Author Topic: The Legacy of Lore - Molly World  (Read 23570 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Legacy of Lore - Molly World
« on: August 29, 2016, 04:27:31 PM »
Hey all!  I've missed you. Life's been a little crazy over here but like always, the sims have called me back. I hope you enjoy this (latest) attempt at a 10 gen Legacy :)

Legacy Stats, etc.
Rule Summary – I’m following Pinstar’s rules, but am pretty lax on the whole contention of collecting points. I just like the story aspect of doing 10 generations! We’ll see how my computer handles it.
I’ve got MC Commander installed so the town will auto populate with interesting genes and I don’t have to repeatedly go into the gallery to find #LegacyLoves. I think this works out fine as I can’t predict offspring traits and Eugenie is forbidden from marrying anyone famous.
Townies are not off limits to her as I don’t actually know any of their traits or aspirations, so they’re as good as random generations, as far as I’m concerned. Plus it’ll be super fun to trace future spouses back to their origins.

Collections:
Death Types: 1
Food Points: 6
Medal Points: 24= 1 Party Points
Fortune: 4
Love: 2
Maxed Skills: 27
Aspirations Complete: 17
Potions of Youth:

Generation One: Eugenie Lore
Traits: Bookworm, Romantic, Geek
Lore Obsession: Dragon Age
Spouse: Joaquin Le Chien
Spouse Traits: Goofball, Outgoing, Music Lover
Children: Hawke, Carver, Varric
Career(s): Tech Guru/Entrepreneur
Skills(s): Video Gaming (10), Programming (10), Wellness (10)
Aspiration(s): Computer Whiz (Complete)
Memorialized: Yes (Photograph)

Generation Two: Varric Lore
Traits: Outgoing, Geek, Music Lover
Lore Obsession: Harry Potter
Spouse: Liana (Potter) Behr
Spouse Traits: Hot-Headed, Foodie, Insider
Children: Albus, Minerva, Molly
Career(s): Writing
Skills(s): Writing
Aspiration(s): Best-selling Author, Leader of the Pack,
Memorialized: Yes (Photograph)

Generation Three:
Toddler Trait:
Traits:
Lore Obsession:
Spouse:
Spouse Traits:
Children:
Career(s):
Skills(s):
Aspiration(s):
Memorialized:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - The Little Eugenie Who Could
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 04:56:57 PM »
I was a librarian in Monte Vista the day the Watcher spoke to me. The idea was a crazy one, romantic and reckless and so much like something from one of my books. I wouldn’t be a librarian anymore, but I could be so much more. If I was up to the challenge. And boy, was I ever up to the challenge.

My name is Eugenie Lore, and I can never resist a lost cause.

This story starts with an abandoned lot on a verdant bluff, occupied only by a golden knight gleaming in the sun. This was my new home. This was my destiny. This was my ruined credit score and imminent bankruptcy.

Thank goodness for Caller ID. Not today, Bank of Simerica!

This wasn’t just a story about a mysterious meadow and a homely librarian. Oh no, this was something straight out of the pages of meta fiction! Which is a very difficult genre to categorize, I’ll have you know! This town was a town of legend and lore, full of the living, breathing iterations of people I’ve read about so much. They are not self-aware, not like I am, and sadly, I am forbidden from marrying them. But, oh! How excited I am to meet my first bonafide celebrity!

I know all of them, of course. Like any good bookworm, I did my research.

Which also presented me with … an interesting loophole on the whole destitution thing. I haven’t quite run it past the Watcher yet, but there isn’t TECHNICALLY a rule against it. What’s “it” you say? Never you mind.

Why bother with tiresome business talk when I haven’t told you yet of my thrilling night in a misty labyrinth, fog swirling around my pale white calves as I rounded the corners of fragrant rosebush!

I know all about the Von Haunts and would’ve visited their home regardless, but how strange that the museum staff keeps the refrigerator stocked and running, don’t you think? With nothing but a flimsy velvet cord between me and strawberry yogurt.

Why, after hours, it’s not as though anyone will walk in on … let’s not call me a squatter, yes? How about “an interloper”

Besides. I didn’t find that obscure article about the abandoned maid’s quarters in the attic for nothing. That’s why, my friends, reading is king. And starting my new life in a mansion with tinkling fountains and fragrant rose blossoms outside my window … I could certainly do worse!

Of course, my first stop was the local library. After all, since I can no longer work the stacks, I have come up with a new idea – a monumental idea! And, as I told the superintendent back in Monte Vista, I didn’t digitize the entire genealogy of the GilsCarbos and move our stacks collections to the cloud for nothing. I’m very good with computers. Very good.

I introduced myself to the local librarians. There was a blond bearded fellow restocking shelves and the head librarian, a lovely woman named Stella. A kindred soul, I believe! After all, why else would she drift so toward the smell of old leather and crinkled parchment.

Well, Stella is certainly more outgoing than I am, but she runs that library with an iron fist! Her neat trait would never allow otherwise. I complimented her glasses because, like mine, they are of a vintage sort and she snorted and said, “these aren’t real, Gen. Can I call you Gen? They’re just part of the uniform.”

Well, we got to talking and when she heard that I’d bought “that crazy empty park with the random knight in it”, she insisted on buying me dinner. I insisted I couldn’t spare the expense and she kept saying, “No isn’t an option, come on, I know the cutest little tavern. Off we go, Gen. Ha! Like Gen 1. You’re here to build a legacy aren’t you? Wouldn’t touch that with a ten foot pole.”

And before I knew it, I’d been whisked downtown. The first thing I noticed when we entered the restaurant was … well, you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.

“Morticia, WHERE are the French fries? We ordered ages ago.”

“Be still, darling. Where has Fester gotten to? I told him not to--”

“He’s over there discussing Foosball with Ned Stark, Mom.”

“Don’t interrupt your mother, Puglsy. SERVICE!”

Well, my jaw was on the floor! Wouldn’t yours be? I had half a mind to introduce myself when Stella moaned and cringed away from the bar.

“I say,” I marveled, my head swiveling away from Mr. Addams to focus on the most fabulous bartender. “I thought he was a doctor.”

“He’s not a doctor. He’s not even a he, he’s just a ... a.”

“I’m a rich weirdo,” the bartender purred, giving Stella a very seductive up-and-down.

“Shut it, Frank!” Stella snapped, “You never return my calls.”

“You’re one to talk, darling,” he shot back. “Besides, you still have my bustier from our last date.”

“Ugh!” said Stella

"That's right!" Frank laughed, "And my Uggs! You do like to wear my things," he cackled.

“So you’ve been dating …” I stuttered. "Dr ... I mean Mr ... Miss ...?"

“You know that mistake you make over and over and over again?” Stella responded with a sigh. “You just met it.”

"I'll see you Thursday, Stella," Frank whispered.

"Just get outside," she said, giving me a little shove and tossing a look over her shoulder.

I got situated and stared at my menu, unsure what to say after all of that. The thing about Stella, the great thing, is that you never have to sit in silence for long.

“Sooo …” Stella started, chewing on her lip. “Is that … get up. That outfit. Is it part of the kit and caboodle with the Knight lot or was it otherwise forced upon you or what?”

I blinked in surprise, “I don’t know what you mean. I’m very comfortable.”

“Are you though?”

“Shh!” she said suddenly, scrambling for her lip gloss. “It’s that dreamboat from the Secret Agent career who thinks anyone believes he’s a waiter.”

“What!” my eyes darted around, looking for the spy.

“Shh,” she giggled again, grabbing my hand. “I hear he thinks there are aliens in Windenberg. Of all the absurd nonsense. Ooh here he comes. What a Fox!”

I had to admit. He was very handsome. But, what kind of Secret Agent believes in aliens?

“So, Gen,” Stella sighed, digging into her BLT. “Tell me all about this mission of yours and your big idea.”

some time later

“So I’ll find a husband and start a long line. But also through this technology, set the entire tri-town area aflame with romance! I’m quite an expert, you know. And I can't wait to find my own one true love.”

“Hold up,” Stella said. “What do you mean by ‘expert’ exactly? I mean, no offense, babe, but you’re a little on the dowdy side. I get it, I really do, but #LibrarianLife ain’t gotta be all granny sweaters and beehives.”

“Well, I know all about courtly love. Galahad and Lancelot and the magic of Avalon. I live with a golden knight, don’t I?”

“Oh honey.”

“Of course I’ve never gone on a date myself or even been kissed, but surely those things happen on their own. That’s how it happens to all the heroines.”

“Mm.”

Well, the conversation went kind of quiet after that, but then Stella finished her third glass of red nectar, set down the glass,  dropped simoleans on the table, and pulled me toward the gate.

"Where are we going?" I asked in alarm, stumbling after her in my sensible boater shoes.

"To a party," she laughed, spinning to face me, her eyes twinkling. "We've gotta get you out of that mumu if you're ever going to find your one true love."

"Oh, but I can't tonight, I have to program for two hours and tomorrow I must call and ask if they..."

She sighed, quirking an eyebrow. "Oh Gen. Just go in there and ask Frank. You can't win an argument with me."

"I'll see you at 10 sharp at the Von Haunt estate, okay babe?"

I sighed.  "Oh all right."

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Legacy of Lore - General Info/Gettin' Started
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 05:00:25 PM »
I've never used MC Commander but not having to import LegacyLoves sounds really wonderful!

Will Eugenie Lore be a medievalist scholar? Looking forward to your next update!

Edited to add: Oops, I posted just as you uploaded your update above.
Oh, the you-still-have-my-bustier bartender and the secret-agent-in-disguise waiter! I can't even imagine how the Eugenie will turn out after all her weird and wacky experiences!
Such a fabulous start!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 05:13:59 PM »
Wow! That was wonderful! You have an amazing cast of characters, and this is only the first chapter! I adore Stella. I think she's going to be the perfect friend (and foil) for Eugenie. Squatting in the Von Haunt estate is brilliant, too. I can hardly wait to see what happens next!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 06:10:10 PM »
Fabulous, dahling, just fabulous!  The Adams Family AND the Rocky Horror Picture Show all in one update!  I love this!  Your writing is excellent and the quips and hidden, (or not so hidden), celebs are going to make this a favorite.  Bookmarked!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 07:54:46 PM »
TILIA IS BACK. AND WITH A NEW STORY. *hyperventilates*

Okay but seriously, it's great to see you back again! So looking forward to another great story from you. And of all the weird timing, I've been rather absent from the forum myself but started getting back into Sims last week. I juuuuust started playing a new dynasty, so we'll see if it takes. Either way, I'll be reading along with your adventures! Hope all is well with you.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - Fairy Princess
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »
I've never used MC Commander but not having to import LegacyLoves sounds really wonderful!

Will Eugenie Lore be a medievalist scholar? Looking forward to your next update!

Edited to add: Oops, I posted just as your uploaded your update above.
Oh, the you-still-have-my-bustier bartender and the secret-agent-in-disguise waiter! I can't even imagine how the Eugenie will turn out after all her weird and wacky experiences!
Such a fabulous start!

I need to boost up her medieval obsession a bit more in the prose. I'm doing a worse job of that than I intended. Glad you enjoyed Frank and Fox :)

Wow! That was wonderful! You have an amazing cast of characters, and this is only the first chapter! I adore Stella. I think she's going to be the perfect friend (and foil) for Eugenie. Squatting in the Von Haunt estate is brilliant, too. I can hardly wait to see what happens next!

Stella was a great find with amazing traits. If Eugenie were a male sim, she'd have snapped up that neat, outgoing, bookworm in an instant! As it is, she will just have to be a BFF. The squatting is probably borderline cheating, but as you'll see, it did backfire on me.

Fabulous, dahling, just fabulous!  The Adams Family AND the Rocky Horror Picture Show all in one update!  I love this!  Your writing is excellent and the quips and hidden, (or not so hidden), celebs are going to make this a favorite.  Bookmarked!

Thank you! I'm going to miss the celebs when they eventually die out. I've been having so much fun with them. Maybe I'll end up back in the gallery after all.

TILIA IS BACK. AND WITH A NEW STORY. *hyperventilates*

Okay but seriously, it's great to see you back again! So looking forward to another great story from you. And of all the weird timing, I've been rather absent from the forum myself but started getting back into Sims last week. I juuuuust started playing a new dynasty, so we'll see if it takes. Either way, I'll be reading along with your adventures! Hope all is well with you.  :)

EEEE, I missed you too, my sugar dumpling! I'm glad we're synched up with our sims obsessions!

----

"Yes, the party is here, why did you think I wanted to meet you here?  And why are you still wearing ... uh, that?  Honestly, Gen."

"Oh, I thought ... I'm sorry, I was confused.  Shall I just pop up and change?"

"Pop up where? Why do you have clothes in the Von Haunt museum?"

"Er..."

"You're a squatter."

"No! Well yes, it's only until I can--"

"Whatever, go change out of that monstrosity while I text everyone I know.  Go on, shoo."

*Some Time Later*

"Ta-da! Stella?  You okay?"

"Gen ..."

"Sorry it took so long, the straps on this thing are a nightmare, but isn't it just lovely?"

"You look like a fairy princess."

"Thanks!"

"..."

"Gen ... uh, babe. Do you own literally anything else?"

"You don't like it? I thought it rather became me."

"Anything else at all."

"Well, I did find a dress shoved under a floor board that probably belonged to Mimsy Von Haunt ... but it's --"

"Fine. Put it on."

"I changed my mind.  Go back to the fairy princess dress."

"K."

"Why was that man staring at me?"

"Because you're beautiful, Sugar."

"I'm really glad I met you, Stella."

"Me too, babe. We're gonna be besties, I can feel it.  Smile!"

Well, I'll tell you this, my old haunt the Von Haunt was transformed when we got around to the gardens. I did warn Stella to avoid drinks from that bartender. I couldn't quite place her, but I knew something sinister was going on there.

"Ivy?" Stella laughed. "She's so crunchy granola, you have to try her Poison Oakenstead. It'll set your tongue right on fire!"

"Listen, babe, I'm going to go hit on someone until I feel good about myself. Are you okay to mingle?"

Well, I wasn't sure I was, but I promised her I'd give it my best shot. My favorite color is pink so when I spotted a girl with pink hair tips, I thought - there's my mark! And went over to say hi. Her name is Candy, which is even sweeter. I might've been trying to channel Stella a little too hard.

But she was a great listener.  I told her all about my dating app design and how I was going to use the concept to make this area the most romantically optimized place on earth. I told her a lot of my inspiration came from playing lots of roleplay games, especially the  ones with lots of romance.

"You see," i explained, "I've always been more of a Zevran girl than an Alistair, if you can believe that!"

"..."

"So it's ironic?"

"Totally, she's a cutting edge fashion star back in Monte Vista. We only narrowly avoided the paparazzi coming here."

"You don't think that ... particular style will catch on though?"

"It might."

"I totally always romance Zevran too! I'm not even into dudes but who can resist that accent?"

"Right? It's so sweet the way he overcomes initially trying to kill you!"

"..."

"I'm Joaquin, by the way."

"Eugenie! Very pleased to make your acquaintance."

"Ha, totally! That dress is wicked ironic. So, Cullen or Solas?"

"UGH, don't make me choose!!"

"..."

"You know, it might be Ivy's Flytrap Fizz, but I think your friend is coming onto Joaquin Le Chien."

"Pffft, dont' be absurd. Now, shut up and try to kiss me so I can reject you and feel like a femme fatale."

"You see, it'll match people based on their reactions to pieces of art, books, characters, and more! No silly ideologue questions or Meyers Briggs nonsense. This is how you find a SOUL MATE."

"Oh man, this idea is totally dope."

"..."

"Candy?"

"Actually, yeah, I'm following this part. That is a pretty cool idea."

"No way, you own that crazy knight lot?"

"Yeah, it was an impulse buy, I guess? I almost never do anything impulsive, you probably think I'm a --"

"Genius? Totally. You might be the wildest girl I've ever met."

"Well ... ahem, I uh ... should get some sleep. It was lovely to meet you, Joaquin. Truly."

"Hey, hold up there!"

"You forgot to hug me goodbye."

"Oh. Of course. How ... how silly of me."

Well. As magical an an evening as that was, it turns out I absolutely cannot sleep on a lot where an active dance party is happening. Even though I'm not throwing the party. Even though I tried to end it early. Nothin' doing.

Half delirious with fatigue I wandered back to my knight lot and did what I absolutely could not afford to do - I bought a bed. And a cooler. And one of those ... uh, multi-purpose bushes. I had to get some sleep!

Well, not two hours later, I get this bizarre feeling that something is about to happen. Ugh. I've triggered the welcome wagon. And here they came.

I don't even like fruitcake. But how can you say no to that face?

But seriously, who are these people? They didn't even leave me any food to eat later. I'm so tired.

So I splurged for one last thing. A yoga mat. If this day was insistent on happening, at least it could happen with an energy boost. Or I could just sleep on the mat. Either way, really.  Either way.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 10:44:42 PM »
Zevran and Solas, ftw!

Squatting at Von Haunt is a brilliant idea and I don't think it's cheating at all.
It's no different than smooching off a rich neighbor.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 11:39:05 PM »
Aww. I really like Eugenie and Joaquin together, even if he does think everything she does is ironic. Relationships have been built on less!
I unironically love her heart tights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Water Buffalo Migration
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 09:30:07 PM »
Zevran and Solas, ftw!

Squatting at Von Haunt is a brilliant idea and I don't think it's cheating at all.
It's no different than smooching off a rich neighbor.

Haha, well, the difference is having to delete the velvet ropes in Build mode! But yeah, it's basically just surviving in the early days. Also, elf boys 4ever.

Aww. I really like Eugenie and Joaquin together, even if he does think everything she does is ironic. Relationships have been built on less!
I unironically love her heart tights.

Yeah, all things considered, at least he likes her taste, even if he doesn't quite understand it.

----

The day and change following Stella's dance party barely bear mentioning. I stayed in my sweats the whole time and managed to hit one milestone of my aspiration and get promoted at my tech guru job on the very first day! Remember? I'm very good with computers.

It wasn't until my fourth cup of Earl Gray, hot, that I realized that Stella and I had never exchanged numbers, and she wasn't working in this library. When I dialed the operator to find her, I was told she was "out of world." Oh dear, I do hope she pops back up. For now, one more cup of the energy juice won't hurt, right?

After a while (and a return to my maid's quarters in the museum), I got back to a normal schedule and my normal clothes. And then, like clockwork ...

"There you are! You sneaky wench. I've been looking all over for you."

"Stella! I have so much to tell you! Oh, drat it all, I just lost my game."

"Did you have a good time? It looked like you were having a good time," Stella laughed. "I had a pretty good night, had to reject this guy who totally wanted to kiss me really bad. And you must tell me what you've been up to and why I never find you at home. I knocked on the bush and everything."

"Oh. don't touch that bush."

We chatted for a wholly inappropriate amount of time considering Stella was on the clock. The blue fellow at our table kept grumbling in agitation until Stella said sweetly that he should stop being so chilly or she'd be less helpful with his research on bat extermination.

"Oh goodness, look who just walked in!" Stella gasped, "no don't look."

"Well am I looking or aren't I?"

"I have to go ... shelf something."

I sighed. Maybe I should chase her down or maybe I should try to get back up to level 30 again on blicbloc. There were so many things to accomplish. I almost didn't notice the heavy book dropping on the desk across from me and the figure sliding into the chair.

"Hey there, Eugenie," he said as I lost my game and cursed loudly.

Mr. Freeze at this point huffed loudly and stormed away, muttering about icebergs or some such nonsense.

"Oh man, did I mess up your game? That was bad form! It's so weird to see you here. I was just walking back from the gym and I thought oh man, I gotta pick up that uh, that book I've been wanting on ... um,"

"Water buffalo migration?" I suggested, reading the title.

"Yeah, totally. I have a diverse range of interests."

"Do you now?"

He blushed a little and then I blushed a little and he stammered something about being late, but he couldn't resist saying hello.

I think I was still trying to get through my first blush when I realized he was already gone.

I tried to imagine Stella's reaction if I told her I'd just let him run away.  I had a pretty good visualization of how that'd go.

Best to avoid the violence. I hurried outside, tugging my cardigan around myself and breathed a sigh of relief to see him on the sidewalk, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt. He seemed to come to some sort of conclusion and spun on his heel back toward the library, almost colliding with me.

"oh, I'm so sorry! I ... I wanted to ask you before you ... I'm sorry," I stammered, nervously laughing.  "Am I keeping you?"

"I can always make time," he said with a little smirk. "I was actually about to go back in and find you. I realized I don't have your number."

"I'm terrible about that!" I sighed. "I swear the only person who calls me is Bank of Simerica wanting to know if I've built a house yet. Here, this is me."

"Excellent. Hey we should like, go out sometime. If you want."

I felt myself turning pink again. "That sounds very nice."

"Doesn't it?" he smiled.  "Hey I gotta run though. Always great to see you, Eugenie. Sick mumu, by the way. You have the craziest sense of humor."

I watched him (literally) run off to his next location with a dazed smile, almost missing the knowing "Mmmmmhmmmm" coming from behind me.

"Stella!  Look!  Look he texted me a winky emoji!"

"Babe, that is a super flirty winky face. Oh my God, I would have never paired you two together."

"Stella, I have no idea what I'm doing. He thinks my clothes are ironic. What if he finds out they're sincere!"

"Chill, babe. I'm here 4U."

She tapped her chin, contemplating. "So, first things first. We gather intel."

"Intel?"

"Intel."

"How do we do... oh, look, he just sent a ... what is that?"

"A typewriter and a fruit salad. I don't think I understand emojis."

*some time later*

"Candy! What a random, totally unscripted encounter. Hey, want to join me and my friend for dinner? Of course you do, come on now, off we go."

"..."

"Boyyy howdy it sure is coincidental and surprising to see you here! Really enjoyed meeting you at that party! Wow, what an extra surprising surprise."

"..."

"Okay, okay, I can't do this anymore, you two are hilarious and just so weird. I've been trying to find a girlfriend for Joaquin for ages. Basically what I'm saying is that I'm super down for girly conspiracy plotting and also shopping sprees."

"Oh, thank goodness," I sighed. "I'm terrible at subterfuge."

"You truly, truly are."

"I'm great at it!" Stella grinned.

"So, why don't you guys buy me some weird fusion dinner and I'll give you the skinny on Joaquin. Also, I want to be involved in the shopping trip."

"Deal."

"Oooh colors"

"Oooh wine."

"I'm a nervous wreck."

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Rags to Riches
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 10:22:04 PM »
Boom! double update. I can't control myself.  Off we go ---

Gooood morning, Magnolia Promenade, I'm here to reinvent myself!

"Ma'am, your shoes are scaring the other customers. Could you change into one of our outfits immediately?"

"Oh. Alright. Sorry about that."

I slouched away looking for the first mannequin with something I could see myself in as Stella and Candy arrived, both looking a little peaked in the early morning.  They surrounded Sales Rep Romanov and gave her some stink eye while I browsed the mannequins.

"We heard that Natasha."

How about a nice big hat?  I can't see anything.

Urban chic?  Ugh, no, I look like a newsie.

We abandoned the shop with the catty sales rep to head back to the library. Stella had a collection of donated clothes there that she was happy to let me try on.

"Here, try this. The vest is going to catch on your hair and glasses so maybe just leave them off?" Stella suggested, shoving me into the dressing room.

"I can't see and I miss my bobby pins."

"This is okay."

"Dude, that's a literal clown costume."

"I feel naked."

"Yeah, you look kinda naked. But it's super hot?"

"Candy, she can't go on a date in hot pants and a tee shirt. Well, she could, but she's not dating Frank."

In the end, all I left with was a new pair of glasses. Slimmer frames, but Candy and Stella both insist they make me look younger and more carefree.

Stella sighed as I wrapped myself in a towel, looking around for my comfortable dress and cardigan. "Maybe you can just borrow something of mine."

"Not sure a tent would be an improvement on the mumu," Candy muttered.

"Candice, we're doing Clueless, not Mean Girls. Dial it back a notch."

"The ceiling looks like blurry stars."

"Actually," Stella said, pushing me one more time into the dressing room. "I have something that should fit you from before I discovered red wine. Just try it okay?"

I sighed, "okay."

Well, you know. That's not half bad! It's not what I'd have chosen but it fits and ... I should really tone up my arms.

"Babe? How does it fit?"

"Yo, I'm super hungry, zip it up and let's go! We can try again tomorrow."

"Oh yes, yes, yes," Stella said, clapping her hands together as I emerged.

"It'll do for now," Candy said, tilting her head, "but we'll still need to dress it up for date night."

"Thank all the powers above!" I sighed.

That night, Stella treated me to a trip to the spa as a way to say thanks for being such a good sport. How good of a friend was she to thank me after devoting a whole day to making me over? I needed to come up with a way to repay her.

"You know," I told her, breathing in the minty steam, "even if this date crashes and burns, knowing you makes me 100% sure I made the right decision coming here."

"Oh, babe!" she sniffed, biting her bottom lip. "Don't make me cry, the tears will just evaporate in here."

And it's true. I really like Joaquin and maybe he's the One! But Stella ... that's the kind of love that lasts for life.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Lore - Rags to Riches
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 01:52:52 AM »
Yay for a double update! A good one, too! Much as I enjoyed Eugenie's unironic wardrobe, I'm glad she got freshened up a bit, and the girl talk scenes between her, Stella, and Candy were just perfect. I'm glad Candy got over her ellipses phase and decided to become a part of the group!

Slightly off topic, I read a ton of Sims 3 Dynasty Stories back when I was just lurking here, and this week my game randomly spawned a devastatingly handsome bartender named Goopy, which reminded me of the Classic Dynasty and I remembered how much I enjoyed reading it. I'm so glad you're writing a new story! I really love your style.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 09:11:58 AM »
What great characterization and dialogue.
Hurrah for double updates and more Eugenie!

I hope Candy sharing the skinny on Walkin the Dog doesn't happen off screen!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 08:09:34 PM »
Wow, in your second update you managed to reference not one, but two, things that I love, love, love! That being: Dragon Age and MBTI! The correct answer, by the by, is: Zevran, Anders, and Solas. (At least if you're gaga for the sob stories like me, hehe.) And what're you diggin' on MBTI for! INFJ 5w4 sp/sx, reporting in!  8)

Loving all the girl power in this double update. Romantic love stories are great, too. But you don't get to see as many friend-love stories, so it's refreshing. Your founder has some really cute features; good job on that!