Author Topic: Legacies of the Valley (March 9 -- Sheil) Graveyard  (Read 53824 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Legacies of the Valley (June 22)
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 04:17:50 PM »
Thanks. I'll keep V names in mind. Incidentally, Octavius is Valerie's younger brother.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (June 22)
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 02:31:19 PM »
Chapter 9 — Mullner

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Cody blew another stream of bubbles and then sighed. He just wanted to have fun. Was that so hard to understand? He liked Bethany okay. It was just that the thought of marriage made him feel itchy all over. He felt the same way about his job.

It was cool that being a massage therapist made it possible for him to teleport places and attain inner serenity, but it wasn’t something he wanted to do for the rest of his life. There wasn’t anything he wanted to do for the rest of his life. Except maybe have fun. But the essence of fun was that you didn’t know what was going to happen. Even blowing bubbles. If you said, “I plan to blow bubbles every day for the rest of my life," pretty soon blowing bubbles wouldn’t be fun anymore.

But try explaining that to the Marsh clan. With a sigh Cody put down his bubble blower and called Bethany.

“Oooh, this was a cool idea, coming to Pupperstone Park to watch all the dogs,” giggled Bethany.
“I’m just full of cool ideas,” Cody said suavely. Snuggling with Bethany was actually fun, and so was flirting with her. She didn’t expect him to come up with flowery compliments about her clothing or her appearance. He tried a compliment anyway. “I really like the way that sweater fits you.”
Bethany giggled. “You’re just saying that because it makes my boobies stick out.”
So maybe marriage to Bethany could be fun after all.

Cody stood up and swept her into his arms for a passionate kiss (he’d practiced for a few hours with a mop beforehand).

And then he sank to his knee for a proposal.
“Uh, no,” said Bethany.
“But— I thought— Your brothers said—”
“If you’re just proposing to me because you don’t want my brothers to beat you up, you can forget it,” said Bethany.

When Cody got home his mother was kissing his dad. They were still in love even though they’d been married for he didn’t know how many years. He was almost 21 now, so that would be…Math again. A very very long time.

“Don’t you get bored?” he asked his mother Haley.
“Bored?” she said. “Bored being married to the best-looking hunk in the Valley? Bored being married to the Llama’s star player? Bored knowing that every woman in town would give her eyeteeth to be wearing my Jimmy Choos? Never.”

And Cody was pretty sure that if he asked his dad how he felt, Alex would say something about how happy he was being married to the most beautiful woman in the world. Unfortunately, Bethany wasn’t the most anything. And even if she was, Cody didn’t think that mattered.

Later that afternoon Bethany came over to talk to his sister Evelyn.
“Because if I try to talk to Cody, he just starts kissing me and stuff. Which is okay because he’s a great kisser…”
“I don’t need to hear this,” said Evelyn.
“And he’ll probably be really good at woo-hoo…”
“TMI,” said Evelyn.
“Actually, I guess it wouldn’t be so bad being married to Cody,” said Bethany. “My parents are getting old and they won’t be around forever, and I probably shouldn’t try to live on my own, because I might forget to clean out the lint tray again and set myself on fire, so I guess I can understand why Sam and Vincent would try to hook me up with someone. But I’m not sure Cody is the best person because even if you put the two of us together, we’re still not a full deck. It’s okay for you because Stephen is a genius, so you’ll even out. So maybe Cody is the best person for me because I don’t think anyone who’s smart would be able to put up with me.”
Bethany did have a point, Evelyn reflected. Bethany and Cody without adult supervision probably would set themselves on fire or lock themselves out of the house in the middle of a heat wave. “I have an idea,” she said. “After the Grim Reaper comes for your parents, you and Cody could move in with ours.”

“That’ll work,” said Bethany. “And you can tell Cody that if he gives me a really good massage, I might say yes the next time he proposes. Now that I think of it, I don't want him getting beaten up. They might hurt his--”
"I'm outta here," said Evelyn.

Continue with Cody Mullner in Chapter 19.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Legacies of the Valley (June 23)
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 08:16:07 PM »
Oh my gosh!  I adore Bethany!!  She deserves better than Cody!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 08:59:08 PM »
Oh my gosh!  I adore Bethany!!  She deserves better than Cody!

Well of course, she does. But Cody has to marry someone, and he does have a few talents to offer.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 12:32:49 PM »
Chapter 10 — Soriano

All the time that she was a student at Windenburg Academy, Raina Soriano knew exactly what she wanted to do when she grew up.

She wanted to be an archaeologist like her mother Abigail. “There is still much that we don’t know about the ancient Omiscans,” Abigail often told her. “And still many treasures to be looted, I mean, discovered.”

Upon arriving in Selvadorada, Raina paid her respects to the Madre.

She had intended to buy supplies before setting off into the jungle, but it appeared that she arrived on a feast day, and the vendors were all on vacation. Intrepid explorers learn to be philosophical about these things. "If you wait until you have everything you need, you'll have only an hour to explore before it's time to go home," her mother used to say.

Raina made her way to her cabin, which was the same one her parents had stayed at so many years ago. She hoped that the bed, at least, had been changed since then.

Impatient to begin exploring, she set out with only a machete and some spider repellent, which she soon put to use.

Truth be told, the buzzing helicopter overhead made her more nervous than the wildlife in the jungle. She just hoped her pith helmet would make it clear to the soldiers that she was an explorer and not a bandito.

Raina did make her way to the temple and find some treasure, but her camera malfunctioned once she was in the temple’s vicinity. She also got stuck by a poison dart. Luckily she had enough money to buy an antidote.
During her fever, she kept thinking of one person — her friend Marlon Lewis. His mother Marnie was of Selvadoradian descent, Raina remembered. He might like to come visit and see the jungle.

She tried to introduce him to Selvadoradian food, but Marlon declined. “Mom told me not to drink the water and to stay away from the vendor’s stalls,” said Marlon. “She said it’s too easy to pick up a disease we don’t have a name for, let alone a cure.”

Raina showed him the pictures she had managed to take, and Marlon was most impressed, especially by the shots of the waterfall. Raina wanted to take him to see the waterfall, but there wasn’t time before their plane’s departure.

They returned to the Valley just in time for the Romance Festival. “Let’s go,” said Marlon. Raina couldn’t understand why he was surprised when she kissed him. But he proposed soon after that.

They got married on the grounds of Windenburg Academy, right next to its waterfall.

Raina couldn’t hear what Marlon said as he put the ring on her finger — she’d forgotten how much noise a waterfall made — but his eyes spoke volumes.

Her parents and grandparents were so happy they danced during the whole ceremony.

With the money from the two treasures she’d found, Raina was able to buy some land in Brindleton Bay and set up a house there.

The house came without furniture, but Raina and Marlon had enough money left over to buy the essentials — a bathroom, bed, and worktable upstairs…

…and kitchen stuff, musical instruments for Marlon, and a few planters downstairs. Raina had found the Temple of Abundance in Selvadorada and had picked up a few plants.

She had promised Marlon that they would keep the first artifact she found that was in excellent condition. It was this bronze knife, a common Omiscan object, but without any cracks or broken pieces.
“It’s funny,” said Raina, “I just realized we’re following in my parents’ footsteps. My mother was an archaeologist; I’m an archaeologist. My father was a musician; you’re a musician. Pretty weird, huh?”

Raina's story continues in Chapter 20.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (June 24)
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 12:41:47 PM »
Another lovely update and another interesting founder!  It will be especially intriguing to see if she decides to keep going on a path that closely parallels that of her parents or if she'll change things up just to ensure she has a unique, separate life.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »
Just wanted to say, I am here reading. Poor Cody and Bethany. *continues reading*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 03:44:26 PM »
Chapter 11

Jeffrey had really intended the bowling club to help him develop skill in bowling, but instead he found himself using the meetings to be with Wendy.

One day he read her some of his poems, concluding with one that he’d written about her:
O Wendy
   You send me
   Into a maelstrom of passion.

Jeffrey then swept her into a diving kiss and followed the kiss up with a proposal.

When Wendy leaped into his arms, Jeffrey knew that they had to get married right there and then.

As it happened, Wendy’s mother Maru was on hand, having come for an outing with her bowling league. She was not happy about her daughter’s wedding. “Wendy Robin Maldonado,” she hissed. “Have you totally lost your mind?”

Maru fumed as they finished exchanging their vows, and then left before Jeffrey could assure her that she and Shane would always be welcome at their apartment. “I don’t think she likes me,” he whispered to Wendy.
“She’ll come around,” said Wendy. “She’s just mad because I didn’t have a big wedding with a cake and everything.”

Jeffrey was pleased to discover that they could afford a fairly large apartment in the Arts district of San Myshuno. It had a living room, kitchen, dining room, three bedrooms, and two baths, once they converted a closet off the master bedroom.

They soon found one drawback — the neighbors. One evening their neighbors’ ardor was so intense and vocal that he and Wendy couldn’t get any sleep.

They both went over to complain and found themselves confronting Vincent Marsh. Jeffrey remembered him as one of the trainers at the gym, so he expressed himself more politely than he might have done.

The other problem was that Wendy was always a little bit sad. She complained of loneliness, and when Jeffrey pointed out that they lived in the largest city of Simworld, she would go hide under the covers and cry. “I just don’t know where everyone went!” she would wail.

Jeffrey turned to the Internet to see if he could find out anything more about the problem and any possible solutions. He discovered that it was related to early toddler age-up. People who had been wild as toddlers would sometimes walk on their knees, which looked very painful, while former charmers would be sad and feel lonely if there weren’t other people around.

Since Jeffrey had to go to work, he tried to arrange for other people to come over. He gave keys to his two fathers and even to Wendy’s mother Maru.

He adopted a kitten. Whisper was a friendly little creature, and Wendy did seem to like her. But she was still apt to spend the day watching television in her pajamas.

One evening as they were having dinner, Wendy said, “I have wonderful news. I’m going to have a baby!” Jeffrey was stunned but he soon recovered. “That’s great!” he responded. “We’ll finally quit rattling around this big apartment.”

He gave Wendy a big hug and told her she’d always come first with him no matter how many children they had.

Whisper, on the other hand, wasn’t quite so happy and regarded the new bassinet with suspicion.

“Selfie!” Wendy shouted, and insisted that Jeffrey pose with her. It was the happiest he’d seen her since their wedding. Maybe having a baby to take care of would keep her from feeling blue. He certainly hoped so.

Jeffrey's story continues in Chapter 21.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (June 25)
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 04:38:50 PM »
Poor Wendy.  I'm hoping that the mood issues were hormonal results of the pregnancy and that she'll be okay after the baby arrives.  Speaking of that baby, he/she is going to be gorgeous!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 05:18:35 PM »
Poor Wendy.  I'm hoping that the mood issues were hormonal results of the pregnancy and that she'll be okay after the baby arrives.  Speaking of that baby, he/she is going to be gorgeous!

Actually, I think they are because I aged her up from toddler to young adult in one fell swoop. It's not a terrible moodlet, it's just that she's always got a -1 sad to contend with. And since I can't control her except on free days, she does what any Sim does when left on its own -- watches TV in her pajamas.

Still, if you're looking for a way to add "interest" to your Sims, create them first as a toddler, with the toddler trait, and then age them up to YA.

@sdhoey, glad you're reading!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 06:33:30 AM »
I wish you the best of luck with this Marian, but I must admit, I might be reading, but not commenting to much, as this is a little bit confusing to me with all those different sims to follow. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 07:21:12 AM »
I wish you the best of luck with this Marian, but I must admit, I might be reading, but not commenting to much, as this is a little bit confusing to me with all those different sims to follow. :)

That's okay. The reason I've set up the chapters the way I have is so that people can follow just one family if they like. Not everyone likes a cast of thousands.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2018, 07:33:11 AM »
Chapter 12

From Amy’s journal:

Paul loves to paint, but he says he’s not very good, not like my friend Kathy. They work together, and he says she can paint a rock and make it look interesting, but he needs a really good model. He says that as far as he is concerned, the female form is the most beautiful, and I have the most beautiful example of it that he’s ever seen.

That’s why I’ve agreed to model for him. He’s promised to make it so that my own mother wouldn’t recognize me. He called this one “The Angry Goddess.”

I don’t know what his title was for this one. He had me go through my whole yoga routine in my “goddess” outfit.

I had to take Prissy to the vet in Brindleton Bay this morning. We couldn’t afford for her to get the most extensive treatment, so she had to wear a cone, which she was not happy about.

It was raining when I arrived, and I got this picture. If I could paint, I’d like to do landscapes like this.

I saw my brother Brian this afternoon. He was very distressed. Apparently Paul put a picture of me up for auction on a rather cheesy site. Brian said the title was “My Mistress and Spider.” He said you could see my face quite clearly.

Brian printed off a copy for me, and I confronted Paul about it. “My mother didn’t recognize me, but my brother certainly did,” I complained. Paul explained that he had to keep it realistic so that the spider would come through. And he sold it for 1000 simoleons. “And don’t tell me we don’t need the money,” he added, “because we never know when Prissy might have to go to the vet again. Not to mention that it would be nice to have a refrigerator and a stove and a bed that isn’t an air mattress.”

But he could tell I was really upset, so to placate me, we went to the Romance Festival that evening.

And in the heat of the moment we got married. When we moved in together, Paul had said that he didn’t want us to get married, because he didn’t want us to feel like we needed a piece of paper to justify our love. But I couldn’t help feeling a little uneasy about it.

I think the Festival tea made us a little careless that night. I took the pregnancy test later and bingo! I’m going to have a baby. Paul wasn’t happy at first — we really don’t have much money — but then he said, “You know, there’s nothing that says fecundity like a pregnant belly.”
“No.” I said. “No way.”

Later that afternoon, a child in a scout uniform walked by the house, and I realized that in a few short years, I’d have a child going off to scout meetings, too.

I did develop a very pregnant belly. “I think you’ve got two babies in there,” Mom told me. “I can definitely feel two little feet here, and—” I grunted. “Did someone just kick you?” she asked. “Yes,” I said. “Well it wasn’t either of the feet I could feel, so I think that confirms it. You’re going to have twins.” She didn’t say anything about the picture, and I silently thanked Brian for not telling her.

Phillip and Peter came in the middle of a very cold night. Waiting in line, I began to understand why our patients at the hospital are often a bit grumpy.

I got two birth certificates, which I’ll have to add to my wall at the museum when I have a moment.

Finally the day has come (the 5th of Spring, partly cloudy and cool) when Phillip and Peter are ready to emerge from their bassinets and start moving around as toddlers.

Here’s Phillip.

And here’s Peter. Don't they look like little angels?

And here’s the picture of Prissy that Paul just sold for 2000 simoleons. Apparently pictures of cats sell for even more than pictures of goddesses. From now on, Paul is going to paint cats.

Amy's story continues in Chapter 22

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (June 26 -- Bibblers)
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2018, 05:53:39 PM »
Chapter 13

Thursday night was more eventful than Stephen wanted. To begin with, he forgot to clean the lint filter and started a fire in the dryer. He felt confident after putting it out, but everyone else in the house was tense. "How could you forget?" his mother demanded. Stephen didn't want to admit that it was because he'd been thinking of Evie.

After he put out the fire, he stepped outside for a breath of cold, fresh air, and the Sixamites took him. "The last thing I want right now is to get pregnant," he told them. "You don't know how hard I worked to get this body to where a woman might find me passably attractive, and I don't need the weight gain." The kindly Sixamites listened to his plea and returned him home without taking him to see the Pollinator.

Saturday was Neighborhood Brawl day. Stephen picked a fight with someone he didn't like, but all he could think about was Evie.

The next day he met her at Vital Climb gym, where he finally managed to kiss her and get her to agree to be his girlfriend.

Encouraged, he pushed forward with a marriage proposal, but she turned him down. "I don't think we'd suit," she said sadly. "You're a computer geek, and I have a romantic spirit." Stephen was crushed. He could feel Evie slipping away. "But computer geeks make good money," he reminded her desperately.

Evie, who had a materialistic streak, agreed to have dinner with him at Chez Llama, which had an excellent chef and a romantic aura. "You look like a snow princess," he complimented her, and then he ordered the most expensive item on the menu.

When Evie agreed to take a morsel of his Sixam Pit Beast, Stephen almost jumped for joy. She was reconsidering her rejection, he could tell.

Stephen took her upstairs to the balcony where some light flurries were falling. "I don't want the Winter God to whisk you away to his Ice Palace," he said. "Please, let me take you home."

They went back inside for a private (except for the waiters) wedding.

Some time later, Stephen found that he had to go to the library to use their computer if he wanted to get any work done. Evie loved video games, as did his brother Arthur. It was raining outside when he got the call that Evie's labor had started.

By the time he got home, the twins had been born.

Eloise was the oldest and annoyed, in a most unangelic fashion, that she had a sibling.

Juliet just wanted to have fun.
Stephen was a little sad that his red hair wouldn't be continuing, but with three beautiful blond princesses in the family he could hardly complain.

Stephen's story continues in Chapter 23

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (June 27 -- Carpenters)
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2018, 06:32:25 AM »
Chapter 14

Lately people in Willow Creek had been noticing a strange man showing up outside their doors at night. Dressed entirely in black, he had white hair and white skin -- not beige, which was usually referred to as white -- but white as in colorless.

Brian Bibbler had actually talked to him and said that he had a foreign accent. "He might have been from Windenburg," he said.
"That sounds like Brother Vladislaus," the Wizard Rasmodius told his wife when she relayed the gossip. "I can't imagine what he's doing here, so far from Forgotten Hollow."
"Could it really be your brother?" said Tildy. "It's been over 100 years since you left, and you said he was an old man then."
"Well, he wasn't really my brother," said Rasmodius. "In fact, he was the one who turned me, back when I was a youth and in danger of dying. But it could easily be the Vladislaus I knew -- there's no telling how old the man was. He claimed to remember Philip of Macedon, Alexander the Great's father."
"Do you think he might be looking for you?" asked Tildy.
"I sincerely hope not," said Rasmodius. "I have no interest in seeing him again."
Several rooms away, Valerie was listening to the conversation. Usually she made an effort not to overhear her parents, but this subject was too fascinating. Having read all the books about vampires that she could find, she was now ready for training with a vampire. Sadly, she and her brother Octavius were the only vampires she knew of. If this vampire who was wandering around was the same one who had turned her father, then he was definitely more powerful than she was and capable of training her.

Forgotten Hollow was on the other side of the ocean, but it took Valerie only a couple of days to get there. She transformed herself into a bat and stowed away in the baggage compartment. It was cold, but not dangerously so for one of the undead.

Although it was springtime too in Forgotten Hollow, the landscape seemed unchanged and unchanging, although Valerie guessed it might be snow-covered in winter. She located the house that seemed suitable for a master vampire and settled down in an upstairs bedroom to wait.

"Will this Vladislaus be the one?" she wrote in her journal. "I cannot bear the thought of mating with a mere mortal, but what if he is too old to provide the heir that I'm supposed to have? But perhaps he can teach me how to turn mortals into vampires as he turned my father..."

A noise downstairs caught her attention, the unmistakeable wheeze of a pipe organ. Valerie plucked up her courage and followed the music down a long carpeted hallway through a hall filled with gargoyles to a staircase of crumbling stone.

Vladislaus was playing the organ, but she soon persuaded him to stop and speak with her. "Rasmodius's daughter," he mused. "Yes, I remember the ingrate. Did he send you to me as a peace offering?"
"He doesn't know I'm here," said Valerie. "I'm a vampire, and I need training."

"And what will you give me in return for this training?" asked Vladislaus. "Or did you think I would do it out of the goodness of my heart? I warn you, my lovely, I am evil through and through."
"I didn't bring anything with me, but if you come to Willow Creek, I can have a gift for you. Or I could give you a kiss."

Count Vladislaus was most offended. "Do you think I'm some kind of frog to be transformed by a kiss?" he demanded, as soon as he stopped writhing and hissing. "But I will give you a lesson, and you may give me this present, and if it's acceptable, I might provide another lesson or two."

"Ush kinnara!" he exclaimed and rose into the air. Valerie could tell that her vampiric powers were improving, but all too soon he declared the lesson at an end. "I will come for my gift soon," said Vladislaus. "Until then, begone!"
And Valerie was back at home.

If Count Vladislaus was going to come and teach her, they would need some privacy. She couldn't imagine him visiting her parents -- and they might not be safe with him, her father especially.
She would receive him in the Junimos' tower. They would have to leave of course. She knew they wouldn't be able to stand being in the vicinity of something evil, and besides, their cages were smelly.

"What do you think you're doing?" her father demanded, just as she was releasing the last Junimo.
"I've decided to live here rather than in the house," said Valerie. "I'm a grown woman now, and I would like to have some privacy."
"A grown woman without a job," Rasmodius grumbled, but he did not argue with her.

Vladislaus called the next day and said she should meet him at the Blue Velvet Nightclub. He was outside when she arrived and already suffering from the sun. He took her upstairs. "We can be private here," he said.
Valerie gave him her gift -- a single red rose from her mother's garden. Vladislaus was not impressed. "Is that all you have to offer?"

Valerie didn't want to suggest another kiss. "I could give you a whirl in my coffin," she said.
"Have you no modesty?" Vladislaus drew back, shocked, and then dissolved into a cloud of black smoke.

Valerie was very upset and embarrassed and tried to calm herself down in the ladies' room. She didn't know what she was going to do. If she couldn't seduce Vladislaus, she would never be skilled enough to make anyone a vampire, and she couldn't, she just couldn't fall in love with and have children with someone who wasn't a vampire.

Fortunately for Valerie's peace of mind, Count Vladislaus did call again. It was the night of the Romance Festival, and Valerie had an idea. "I've found a delicious tea that tastes remarkably like plasma fruit," she told him. "I would like to share it with you."
"That might be worth another lesson," Vladislaus said grudgingly.

The Sakura tea worked its magic upon Vladislaus -- and upon Valerie, too. "Yes, Master," she agreed, "I will give you whatever you ask."

The coffin whirled many times before ejecting them.

Valerie was delighted to find out that she was pregnant.

She made the journey to Forgotten Hollow to acquaint Count Vladislaus with the news.
"You would agree, would you not, that I have given you this child in your belly?"
"Yes," said Valerie.
"So it would not be excessive of me to ask for a child in return?"
"I would have to think about that," she said.
"No thinking is necessary," said Vladislaus. "You have already agreed to give me whatever I ask, do you not remember?"
Valerie's throat had gone dry. She couldn't speak but only nodded.

"You might find this hard to believe," said Vladislaus, "but our mating the other evening was my first experience with -- what do you call it, woohoo? I found that I quite enjoyed it. I should like someone to provide it on a regular basis -- in short, a wife.
"Oh, not you, my lovely. You have a temper, I've noticed, and besides, you are obligated to remain in your present charmingly minuscule abode. I have no wish to join you there, and you cannot move in with me here. No, you will have a daughter with some handsome mortal -- a mortal daughter, I think, so that I can decide whether to give her immortality. I should like her to be neat, a music lover like myself, and docile.  And no red hair, please. You will send her to me when she is of marriageable age -- shall we say by Love Day in the Year of the Dog?"

"And if I don't do this?" asked Valerie.
"Oh, my lovely, I would seriously recommend compliance. Mortals have courts and lawsuits to deal with broken contracts, but among us vampires, it's much simpler -- you automatically cease to be a vampire and are bound over to me as my lawful prey. I might add that I have found the formula for that ambrosia which your father is seeking. It might almost be more satisfying -- but no, granddaughter or daughter in my power will be sufficient revenge."

Follow Valerie's adventures in Chapter 24.

anything