Author Topic: Can't hire a caterer/vegetarian caterer? Forget about the chef station!  (Read 6447 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Since the Cats & Dog DLC, I've been unable to click on the stove or fridge to hire a caterer/vegetarian caterer.
Initially, I thought the problem was caused by a glitch in the premade houses my sims moved to.
Later, I learned that it's a known bug.

Today, I tried buying both of the chef stations and was delighted to note that they both offered a "Hire chef ($800)" option.
My sim sold one of the chef stations then used the other to hire a chef.

Don't bother! That chef came by and spent hours alternately stirring one dish and frying another, then left without finishing either, lol.
My sim could just cook herself or get her clubmates to cook, but I still miss being able to hire a vegetarian caterer!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
if your sims don't have thyme to cook you can always buy a buffet table and then just stock it with however many dishes you need (instant) and then put the dishes away in the fridge for later.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Playalot, that's a marvelous idea! *runs back in-game to buy a buffet table

My club idea works mostly, but I'd like a little more control over how many and which meals I have stockpiled
Fortunately, there are no foodies in the household who will get sad about the normal-quality fare, haha

Thanks so much!

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
I'm picturing Huey Lewis & the News, in chef hats, playing "Gotta get Back in Thyme".

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Nice one, CuriousSim! What about "Anythyme at All" by the Beatles?

Any time at all, all you gotta do is call, and I'll be there. 

Best caterer slogan ever! #BringBackCaterers

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
That could work.

♫ Good thyme,
Bad Thyme,

Give me some of that... ♫

*Shake* *Shake* *Shake*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The caterer and vegetarian caterer are back in the game! It must have been the recent patch.

Just now, my sim was looking at different options on the fridge and saw "Hire caterer/vegetarian caterer ($100)."
Yay!!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.