Author Topic: The Drifter Chronicles - House 001 (COMPLETE)  (Read 11630 times)

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Re: The Drifter Chronicles
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 02:58:33 PM »
Ors, I realize that you're the founder but Summer has officially stolen the show!
Seconding this!  I so enjoy the active role that Summer (and Liberty, to a lesser degree) has taken in the storytelling!
Amusingly, before I'd read the part about Summer's pregnancy age-freezing meaning that the baby would grow to teen or YA before she passed, I'd already started going into problem-solving mode for you thinking about if Liberty could be moved in to be the caretaker for the little one, but then realized she'd be just as old as Summer and Orys!

Funny you should be thinking this about Liberty. Keep that thought in mind when I get to house #2.

I have really come to love Summer and Liberty a lot and they inched/stormed their way into house #2 as well.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »
Grade School Paper by Steffon Baratheon

My name is Steffon Baratheon. I am 8. I live with my Mom and Dad and my big brother, Robert at Drifter 001. Mom says no one but Dad and some people named No Sim Left Behind know what that means and that I should say I live at Agave Abode in Oasis Springs.

When I was little, Mom says I was a wild toddler with hair to match.

Dad says I liked to wander outside the house to eat. I don’t remember this. It was a long time ago.

Robert says Mom and Dad like him best and that they did not have a birthday party for me because I am lazy.

Mom said that is not true and that Robert is teasing me.

She says her and Dad love us the same.

Mom also said I did so have a birthday party. She made me strawberry cake. Strawberry cake is my favorite.

Robert likes to tease me. Sometimes he is nice to me. Then I like him.

Mom says I should have a conclusion to this report. I did not know what to say so Mom says I should say how I feel about my family.

I love them very much.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »
Journal entry, Robert Holiday

All my life I have felt like there is something my parents have not been telling me. It turns out I was right.

Dad sat me down and told me about “The Project.”

It all makes so much sense now. He never had a real job. How he and Mom would stop talking when I came in the room. How worried Mom would get about me. How they never really push Steffon to do the same stuff they did me.

I don’t know if I want to be in it or not.

Mom says I don’t have to participate if I don’t want to. They both said it’s totally up to me. Dad got real earnest and says I have time to decide.

How can I decide if I don’t know what’s involved?

To: Robert Holiday
Re:  Drifter House 002

Dear Robert,

While we cannot entirely explain the rules of the second house to you until you reach young adulthood, essentially, what your father told you is correct. No Sim Left Behind will give you a plot of land on which you will build a home. You will start with nothing. You will have other goals and yes, one of them will be to raise an heir to young adulthood.

In answer to your questions, we can only say it will not be in Oasis Springs. Upon reaching young adulthood and agreeing to participate in the project, you will need to leave Drifter House 001 and never return. Your family is free to visit you and you can also invite them to do the same.

You may certainly take with your birth certificate with you. You asked about your journal. Its current value is 22 simoleons. The Board agrees that you may also bring this with you, but that the first 22 simoleons you earn must be paid back immediately.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us. We hope you will consider becoming Drifter Subject 002.

Sincerely,

Justin Delgato

Journal entry, Summer Holiday

I thought Robert would say no the minute he learned about the project.

He’s more like his father than I realized.

He’s actually thinking about it.

Orys isn’t really sure what the second house entails, but he’s maintained all along that if Robert has a head start with gardening and fishing, it’ll be easier on him.

Since he can’t make Robert do anything according to the rules, he “invites” Robert to participate in group outings. And because Robert now gets that this might help him, he’s been saying yes.

Robert is a good kid and he's finally stopped teasing Steffon.

Robert’s in range for earning the compassionate, responsible, and good manners traits. If we’d been smart enough to take him volunteering even more, he might have a shot at mediator and emotional control, but still, we’re proud of him.

We’re both getting older, though. I’m worried about Steffon. Robert’s birthday is just around the corner. If only I could be certain that I would be around for the entirety of Steffon’s teen years.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Drifter Chronicles (The beginning of the end)
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »
The bit about Robert teasing Steffon was great and I enjoyed how it showed up in both updates  :=)
I haven't actually looked over the rules of the challenge, so when we get to Drifter House 002, I'll get to be just as surprised as Robert  :=)  Looking forward to it!

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Re: The Drifter Chronicles (The beginning of the end)
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2018, 11:04:54 AM »
To: Drifter Board of Directors, No Sim Left Behind
Re: Drifter House 001, Progress Report 006

Attached are the pictures of our house. It is valued at over $37,000 simoleons.

Please excuse the mess in the exterior shot. Steffon is a good boy, but he will misbehave on occasion.

This is part of the living room area. We opted to recover the sofa when we put up the paneling on the walls.

Another shot of the living room. The door on the left leads to the bathroom.

It was nearly impossible to give an accurate picture of the bathroom. Also, Robert spends a great deal of time in there. Not depicted is the tub which is opposite the toilet and sink. In order to reduce the unavoidable embarrassment caused by a family of four living in a home with only one bathroom, we built the wall between the sink and the toilet.

When we learned that Summer was expecting Steffon, we built on an additional bedroom on the back of what is the office/kitchen area for Robert. Should he choose to participate in the project, we plan on demolishing this, although not until he begins it. While it will reduce the property value to $34,000 simoleons, Summer and I believe strongly in affordable housing.

The master bedroom is a partial loft.

This is Steffon’s room, also a partial loft.

According to my understanding of the Drifter House 001 challenge, I have completed everything required for the structure. All that remains is for Robert to reach young adulthood.

To: Drifter Board of Directors, No Sim Left Behind
Re: Drifter House 001, Final Progress Report

Dear Brant and Justin,

I cannot lie. This has been a challenging experience for me in the most unexpected ways. Obtaining money and skills was not nearly the challenge I thought it might be. Becoming a good husband and father to my beloved wife and children was far more difficult, but it is of what I am most proud.

My birthday was yesterday. I know I have more days left, but I cannot help but wonder if I could have spent my time here better.

For your records, I have achieved the following:
•   Bestselling author
•   Fabulously wealthy
•   Soulmate
•   Freelance botanist
•   Curator

I have been busily upgrading every piece of plumbing and every household appliance so that Summer and Steffon (and Robert if he declines to participate in the project) will not have to worry about repairs.

It has been an honor and a privilege to be Drifter Subject 001.

Journal entry, Orys Baratheon

Robert approached me as I was completing the final entry in my bestselling children’s series, Proudwing Goes Home.

He wants to participate in the project.

I could hear Summer crying upstairs. I wanted to console her, to tell her it would be all right, but my heart was sinking too.

It was then I realized that I really didn’t want Robert to undergo all the deprivation I did.

“It’s not going to be easy and it will not be easy on your partner.”

“I know that, Dad, but I don’t just want to be like the Landgraab kids. I don’t want everything handed to me. The thought of working out in the fresh air, building a life—literally building a life—it’s what I want.”

I persuaded him to not email his acceptance till after his birthday, but I know that look. He may not bear the name Baratheon (something I truly regret now), but I recognized the Baratheon determination in his eyes.

I’m going up to Summer now. She needs me.

Phone conversation between Summer Holiday and Liberty Le
e

Summer: I’m sorry you couldn’t make the birthday.

Liberty: I couldn’t get off of work, but—you don’t sound like yourself. Are you drunk?

Summer: I should be, but no. I’m very sober. Robert made his decision.

Liberty: Crap. He’s gonna do it?

Summer: I put on a smiling face. But yeah, he’s gonna do it. Orys is crushed.

Liberty: I don’t know what to say. Wait, what? I thought Orys wanted Robert to be a drifter.

Summer: Yeah, turns out he really didn’t want Robert to sign on. He doesn’t want his little boy to have to suffer. He’s afraid Robert will starve or get embarrassed to death. After, I calmed down, I was the one who had to peel him off the ceiling.

Liberty: You?

Summer: Robert’s a grown sim. I don’t want this for him, but it’s what he wants. I cried. I admit it. [rueful laugh] But I think he’s gonna make a fine drifter.

To: Orys Baratheon
Re: Re: Drifter House 001, Final Progress Report

You done good!

Justin & Brant

Onto House 002!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Drifter Chronicles (The end!)
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2018, 11:15:58 AM »
Aww, such sweet parental concern for Robert.  I'm sure he'll be fine and I look forward to gen 2 of the Drifters!!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Drifter Chronicles (The end of House 1!)
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2018, 10:08:14 PM »
Congrats on finishing house 1! I have done some of this challenge and I really enjoy the different challenges each house brings. Your story makes these beautiful sims so loveable and I will miss Orys and Summer and Liberty.. but I am looking forward to the challenges ahead for Robert!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.