Author Topic: Complete the garden collection question?  (Read 22191 times)

Offline mrs.simmer0723

• Nooboo
Complete the garden collection question?
« on: July 16, 2017, 06:52:57 PM »
Hello fellow simmers! I am on a quest. I want to complete the garden collection (I don't know how else to put it lol). What are the two circled Collectables? I have scoured Carl's guides and I haven't found them unless I over looked it.

Thank you in advance!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Complete the garden collection question?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 07:41:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :)
The first is the Intergalactic Growth Pod more commonly called the UFO fruit, the second I think is the Forbidden Fruit. The UFO fruit/plant you can get a few ways, one is they are sometimes grown in the planters at either the spice or romantic festivals in San Myshuno (City Living expansion). The second is by using the space rocket and going through the txt space adventures. From memory it is the encounter with the Green Man that you can get it from.

The forbidden fruit is a challenge plant that if eaten turns your sim into a plantsim for 5 days. You can only get this through using cheats now as the challenge is over, or perhaps someone has loaded a room with the fruits up onto the Gallery. To use cheats use: Go into build/buy mode, use the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects and then sort by objects by function>show all> and you will find the tree which you can plant "Forbidden Fruit Plant". Pant this (it looks like the plantain tree) and then harvest the fruit. You can also search by the name. Alternatively search for "Forbidden Fruit of the Plant Sims", this will give you one fruit immediately which will check of the collection requirement. Just drag and drop it into the world and in live mode have your sim pick it up.

You could also get the UFO fruit the same way through cheats, just search for it by 'UFO' and then drag it into the world, go into live mode and have your sim pick it up.

**note the GrowFruit is the other challenge fruit that can also be bought in Granite Falls or achieved through cheats or downloading through the Gallery
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 01:32:09 AM »
Hi there :)

Just wanted to add that I believe you can buy a forbidden fruit from the camping vendor in Granite Falls. I did so at one point after the challenge.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 05:10:06 AM »
Check out this guide, it will tell you all the items to collect and where to find them or how to make them.. might come in handy in the future.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:58:41 AM »
Hi there :)

Just wanted to add that I believe you can buy a forbidden fruit from the camping vendor in Granite Falls. I did so at one point after the challenge.
Cool, was wondering if that would happen with the forbidden fruit. Looks like this is the pattern for the challenge fruit. I was going to hop into game and check at some point but hadn't got around to it.

Check out this guide, it will tell you all the items to collect and where to find them or how to make them.. might come in handy in the future.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/
We've got the plant locations guide too which is quite handy:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/plant-locations.php
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 03:24:32 AM »
@Playalot  yes the Plant Locations is also very handy as well
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 12:12:54 AM »
The plants in certain areas, especially the park areas, seem to rotate, but it takes a long time. A park may not contain a certain fruit, when you begin the game, but if you spend enough time in that area, a new plant may come up, as a sprout. This mainly applies to the parks, and the commercial areas, where the museums, restaurants, bars & gyms are located.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 08:29:42 PM »
In my main game, in Newcrest, the apple tree near the main fishing pond with two fishing signs, spawned in as a growfruit tree, but in my other "sometimes" games, it is an apple tree. Before my game crashed and I had to start my main family from scratch, that same  tree was an apple tree near my main family's house on the Rippling Flats lot.

The tree with my characters

The tree without my characters