Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 131997 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: The Mori Legacy: A Breath of Fresh Heir (12/15 update)
« Reply #435 on: December 16, 2016, 02:35:38 AM »
I drown in my own updates and finals and miss a heir poll!
Drat!
That's ok, I would've voted for Jin anyways. <3

I love the Mori family! I'm so excited to see what else they get up to!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #436 on: December 16, 2016, 05:08:48 AM »
In the end, Jin's heart sweater won me over.  Congrats on your death by pufferfish!  I looked at your score sheet...very impressive.  I can't wait to see the girls of the next generation.  Great update!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #437 on: December 16, 2016, 12:03:07 PM »
Yay Jin! Way to go with the come-from-behind victory! What a nail-biter this one was. Yuki is adorable. What is it with cute gallery sims all being named Yuki? Anyway, very much looking forward to some smoldering, pouty-lipped nooboos. :)

Farewell, Kyra. She made some very significant contributions to the household in a very brief time. Good job, Yuta, on finishing your aspiration.

I find squeamish sims difficult but hilarious. My butler is squeamish and shudders every time she has to clean something. I'd never use one for a challenge, but they totally crack me up.

Oh, and Morris thanks Conan for the shout-out. He would graciously accept any friend-requests from the Moris. ;)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #438 on: December 16, 2016, 01:43:10 PM »
Bummed that Conan didn't win, but, Jin at least is fun to look at ;-D
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #439 on: December 16, 2016, 03:00:38 PM »
One of the things I really dislike about legacy play is the need to kill off people, especially such nice ones as Kyra.  Too sad.  Yuki as a spouse is really great and so is overcoming the unflirty trait!  That one can be a killer in the romance department.  I'm sure she and the adorable Jin will have absolutely gorgeous nooboos.  So lucky to get those level 10 people in!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: All Hail Hinata
« Reply #440 on: December 17, 2016, 01:52:15 AM »
@LivvieLove
I hope you’ll soon be enjoying your winter break from school!  Thanks for dropping by.
I had a feeling that you would support Jin.  And your enthusiastic support for the Mori family is very much appreciated!

@Caterina
I’m glad to hear Jin managed to win you over, haha. As for death by pufferfish, having the poor-quality pufferfish nigiri seems essential. Regarding my score, I’ve totally exploited the primary/secondary spouse rule for unique Primary Spouse traits and I imported some Gallery sims as spouses that weren’t strictly #legacyloves, so I might say that my score is not exactly legit. I think it’s okay as long as I’m honest with the readers about the ways in which I’m cheesing the rules. Keeping the game fun is crucial.
    Otherwise, I think the overall legacy challenge isn’t as hard as the Apocalypse Challenge—a legacy is just longer and requires more slogging, lol. Yes, the Gen8 girls are on their way!

@FrancescaFiori
I giggled at your comment about “cute gallery sims all being named Yuki.” You think it’s the influence of Yuki Behr? Truth be told, I changed my sim Yuki’s family name from Yang (which is Chinese) to Yano (which is Japanese), since Yuki is a Japanese given name.

I’ve been jinxing myself lately. We discuss unflirty sims, then Yuki ends up with the Unflirty trait. You would never know it, though.
I don't even bother to use a club for her anymore.

@Magpie2012
Conan isn’t heir but he’ll be sticking around for many more sim-weeks.  :-)

@Joria
Initially, I was planning to let the one point earned from 12/12 death types go but then I couldn’t resist trying to figure out how to orchestrate all the deaths.
Yuki’s Unflirty trait has not posed any problems so far; she’s unbelievably and autonomously bold with Jin. I'm sure using four VIP buckets doesn't hurt.
And yes, the L10 Doctor and Interstellar Smuggler were real blessings! The legacy only has one active career (Detective) and 5 rabbithole careers to go. Two careers per generation is very, very reasonable!

7.68  The Mori Legacy: All Hail Hinata!

Week 35/Friday

Yuki: Although I’m Unflirty, I “feebly” ask Jin on two dates for his Soulmate aspiration.
He’s already maxed Charisma, so this gives me a chance to work on mine.

Jin: Yuki, I find your steamy passion thoroughly surprising and endlessly delightful.

Yuki: When you look at me like that, Jin, I quite forget that I am, in actuality, unflirty…

Yuki: *asks Jin to try for baby then vigorously pumps fist
Jin: So, dearest, you seem to be quite fine with Private Displays of Affection, yes?

Yuki: I don’t understand why we aren’t Soulmates yet. Our friendship and romance bars are maxed.
Jin: I think we just need to leave the lot for a bit. Let’s visit the Von Haunt Estate.
With my Soulmate aspiration, I’d like a more romantic photo for our legacy’s chapter index. What do you think?
Yuki: Oh, Papa Ze switched suits with you. You slay in the floral jacquard suit, sweetheart!

Jin (sighs): After interacting at the Von Haunt Estate and the Harbor Quarter Gym, we’re still not soulmates.
I hesitate to use a cheat because I’d have to manually count the required 50 romantic interactions for Soulmate’s Tier IV.
Yuki: Let’s just go about our lives for another day and see what happens. I’d like to get started on Renaissance Sim, too!

Yuki: I guess the Pasta Primavera I ate for lunch didn’t agree with me.
W: Thank you, Yuki, for running all the way around the house to one of the smallest bathrooms.
You know how I dislike walls-down screenshots!

Jin: Thanks for making the time for this little meeting. I want to get your thoughts on our household size.
Tami: Since your grandfather Takumi and your great-uncle Ranma moved out recently, we’re down to six sims.
Ze: That leaves you room to have two children. What’s your question?
Jin: I want to ask you both why you wanted to have three children instead of just two, like the previous generation.
Ze: You mean, besides the obvious fact that your mother and I have fabulous genes?
Tami: Frankly, we thought the readers might enjoy choosing between three candidates instead of two.

Jin: I’m inclined to agree. With only two candidates, each one has a 50% shot of being chosen.
Ze: Did you want to have this meeting so you could ask me to leave?
Tami: If Ze leaves, I’d leave too, naturally.
Jin: No, I wanted to ask your opinion of having Yuta move out. Conan has several fans, and I’d like him to stay.
On the other hand, Yuta got only one vote. Do you think he would be the best option to move out?

Tami: I’m going to say yes. This legacy only needs to complete six more careers, thanks to Kyra’s contribution.
This generation, only you and Conan need to complete careers, Then Gen8 and Gen9 can complete two careers each.
Ze: Right, there’s no need to try and complete a fourth career this generation. I think it’s fine to let Yuta go.
Tami: Ideally, Yuta would get someone pregnant before moving out to help Ze and I complete Big Happy Family…

Saturday

And the very next morning…

Yuta: I hear the news from Jin and the parents last night about my moving out. It’s just as well.

Mallory: Thanks for inviting me over, but is it okay for you to skip your first day of work?
Yuta: No worries, Mallory. I’ve seen you at lots of family parties but we never got a chance to talk. Would you explain to me again how we are related?
Mallory: I’m am the granddaughter of Donato Mori, who’s the older brother of your great-grandmother Banana Mori.
Yuta: And that makes us…too unrelated for The Sims 4 to care.  Okay, we’re good!

W: Dang it, stop sitting backwards on the ottoman! You should be facing away from the bed, not sitting between the bed and the ottoman!

Yuta: I devote the day to romancing the socks off of Mallory Damico. Well, socks and a little more, if you must know.

Tami: Whatever are you doing, my darling son?
Conan: While I was swimming in the pool window, Watchette instructs me to evolve the plants she pulled out of inventory.
Tami: But why does it look like you’re swimming through the lawn?
Conan: Who knows?

Yuta: Once I confirm that Mallory’s indeed with child, I’m ready to move out.
We just ate not too long ago, so I’m pretty Mallory’s hand gesture signifies conception, not flatulence.
It’s time to begin my new life with Mallory and our future child in The Lighthouse.

Jin: Wow, you look pretty happy to be moving out, Yuta.
Yuta: Are you kidding me? The constant pressure of writing bestselling novels was insanely stressful.
I’ve quit my job in Politics and plan to live the life of Riley on the island with my cougar wife and our little one.

Week 36/Sunday

Conan: Mama, I know you want me to succeed but there’s no need to mentor me so harshly!
Tami: I’m sorry, but I’m so upset about my parents, you know.
My grandma Banana, Uncle Ranma, and Auntie Dulce are still alive, but my parents both passed away!
Conan: Yeah, I heard that Grandpa Takumi and Grandma Miko were gone when Yuta moved into The Lighthouse.
Tami: Yes, Ze and I looked everywhere for them, then noticed they appear in our relationship panels as ghosts.
I wonder if Mama and Papa decided to leave this world together. *sniffle, sniffle

W: Yes, we are once again back to cooking for Connections… *sighs
Yuki: What do you mean “once again”? It’s not easy for a previously unwatched sim to do Renaissance Sim, you know!
I was a C student in high school plus I moved in here with no skills nor satisfaction points.
Jin: So what you got so far, hun?
Yuki: I need 4 skills at Level 4. My Cooking and Gourmet Cooking are L4, Logic and Violin are L3.
And I have 1800 satisfaction points.

Monday

Yuki: Oh my! Jin, you’re leaving for your first day of work.
I ask only one favor, darling. Please don’t smile like that for any ladies at your office!

Yuki: Whoa, I’ve been so busy skilling for Renaissance Sim that I only now notice I’m in my third trimester.
I better eat strawberries and listen to pop music before it’s too late!
Tami: Did you hear the news? This afternoon, Yuta’s girlfriend gave birth to a little girl named Lilliana. My first grandchild!

Jin: Hello, sweetness! *blows a steamy kiss
Yuki: Oh, congrats on getting promoted on your first day of work, Jin!
Did you come to listen to pop music with me or are you only trying to distract me?
Jin: I just want to keep you company, dearest, and to bask in your loveliness.

Yuki: Uh huh, I bet you thought you could sneak in a half dozen romantic interactions for your Soulmate aspiration.
Jin: Who me?
Yuki: Don’t think you’re fooling me for a minute with that angelic, pouty look!
Jin (internally): The sad look isn’t working?!

Conan: I get my birthday notice around 10 p.m. and simply cake up at home with immediate family.
It’s so hard to take a picture where everyone looks good. Whatever!
Half the family closes their eyes but Dad opens his eyes twice as wide, so it balances out. Kinda.

Conan: To complete Renaissance Sim, I switch jobs twice then end with my target career, Detective.
Don’t get me wrong—I love this overly long-sleeved tee shirt and how it stylishly pairs with my slim jeans.
But the sleeves make phone calls, texting, and various other daily tasks devilishly difficult! Arrggh!

Conan: Fan service! Yours truly pensively flaunting his boyish charm, while dressed in the Gryffindor uniform.
I feel positively nekkid without the robe and wand, but what’s a lowly sim to do?

Tuesday

Tami: My grandmother Banana passed away this morning. I wish she could have lived long enough to meet your children, Yuki!
Yuki: My condolences, Mama Tami. She was an amazing sim! Oh, it’s almost noon! May I ask you for a fertility massage?
I go into labor around 2:30 pm. I opt for a home birth since Jin is at work and likely to be promoted again.

Yuki: Welcome to the simverse, our precious Hinata.
Hinata: Um, what are you staring at? So yeah, I have a slightly greenish tinge to my skintone.
Can you believe that I lie in the bassinet starving for over an hour, while everyone vie with Mama to attend me?
W: Maybe you should be in a locked room during your two-day infancy…
Regardless, Hinata is not as dark-skinned as the babies of Gen2 through Gen6, yet not as light-skinned as Yuta, Jin, and Conan.
Oddly, she looks very pale in the relationship panel; I wonder if she’s just hungry and upset now.

Hinata: You were wondering about my name? I’m named after blue-haired Hinata Hyuga, a female ninja from the incredibly long-running manga named Naruto.

Hinata seems timid and shy but she is highly motivated and deeply persistent.
She has inherited eyes with a magical power that runs only in her bloodline.
It’s a very long story (700 chapters in 72 volumes), but Hinata eventually marries the protagonist Naruto.
So yeah, I have a lot to live up to!

The rightmost image shows Hinata and Naruto at their first exam to become ninja, around age 12. Awww.

Yuki (using mental telepathy): Jin! Hurry up and get home, big boy! We need to try for baby again! <3

Family who passed away during this chapter

Takumi (Gen6 Heir), Miko Ojo (his wife), and Banana Mori (Gen5 Heir).
Rest in Peace. You will all be profoundly missed.  :'(

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: The Mori Legacy: All Hail Hinata! (12/16)
« Reply #441 on: December 17, 2016, 12:16:52 PM »
Yay, Jin! Yuki is gorgeous, and I love Hinata's name! I'm sure she'll be very beautiful when she grows up.
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #442 on: December 17, 2016, 02:15:57 PM »
Welcome Hinata! I love that you're naming kids after anime characters now (and I appreciate the explanations!). I'm sure she will be an adorable child.

Farewell to Yuta! I'm glad you got him nicely settled with a lovely spouse.

Jin is in full-on smolder mode in this chapter! I'm having a very hard time deciding which shot of him is my favorite. Probably the floral suit by the Von Haunt fountain, but further research is required.

Delighted that Conan is sticking around to keep things interesting by cosplaying Harry Potter and swimming in the ground. What a character!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #443 on: December 17, 2016, 05:47:02 PM »
Actually feeling sad that Yuta had to move out but at least he got a lovely girlfriend and baby to live with.  Sad to know of the demise of so many.  Kind of gotten used to having them around.  On the other hand, delighted and the adorableness of the loving couple, Jin and the beautiful Yuki!  I'm sure their little one will be an adorable child and gorgeous teen through adult.  I've never seen an unflirty Sim be so flirty before!  That Soul Mate thing can be a royal pain to get to trigger.  While both the pink and green relationship bars may look totally full, sometimes it takes even more of cloud gazing and romancing after the bars are full to trigger the aspiration step to click in.  Had this with my dynasty.  It does eventually kick in but it was almost like neither bar had any color so I spent hours cloud gazing and doing romantic interactions before it popped.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: In Homage to Vocaloids
« Reply #444 on: December 18, 2016, 08:34:42 AM »
@PJHP1243
I’m so glad that you approve of Yuki. I’m hoping she’ll contribute her lovely looks to the Gen8 daughters.
Ahhh yes, Hinata. One of my favorite female anime characters, hehe.

@FrancescaFiori
    Naming is always hard and I’m being stubborn about staying with Japanese names so I try for schemes that won’t over-burden the viewers. You’ll see what I mean when all three girls have arrived.
    Yes, Jin smolders quite frequently, Yuki is constantly and atypically flirty, and Conan is always upbeat and lovable.

@Joria
     I also felt bad about moving Yuta out (sorry @NexttoNormal), but wanted the extra spot. Since Tami and Ze drank Potions of Youth and are still young adults, I can’t let those two go yet. Also, Yuta spent so much time on Bestselling Author, he can only mentor Logic and Writing! As a mentor, he’s not helpful at all. And I was really shocked that Takumi & Miko died only 2 days after Takumi moved out, though his siblings are still alive.
      Oh, you had the Soulmate problem, too? Oddly, sometimes my sims achieve soulmate status without a hitch and other times, they don’t.

Disclaimer:

After playing up to sim-Thursday afternoon, the Detective career caused my game to get stuck at the World Map. My two latest save files got corrupted, so I thought my legacy was over. 
I re-installed my game without the Mods and Tray folders, and was finally able to load a third save file. (Then I added my Mods and Tray folders back in, no problemo.)

Replacing cc on the household sims took time but wasn’t so bad. What’s worse is that former household members are now walking around bald and half-dressed. If you see fewer shots of former household sims, that’s the reason. Sorry!

Consequences:
•   Since I lost my save file, I had to replay Tuesday from the morning. (Some screenshots are recycled...)
•   This legacy will be skipping the Detective career, so career-related points will be adjusted accordingly.

7.69  The Mori Legacy: In Homage to Vocaloids

Week 35/Tuesday

Conan: I really had my heart set on the Detective career, but it almost destroyed the Mori Legacy!
I phone in to switch to the Politician career instead, choosing to promote the Speak for the Trees cause. Work begins tomorrow.

Ze: I’ve stayed in Public Relations to see if my career’s Represent feature really “Can help promote the Career of anyone met.”
Jin: Please represent me, Dad! I work longer hours than Conan will.
Ze: Let’s both monitor the progress of your job performance to see if the Represent feature is worthwhile.

Conan: Right! Painting’s so much easier without those long sleeves. And thanks for mentoring, Mama.
Tami: Did you hear the news about Yuta and his girlfriend, Mallory Damico?
Conan: She gave birth to a little girl yesterday, didn’t she? Her name’s Lilliana.
Tami: Yes, but that’s not all. Mallory aged up to an elder that same evening. What timing!

Tami: Oh yes, Hinata. Your slightly green skintone is definitely a first in the Mori Legacy. It must be your mother’s contribution to our gene pool.
Hinata: When I grow up, Grandma, you will kneel in supplication to my mysterious power and incredible beauty.
Tami: Yeah, yeah, Hinata. I’ll be waiting for you to impress me when you age up Thursday afternoon.
Hinata: Pffft!

Jin: I bring home a Level 6 promotion but I don’t feel the least bit tired.
Yuki: Hey there, hot stuff. Would you like to go on a date with me before my husband gets home from work?
Jin: Very funny. But we better hurry. I hear you husband is rather possessive and unbelievably strong.
Yuki: Oooh, I like you when you wear your secret agent suit, Jin!  Rawwrrr.

Yuki: I do believe this will be your final gold-medal date for Soulmate. Let me kiss you passionately, lover boy.
Jin: Gah, I feel like I’m being objectified. Are you objectifying me, dearest?
Do you love me for my brilliant mind and sparkling personality, or for the perky red heart on my pink briefs?
Yuki: You’re asking me to choose?
Jin: Surely you jest, darling, about having the Unflirty trait!
Yuki: As long as you and I are all alone, my Unflirty trait doesn’t trigger at all except I still have those weird unflirty socials.

Yuki: And as we achieve our third gold-medal date…
Jin: I complete Soulmate, at last! But I’d be more than happy to accompany you when you do Soulmate later.
Yuki: If only we could have twin girls!

Hinata: Tonight, I make my first good friend—it’s Grandpa Ze.
My future siblings can have Mama and Papa, cuz I’m claiming Grandpa Ze for my own. He’s miiiinnnne!
Not only does he have a very sexy beauty mark below his right eye, but he also holds me very gently and he always smells nice.

Wednesday

Jin: I’m not sure what’s going on with Mama lately. Today’s not the first time that she’s stopped giving a massage before she’s finished. What a pain!
There’s no time to restart the massage before work, so today I quickly take a bath soak instead.
She did the same thing to Conan earlier this morning, but there’s no bath soak to boost Confident mood.

Conan: No thanks to Mama but thanks to two unnamed cowplants, I bring home a Level 5 promotion.
I choose the Charity Organizer branch of the Politician career so my main task involves collecting donations.
Would it be a good idea to hit up the relatives first? Do household members also count?

Also I hate being forced to wear contact lenses to work, since my work outfit won’t allow me to wear glasses.
I think my glasses give me a more mature and intelligent look, don’t you agree?
And where do they dig up these frumpy suits?  Sheesh!

Conan: I need $50 in donations for my next promotion. Nope, no “Collect donation ($25)” option with household members.
Ranma: No worries, Conan. I'm happy to give you your first $25 donation.
Conan: Sorry about your hair, Great-Uncle Conan. But Dad’s still at work, so no closet for you!

Conan: I resist inviting over my brother Yuta to ask for a donation.
At higher career levels, I’ll need more donors giving bigger donations, so I need new friends.
My second donation comes from Masato Murakami, a detective and former high school classmate. Thanks!
He’s an Outgoing, Goofball Art Lover and not bad-looking. Too bad he’s too old for my niece(s).

Conan: Thanks again for the donation today, Great-Uncle Ranma! I’ve missed you!
Ranma: Don’t mention it! The $25 donation was a small price for getting my hair back!

W: So, how are you two doing? Hanging in there, okay?
Yuki: I just need to finish my “Achieve Level 8 in 6 skills” goal. So far, I’m L8 in Logic and Handiness, L7 in Painting, and L5 in Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, and Violin.

Tami: I’m basically mentoring Yuki all day, every day. Hurry and finish, you slowpoke!
Watchette won’t include shots of us in her updates when we do the same boring thing all the time.

Thursday

Hinata: Heyo, I age up in the afternoon but can’t plan my outfits until Papa gets home or you-know-what happens!
Here I am over by the glowfruit trees. Great-Great-Uncle Ranma lives in the house behind me, with his three daughters.

Hinata: What? You want to see a close-up? Well, okay.
Oh and I forgot to tell you! I’m Neat with the Artistic Prodigy aspiration. No ninja training for me, sadly.

Friday

Hinata: Oh, oh, oh! I leave for my first day of school in a half hour. Time to drink a Focused potion.
Tami: *discusses Cognitive Focusing Methods
Hinata: I’m feeling skeptical about the efficacy of this potion.
If I want to bring home a B grade today, shouldn’t I be drinking an Essence instead?

Yuki: The exact moment I cook the meal that lets me complete Renaissance Sim at last, I go into labor.
I’m sure it won’t make any difference but I pause to insta-complete Fab Wealthy and Mansion Baron.
Then, I buy the Fertile trait before waddling over to the two bassinets. (Optimism!)

Jin is off work today so we enjoy the benefits of his expectedly unhelpful pre-natal panic.

Yuki: Hello and welcome to the simverse, Miku. Nice to meet you. I’m your Mommy. Well, gotta run, little one. Chat later!
Miku: Wuuuuttt!?!?

Tami: Sorry about that, baby girl. Your parents have dashed downstairs to try for another baby.
It’s like this: you are the second child and your parents want to have three children.
I’m your Grandma Tami, your mother’s mother. Behind me, you can see Grandpa Ze teaching your older sister Hinata to play the violin. Any questions?
Miku: Um…got milk?

Tami: Ah, there you go! I get a tingly sense that your mother is already Eating for Two!

Yuki: Okay, now that we’re settled, let me tell you about Miku’s name.
In a nutshell, Hatsune Miku is the name of an android diva designed by Crypton Future Media, bundled with Yamaha’s voice synthesis software.
Each synthesized voice corresponds to a unique vocaloid, with Miku (her family name is Hatsune) being the first one released in 2007.
She’s not Japan’s first virtual idol (cf. Kyoko Date, 1996), but she’s the first to gain widespread popularity.
It’s hard to describe Miku in a single paragraph so please google if you want to know more!

Author’s Note

For the eighth generation, I am simply naming the three daughters after virtual characters with distinctly different looks—Hinata (a blue-haired ninja from  the manga Naruto), Miku (a vocaloid with long turquoise pigtails), and Rukia (a black-haired soul reaper from the manga Bleach).

I will be using the same hair colors and possibly their color themes for clothing, but I have no intention of attempting to recreate how they look in their original media.
Just wanted to say this up front in case anyone's getting their hopes up, hehe.

Other news:
-In three days (Monday) two days (Sunday), Miku ages up to a child.
-In three days (Monday), Ruki the third child is born then ages up three days later on Thursday.

Thanks for reading!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: In Homage to Vocaloids (12/18)
« Reply #445 on: December 18, 2016, 11:09:02 AM »
Oh, my goodness! I can't believe the Detective career almost tanked the whole legacy! Terrifying! I'm glad Conan has found a safer career and that everyone's hair is getting back to normal. That must have been a very tense time for poor Watchette!
Hinata aged up very cute, indeed, and mercifully un-green. I love her skeptical face!
Poor Miku forced to get her milk from grandma so Mom can go and make more babies. :)
I love all the names!
I'm glad Tami and Ze will be sticking around for awhile. I'm not ready to let them go, either. I think they are my favorite couple of this legacy, though Jin and Yuki are pretty cute, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JonMom2009

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #446 on: December 18, 2016, 03:26:40 PM »
It has been very busy at work and Friday I left my phone at home (where I check Tapatalk hourly for anybodies updates). I had three updates on your story alone to read. I love the color scheme and naming method and the way you narrate to make this enjoyable.

I have tried and failed my second attempt of the new Townie Dynasty. My Gen 1 heir burst into flames at the DJ Mixing booth 3 points from hand off to Gen 2. All that to say that you are doing very well and have given me tips for my gameplay overall!

Can't wait to watch the girls grow up!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #447 on: December 18, 2016, 07:35:27 PM »
So lucky and talented to be able to save from the stupid Detective career!  That would really have been heartbreaking.  You cracked me up with "Ummm....got milk?"  Love Hinata.  So cute.  Looking forward to how you do the hair for Miku.  She is a favorite cosplay character.  There is usually three or four at every convention.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #448 on: December 19, 2016, 07:32:11 AM »
Just found a moment (between the craziness that is finals and a weekend family vacation) to catch up...and I missed a lot!
While I was sad that Conan didn't win out (and have beautiful babies with Kyra), I must say Hinata is just lovely!  I'm not saying she's already the favorite given that her sisters are a baby and not-yet-born respectively, but if they're all that adorable, you're going to have another super close vote on your hands  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Rock n' Roll n' Rukia
« Reply #449 on: December 19, 2016, 09:43:05 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
Thanks for commiserating on the horrors of almost losing my legacy. My game always get so uncooperative after half a dozen generations or so.
I appreciate your constant presence on the Mori’s journey into the silly and ridiculous (oh, and hawt genes...)

@JonMom2009
Thanks for your kind words! Oh, I’m so very sorry to hear about your second dynasty attempt. I didn’t realize a sim could catch on fire at the DJ booth. You are so courageous to play the Ten Gen Dynasty as your first storytelling adventure. I find that challenge quite daunting and will probably practice first with some shorter, easier challenge before attempting it.

@Joria
Grrrr, the detective career! I was reading the “map reloading” thread on EA Answer HQ and saw that crinrict wrote to exit without saving because the error spreads to other saves. But that was after I’d already saved.
Of course, you would be familiar with Hatsune Miku, thanks to your cos-playing grand-daughter! I couldn’t find the exact hair (it’s shorter) but it’s the right color and pigtails.

@PeregrineTook
You have finals? What is your major? Hope you and your family had a great vacation!
You’ll have to wait and see how the girls turn out. As children, they’re all quite lurvely, each in their own way.
But as you know so well, a lot can change when children transition to teenagers.

7.70  The Mori Legacy: Rock n’ Roll n’ Rukia

Week 35/Friday

Conan: I get promoted to Level 6 Fundraising Specialist, but there’s no time to rest on my laurels.
I’ve earned the Collection donation ($100) social but also need to collect $500 for my next promotion.
As you can see, besides Masato, I caved and invited brother Yuta while also inviting someone new.

Incidentally, we all tired of Yuta hanging around yesterday half-dressed and bald, so Mama restored his hair and wardrobe. (he's second from the left)

Conan: This is Artharv Trivedi, whom I befriended in grade school for my Social Butterfly aspiration.
Artharv: Don’t forget to mention that I’m the younger brother of Kyra, who died here from unknown circumstances.
Conan: Dude, go ahead and help yourself to clam chowder from the fridge! *collects $25 then $100 in donations
Artharv: Thanks for the grub, bro. It’s so cool that we’re friends again!
Conan: Yeah, you’ll have to come over again soon! (Nice, I have $450 in donations and the weekend off.)

After a few hours, I receive another $100 donation from my new buddy Arthav. I need more friends!

Conan: You may have heard that, in “another life,” I worked 3 days at the Police Station as a detective.
I met lots of co-workers there as well as the (Level 10) Chief of Police, the young adult Shaurya Joyson.
In “this life,” I recently ran into him around town, and briefly considered asking him to move in as my Cadet Spouse.
Just to, you know, complete the Detective career before Jin’s last daughter was conceived.
But nah, Detective’s been excluded from the legacy’s career requirements and we’re also done with death types.
He’s not bad-looking despite his pear-shaped bod. Hmmmm, too bad he’ll be too old for Jin’s daughters.

Ze: My age bar is bubbling but Watchette won’t let me cake up.
Tami: It’s because she wants to postpone your adult birthday as long as possible, love.
Ze: When I have the Sad moodlet after everyone forgets my birthday, I’ll just drink a moodlet solver, I guess. *shrugs
W: *secretly considers giving him and Tami a second Potion of Youth before they move out…
Oh right, although they can’t contribute anymore to the legacy’s score, their staying young would allow them to serve as mentors longer. So, no dice.
So, I’ll just have to watch them grow old. *grabs several boxes of tissues

Saturday

Hinata: It’s 9:30 am on a Saturday morning and my birthday was two days ago.
I’m wondering why I’m skilling so slowly, then realize that everybody forgot to add me to the Legacy Club.
W: Really sorry about that! You should level quicker now with the childhood skill boosts! *feels ashamed
Hinata: No worries, Watchette. I’ll think of some way you can make it up to me. (Mwahahaha…)

Miku: Remember me? I’m the second daughter. Can you keep a secret?
Just between you and me, I plan to steal Grandpa Ze away from my older sister Hinata.
Grandpa’s way too good for her and her tired blue hair. Guuuurl, just you wait until I have my hair…snap!

W: What’s with your daughters' unhealthy obsession with Ze?
Tami: I imagine they must get that from you? *blinks eyes innocently

Week 36/Sunday

Yuki: Jin works from 2 pm today so we all visit the Willow Creek Art Museum for a few hours in the morning.
For Painter Extraordinaire, I need to view three paintings.

Hinata: I’m almost done with Rambunctious Scamp, so I switch to Social Butterfly and meet new sims.
Behind the museum, I meet my cousin Lillian Damico. What does she think she’s wearing?
You know, I don’t mean to brag but check out my tastefully color-coordinated outfit.

Hinata: Next, look at Lilliana. I’d like to invite her over and introduce her to our closet. After all, she’s so pretty! But her outfit... *shudders

Hinata: When we get home, I notice that Social Butterfly requires me to have a BFF.
That would have to be none other than Grandpa Ze, natch.  Who else could it possibly be?
Yes, I know, I know. Our photo is really off-balance! 
Everyone else is jealously photo-bombing us so this is the only angle that works.

Yuki: We seem to have miscalculated Miku’s birthday, and she ages up soon after Jin leaves for work.
Of course, this timing means she’s stuck with her default look until Papa comes home at 10 pm.
Miku: Oh no, I’m dying of shame here! Mama says Hinata also aged up with this horrid brownish-red hair color.
Hinata: For now, she’s only willing to show you the back of her head, haha.
Miku: I’m playing chess with Hinata because I’m an Outgoing Whiz Kid. *sighs

Jin: A new suit and new responsibilities. With my L8 promotion, I assume the title of Spy Captain. Only two more promotions to go…

Ze: Before anyone reaches a dresser to plan Miku’s wardrobe, we suddenly hear that eerie music.
Conan: Look, there goes Mama! I never realized we could get abducted from our inner courtyard!
Jin: Me, neither. I’d always assumed that we need to run to the outside of the house.
Ze: Well, Tami’s safe since the Pollinator Technician isn’t interested in female sims. And we guys are safe for now, too, because the household is full.

Tami: *returns in a daze after having been Zapped & Jolted

Miku: Fiiinallly, Papa’s home and Grandma’s back, so I can plan outfits and change my hair!
Yuki: Do you think we’ve gone overboard with the turquoise tones to match your hair?
Miku: I don’t think one can ever wear too much turquoise.
Yuki: I would have preferred to mix it with greys and white, but I’m not going on another cc hunt.
Miku: My hair is so awesome, Mama, that it mostly overshadows what I wear… Here’s my everyday outfit.

W: In fact, Miku is not as pretty as Hinata, but she totally rocks that turquoise hair. Below is her party outfit.

When we get closer to the Gen8 Heir vote, I’ll do a collage showing the girls without makeup and with the same hair so we can distinguish the natural from the cosmetic.

Jin: I complete my daily task for Diamond Agent by romancing my gorgeous wife. Such a hardship!
Miku: Papa, are you free now? Will you read to me?
Jin: Oh yes, we can read together for your Whiz Kid and my Big Happy Family aspirations. I pick the children’s book Mori Style, authored by your grandpa Ze.

Miku: I hate to spoil everyone’s immersion, Papa, but I notice that your counter is bugged.
After you read to me for an hour, the counter says: “Read to a child for 2 total hours   -88/2.”
Jin: *reads to Miku for one more hour then uses the aspirations.complete cheat
W: The glitches seem to be accumulating…just let me play for two more generations, please!

Monday

Tami: Watchette, would you mind taking one last screenshot of me in the garden while I’m still a young adult? I age up to an adult this afternoon.
Ze:  Always the loveliest flower in the garden!

Yuki: I go into labor for the last time around 3 pm. I feel like I’ve been constantly pregnant for weeks.
Jin: Actually, you have been. C’mon, girl, you can do it. One final round of your adorable in-labor pouts.

Tami: Oh! Ze and I just completed our Big Happy Family aspiration! That must mean…

Yuki: Meet our third and last daughter, Rukia Mori.

Rukia: I explode into the simverse with a burst of dazzling sparkles,  a testimony to how special I am and always will be.
Yuki: And modest, too, Rukia. You mustn’t forget how modest you are…

Tami: Rukia is named after Rukia Kuchiki, initially Lieutenant of Division 13 in the Soul Society’s Imperial Guard. The Soul Society is a spirit world which is home to soul reapers and pre-reincarnated souls.

A soul reaper with supernatural powers who slays evil spirits, Rukia meets Ichigo Kurosaki while visiting the Human World. She becomes friends with Ichigo, who is the protagonist of the long-running manga Bleach.
Phew, that’s a long explanation.

TL;DR: Rukia is a loner; she’s a very short soul reaper and a fierce, determined fighter. She’s obsessed with rabbits and rabbit-related themes. And she has purple eyes.

The collage shows her in her Soul Reaper uniform (left), with Ichigo Kurosaki (center), and her transformed self when using her special sword power (right).
The circular inset show Rukia in schoolgirl disguise while visiting the Human World.

Rukia: I age up to a child several days from now so you’ll want to come back to see me in all my glory, right? Right!?