Author Topic: Mid-Season Major: Self-Employed Expert  (Read 17766 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Mid-Season Major: Self-Employed Expert
« on: April 16, 2018, 06:47:26 AM »
Mid-Season Major: Self-Employed Expert

Goal
A speed challenge to see how fast your starting two Sims can obtain a 5-star rating with a Restaurant and Vet Clinic as well as achieve two large perks for a Retail Store.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • In CAS, create two Young Adult Human or Alien Sims. No changing to Vampires either.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat to purchase a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • Placing EA/Maxis lots at the start of your file is fine, but the Manage Household screen is not allowed.
  • No adding to the household.
  • Do not talk to Jasmine Holiday during the skill boost event.
  • The challenge ends when your two Sims obtain simultaneous 5-star ratings of both a restaurant and Vet Clinic. Two large perks also need to be purchased for a retail store that will remain open until you achieve the previous mentioned 5-star ratings.

Scoring

Time. Once your two Sims fulfill the requirements -- both Vet Clinic and Restaurant at 5-star ratings and have purchased two large perks for their retail store -- pause the game, note the exact time and plug in the necessary information into Lena's spreadsheet to determine how many minutes were needed.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, sdhoey, LenaLJ, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player            Time
Rinkils                            8831
LenaLJ9222
GlazeyLady                            9788
HelenP10032
Nikitachi                            11220
Metropolis Man                            13535
mens0067                            15197
Tynynounours                            15938
fluffyj00                            16214
SueDenim19063
BallerinaHippo                            19461
simemie                            DNF
workingmum8                            DNF
IronicBeauty                            DNF
Nomac                            DNF
JocyMc                            DNF

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Mid-Season Major: Self-Employed Expert
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 06:49:23 AM »
This will be the first of two Majors this season. Majors are very important events for those of you seeking to rise in the ranks because they count as two events. So, they have the potential to really help you if you do well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xyliajames

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:41:14 AM »
Because I’m scheduled for surgery in the middle of the mid-season major, I thought I’d ask if the team thinks it will take twice as long as usual to complete since we’re given twice the time? I’m going to have to do a lot of practicing for this one and I’d like to try to get my official  file done before the surgery. I completely understand if you guys can’t give an estimate, though.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:03:21 AM »
Because I’m scheduled for surgery in the middle of the mid-season major, I thought I’d ask if the team thinks it will take twice as long as usual to complete since we’re given twice the time?

Honestly, IMO, no, it will not take twice the time to complete. Look at the goal of what your two Sims need to do. Getting the vet clinic and restaurant up to 5 stars and then purchasing 2 large perks for a retail shop is certainly going to take some work, but having 6 weeks to finish this will be a luxury.

Offline xyliajames

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 12:20:14 PM »
Great, thanks. Looks like this turned out to be good timing after all!

Offline simemie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 03:49:25 PM »
@xyliajames Good luck with your surgery! Hope it all goes well for you.

Offline xyliajames

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 04:36:51 PM »
Thank you, @simemie. It’s probably weird to say I’ve been looking forward to a surgery but I am. I can’t wait to get on the other side of it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 03:43:10 PM »
    There have been a couple questions on if all the requirements need to happen at the same time. So....

• The challenge ends when your two Sims obtain simultaneous 5-star ratings of both a restaurant and Vet Clinic. Two large perks also need to be purchased for a retail store that will remain open until you achieve the previous mentioned 5-star ratings.

Offline simemie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 11:02:00 PM »
I haven't really played much with retail, restaurants and vet clinics yet so I'm not familiar with how long it might take to get 5 stars and two large perks, but if your sims died before they managed it would it just be a failed challenge?

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 03:05:15 AM »
What is meant by "two large perks"?  Are those the two perks that specifically say "large"  (i.e., "Faster Checkouts (large)" and "Faster Restocking (large)")?   Or do other perks count?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 06:59:41 AM »
What is meant by "two large perks"?  Are those the two perks that specifically say "large"  (i.e., "Faster Checkouts (large)" and "Faster Restocking (large)")?   Or do other perks count?

Correct. They need to say "large."

I haven't really played much with retail, restaurants and vet clinics yet so I'm not familiar with how long it might take to get 5 stars and two large perks, but if your sims died before they managed it would it just be a failed challenge?

Unfortunately, yes.

Offline mens0067

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 08:49:13 AM »
Do we have to build the restaurant ourselves or are we allowed to download one from the gallery?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 09:15:22 AM »
Do we have to build the restaurant ourselves or are we allowed to download one from the gallery?

Hmmmm, good question. Team, what do you think?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 10:19:15 AM »

Hmmmm, good question. Team, what do you think?

I am okay getting the ones that are build by EA/Maxis

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 02:59:27 AM »
Cats & Dogs is on sale right now if you (like me) had not yet gotten around to purchasing it.