Author Topic: Pets - Cats and Dogs Expansion News  (Read 21095 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Pets - Cats and Dogs Expansion News
« on: August 21, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »
EA confirmed the next expansion coming out in November 10th World Wide is The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs.

Origins official game description:

Create a variety of cats and dogs, add them to your Sims’ homes to forever change their lives and care for neighborhood pets as a veterinarian with The Sims™ 4 Cats & Dogs. The powerful new Create A Pet tool lets you personalize cats and dogs, each with their own unique appearances, distinct behaviors, and for the first time, expressive outfits! These wonderful, lifelong companions will change your Sims’ lives in new and special ways. Treat animal ailments as a veterinarian and run your own clinic in a beautiful coastal world where there’s so much for your Sims and their pets to discover.

KEY FEATURES

Create cats and dogs. Use the powerful Create A Pet tool to customize your Sims’ perfect cats, dogs, puppies and kittens. Choose from a variety of breeds, give them distinct personalities and directly manipulate their features. Easily personalize their coats with unique patterns to create your real-life pets, dream pets or something more fanciful. For the first time, complete their looks with expressive outfits and accessories.

Bond with your pets. Experience the companionship and fun that furry friends bring to your Sims’ lives. Cats and dogs have minds of their own and form special relationships with Sims based on their daily interactions. Your Sims care for, train and play games with their pets who all exhibit distinct and sometimes bizarre animal behaviors.

Become a vet and run a clinic. Build a veterinary clinic, hire a dedicated staff and further your career as the town’s most promising animal doctor. You’re in control of daily operations from the services offered to what you charge. Your Sims can diagnose and cure pets with critical surgeries or treat fleas and other afflictions with simple medications.

Explore Brindleton Bay. Discover the coastal shores of Brindleton Bay, a new world where your Sims and their pets can live and enjoy outdoor activities. Play fetch near the harbor docks, take a walk to the lighthouse or visit a park to set up an obstacle course and meet other pet-loving locals. Be on the lookout for stray pets that your Sims can take in as their own.

The Official Trailer on YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFWb3lgRpcE

The Sims™ 4 Cats & Dogs
https://www.thesims.com/store/mac-pc-download-addon-the-sims-4-cats-and-dogs

The Sims Blog
https://www.thesims.com/news
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Pets - Cats and Dogs Expansion News
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 04:05:24 AM »
AWE-some! Now that's a great reason for me to start playing again. I'm glad it only features dogs and cats, at least to begin with. I mean, what kind of town has wild horses roaming its streets and strolling through the park? ::) Don is just so getting a pooch in my game. To play ball with! It'll be the love of his life 8) ...Quit thinking dirty, ya'll. Caleb will have himself a kitty - he needs someone to have quiet and deep conversations with. ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »
So cool! Waited so long for this! I must admit this year I haven't been playing much sims 4 anymore, been an active player since launch. But it just got a bit boring lately, even with the challenges (which is in no way your guys fault! you are the reason I've played for so long!) But when this comes out I will be on it again.

Especially because you can run a vet clinic! OMG that will be so awesome :)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 09:36:40 AM »
Always my least favorite expansion. Not looking forward to it. Will likely still buy it for completeness but in my opinion sim pets are so boring and limited. Well except dragons especially in Sims Making Magic as they tended to burn thing down. Dragons are always fun. Too bad there will be no pet dragons.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »
Will there be a game option (or maybe a mod) to toggle off the pets we may not want?  I'd love to have cats in my game, but not dogs.

I'm terrified of dogs (I have been since I was little.  My in-laws got one while my husband and I had to live there for financial reasons, and so we had to move out.  At least, we had a place to live because we're living with my parents for now --- until we can afford to move out.  That was great of my parents to offer when that happened to us.

Thanks everyone,

Coolsim

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:30:23 AM »
Will there be a game option (or maybe a mod) to toggle off the pets we may not want?  I'd love to have cats in my game, but not dogs.

I'm terrified of dogs (I have been since I was little.  My in-laws got one while my husband and I had to live there for financial reasons, and so we had to move out.  At least, we had a place to live because we're living with my parents for now --- until we can afford to move out.  That was great of my parents to offer when that happened to us.

Thanks everyone,

Coolsim

I think it's unlikely that you'll be able to toggle off dogs. Modders might make a way to keep strays out. The only thing I can suggest is that you put plenty of cats in your game. There will probably be a certain number of animals that the game allows for (like the 20 Sims max on a community lot), so just getting rid of dogs won't work, although you'll have to do that, too. But if you have lots of cats in your game, you might not get too many dogs.

Sorry to hear that you find them so frightening. I do sympathize -- I don't like cockroaches myself and was never a fan of the ones you could get in TS2 (although I loved the exterminator's truck).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 02:05:26 PM »
Thank you very much for your help, Marian :)!  I will think about filling my game with cats.  I guess I could get rid of dogs in my game by deleting them, the way I do with Sims I don't want.  I really have to think about it though because I really am terrified of dogs. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »
@coolsim9999999 I'm just curious and feel compelled to ask. Why are you letting your fears control you so much? It's just a game, nothing is going to come through the screen and attack you :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »
@coolsim9999999 I'm just curious and feel compelled to ask. Why are you letting your fears control you so much? It's just a game, nothing is going to come through the screen and attack you :)
Thanks a lot for trying to help Nindigo.  I know that it's a game, but I'm way too terrified of dogs to stop being afraid of them.  Thanks anyway :)!

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 10:04:13 PM »
*sigh*  I was interested right up until it was stated that the pets aren't controllable, not even with a cheat like in Sims2.  Maybe if the modding community finds a way to make them semi-controllable I'll consider buying, but as it stand, it's a deal breaker.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 11:57:06 PM »
*sigh*  I was interested right up until it was stated that the pets aren't controllable, not even with a cheat like in Sims2.  Maybe if the modding community finds a way to make them semi-controllable I'll consider buying, but as it stand, it's a deal breaker.
Does that mean they aren't eating up a caricature slot? If so it perks my interest somewhat. Most controllable pets where boring to play as they were so limited in game play (few skills, no jobs and the like) and felt like a waste. But is they are not taking up space in the household maybe they will just be a nice add. My sims are always looking for something new to do. I loved Sims 3 dragons as they didn't take up space and added to the things sims could do.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 01:24:24 AM »
Hmm, I never take control of pets in TS3. I like for them to have their own free will - my Sims people, too, for that matter. It provides the illusion of them having a real personality. A big part of my fun comes from just observing them like one would fish in a tank :)

Update: I've just pre-purchased this expansion 8)

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 03:49:43 AM »
How much interaction is required? I mean, it's a nice feature, but I would hope for some autonomy. There is already so much that you have to do each day, especially, if you want your character to progress. I would be very disappointed, if pets required nearly all of your attention during the day, to prevent them from running away, being taken away, or dying. Gardening is a great example of how a nice feature can take over the game & become unpleasant. The higher level you get, and the more plants you have, the more it becomes an extreme time monopolizing chore — especially when you have bugs & weeds to take care of. I think it would be a shame, if enjoying pets would require you to make them your career. What would really be nice, is if they gave you far more usable minutes in your day. It shouldn't take a half hour to eat a sandwich.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 08:33:33 AM »
Some things that have been confirmed:

Pets won't be controllable.
They will take up a slot in the household.
The color wheel will only be in the Pets CAS.
You will be able to take your pets to the vet.
Your Sim can be a vet.
Your Sim can also own and run the vet clinic.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 09:44:42 AM »
Didn't see it in the info, but are we going to be able to breed pets like in TS3? Be kind of dumb if you couldn't but you never know. :)
Figure that with pets coming, we'll hopefully get seasons sooner than later. (Always liked the sim kids playing in the snow)

anything