Author Topic: My Sims Won't Get Promoted!  (Read 5485 times)

Offline theagyas

• Nooboo
My Sims Won't Get Promoted!
« on: December 13, 2016, 09:30:33 PM »
Hello fellow simmers :)

I have a question for all the pros here. From a newbie.
Why is my Sim couldn't get promoted, even though his Skills is already reached above the requirement? I also already finished other goal (to get promoted) and always go to the job in good mood & always do the everyday task.

I think it is a problem of a bug, because i couldn't do anything to get my sim promoted.

If any of you guys have had the same problem, and know how to fix it. I would really appreciate it :)

I'm using Mac OS El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Here is the screenshoot.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: My Sims Won't Get Promoted!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 07:35:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum theagyas  :)

It certainly seems as though the game has not registered that your sim is level 6 programming. I would use cheats to promote your sim to the next level and then keep an eye on his progress. While that really doesn't actually solve the issue it will mean at least your sim can keep progressing as he should.

testingcheats on followed by careers.promote techguru

Sorry I can't shed more light on the actual bug but there may be someone else who has seen this who will be able to offer more advice.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 03:47:30 AM »
Yup definitely a head scratcher to me also. I would agree with @Playalot to simply use the command to advance your career one level, that should make you Project Manager and reset your requirements to what's needed for the next level, Development Captain. And for that requirement at programing level 6 you should already reach it.

Another problem appears that you are using a very old version of the game. Tech Guru has had a Gaming skill level requirement added to the promotion requirements for awhile now so using an old version of the game could have something to do with that problem.

When you start your game over in the bottom left corner it should show you the version # at the big play button screen. The latest version for the Mac is  "Version 1.25.136.1220" so if you havent updated the game that would definitely be my first step.

Good Luck :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 04:51:44 AM »
Great catch @Rangervegas  re:outdated game! You can tell I haven't played the Tech Guru career for some time. An outdated game will definitely be causing some issues indeed. Keeping TS4 updated is really important if you want to have as bug-free a game as possible.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 03:21:59 AM »
Great catch @Rangervegas  re:outdated game! You can tell I haven't played the Tech Guru career for some time. An outdated game will definitely be causing some issues indeed. Keeping TS4 updated is really important if you want to have as bug-free a game as possible.

Yea one of the reasons I caught that was my main sim just completed Tech Guru on the gamer path and I was like..."Wait....arnt there two skills you need to upgrade to get promoted?" Heh.... So I checked around and the only posts I could find where it was only the Programing skill was way back just after the game came out in 2014. :D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 04:32:58 AM »
I play the tech guru career quite frequently.

If you reach level 7 of the tech guru career, then, charisma is also a required skill for promotion.  In the Start-up Entrepreneur branch of the tech guru career, you also need charisma level 2 to become The Next Big Thing, charisma 4 for Independent Consultant and charisma 6 for Dot-Com Pioneer.  The ESports gamer branch does not require charisma.