Author Topic: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Dec 11)  (Read 99143 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- May 20)
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2017, 03:45:34 AM »
I finally caught up with all this, MarianT.  I'm really glad the aliens welcomed Nadia with a party, I don't think she gets much appreciation at home. 
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Marsh_Mallow

• Nooboo
« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2017, 03:56:49 AM »
How kind of the aliens to have a party for Nadia visiting Sixam! Here's hoping she visits there frequently, it's such a beautiful world. Definitely beats having to deal with evil Malcolm.

I love your stories @MarianT, I've went back and read your Sims 3 ones as well. You convey emotions and funny moments which such skill that I'm hooked!
"The power of imagination makes us infinite." - John Muir

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #242 on: May 21, 2017, 08:26:16 AM »
@Magz from Oz, good to see you again! Yes Nadia has never quite fit in, so finding friends on Sixam is good for her.

@Marsh_Mallow, aw, thanks! I keep thinking about bringing the Cottoneyes into TS4 somehow, but haven't managed to do it yet.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »
Agatha and Tabitha are my faves from this generation.  Not that I'm ever biased, as we all know  ;=)
A party for Nadia.  She deserves it!
Loved the wonderful moment as Officer Gretchen confronted her klepto daughter.  Such a struggle for my poor baby!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: May 23, 2017, 09:21:14 PM »
Chapter 51 -- My Family (by Jocasta Straud)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

This is my mama and papa. They're always smooching each other, which is better than fighting, I guess.

This is Mama. She's talking to Grannibella, who used to be the most beautiful woman in all of Simworld. I don't know who is most beautiful now. Grannibella works in the, um, import-export business. I might do that too, when I grow up, or I might become a writer like Grandfather Mortimer.

Mama is studying photography, so she took these pictures of us over at Grandfather Straud's studio. I'm a little scared of Grandfather Straud, but Mama says I'll become good friends with him when I'm older.

This is a picture of me with my sister Chiara. Mama asked us to look nice for the picture, which I did, but Chiara was goofing around. Mama kept it anyway.

Chiara is my younger sister, and sometimes I tease her by telling her I "fixed" the faucet so that she would be the only person it sprayed.

Most of the time, though, Chiara and I play together pretty well. I like our dollhouse because it looks kind of like the house I live in.

Chiara is working on her motor skill, so she gets to do fun stuff like play on the pirate ship.

She also plays on the monkey bars we have at home.

Sometimes I play on them, too, even though I'm working on becoming a Whiz Kid.

Chiara's twin is my brother Gavin. He likes to make up stories about Supersim, his action figure.

Gavin is developing his creativity skill.

He enjoys playing with the dollhouse, too, when it isn't broken. Papa often smashes the dollhouse when he comes home from work, but Mama always fixes it.

Sometimes Chiara and Gavin quarrel with each other. She calls him a jailbird because he played hookey from school a few days to go visit Aunt Gretchen at the police station. And so he teases her because she has brown hair instead of black, like the rest of the family (except Mama).

And this is my Aunt Cass, who is a good sport about cleaning the cupcake machine that Mama bought to help her learn baking.

Aunt Cass plays the violin beautifully, not like Gavin who is terrible, but more like Mama, who also plays well when she gets a chance. Aunt Cass is the most interesting person in my family. (Note to Mrs. Taylor: Can I change my essay topic from "My Family" to "My Most Interesting Person"?)

One evening Aunt Cass went out to lunch with this man who's been over to our house a few times.

After dinner, she brought him up to Grannibella's room to talk. Grannibella was off at work. I was going to talk, too, but she told me she'd come and play chess with me in a few minutes, and I should go set up the board.

I turned around and looked as I was leaving the room, and Aunt Cass and the man were kissing each other.

Aunt Cass took a long time coming downstairs, so I went back upstairs to see if she was all right. She was in her pajamas now, and she was telling the man that she didn't expect to get married, if that was what he was worried about.

Finally he left, and she came to play chess with me. But before we started the game, she told me I'd be getting a new cousin. I already have seven cousins, but I guess a little one will be nice.

Aunt Cass told Mama, who was really excited about the news.

Papa wasn't quite so excited, but he told Aunt Cass that he was with her 100 percent.

Not long after that, Aunt Cass had a baby girl.

Grannibella showed her the proper way to hold a baby. Her name is Lotharia, by the way.

Oh, and I almost forgot -- I finished Whiz Kid, and I'm working on Artistic Prodigy now. Bye, Jocasta

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- May 23)
« Reply #245 on: May 23, 2017, 10:12:27 PM »
Lotharia.  Super fitting!
Loved Jocasta's matter-of-fact delivery of everything.  She makes a rather enjoyable narrator as she has the detached observer vibe going.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »
@PeregrineTook , Jocasta is very curious about everything -- she was an inquisitive toddler and is now a genius child.

I'll be getting back to the Strauds soon. Right now, I'm using my Stardew Valley Sims to get used to the Parenthood game pack.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2017, 09:26:42 AM »
Chapter 52 -- Messes

I discovered the oher day that I can now buy a journal. I like this so much better than putting a file on the computer and giving it the name "Utilities" to keep my children from snooping. Writing by hand seems more personal than typing, and my time on the force strengthened my finger muscles, I took so many notes.

Since I quit my job, I decided to open a store. At the moment, I've spent more than I've made, but I expect that to change. Paolo also reminded me that he, Jade, and Eva are bringing in more than enough to handle the bills and not to worry. The name of my store is Fit and Fancy, and I'll be selling exercise equipment and clothing.

My co-workers gave me a security camera as a going-away present when I left the force. I think it was a gag gift, but it's actually useful. As thanks, I'm keeping a "Have you Seen" box to help catch criminals. Probably the hardest part of my job when I was a detective was finding my suspects, and the more awareness the public has, the better.

Working in the store, I sometimes see people that I used to encounter as a cop. Federico Ernst (blond guy) was a witness in one of my cases, and I once gave Dina Caliente a citation. Hopefully she doesn't recognize me now that I'm out of uniform.

The last time I saw Don Lothario and Dina they were having a fight. When they came into my store, I decided to try and patch things up between them. As a result, Don apologized quite nicely to Dina.

But the minute my back was turned, they got into a fight again. Maybe next time, I just won't say anything. They're two of my best customers (and practically the only ones who look good in exercise outfits. I'm tempted to put up a sign that says "Exercise is what makes you lose weight, not exercise clothing." But that might alienate some of my other customers.)

People seem to be generally more argumentative. Eva has usually taken out her temper on inanimate objects -- Count Batstraud, the garbage can -- but Agatha told me that the other day she was ripping into Paolo about something. I hope she doesn't make a habit of it.

And all of a sudden, children have started making messes. "Why would you even do that?" I asked Alyssa. "I don't know," she said. "Mom, what do you think I should do to become a ninja?"

Marcus, the sweetie, cleaned up that mess as well as the one that Rudy made later.

Rudy seems to prefer paint. "You're getting too old for this," I scolded him. "I want you to clean that up yourself." But he knew that if he waited a few minutes, somebody else -- Jade this time -- would do it for him. He had a strange question, too -- "Is it okay to eat dirt?"

And it's not just my kids -- Gavin came over to play with Rudy and made a mess upstairs. I don't know what's gotten into kids these days.

We have a new wall decoration in the house -- the family bulletin board. I could use it to set curfew if I wanted, but with Agatha having a part-time job, I don't want her getting into trouble just because she's at work. Besides, I consider the threat of possible punishment to be a more effective deterrent than punishment itself. I did use the bulletin board to leave a picture for Agatha, though -- a homeless man next to a couple of garbage cans -- the sorry fate of people who steal.

When she's not making a mess, Alyssa is working on her mental skill. She produced three emotion potions for her aspiration.

Diagnosing and treating her new Tum-tum Teddy enabled her to complete the Whiz Kid aspiration and taught her some empathy as well. I'd like all my children to learn compassion (especially for their overworked mother), so I took the three of them on a walk for Curing Gas-and-Giggles the other day. Agatha tripped in the middle and sat down to nurse her ankle for the rest of the 3-hour period, but it did the younger children some good.

The time finally came for me to tuck Rudy in for the last time. I feel a little sad -- Alyssa will soon become a teen, too. On the bright side, that's one less child to make a mess.

He blew out his candles while Gavin was here. We really did cheer him on, we just didn't get a picture of that.

I think he turned out quite handsome. He inherited my nose and freckles, but his father's firm jaw.

Sadly, he didn't inherit his father's broad shoulders, but exercise should help with that. Rudy will have to do most of his exercising indoors or at night because he's now a vampire. His dark form is that of a butler because he says that butlers are the scariest thing he can think of.

Rudy wants to be a writer when he grows up, and he's started keeping a journal. Since he's now a gloomy bookworm, a journal is a good idea.

To my surprise, Agatha started a journal, too.

She's going through a phase now, where she wants to be alone.

The other day she was in the bathroom so long that I started to worry. I knocked on the door and asked if she was all right. "I'm fine," she said, "I just wanted some privacy."
"Well next time, try the upstairs bathroom," I said, "not the one that's closest for everyone else."

On the plus side, Agatha is fond of her little sister (fingers crossed that Alyssa doesn't try to snoop in her diary)...

...and she's started working on the portraits she'll need for our museum. I just hope we can both make it through her adolescence.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- June 2)
« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2017, 04:20:29 PM »
Wow Rudy is one handsome teen!  Poor Gretchen, you write her with such empathy MarianT, that I think you've really been there.  ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: June 02, 2017, 08:16:17 PM »
Agatha and Gretchen are so glorious. 
Looks like somebody has the new Parenting expansion!  I'm not sure when/if I'll get around to getting that one.  I probably will.  Didn't like the look of the mess-making though  :=/

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2017, 12:20:33 PM »
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! I always love your stories, but, I literally spent the last few hours reading this instead of playing Sims as I had intended lol Gretchen and Paolo make some pretty fine looking kids, but, I've got a soft spot for Nadia with her uncommon looks. She manages to pull them off exceedingly well. Better than her dad for sure! It must be the red hair. I was a bit surprised when Pip was Team Gretchen and not Team Nadia, as we all know his penchant for redheads lol
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2017, 04:51:19 PM »
@Magpie2012, Pippin seems to have changed to a preference for blondes, if Izumi is any indication.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2017, 04:55:37 PM »
Chapter 53 --Sibling Rivalry

Nadia had never been rivals, exactly, with Gretchen. That's because Gretchen had so obviously been the superior child -- prettier and better at sports. She'd even gotten good grades, which was the area in which Nadia had excelled. But ever since Nadia had learned that they were regarded as rivals by the aliens, she'd been thinking that it would be nice if she could move ahead of Gretchen in something.

So it wasn't entirely by chance that she went for a walk in Windenburg, or that she asked Eva how things were going. "Is Agatha going to be moving out anytime soon?" she asked.
"Not likely," Eva told her. "Gretchen isn't even to 150 points yet. If you ask me, I think it was a bad idea to quit her job."

Back at home, Nadia decided to start making Need Fixer serums. She just needed one good one, and she could clone from that. She didn't know whether she could give serums to the children, but Malcolm could certainly benefit.

At work, she started concentrating on skills that she could max up there. Fitness was something she'd been neglecting, but now that she could swim laps, it was something she would work on.

Of course, work wasn't everything. Now that she was at the top of her career, Nadia felt like she could take some time off occasionally -- especially when GeekCon came around. And working on her skill in video gaming could only be a good thing.

Finishing her session, Nadia turned around and saw that her brother-in-law and co-worker had skipped work, too.

"Tsk, tsk, what would Zara say?" she chided.
"If you don't tell on me, I won't tell on you," said Alexander. They chatted for a few minutes and departed friends. With just a few more conversations, Nadia was sure that she and Alexander would be good friends. She was very close to maxing her charisma skill, too.

When she got home, though, she heard shouting from upstairs. Andrew and Tabitha were shoving each other and yelling.
"He said my nose looked like it could cut cheese!" Tabitha complained.
"Andrew! What's got into you?" said Nadia.
"I just felt mean," he said.  He mumbled an apology to Tabitha and went downstairs.

A few minutes later, Nadia saw him giving a check-up to Boo-boo Billy. He was such a good child that she was sure his mean phase would be short-lived.

The next day Justine and Argus both said they didn't want anything weird for dinner and could they just have a bowl of cereal.
"Please," Nadia reminded Justine.
"But it's boring saying 'please' and 'thank you' all the time," Justine protested.

Later on, Justine dumped paint on the ground. "I was trying to make a sand painting," she informed Nadia.

Justine was close to finishing her Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, though, so Nadia didn't scold her, but instead played foosball until Justine maxed her motor skill. Maybe being beaten at foosball was punishment enough, she rationalized.

And she gave Justine a kiss when she tucked her in. "Will you be my best friend?" Justine asked.
"Of course," said Nadia.

The weekend finally came, and Argus and Andrew went to the park, Andrew to play chess, Argus to make one more friend. Even though Chiara was his cousin, Argus couldn't help showing off a bit as he climbed up to the top of the bars.

With the Social Butterfly aspiration done, Argus just had to become an Artistic Prodigy, and then he could become a teen.

Nadia was now only 4 points behind Gretchen. Was it possible that Argus would leave home sooner than Agatha?

At that point, Tabitha announced that she didn't like Eggs Benedict because they were yucky.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- June 5)
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2017, 11:33:37 PM »
I think Tabitha and her sharp nose are just glorious! 
I've been enjoying all the commentary on my redhead preferences (or lack thereof).  Dear little Tabitha is a glorious redhead and I'm cheering her on  ;=)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Straud Dynasty (new -- June 5)
« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2017, 10:28:09 AM »
@MarianT but we all know that Izumi is a special case! I mean she's Pippin waifu (I think that's the spelling)

Right, Pip? It's despite her being blond, not because of it :-)

lol @PeregrineTook I'm glad we can still make you smile even though your heart belongs to Izumi ;-D

I really do adore this Marian. I love Nadia, and Tabitha is just too adorable for words!!!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything