the fact that we’re already BFFs.
Yuki: Oh, Jin. I absolutely adore this ring. How and when did you learn my ring size?

Jin: I don’t have the Beguiling trait but we’re both feeling Very Flirty, which is possibly over-riding any resistance from the adorable Unflirty Yuki.

Jin: And that, boys and girls, is how I married my BFF and advanced to Tier III of my Soulmate aspiration.
Yuki: Oh no! I’m feeling so flirty that I’ve rolled the “Woohoo with someone” whim!
Jin: You are behaving uncharacteristically, my lovely Unflirty sim!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: A Breath of Fresh Heir (12/15 update)
« Reply #434 on: December 16, 2016, 12:44:48 AM »
Jin: Today’s only my second day as the Gen7 heir, but we’ve already boosted the Mori Legacy’s score from 87 to 91 points!
You can check the Mori Legacy's score at any time here.
Obviously, one of those four points comes from achieving our twelfth and final death type: death by pufferfish.
Let’s give a holler to Conan for preparing that poor-quality pufferfish nigiri in the first place!

Thanks to our recent luck in identifying a Level 10 Doctor and a Level 10 Interstellar Smuggler, we only have six more careers to max.
And, finally, the next-generation heir must be a female sim.

I know several of you were rooting for Conan as the Gen7 heir and for Kyra as his wife.
However, I hope you’ll gradually come to support me as the new heir and also approve my choice of Yuki Yano as my bride.
We’re hoping to produce two or three gorgeous daughters in the very near future. Stay tuned!

Author's Notes

Yuki Yano is a Gallery sim that I downloaded to my game then proceeded to extensively make over, quite extensively.
I'd added her as a teen to the simverse on Wednesday afternoon (sim time), planning to age her up myself on Saturday. I'd rolled "Foodie" as her third trait.

How bizarre that she aged up on her own on Friday morning, then phoned Jin for a date! And she picked the Unflirty trait all by herself, lol.
I'm deeply smitten with Yuki--she makes the cutest little faces! Once I found Yuki on the Gallery, Kyra really didn't stand a chance!

anything