Author Topic: Trying to use a graphics mod on a mac  (Read 3658 times)

Offline Emmynem

• Nooboo
Trying to use a graphics mod on a mac
« on: November 11, 2016, 05:16:51 PM »
I have a macbook pro running on IOS 10.9.5 with 4000 1024 MB graphics card. Ive tried to download and install multiple graphics mods but they do not change the in game quality. Im wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if macs just can't handle high resolutions.

The sims are super high quality in CAS but in game they look like a mess, you can see in the pictures.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: Trying to use a graphics mod on a mac
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:29:12 PM »
I don't advise to install such mods on a Mac as Cider very quickly runs out of memory and on high graphical settings, your game can very easily crash. And even more in CAS if you have a lot of CC. Plus, on a laptop, it's a game that uses a lot of resources and sooner or later, your laptop risks overheating to death... Which is even riskier on Apple laptops (I'm not saying this against Macs, I currently have 3 of them at home).
Graphical mods are essentially for taking screenshots and shouldn't be used in game outside of this purpose. Given how they risk to cause overheating even more, and they need even more resources, you need a desktop computer, and on Windows (install a BootCamp partition on a Mac). This is how I'm playing on very high settings on my Mac safely, and you shouldn't have any difficulties using a HQ mod, but even there keep it only for screenshots.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything