Author Topic: Social Media/Internet Celeb career's "Represent..." option  (Read 9828 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Social Media/Internet Celeb career's "Represent..." option
« on: December 28, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »
On the excellent guide to Social Media careers by @Carl, I've read that maxing the Internet Celeb career gives a new computer interaction "Represent Anyone...," which allows a sim to give another sim a career performance boost.

I've had a sim consecutively use the Represent option on his two sons, one of whom maxed his career (the other's at Level 9 currently).
I followed the usual strategies to boost the sons' job performance bars (Negotiate Bonus and pre-work mood boosts).
Nevertheless, they didn't progress through their career levels any faster than usual (though they did the Public Relations & Charity Organizer careers, so I'm not exactly sure what "usual" means for these two new careers).

QUESTIONS:

(1) How does "Represent Anyone..." actually work?
(2) Do we get any signs that it's working?
(3) Is it worthwhile keeping an obscenely wealthy sim in this career, just for the Represent bonus?

Unrelated comment about gaining followers for Internet Celeb:
Although the guide says to that the Livestream Let's Play action needs to be done until completion, it can be cancelled after a few seconds for the same amount of followers.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Social Media/Internet Celeb career's "Represent..." option
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 06:28:09 PM »
I'm glad you brought this up. I haven't been able to unravel this either. The interaction doesn't seem to do anything, or at least nothing that I can notice. @Carl ? I'm finding it a bit confusing.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 01:51:27 AM »
@oshizu I just tested it, and saw a tick to the right for the represented Sim once the interaction was done, about a 15% bump for a level 1 career. It could be that it only gives so much performance and a small, flat amount. If it's flat it may not be noticeable at upper levels when the required 'points' are so much higher. It has an 80% success rate and the ideal mood is focused, which makes it nearly certain to work. Being angry/stressed makes it less likely to work.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 02:01:10 AM »
@Carl
Thanks so much for letting me know. I never noticed anything to indicate how Represent was working. I guess I wasn't looking at the right place.
When you say a 15% bump, would that equal roughly one tick on the performance bar?
With the proper pre-work prep, it's not hard to get a promotion every work shift up to level 5, so I wonder when Represent would be most useful.
So my sims need the most help at the higher levels, where Represent has less efficacy, it seems.

And my sim just quit the career, so I'll make a test file later to see for myself how this works.
In your opinion, when do you think Represent would be most useful?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 03:14:35 AM »
Yeah it was about a bar. Honestly the interaction takes long enough that I wonder if it's worth it. It may be for multi-generational families having a higher-up Sim ready to help the youngsters through levels 5-9, where it's harder to get a promotion in one day.

I may be wrong and it could be a % bump to career meter. It is a bit surprising it only moved the bar that far on a level 1 Sim, given how trivial it is to get that first promotion!