Author Topic: Jungle Adventures - Tree of Emotion (spoilers)  (Read 12399 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Jungle Adventures - Tree of Emotion (spoilers)
« on: March 01, 2018, 12:39:49 AM »
Tree Of Emotion
This tree swirls with mysterious energy. The fruit from this tree is purported to trigger a range of emotional responses from the Sims who eat them.

7 different types berries are picked from this tree: normal quality =$10 a berry. Emotional buff lasts 4 hrs, potentially this time could increase when planted and leveled up quality at home. (My thoughts haven't had time to test.)

Vimberries
These berries will get your Sim moving! Full of vim and vigor, nothing else gets you energized so quickly. And their delicious to boot! A win-win

Merry Berries
Happy little berries make for a happy little Sim. Just pop one in your mouth and try not to smile. I dare you.

Flutterberries
Be very careful around these berries. They will set your heart aflutter and cause immediate flirtiness. Be aware of nearby Sims when consuming this fruit.

Muuseberries
Writer’s block? Struggling to solidify that spark of a great idea? Fear not, because around this fruit you’re a bite away from a mouthful of inspiration.

Razzleberries
These yummy berries are squishy and juicy. One taste will remind Sims of their childhood and cause playful tendencies.

Cerebrerries  (note, I checked this spelling repeatedly! Lol)
A quick handful of these berries will focus a Sim like a laser beam! Great for snaking during homework or when you just want to be able to concentrate.

Gutsberries
These berries instill a sense of confidence in a Sim. Eat a bunch and you’ll get the guts for the most dangerous social maneuvers.

Buff example:

Normal Museberry  Inspired +3
Sweet Inspiration
(From Eating a Berry from The Wild Tree of Emotion)
The nutrients in these berries
provided ‘Sims Name’ with a healthy dose
of Inspiraton
+4 hours
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Jungle Adventures - Tree of Emotion
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 12:49:52 AM »
Thanks so much for this! I realize this makes me a dork, but this tree is the thing I'm most excited about in the whole pack. I'm almost wanting to end my jungle vacation early so I can go home and plant the berries!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Jungle Adventures - Tree of Emotion
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 01:04:53 AM »
I continue to love the names that the Sims creators come up with all of these things in the game. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Jungle Adventures - Tree of Emotion (spoilers)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 01:59:18 AM »
Sorry for those of you who experienced spoilers with this post. I had originally posted it elsewhere but it either got moved or I got confused.  :-\

I really like this tree too and looking forward to seeing if improved quality = longer buffs.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 04:32:38 AM »
This tree's berries are essential when solving the temple puzzles. Pick them!
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 05:01:30 AM »
Cant wait to have this tree in my garden :) My Life State Dynasty would love to have it.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 07:00:26 PM »
I haven't finished testing this yet, but I thought I'd share some interesting things I'm seeing with the Tree of Emotion.  Although the tree bears all the different emotion fruits, there seems to be a primary type - maybe the berry that the tree was grown from.  I planted one of each kind of berry, and I have evolved the trees to Good.  When my sim harvests, there is usually one fruit that seems predominant in that it there are 3-4 of that one, and 1-2 of each of the others.  The predominant berries have a quality that matches the tree (Good in this case) but the others are all normal.  I didn't pay attention when I planted them to which berry I planted where, but I do seem to have one tree primarily producing each berry, so I think the concept of the predominant berry is probably good. 

Also, when I took cuttings and spliced them to faster-growing plants, each spliced plant bore only one of the emotion fruits.  When I hover over those spliced plants, it says "Spinach and Museberries" or "Parsley and Razzleberries.  Perfect berries are produced on the spliced plant, but when I planted a perfect museberry, the Perfect tree that grew from it bears Normal fruit.  I have some more testing to do on this as well, but wanted to put this out there in case others have related findings to share.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 08:36:07 PM »
Very interesting @GlazeyLady  Does higher quality change the duration of the moodlet? And I did wonder about if even getting a perfect tree was possible, I figured you'd be able to graft each berry type but that it would be random but not that a perfect berry would result in a normal tree of emotions.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 09:19:05 PM »
Very interesting @GlazeyLady  Does higher quality change the duration of the moodlet? And I did wonder about if even getting a perfect tree was possible, I figured you'd be able to graft each berry type but that it would be random but not that a perfect berry would result in a normal tree of emotions.

I had one sim eat a perfect cereberry and another eat a normal cereberry - both got a Focused +3 for 4 hours, so no difference. 

Just to be clear, the normal tree produced normal fruit; the perfect tree produced normal fruit - I'm waiting on the next harvest to see if maybe the museberries are perfect, since I planted a perfect museberry to get that tree.  Also, the faster-growing plants that I splice onto were already perfect, so that's why they produced perfect berries.  I thought this was going to be a shortcut to all perfect berries, but it's not really working out that way.  Not sure it matters since the moodlet is the same regardless of the quality of the fruit.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 09:26:17 PM »
Right, gotcha. I was really hoping that perfect fruit would give a longer moodlet as 4 hrs is pretty useless for any career unless it is an active one.

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 03:17:19 AM »
But on the other side, i dont think the berries are planned for career use, rather for exploring.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 05:25:21 AM »
But on the other side, i dont think the berries are planned for career use, rather for exploring.
Agreed. Use bath soaks for career purposes - their moodlets last 8 hours.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 06:20:20 AM »
It's true, I just like longer moodlets where possible. There are so many ways of getting a 4hour buff so an easy to get 8 hr plus one would have been such a bonus.

Surprisingly I don't think many of the devs realize we like the longer buffs judging from the comments on the live streams etc. They seem to think 4 hr one are good for careers... Yeah... nope, not really.

Also burn incense with the bath soak then the moodlet is even stronger for longer. (+2, 12hrs)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2018, 10:08:43 AM »
@Playalot Longer buffs are not good for exploring the main propose of the berries. I have seen tramples with more than one emotion platform puzzle and waiting 4 hours is too long at times so you can over ride the last berry. 8 hours would defeat the purpose of being able to move on. At home we have ways to get longer emotional buffs like baths but in the temple our choices are limited and the short term buffs the berries provide are plenty long to get us to the next room. Different buff lengths serve different uses. These berries aren't meant for careers, they are meant to help explore the temple. 8 hour buffs just are not good for that.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 11:22:23 AM »
Also burn incense with the bath soak then the moodlet is even stronger for longer. (+2, 12hrs)
Sounds like a wonderful thing to be doing before getting to work. How many get around to doing that in real life?

But @Playalot , do Sims in fact need to be in a certain mood the entire work day to progress faster? I always thought it was sufficient if they were in the recommended mood when they left ??? (Sorry to go off topic)

anything