Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132030 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: The Mori Household Downsizes
« Reply #480 on: December 30, 2016, 07:53:10 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Lol, crisis averted? If you change your mind about who you’d like to see stay in the Mori Household supporting your beloved Hinata, please chime in!

@FrancescaFiori
I’m really glad you enjoyed the Wild West version of The Dancers. Because of Ze’s skintone, all his kids are pretty pale and all the good cowboy stuff was for The Sims 3. I guess I could have timed the chapter earlier and dressed them up as Santas or reindeer, but trashy cowboys are probably more my style.

@HelenP
The Dancers thank you profusely for attending their latest show, lol.

@NexttoNormal
Thanks for choosing both an Heir and a Cadet.
I’m glad to hear that you were diagnosed as not having conjunctivitis (from a different thread). I’m sorry to hear that you suffer chronic pain and hope that the prescribed painkillers help.

@Caterina
Very hilarious of you to cast your vote for The Dancers. But which one?
Thanks for stopping by to vote!

@PJHP1243
I love that you dropped by to cast a vote, so there’s no need to apologize for not commenting. Commenters as well as silent readers, I’m grateful to everyone!

7.76  The Mori Legacy:  The Mori Household Downsizes

Week 38/Tuesday

Tami: First, let’s go back in time a bit to soon after Rukia aged up but before we all left for Pan Europa.
Do you notice that Rukia looks singed?
Ze: This also happened to Jin and Miku. After ageing up, they came back singed from planning outfits.

W: I just checked EA Answers HQ and apparently I need to “Repair game.” I’ll see if that works.

Ze: To stave off the boredom, the boys and I have been working on the Computer Whiz aspiration lately.
Because Conan maxed his career yesterday, we all join the Tech Guru career this afternoon.
Jin: Then, all three of us managed to successfully negotiate a bonus.  Huzzah!

Ze: Rukia, I’ve placed three rows of 15 seeds each for you to plant: elderberry, chamomile, and muckleberry.
Rukia: Why those three types of seeds?
Ze: They’re among the fastest growers plus we have lots on hand.
Rukia: Um, how do I prevent the gardener from messing with my plants? Fencing?
Ze: Good question! Let’s cancel the gardening service until you’re nearly done with Freelance Botanist.
Conan: I’ll take care of that, Papa.

Rukia: Is there anything else I should know for today about gardening?
Ze: No, I only want to discuss cognitive techniques with you. Also, don’t forget we’re going clubbing tonight at 8.
Rukia: Thanks, Grandpa! I’ll try to plant as many as possible before then.

Wednesday

Jin: I can’t believe we let Papa talk us into joining the Tech Guru career, then he leaves for work without us.
Conan: Exactly! It would have been nice if the three of us could have left for work together.
Jin: By the way, what did you think of our cowboy outfits last night?
Conan (groans): They have to be the worst costumes The Dancers have worn so far. Still, it was pretty funny.

Conan: Hey, what’s going on with our other special project?
Jin: That one’s still a secret, bro.

Jin: What’s the gardener doing here? I thought you dismissed him so he wouldn’t get in Rukia’s way.
Conan: I could have sworn I canceled our gardening service last night. I’ll have Mama get rid of him. Right now, we need to get to work.

Rukia: Grandma, thanks for writing me an excuse note this morning, so I could skip my first day of high school.
The thought of all these plants that need watering really bothers me.
Tami: No worries, Rukia. Looks like you’ve got your work cut out for you. Why’s that chair in the corner?

Rukia: Oh, that chair? It keeps me from walking back into the house whenever I drink a Focused potion.
Watchette’s such a slave-driver, you know? But I’ll need a wastebasket, too, or I’ll walk back to wash my glass.

Miku: Today, I invite Jayden Whitehead home after school. I think he might be one of those living statues. Sometimes he appears in my relationship panel in gold paint.
Hinata: One of those immortal weirdos, eh? Does that mean if we invited him to move in, he’d never die? And would he always be a teenager? Ewww, creepy!
Tami: A living statue would be fatal for an immortal dynasty! *shudders

Jin: Well, that was really too easy! We earn our Level 5 promotion on our first day of work. *phones to quit job
Conan: Hey, I’m not complaining. Now we only need to complete the 100 Hours on the Computer goal. *phones to quit job
Ze: Why don’t we get to wear cool career uniforms? *phones to quit job

Hinata: I don’t mind having to eat this atrocious Protein Plate, if you say so, Papa. But why?
Jin: You’ve already maxed Fitness but you need to maximize your body potential to earn the Long-Lived trait.
Finish up the Protein Plate then go do an epic workout on the weightlifting machine.
Hinata: If I get really muscular thighs, Papa, I will hate you forever!

Ze: Wow, I take it you missed me while I was at work today?
Tami: Yes, darling, I missed you so much while stuck at home mentoring Yuki in her last mentor-able skill.
Ze: Did you see how she glared at you when you invited me into the closet? Pffft, unflirty sims be like PDA Police!
Tami: Hey, focus on me, please! I’m trying to entice you into this closet filled with smelly sneakers.

Tami: Whew, Ze, I can’t believe how energetic you are! The Dancers must recharge your batteries.
Ze: Sweetheart, my elder birthday comes up in two days. I’m thinking of moving out tomorrow. Will you come with me?
Tami: Of course, I’d follow you anywhere and everywhere you go, my beloved Ze. We belong together.

Ze: You know, Grim actually miscalculated Ranma’s age. At 17 weeks and 2 days, Ranma lived for 121 days.
That’s 23 days past his second notice—three extra weeks! I’m hoping that moving out before my elder birthday will give us more time.
Tami: Yes, let’s think together about where we want to live! I’m really going to miss living with all these kids, though.
The PDA Policewoman, not so much. Um, can you walk, darling?

Thursday

Jin: Awww, Dad, I wish you and Mama didn’t have to move out today!
Ze: Same here, but we’re hoping to be around longer this way.
Conan: Well, it’s only appropriate that we spend our last morning together playing video games.
Jin: And don’t think we won’t be inviting you over, like, all the time!
Ze: Tami and I are counting on that! And don’t either of you even try beating my high score after I move out!
JIn and Conan (in unison):Hhehehe…

Miku: Grandpa, all my Musical Genius aspiration requires is that I mentor a sim for 3 hours.
But our entire family has already maxed Piano and Violin, so I’m stuck. What should I do?
Ze:  You have two options. One, you can click on the violin or piano, then “Hire staff” for $100.
Two, you can create a club, invite a sim to join, then set the club activity to play violin.

Miku: You’re a genius, Grandpa! I invite Asa Crabtree into my new club and start a club gathering. After he arrives, he immediately picks up a violin.
Ze: Nice! In a few more hours, you’ll be done with Musical Genius. Hang in there, sweetie.

Ze: So much has happened since you found me lying wounded in the park, Tami. I’m so lucky you found me.
Tami: It’s been a great life so far, eh? And we have three handsome sons and three gorgeous grand-daughters!

Tami: It’s so hard to leave but we’re just moving to the Munch Haus.
Ze: So why are we waiting for a taxi? The Munch Haus is just a hop, skip, and jump up that hill.
Tami: You don’t expect me to drag these heavy suitcases all the way to our new home, do you?

Tami: Isn’t that Carlos Mori?
Yuki: Who’s Carlos Mori?
Tami: He’s the redheaded twin brother of Naoki Mori, the Gen3 Heir who had all the kids. What’s he doing here?
Miku: Oops, I clicked on a violin to hire a violinist as Grandpa Ze had suggested, but every available violinist was a ghostly Mori descendant.
And um, I might have clicked on Carlos Mori by mistake.

Tami: Oooh, that’s a swift way to get a family ghost in the house on demand, without having to deal with gravestones!

Hinata: After a second epic workout session, it happens! I maximize my body potential, complete Bodybuilder, and earn the Long-Lived trait.
Jin: Excellent work! You were so lucky to roll Mansion Baron, Hinata! You’ve sped through multiple aspirations.
Hinata: Yes, I’m really grateful. It’s allowed me to purchase lots of useful reward traits.

Rukia: Okay, I’ve reached Level 5 Gardening on Tier III of Freelance Botanist. Once I get serious about grafting, I’m going to slay this aspiration, fo’ shizzle!

Miku: Although my sisters are hard at work and grinding, I’d rather spend my time getting to know you better, Asa. We've been good friends since grade school.
Asa: Thanks. I hadn’t realized our friendship bars were completely full. And now we’re BFFs!
Miku: Have I already told you that you’re looking mighty fine?
Asa: Um, thanks for getting me a closet makeover, Miku. I appreciate it.

Miku: So, are you a not-in-the-world sim, Asa? (to herself): I’ve looked at the voting. I'm pretty sure I won’t be chosen as the Gen8 Heir or Cadet.
Asa: No, in fact, I live with my parents in a house located in Newcrest. You should come over sometime.

Miku: Asa, I’m so glad you agree to spend the night!
Asa: Well, we did share a first kiss earlier yet still have so much to learn about each other, you know?
Miku: I hope you don’t think I’m being too forward, Asa, but would you want to go steady?
Asa: Awww, Miku, I thought you’d never ask. I’ve wanted to ask you but I’m just a random townie so I couldn’t.
Miku: So, that’s a yes? *squees
W: Hands-down the cutest facial expression that Miku has made so far.

Friday

Rukia: It’s great heading out for school together again, right? Wow, Miku, you’re cheerful this morning.
Miku: …
Hinata: Hey, why is Asa Crabtree standing on our porch this early in the morning?! Miku, you didn’t!
Miku: Of course not…well, maybe…um, yes? Asa and I are going steady now. *grins
Rukia: Don’t you think that’s pretty thoughtless of you, Miku? The Gen8 Heir vote is still going on.
Miku: Uh, no! Asa has the Active trait, which isn’t a legacy-unique trait, so I believe Asa is fair game.

Asa: How could Miku not expect that I’ve read all about the Mori Gen8 Heir Vote on the forum? I know exactly what her situation is and what's on her mind about the future.
You know, she's never even realized that I’ve had a crush on her since grade school.

W: So, Asa, you harbor long-term intentions for your relationship with MIku?
Asa: I’ll say. I’m hoping to marry her and have her move into our house in Newcrest.

I realize that space in the Mori household is at a premium, but I’m hoping that Miku can stay here until she’s married and pregnant.
W: You talk as if the vote’s already over and done with.
Asa: For Hinata and Rukia, not yet. But for Miku, probably yes.

W: What are you up to out here all alone?
Hinata: I’m fishing so I’ve obviously started the Angling Ace aspiration. Part of me wants to start Bestselling Author aspiration.
But since the Gen8 Heir hasn't been decided, though, I think that would be tempting fate. I don’t want to jinx myself.

W: Well, a fan of yours previously remarked that there are fewer shots of you than the others.
That’s why we’re concluding this chapter with you in the moonlight.

Current Status of the Gen8 Heir Vote

Hinata:  3 votes for Heir, 1 vote for Cadet
Miku:     0 votes for Heir, 0 vote for Cadet, 4 indirect votes for Sim-to-Be-Moved-Out
Rukia:    2 votes for Heir, 2 votes for Cadet

Scoring: 2 points for an Heir vote and 1 point for a Cadet point. Current score: Hinata/7, Rukia/6, and Miku/0.

NOTE: One voter only specified “not-Miku.”

Current Age of the Mori Household

Jin       :  11 days to adult birthday
Conan  :  15 days to adult birthday
Yuki     :  1 day to adult birthday (will drink a Potion of Youth and restart her young adult phase)
Hinata  :  4 days to young adult birthday
Miku    :   7 days to young adult birthday
Rukia   :  10 days to young adult birthday

Thanks for reading!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Mori Legacy: The Mori Household Downsizes (12/30)
« Reply #481 on: December 30, 2016, 08:37:49 PM »
Definitely still voting Hinata for heir.  no question.  However, just to show her some love, I'm casting my cadet vote for Miku.  Teal hair is awesome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JonMom2009

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #482 on: December 30, 2016, 09:17:17 PM »
Ok. Just caught up! Been out for Holidays and Inventory at work! Great story!!

I vote Ruki and Hinata as cadet!!!

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #483 on: December 30, 2016, 10:23:19 PM »
Still going with Rukia for heir, Hinata has definitely grown on me though so I'd be very happy to see her as the heir too. Poor Miku, I'm sorry you aren't very popular :(

And thank you for the concerns over my health, everything should be fine hopefully. If you ever just want to chat about it or anything else don't hesitate to message me.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #484 on: December 31, 2016, 01:36:52 AM »
Oh, I think Miku was saving up all her cuteness for that particular facial expression. That was adorable! Anyway, even if she doesn't stay in the house, I'm glad to see her nicely settled. Asa seems like a great guy, and I hope he and Miku have lots of lovely children with brightly-colored hair!

My heart aches a bit to say goodbye to Tami and Ze, but hopefully they'll stay close and come back for many mentoring sessions. Glad to see they are still as in love as ever.

Glad to see more lovely shots of the lovely Hinata this chapter. Go, girl, go! I'm also glad to see Rukia coming along nicely in her aspiration, and I'm taking careful notes about your gardening strategy.

I loved the cowboy outfits so much. I actually saw a sexy Santa coat while cruising for cc one day and nearly sent you a link before I realized it was for Sims 3. :) I'm very very curious about this other secret project you're hinting around about. I will be on the edge of my seat!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #485 on: December 31, 2016, 10:15:49 AM »
After much deliberation and studing of the pictures, I think I'm going Rukia for heir and Hinata as cadet, but it's a close call and I'd be perfectly happy if the vote ends up the other way.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Gardening Geeks
« Reply #486 on: January 01, 2017, 01:50:44 AM »
@PeregrineTook and @HelenP
Thanks to you both for filling out your votes!  ;D

@JonMom2009
Glad to have you back! And thank you for voting!

@NexttoNormal
I hope that you will enjoy a new year full of good health and Miyazaki Hayao! And yes, I'll be PMing you.

@FrancescaFiori
When Miku invited Asa over because she needed to mentor someone, I was surprised that they had full friendship bars. And after a trip to the closet, he looked quite nice.
I'd like Miku to be pregnant when she leaves the Mori house..
I also felt really about moving Ze and Tami out--I got so attached to this couple, no doubt because their relationship actually had a backstory and developed over time, lol.
When I took Ze to a closet to recolor his hair, I got a little carried away. Don't judge me!
I'm so glad that you liked the cowboys. The Dancers are such a silly gag, but they really make me laugh and I enjoy coming up with new things for them to do.

Current Status of the Gen8 Heir Vote

I’ve tallied scores by giving 2 points for each Heir vote and 1 point for each Cadet vote.
Rukia has a one-point lead (10 points) over Hinata (9 points).

Hinata:  3 votes for Heir, 3 votes for Cadet
Miku:     0 votes for Heir, 2 vote for Cadet, 6 indirect votes for Sim-to-Be-Moved-Out
Rukia:    4 votes for Heir, 2 votes for Cadet

Although I realize this is the worst timing to hold an heir vote, I'll be closing the vote tomorrow night (Jan 1), so I can move ahead with the challenge.

7.77  The Mori Legacy:  The Gardening Geeks

Week 38/Friday

Hinata: Although I start leaving for school with my sisters this morning, I realize that I needn’t go anymore.
Since my young adult birthday’s in four days on Tuesday, I just take a vacation day instead.
My teen years seem to be slipping by so quickly!
Maybe I’ll start the Bestselling Author aspiration today. I’m pretty certain of staying in the legacy house.

Grim Reaper: Well, hello, Miss Hinata. Are the fish biting this morning?
Hinata: I’ve been lucky and made two great catches in the last two hours.
GR: That’s really great! By the way, I see that you’ve recently earned the Long-Lived trait. Good for you!
Hinata: How did you learn that? Did Papa tell you?
GR: Erm, no. I can tell from looking at your legs. And no, I wasn’t staring—just a quick glance…

Hinata: My legs are so muscular they are announcing: “I’ve maxed my body potential”? I’m going to strangle Papa.
GR:  Don’t be so hard on your father, Hinata. He’s only thinking about what’s good for you.
Although maybe getting that trait’s just become an irrelevant custom for your family.

The Mori Legacy’s challenge ends when your grand-daughter is born, correct?
Hinata (internally, ignoring GR): Maybe I’ll switch to slacks instead of a skirt, or maybe have Watchette cheat my buffness away…

Hinata: Before I forget, my sister Rukia asked me for a favor if I ran into you before she did.
GR: Yes?
Hinata: She’d like to know where you acquired the reaper bunny that hangs on a chain from your waist.
GR: I’m afraid I can tell you—secrets of the trade and all. Anyway, only the Grim Reaper can own this.
Hinata: Awww, that’s too bad. Rukia will be heart-broken when I tell her. Have you ever seen her room?

GR: I have a question for you. I know there’s a vote going on for the Gen8 Heir these days.
When the new heir comes of age, your family’s not planning another Primary/Secondary Spouse bait-and-switch thingy, are you?
Hinata: I have no idea what you’re talking about. You’d have to consult Papa about our family’s plans.
As for my muscular thighs and me, we are going home to learn the Writing skill.

Hinata: Thanks for mentoring me, Papa. I’ve decided to join the Journalist career whether I’m chosen as heir or not.
Jin: It’s an excellent idea to do this aspiration now, Hinata. Once you start working, you'll get busy writing instead of novels.
Hinata: It’s nice of Mama to switch places with me. This is a nicer place for writing than indoors.

Jin: It’s hard to believe that you’re going to become a young adult next Tuesday, Hinata.
Hinata: To be honest, I’m so relieved that I don’t have to return to high school.
Jin: Oh? I’d always thought you enjoyed high school.
Hinata: I did. But ever since The Dancers' "Save a Horse Revue," my female classmates have been acting crazy.
Do you have any idea how many photos of you are floating around in cyberspace these days?
Jin: Hehe… *slips Hinata $50 to not tell his wife Yuki

Hinata: I come home to find that my cow plant grew up while I was at school. She’s humongous! Awww, you like to be petted, do you?

Hinata: My cowplant is also very playful! But I must, regretfully, store you in our family inventory.
Don’t worry, you won’t be lonely. You can chill out with five of your kin there.
I’m sorry I can’t take care of you, but I’m in a life-or-death struggle for the leadership of the Mori Legacy.

Hinata: After doing my homework, I return to my plants to continue grafting. Now I understand Grandpa Ze’s logic in placing the seeds in three rows.
Instead of grafting a pair of plants to each other, I first take cuttings from a set of three plants then graft them to each other.
Later, I can take cuttings again but graft in the opposite direction.
First day: Elderberry cutting to Chamomile, Chamomile cutting to Muckleberry, and Muckleberry cutting to Elderberry
The next day: Muckleberry cutting to Chamomile, Chamomile cutting to Elderberry, and Elderberry cutting to Muckleberry

Saturday

Hinata: I hope you don’t find all this talk and gardening images too boring.
But I get so excited about figuring out an easier way to level up.

Conan: I agree that grafting is the way to go. I’ve been spraying bugs in the sunken garden and up here, while you’ve been grafting.
And you’ve gone up 2.5 levels while I’m still stuck on Level 9.

Hinata: And, naturally, the second I turn my back, I max Gardening and finish Freelance Botanist.
On the plus side for you, no more discussion or images of gardening.
On the plus side for me, I can proceed to other aspirations and am no longer tied to the house! Wheee!

Miku: While Hinata writes and Rukia gardens, I’ve been learning to paint.
My progress is only moderately fast—Mama wanders off as soon as I’m done with one painting.
As you can see both of us are super excited about our day. *yawns

But not everyone suffers from boredom today…
Rukia: Nope, I did not just successfully ask someone to be my boyfriend.
I’m a geek, remember? I do this little victory dance whenever I find a collectible!

Yuki: Thank you for giving me this Potion of Youth on my birthday, Watchette.
W: Well, thank you for walking all the way to the opposite end of the house to drink it.

Yuki: Sorry, I just had to get away from Hinata for a minute. I’m really struggling not to feel jealous.
Apart from maxing Wellness and Guitar, Hinata has already achieved everything that I have while merely a 10-day-old teen.
And she’s already surpassed me in the Bestselling Author aspiration, because she’s somehow able to write novels faster.

W: Don’t be that way, Yuki. Be proud that you’ve raised such a brilliant daughter.
And anyway, not every sim turns out to be a super sim. Your gift is your heart-breaking beauty.

Jin: Everyone’s been home working hard this past week, so I suggest we go out for a while.
Yuki: We make a brief stop at the gym so that Miku and Rukia can start the Bodybuilder aspiration.

Conan: I introduce myself to the only young adult female I’ve seen for days.
Just my luck that she turns out to be Cayla Bateman, Great-Uncle Ranma’s daughter and so my mother’s cousin.
The game considers her my “acquaintance,” but I know better. Once I hear her family name, I don’t bother to learn her traits.

Jin: Next stop is a yoga class for the girls at the Perfect Balance Spa in Newcrest.
Conan: We invite Papa along and I’m shocked to see he has grey hair, because cc hair doesn’t usually turn grey.
W: I have to resist the urge to immediately place a closet in the spa to change Ze’s hair color.

Rukia: No, that’s not Grandpa Ze giving the death salute.
He showed up a bit late to the yoga class, so he’s waving his arm to protest the lack of vacant yoga mats.
I wonder why Grandma Tami still has pink hair but Grandpa Ze’s hair turned grey?

Yuki: Not everyone in the family is practicing yoga. I invite my cowboy to relax in the sauna.

Conan: I take a quick look around the spa to check the local talent, but resign myself to a foot massage.
And when I check my relationship panel, I see that all the attractive women are related to my family. Sheesh.

Jin: I invite Papa and Mama home with us then immediately take Papa to the closet.
I mean, no big deal over some botox along with a little nip & tuck among family, right?
Conan: Wow, Papa, you must enjoy pride of place as one of Watchette’s absolutely favorite sims! Too bad you can’t get rid of the ole geezer slouch, though.
Ze: She even did a little cosmetic surgery on my suddenly expansive waist and hips. *looks hawt again

Week 39/Sunday

Hinata: Bestselling Author is really a grueling aspiration—so many hours typing away on the computer.
That aspiration is bad for the eyes and bad for the lower back.
I’d say writing novels is great for the pocketbook but we’re so filthy rich now, it hardly matters.

I’ve been really lucky with this aspiration, you know.
In Tier I, I wrote a Good-quality second book, which counted as my first Good Book in Tier II.
Next, my fifth Good Book for Tier II was Excellent quality, so it counted as my first Excellent Book for Tier III.
Does all that make sense? Anyway, these boosts let me to make faster progress with the aspiration.

Jin: Once we all reach a good stopping point in our various activities, we prepare to go out and celebrate the New Year.
Yuki: We can’t prepare traditional Japanese New Year’s foods since our simverse lacks an Asian grocery store.
Jin: We can, however, dine at the Iyashi Restaurant. We phone Mama and Papa to invite them along.

Hinata: It’s so cool to get dressed up like this! Dad and Uncle Conrad look so handsome their kimono and hakama!
But why does Grandma Tami get the ritzy formal brocade kimono while the rest of us girls are in summer cotton kimonos?
W: Some glitch that I couldn’t figure out. *shrugs

Tami: Ze darling, do you remember the doctor who delivered Jin and his twin Yuta for us at the hospital?
Ze: How could I forget? She was wearing her surgeon’s scrubs with a Japanese-style cosplay wig she’d bought online. It looked so wrong!

Tami: When I see Yuki in her kimono with a similar hairstyle, I understand better why I was so upset with that doctor.
That traditional hairstyle looks stunning on you, Yuki darling, in your understated kimono.
Yuki: Thanks, Mama. I’m so glad you like it. *blushes

Rukia: You look like a different person in that indigo-dyed kimono and your updo, Mama.
But, honestly? Your obi sash looks like it was made using "bingata" (Okinawan bingata resist-dyed stenciling) but its colors clash with your kimono.
Yuki: That's uncharacteristically mean of you, Rukia!
Rukia: Sorry, Mama. Watchette put those words in my mouth...

Miku: So what’s happening with the vote, ladies?
Hinata: Well, I was in the lead for a while, then Rukia recently got two votes for Heir and now she’s one point ahead.
Rukia: I wonder when Watchette’s going to close the vote?
Miku: Probably really soon. You know how impatient she is about forging ahead with the challenge.
Hinata: Yeah, I agree. And my young adult birthday is tomorrow, so I bet Watchette closes the vote at midnight then starts the new year by announcing the next heir.

Rukia: Hey, I think the three of us need to go visit the home of Asa Crabtree in Newcrest. Agreed?
Miku: Haha, I'd been wanting to go check it out as well, but didn't want to go by myself. I'd love to make it an outing of the sisterhood!

Best wishes to everyone for a joyful, healthy, and satisfying 2017!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Mori Legacy: Gardening Geeks (2016/12/31)
« Reply #487 on: January 01, 2017, 05:19:11 AM »
Happy New Year!

Yay! I'm in time for the vote ;-D

Miku - pack your bags hunny :-(
Hinata - enjoy life as a cadet :-)
Rukia for the win!!! Rukia! Rukia! Rukia! (starts chanting and hoping someone will join in and not make me look like a prat lol)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #488 on: January 01, 2017, 10:51:27 AM »
My dog is right here with me and he also votes for Hinata.  That counts, right?
Another lovely update and I quite enjoyed the Asian attire for their restaurant outing.  Very nice!
Of course, the lovely chat between Hinata and Grim was also rather delightful.  I think her muscular legs look just fine!

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
« Reply #489 on: January 01, 2017, 05:56:55 PM »
Hope you had a happy new year! ;)

I absolutely love the kimonos all of the Mori women have! They look great! Don't be mean Rukia, I actually think I like Yuki's outfit the best.

Can't wait to see the heir vote results!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: It's Your Move, Miku
« Reply #490 on: January 03, 2017, 04:54:42 PM »
@Magpie2012
Yay, thanks for dropping by to vote!

@PeregrineTook
I’m sorry, but the additional vote for Hinata can’t count because your canine companion didn’t actually post the vote her/himself. Nice try, though.
Hinata was lucky! She maximized her body potential without becoming too bulky.

@NexttoNormal
Thanks for the kind words. When I was looking for kimono cc earlier this year, I found a lot of really nice stuff for Sims 3. These TS4 kimono and yukata cc morph the female sims’ bodies, but the distortion’s not as noticeable when they’re seated, hehe.

The Gen8 Heir Vote is now closed.

7.78  The Mori Legacy:  It's Your Move, Miku

Week 39/Monday

Rukia: Hello, everyone, it’s past midnight and I have an important announcement. Ahem!
Thanks to my supporters, I’ve been chosen the Gen8 Heir. *takes small bow
As you know, I don’t assume leadership of the Mori Legacy until my young adult birthday.
Hinata: Hmmph, she only won by one vote! Anyway, I’ll be staying here as Cadet.
W: Yeah, that was a really close vote!

W: Must be nice to be done with maxing careers, aspirations, and skills, huh?
Jin: Yuki and the girls don’t need any mentoring at the moment.
Ze: Tam and I were just here waiting for the results of the vote!
Tami: And to answer Rukia’s question, my hair’s still pink cuz I’m still an adult! My three sons were born separately, remember?

The next morning…
W: What are you up to, Rukia? Playing a video game before school?
Isn’t that Noctis Lucis Caelum, the protagonist of Final Fantasy XV?

Rukia: Yes, that’s him. As Gen8 Heir, I’ll bring in the Gen9 boys so I’m deciding…

W: Deciding on what?
Rukia: I’ve decided on a set of three boy’s names in the case I marry Noctis.
Now, I’m deciding on another three names in case I don’t manage to marry him.
Hinata: Haha, fat chance!

Miku: Well, things turned out well for you and Rukia, Hinata, but what about me?
Hinata (whispers): What’s going on with Asa? He’s looking very fine post-closet.

Asa: Wow, your grandparents help with homework without you even having to ask!
Miku: Asa, please don’t blow kisses while I’m studying! I’ll be done soon.
Rukia: Hey, Asa, can we go visit your crib after we’re done with homework?
Asa: Naturally, you’re all welcome to come over.

Hinata: Um, Asa, are we standing in front of the right house?
Miku: I never knew you lived in such a fabulous house, Asa!
Asa: Hehe, I needed to ensure you loved me for my irresistible charm and brilliant mind.
This lovely Gallery download is “Bahama Breeze” by Kulthero777.

Miku: This is such a beautiful house. Both its exterior and its interior are amazing!
Hinata: Seriously. And I’ve never noticed before, but the Mori House doesn’t have any curtains, like, at all.

Rukia: Look at the way that Asa always has his eye on you, Miku.
Anyone could tell he’s really crazy about you. His family’s very warm, too.
Hinata: I think you could be really happy here, Miku. You better reel Asa in, girl!

Week 39/Tuesday

W: Who's the cute little policeman with the blond and pink hair?
Jin: Conan told me Sunday that Chief of Police Shaurya Joyson aged up to an elder recently.
So I’ve come to the Police Station to meet the new chief, but Shaurya hasn’t retired yet.

Watchette, why do I have to stand by the Police Station’s sign? Stop being such a tourist!
W: Too bad Detective is so bugged for this legacy. You’d look great in that shirt-and-holster uniform, Jin!

Hinata: Welcome home, Dad. Wow, you sure left work early!
Jin (changes subject): How’s your Bestselling Author aspiration going?
Hinata: Only one more bestseller to write, but I still lack publishing income.
Jin: Excellent progress! By the way, we’re throwing you a birthday party this evening.
Hinata: Really? This household has only thrown one party since Grandma maxed Party Animal…
Jin (whispers): Actually, it’s like this…

Rukia: This is great fun! I hope the family throws me a birthday party, too!

Conan: I finally met someone who’s not my relative—that blonde sim in purple.
Her name’s Ayaka Ikeda and she’s been friends with the girls since grade school.

Stranger: Allow me to introduce myself, young lady. My name’s Shaurya Joynson.
Hinata: A pleasure to meet you, sir. I’m the birthday girl, Hinata Mori.
Shaurya: And I’m the Chief of Police. Hinata, how’d you like to join the police force?
Hinata: Thank you for the kind offer, sir, but I just joined the Writer career.

Shaurya: Why do you repeatedly ask to see my Party outfit, Hinata? You’re looking at it.
Hinata: Oh…
Conan: Duuuuurrrr.

Rukia: A moment of silence to appreciate how adorable Uncle Conan’s party look is!

Hinata: I ask Whatz-his-name to move in, then he becomes my Cadet Spouse and dies?
Jin: Oh darling, the 75-day-old Shaurya was a Level 10 Chief of Police.
Watchette feels infinitely grateful to you for helping this legacy max Detective.
Conan: Yeah, Watchette had given up because of the glitches but couldn’t let it go.

Hinata: And after making this unthinkable sacrifice, what’s in it for me?
Jin: Well, I’ll round up a number of potential spouses for Rukia and you to meet.
You can marry someone else, someone young and handsome, but he can’t move in.
W: And yes, every sim lately gets singed after blowing out the birthday candles.

Wednesday

Hinata: Hey, Mr. Reaper, why are you stalking me this fine morning?
Grim Reaper: Oh puhleeze! I’m just minding my merry business when you sprint past me.
Hinata: Haha, just pulling your leg…oh wait, you don’t have any legs?

GR: So, how’s tricks? You back fishing again? Did you finish Bestselling Author?
Hinata: Almost, I just need to earn a little more publishing income.
GR: What about your career? Why aren’t you working today?
Hinata: I joined the Writer career but don’t start until tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

Miku: I wish my birthday would arrive already but it’s not until Friday.
Rukia: My birthday’s next Monday, but I’ve stopped attending high school, too!

Miku: As soon as I blow out the candles, I’m going to propose and marry Asa!
Rukia: Do you two want a child, Miku? Are you hoping for a daughter or a son?
Miku: Asa and I only hope that our baby will be healthy and adorable and smart.

Jin: Mama aged up to an elder right after last night’s party.
When she and Papa come for dinner today, I recolor her hair after dinner.
W: So, when a sim turns elder, even cc hair turning grey is definitely a thing.

Thursday

Yuki: Jin darling, our oldest daughter leaves for her first day of work this morning.
Jin: Time certainly flies, doesn’t it? One of our babies will be getting married soon, too!
Hinata: I’m so hyped that I get up early enough for both a massage and a yoga routine before work.

Rukia: Wow, Papa, your strategy totally worked!
Jin: Yeah, up to now, we’ve all skilled Fitness to Level 10 then worked on maximizing body potential.
Rukia: But right after I hit L9 Fitness, you had me eat a Protein Plate and switch to an Epic Workout.
Jin: And you simultaneously maxed Fitness, your body potential, and the Bodybuilder aspiration.

Rukia: Let’s try this again with my future sons to check if I was just lucky or not!
W: Conan tried this again with Miku the same day and she also maxed her body potential just as she reached L10 Fitness.

Friday

Miku: When my birthday notice arrives, I invite over Asa who’s already a young adult.
I ask him out on two dates while I work up my courage to propose.
Of course, I’d rather he propose to me, but I don’t have the luxury of time.

Asa: Yes, of course. I’ve wanted to marry you since we were in grade school, Miku.
Miku: Exactly how do you have eyes the same color as my hair, you adorable man!

Miku:  After we marry at the wedding arch at the Mori House, one thing leads to another…
Asa: A pregnancy test confirms the news Miku and I have been waiting for.
Miku: Wow, someone’s certainly being stingy with the “Eating for Two” confetti!
Asa: And that very evening, I help Miku move out to my home in Newcrest.

Saturday

Jin: When Conan and I go to South Square Coffee for a late brunch, we run into a bit of luck.
We make the acquaintance of five young adults who have recently moved to our simverse.
Conan: To be exact, they moved here together and live in a large house in Oasis Springs.

Jin: We meet the first four of the roommates as we stand in line to order. They're the four fellows on the right.
Conan: Each one makes a fine spouse candidate!

Conan: The counter somehow turned filthy at incredible speed.
Two of the fellas seem perturbed by the filth—might they be Neat sims?
The third fella is hamming it up for the camera. He must be Self-Assured and not Neat.

Jin: I notice the fifth fellow is sitting outdoors so I go introduce myself.
I give him the same spiel that I gave his roommates: Join us Sunday at the Shrieking Lllama Bar for Guys' Night. That's tomorrow night!

Conan: Is this AGB (Attention-Getting Behavior)? Is this guy sitting outside alone so that he gets a screenshot by himself?

All five sims are individual Gallery sims who are tagged #legacyloves.
In the next update, Hinata and Rukia will learn all about them…their names, their traits, and their hobbies. And they will make choices.
At that time, I'll also give the Gallery titles of these five sims as well as their creator's names.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: It's Your Move, Miku (2017/01/03)
« Reply #491 on: January 03, 2017, 05:31:33 PM »
First Conan and now Hinata.  I am the ultimate champion of cadets.  Ah well. 
I'm pretty sure Grim agrees with me, though, as he seems to have developed a little crush on Hinata.  I don't see him stalking either of the other girls, after all   ;=)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #492 on: January 03, 2017, 08:46:35 PM »
Congratulations to Rukia and farewell to Miku! Can't wait to see what color hair her no-doubt-adorable kid will have.
Tami is still lovely with grey hair, but she seems so bummed about it that I'm glad you switched her back to pink.
I'd love to play a guessing game about which legacy love will end up being chosen, but I spy some very promising and suspicious hair that tells me one of them is a definite shoe-in. :)
And now I must go back and properly appreciate Conan's party attire. Such a cutie, that guy!

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
« Reply #493 on: January 03, 2017, 10:30:13 PM »
Bye Miku! Best of luck!

And now to see which lucky guy ends up with Rukia!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #494 on: January 04, 2017, 08:19:44 AM »
I really liked this update.  It made me laugh a few times.  I'm still smiling.  I agree with PeregrineTook about Grim potentially having a crush on Hinata.  I need to check out the #Legacyloves on the Gallery.  I need to add a few men to my life (err, game file).