Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 131473 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2017, 04:45:51 PM »
You can tell by how they are laying - butt in the air, they passed out - curled up, they are napping.

Next question - passing out from a vampire bite - points deducted or doesn't count?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2017, 05:41:58 PM »
You can tell by how they are laying - butt in the air, they passed out - curled up, they are napping.

Next question - passing out from a vampire bite - points deducted or doesn't count?

I've been counting the vampire bites. Basically if you hear the music and get the red Z, that counts.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2017, 05:53:14 PM »
OK, that works for me.  I am still practicing my start because I can't find a couple pairing I like.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »
One quick clarification - I thought I had read it somewhere but can't find it now - my founder reached 50 points and control has been changed over to the heiress at the end of the free day.  Since the heiress is still underage - they cannot gain or lose points until she becomes a young adult? But I still can only control her?  For reference she is only halfway through her child years, so there are still 3 game weeks before she becomes a young adult.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2017, 07:49:24 AM »
Hi there! Do retail or restaurant perks have penalties?

Thanks.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2017, 08:35:04 AM »
One quick clarification - I thought I had read it somewhere but can't find it now - my founder reached 50 points and control has been changed over to the heiress at the end of the free day.  Since the heiress is still underage - they cannot gain or lose points until she becomes a young adult? But I still can only control her?  For reference she is only halfway through her child years, so there are still 3 game weeks before she becomes a young adult.

That's correct. You don't have to count points until she gets married and moves in with her spouse. You control only her, and there are no free days. So your family will either eat quick meals or go out to eat, and your child heiress will have to replace objects that break down (I don't think that children get the option to call a repairman). Once your heiress becomes a young adult, she'll have 10 days in which to marry, get pregnant, and produce the next generation.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2017, 08:36:09 AM »
Hi there! Do retail or restaurant perks have penalties?

Thanks.
No penalties for buying them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »

That's correct. You don't have to count points until she gets married and moves in with her spouse. You control only her, and there are no free days. So your family will either eat quick meals or go out to eat, and your child heiress will have to replace objects that break down (I don't think that children get the option to call a repairman). Once your heiress becomes a young adult, she'll have 10 days in which to marry, get pregnant, and produce the next generation.

Perfect.  Thanks for confirming it.  She has already had to replace 2 of the 3 toilets and the stereo and 2 sinks and a tub.   And,,, mom had another baby right after the free day ended - which means I will get to see just how autonomous they are.  I will be slowing the points getting down for the next generation, that's for sure.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: September 01, 2017, 06:40:29 PM »

Perfect.  Thanks for confirming it.  She has already had to replace 2 of the 3 toilets and the stereo and 2 sinks and a tub.   And,,, mom had another baby right after the free day ended - which means I will get to see just how autonomous they are.  I will be slowing the points getting down for the next generation, that's for sure.

Oh my -- I've never had a baby taken away, but then I always was able to make the controlled Sim feed the baby before going off to work. The good(?) news is that you won't lose 5 points if the baby is taken.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2017, 07:57:09 AM »
Oh my -- I've never had a baby taken away, but then I always was able to make the controlled Sim feed the baby before going off to work. The good(?) news is that you won't lose 5 points if the baby is taken.

When the game first released, I tested the take-away and it took a long time for a starving baby to be removed from the house.  I had my single sim adopt a bunch of infants and then kept her away/busy.  The warning messages came several times and it still took over 12 hours of starving before they started disappearing. 

My controlled sim has 6 days before becoming a teen so we will get to experience toddlery goodness without any control.  Thankfully they can feed themselves, if there is food available. 

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2017, 04:23:23 AM »
Hi! I got inspired by this challenge and I'm doing a practice run right now, but I have a few questions:

1) The rules state that only homeless Sims can be moved into the main house, but then later on in the thread says that we can move a non-founder heir into the played house. But don't they usually live in the old house where the moved after getting married, and therefore not homeless?

I was just hoping I could play a dynasty using the kids  from my pollinators in Gen 1 (the 3 boys in the Zoe Patel house in Oasis Springs) as possible suitors or new pollinators.

2) If you're playing as teen->YA founder, you just make the cake and blow it out as soon as the game starts, right? Or do you just cheat to age up.

3) Founders/Heirs can gain experience in a skill other than their designated skill and not count as it extra points if they don't have to....do they? (After maxing designated skill) So those points could be earned by a different heir for their designated skill...?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2017, 08:04:53 AM »
Hi! I got inspired by this challenge and I'm doing a practice run right now, but I have a few questions:

1) The rules state that only homeless Sims can be moved into the main house, but then later on in the thread says that we can move a non-founder heir into the played house. But don't they usually live in the old house where the moved after getting married, and therefore not homeless?

You're right, so I changed the rule to reflect that siblings could move in with the heir after the heir marries. I don't know whether that will allow what you're suggesting, though.

I was just hoping I could play a dynasty using the kids  from my pollinators in Gen 1 (the 3 boys in the Zoe Patel house in Oasis Springs) as possible suitors or new pollinators.

I think one of them could be a suitor, but you couldn't move in pollinators from the other houses.

2) If you're playing as teen->YA founder, you just make the cake and blow it out as soon as the game starts, right? Or do you just cheat to age up.

Use the cake, not a cheat.

3) Founders/Heirs can gain experience in a skill other than their designated skill and not count as it extra points if they don't have to....do they? (After maxing designated skill) So those points could be earned by a different heir for their designated skill...?

Yes. Suppose your founder maxed gourmet cooking and guitar, and guitar was the designated skill. Your heir could choose gourmet cooking as the designated skill but not guitar (and could max both).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2017, 08:05:31 AM »
The following clarification has been added:

You may add homeless Sims to your household but not Sims from other families in town. Only heirs are allowed to move out, and they can only move out when they marry. The only exception is that heirs can move in a family member after they've married.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2017, 10:56:10 AM »
All right, thank you for the clarification!

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2017, 05:40:56 AM »
Hello everyone

I need some lights on a few details. English is not my first language, so I'm not sure I understand everything right, and I may have missed it when reading the thread.

Your controlled Sim may not be in a club with other household members. Your Sims may join clubs but not form them.

-2 points for every club perk.

I wanted to start with a young adult who is a club leader.
Is it possible?
If it is :
Is leaving the group at the start of the game possible, or should I just give up leadership to someone else?
Are the club perks counted as negative points even if I leave the club during the collecting/spouse searching period?

-1 point for every Satisfaction Reward bought.

You will not accumulate or lose points during [Free] day.

If your Sim takes the free day at 10 points and then loses a point or two the next day, you'll have to wait till you get to 20 points before taking another free day.

Is buying satisfaction rewards during free day means a point is lost, or is it fine? If so, what kind of event means no points is lost? Accidental ones like fire?

Sorry if I missed it in a previous posts, I tried read everything, but sometimes it was a bit hard for me.

anything