Author Topic: Wags to Witches 3.9: Hard to Earn, Easy to $pend (11/26)  (Read 12682 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Wags to Witches 3.8: Paw Passion's Grand Opening (11/25)
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2017, 10:34:18 PM »
So...Ken and Fallon are going to be...just roommates in 5 days?  She's lovely, and she and Ken would have lovely kittens!
The clinic is super cute!  The fairy garden/quaint country look is quite nice!
Poor Belle, needing to be neutered.  She just looked mortified coming out of the surgery machine.
I can't await to see you level your clinic up to 5 stars so I can blatantly steal ideas borrow inspiration for making the Took Pet Medicine Clinic more than a 3 star establishment  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2017, 11:44:47 PM »
@PeregrineTook
I agree that they are a really cute couple but I have two choices:
(1) One generation:
      Once Fallon has her YA birthday, I get to enjoy the entire household at their current age, provided I can supply them with Potions of Youth or Age-Down treats.
      My beloved Ken never grows old and wrinkled, but never has children with Fallon, either. On the plus side, no toddler care, lol.

(2) Multi-generation
     If Ken and Fallon have children, I must allow the parents to age and gradually die so that the heir would eventually take over the challenge.
     Not a big fan of watching Ken and Fallon grow old, wrinkly, and hunched over. :D
     Maybe I'll just save them to my library and hope for a different challenge where I can play them as a child-bearing couple. :D

I'm probably not the one to teach you about raising your clinic's star rating.
We watched the surgery station's red and green lights alternately blinking for quite some time before realizing that Ken needed to click on the podium to get options, hehe.
I'm thinking a high star rating ultimately boils down to how much coin the clinic has to burn...

P.S. The affectionate, mischievous, spoiled Nougat turned out to be female. Hahaha.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2017, 10:52:08 AM »
I literally laughed out loud at this bit:

Chai: I finally educate Ken to Level 3 Pet Training.
And what's the first thing he does?
He sends me off to explore some dig sites.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2017, 06:41:41 PM »
I literally laughed out loud at this bit:

Chai: I finally educate Ken to Level 3 Pet Training.
And what's the first thing he does?
He sends me off to explore some dig sites.

I'm glad you got a laugh out of that! Dogs sure get dirty quickly when they start exploring, though!
And he only occasionally brings back anything besides balls or squeakers.
After he returned home with yet another ball one day, I accidentally called him Ziggy, hehe.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Wags to Witches 3.9: Hard to Earn, Easy to $pend
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2017, 07:23:15 PM »
3.9: Hard to Earn, Easy to $pend

Week 4/Tuesday

Ken: I miss so much from being too busy!
I didn't even notice Mayor Whiskers and his entourage on our lot until they were leaving!

Chai: Belle completed our feather collection today, helping both our pets complete The Curator.
We're selling the ugly bird created from assembling one of every feather type ($2,500!) but keeping the cat I found.

Ken: After making a treat or two, I open Paw Passion around 1 pm.
When a dog shows up with Icy Fur Flu, I decide against giving him a $25 Essence of Placebo shot.

Instead, I opt to perform Unblock Kibble Chute Blockage Surgery.
Oops, that doesn't look right!

Okay, a post-operative Cone of Shame looks right!
And that procedure kicks my Vet skill up to Level 6! *disallows new customers

Time for a break! I seem to be working more quickly today!
Yesterday, I treated 6 customers over 12 hours.
Today, I've already treated 5 customers in only 7 hours!

Ken: Whoa, this surgery station is way more fun than the exam table!
And notice I've added floor and wall coverings to this entire room?

Dog: *glares at Ken and mutters
Ken: Excuse me, dawg? I KNOW you didn't just call me "surgery happy"!

Things go even better today than yesterday. We need to decide on our priorities.
Do we buy another cheap exam table for $2,500 and hire a second vet?
Or should we save to buy the $4,000 exam table?

Chai: I'm an adventurous dog and finally convince Ken to go adventuring with me tonight!
Ken: Eh, we go to the Lighthouse but just get sent home. *shrugs

Fallon: Ken is gone all day then leaves with Chai as soon as he gets home. *sighs
I'm like an unpaid, live-in petsitter!

Wednesday

Belle: I've had enough of sharing Ken with Chai. This one's all mine!

Chai: Ken, you're spending all your time at the clinic like some workaholic!
You need to decide on a set number of hours to work each day so you'll have more time for us!

Ken: Chai's right! Today, I'm at the clinic already by 9 am!
I'm going to craft for an hour then open the clinic for two 4-hour shifts, with a one-hour break.

Ken: Will my patient ever come out of the surgery station in one shot?
Is my Vet skill still too low or is this someone's idea of a joke?

Ken: I disallowed customers and am on a break. Why are you here?
Catarina: I think it's like Dine Out's hostess podium. You can't disallow me if I'm already in the neighborhood and on my way here.

I'm most definitely a fan of the surgery station!
Catarina's owner Josie arrives with blue fur and five unknown symptoms.

I do one $20 vascular scan at the surgery station, which gives me all the symptoms and the cure.
And, for the first time, Josie comes out cured the very first time.

Paw Passion reaches a 3-star rating today!
We're doing so well that I take the plunge and hire an additional vet, Zoe Patel.

Could I make treats unless I see a patient with blue fur to treat at the surgery station?
We are in urgent need of a second exam table!

Thursday

Chai: We visit Desert Bloom Park after midnight so Ken can craft a dining table.
Tonight's the night we decide we need to have our own woodworking table at home.

Ken: Children have made messes all over the playground, which make Fallon and I very uncomfortable.
Fallon: Would you please stop making me clean up, Ken? It's not even boosting my Manners!

Ken: It's hard to share a single exam table.
I choose patients who look most likely to require surgery and take them straight to the surgery station.

Zoe: Don't judge me for not crafting treats like you ordered!
You've left a half-finished Age-Down Treat on the medicine crafting table! Sheesh!

Friday

Ken: No surprise that the surgery station breaks down before the exam table does!
Should I upgrade the equipment or wait until I can buy the better models?

I buy a second exam table as soon as our business funds allow and, gosh, do profits soar!

By the end of the shift, Zoe is quite tired and unsatisfied. I praise and promote her.

Saturday

Chai: This morning, Ken waits for Fallon to bake a cake, receive her birthday notice, and age up.
Fallon: I look exactly the same but I'm now a vegetarian geek who Loves the Outdoors.

Chai: Ken gives her nothing on her birthday, but Belle and I bring her prezzies.
Ken: Stop bringing your gifts to Fallon! I'm the only one allowed to earn simoleons here, remember?

After transferring half of the $3,370 in profits to home last night, I start today with only $36! Shucks!
Today's lesson: We must have the funds to perform surgical scans, surgery, and any medical treatments.
We can only bill the owner for treatment costs after curing their pet.

I wait for Zoe to bill her patient's owner so I can perform surgery on my first patient.

Fallon: I can't believe you got home at 7 today to invite me to the Romance Festival!
Ken: Well, it is your birthday and I wanted to do something special for you.
You know, something a little more special than a squeaker or feathers!

Chai and Belle: We heard that!!!

Chai: Very smooth, Ken! Every girl dreams of having her First Kiss at the Romance Festival!
Ken: They do?
Fallon: Why, yes, in fact, I did!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Wags to Witches 3.9: Hard to Earn, Easy to $pend (11/26)
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2017, 08:22:37 PM »
Yay!!  Ken and Fallon!!  They're so adorable!
I felt bad for her  being the live-in petsitter, but she's clearly more than that.
I was so amused when weird statues or such came out of your surgery machine instead of actual pets.  I've never had that happen, though I have the more expensive model.
Another lovely update.  Looking forward to more!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Wags to Witches 3.9: Hard to Earn, Easy to $pend (11/26)
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2017, 04:56:30 PM »
Ken's doing fabulously! Belle's face after being neutered cracked me up! I'm with you on the angst of watching your main sim age, ugh, not for me! Young adult is about as far as I can go.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything