Author Topic: Legacies of the Valley (March 9 -- Sheil) Graveyard  (Read 53844 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Nov 28 -- Gus)
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2018, 12:53:49 PM »
Chapter 68

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
As soon as the drama club was started, Sheila signed up. But when she left for her first meeting, this is what Vincent saw. "Honey, I thought you wanted to go to drama club," he said.
"I do," she answered. "I'm practicing looking angry."

Not long after that, Sheila had a birthday, the first of the second generation to become a teen. "We're very proud of you," both Vincent and Octavius said.

But Sheila wasn't happy. She hadn't been pudgy as a child, so she wasn't prepared to be a little overweight as a teen. And how would she get good roles as an actress? Everyone knew the camera added ten pounds, which meant that she would look like a blimp on screen. "You look great," her Uncle Octavius told her. Her father recommended exercise.

Although Sheila enjoyed exercising, she just wasn't losing weight fast enough. At the first opportunity, she took a diet drink that was guaranteed to produce results.

Some people might think she'd gotten too skinny, but Sheila was happy. And since it was unlikely that she would gain any weight from plasma juice, she felt confident that she could get any role out there.

But first she had to graduate from high school. With the encouragement of Vincent and Octavius, she soon became an A student.

Being a vampire as well as a teen had its own challenges, like not being able to see yourself in the mirror while practicing your lines.

But it had its advantages, too. Being able to levitate while regaining energy instead of sleeping in a bed -- how cool was that?

Sheila still had a bit of a rebellious streak, though. When Octavius suggested that headphones might not be the safest headgear for outdoor wear, Sheila was able to simply tune him out. "What if a car comes roaring down the street when you're crossing?" became "Blah, blah, blah, blah?"

It's not going to be long before Sheila is ready for her close-up, Mr. deMille.

Meanwhile, Vincent has been trying to find things to do while Sheila is at school and Octavius is at work. He only has to go to work himself two nights a week now. Sometimes he goes fishing (in winter, Oasis Springs is the only place warm enough to fish).

Sometimes he checks out the Meet-and-Greet happening at the Orchid a-Go-Go. And yes, Vincent is just mean enough to move his arm slightly and spoil the shot of the fan standing behind him. He's not a big fan of Brytani Cho (and certainly not about to faint), but maybe Sheila will want a picture.

Vincent's favorite daytime activity is singing karaoke, and he's getting to be fairly good.

And wonder of wonders, there's a toilet with the FLAP app installed in the lounge's bathroom.
Vincent: Now that I have a teen-aged daughter, I'm beginning to feel irrelevant.
FLAP: How do you feel about that?
Vincent: Um, irrelevant?
FLAP: I see.
For some reason, though, FLAP just wasn't the comfort it used to be.

When it came time for the Romance Festival, Vincent took Octavius there. They had to go early because Vincent had to work on Saturdays. Vincent knew that at least Octavius would always be there for him.

Maybe.

Sheila passes her first audition in Chapter 78.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Nov 30 -- Gus)
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2018, 03:18:02 PM »
Well, isn't that a treat! First teen of Gen 2. I feel for Vince, having the spotlight moving off of him as time goes on... And to have something else brewing at home, too. Ouch, buddy.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2018, 08:40:18 AM »
@Deme, here comes the second teen. And Vincent, being a criminal, has mixed feelings about the spotlight.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »
Chapter 69

George worked very hard at his childhood aspirations. Listening to his grandfather read The First Unicorn was bad enough -- seriously, unicorns?

Trying to make friends in a blizzard was worse. "Harmony, as soon as you say you like me, we can go inside. Deal?"

But it was all worth it when he became a teen. True, he looked just like his grandfather, and he was wearing a sweater with a snowman on it because it was Winterfest, but being a teen made up for everything, didn't it?

Of course, there was still homework.

Meanwhile, Cody was cooking the turkey for Winterfest dinner, making sure it was coated with enough pepper.

Everyone was summoned to help decorate the tree.

Cody also encouraged everyone to sing "Zwingle Fibbs" with him, but Bethany was the only one who joined in.

The family watched the fireplace channel while they digested their food and waited for Father Winter.

The present he gave Cody was a new refrigerator with a great crisper. Johan didn't think that was a very exciting present, but Cody was delighted.

And George got something to go in the crisper -- a carrot. George didn't think that was exciting, either. But on the whole, he thought life was great. He was a teen now, and adulthood and freedom were just around the corner.

Cody struggles in Chapter 79.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Dec 2 -- Cody)
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2018, 11:54:29 AM »
Chapter 70

In order to finish her Jungle Explorer aspiration, Raina had to visit Selvadorada again. She went at night, wanting to minimize her time away from home.

The trek to the temple was beautiful at night, with the full moon shining on the waterfall.

Raina returned with several mystical relics, and she cast one of them upon Marlon.

"Why me?" he groaned, as he discovered that the relic gave him his own personal rain cloud.
"Because you're already dead," said Raina, "and I don't have to worry about possibly killing you."

That cheered up Marlon, and he soon had a little sun above his head instead of the rain cloud.

The other mystical relic gave Raina a skeleton servant.

Sans Skeleton made himself (herself?) useful around the house, mopping up the children's messes.

Her attempt at cooking was less successful.

And when she frightened Marlon (who knew you could scare a ghost?), Raina decided it was time for her to leave.

She baked a cake for Sam to celebrate his elder birthday. Raina then replaced the candles because it would soon be time for Cecily to become a teen.

After several chess games...

...and some assistance with a science project, Cecily was ready to embark upon a new adventure. Not only was she becoming a teen, but she was also the new controlled Sim in the Soriano family. Raina was the first to complete her 200 points, thanks in large part to her grandfather Pierre's winning the lottery.

Raymond celebrated Cecily's birthday by making a mess. "Hey, I won't be able to do this much longer," he protested when Raina scolded him.

And Cecily celebrated by declaring her intention to become a musical genius like her father rather than an archaeology scholar like Raina.

To continue with Cecily as the Watcher's Sim, read Chapter 1.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Dec 4 -- Raina)
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2018, 12:09:31 PM »
GENERATION TWO TABLE OF CONTENTS AND STATS

Cecily Soriano
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sheil Bogue

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Dec 4 -- Raina)
« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2018, 09:20:02 AM »
Chapter 71

The gnomes that appear on New Year's Eve aren't always appeased by pie, as Robin discovered.

And they can get downright nasty when you try to apologize.

After Jeffrey was zapped, he decided it was time to get rid of the gnomes.

That evening, Wendy and Elliott stayed up to watch the countdown to midnight.

The next big event was Gunther's teen birthday. He didn't get any cheers, though.

That's because his mother set the dryer on fire, and she and his grandfather were busy with extinguishers.

Gunther received a plate with a rocket ship on it from his grandmother Maru. Since he was planning to become an astronaut, that seemed like a serendipitous present.

Astronauts had to get good grades, his parents reminded him.

Gunther thought he could handle all that. After all, he was a Llamacorn Scout now, which had to count for something.

Meanwhile, Murmur the cat decided to run away and explore the great outdoors. Robin was devastated.

But Jeffrey posted an alert on the computer, and Murmur returned very quickly, to Wendy's delight. The new year -- which just happened to be the Year of the Cat -- was looking good.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Dec 8 -- Jeffrey)
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2018, 03:32:42 PM »
Chapter 72

Amy didn't have much time to write in her journal this week. The only exciting thing she did was to watch the season premiere of The Real Housewives of Windenburg, starring Mila Munch and Clara Bjergsen. Most of the fun in the Bibbler household was supplied by the children.

Phillip was the first to become a teen.

He turned out quite handsome. Combining his mother's love of healing and his father's love of animals (cats, mainly), Phillip wants to become a veterinarian. Given his looks, a resurgence in pet ownership is predicted for the second generation.

Spurred on by Phillip's growth spurt, Hajar finished up her creativity aspiration and Peter his mental one.

As soon as Peter finished his solar system project, he was ready to work on his social skills by entertaining MacArthur with a puppet show. MacArthur was kept spell-bound, wondering whether that pink thing would be good to eat.

Hajar had her birthday while Phillip was loading the washing machine.

Rather than having cake for breakfast, she stuck to her diet and chose fish tacos, but that didn't mean she had to like them.

Phillip went upstairs to learn how to dance from his father.

Hajar soon joined them. She has the romantic trait, so might break a few hearts before she settles down.

Once the two of them went downstairs, Paul felt that he could cut loose on the dance floor and soon maxed the skill.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Dec 10 -- Amy)
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2018, 09:50:17 AM »
Hajar and Phillip are both so cute! The second gen Bibblers are going to be smashing some hearts, I tell you what.
Stories In Progress:

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2018, 09:29:12 AM »
Hajar and Phillip are both so cute! The second gen Bibblers are going to be smashing some hearts, I tell you what.

Thanks! And Peter is coming along too.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2018, 09:33:08 AM »
Chapter 73

Juliet was busy making friends.

She chatted all afternoon and into the night, watching clouds, taking pictures, and doing the scouts' handshake with other children until she completed the Social Butterfly aspiration.

Eloise, on the other hand, was busy with her science project, hoping to become a Whiz Kid. It would be too embarrassing if Juliet was ready to become a teen before she was.

Eloise finally triumphed, blowing out her candles while Juliet was still asleep.

But it didn't take Juliet long to catch up with her.

Eloise has decided that her favorite color is blue. She wants to become a stylist or maybe a painter when she grows up.

Juliet doesn't know what she wants to do (except that she'll be wearing pink when she does it), but she does want to become famous. Right now, she's fishing so she can get her Outdoors badge and complete her scouting requirement.

Linus has a lot of catching-up to do, but then he's younger than his sisters. Sooty keeps him company while he tries to become a Rambunctious Scamp.

And Eloise asks her mother that most burning question: "Will blue eye shadow make my eyes look bluer or should I stick to browns?"

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Dec 12 -- Stephen)
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2018, 12:31:04 PM »
Chapter 74

"Life has suddenly become more difficult," Valerie wrote in her journal.

"I didn't realize how lucky I was to still have Mother and Father around. Mother helped out with the children's homework.

She watched Vixenna's puppet productions, too.

My brother Octavius came over for a visit so that Vixenna could become friends with her uncle.

All I had to do was offer some friendly words of advice from time to time.

And Plotinus has been no trouble at all except for the occasional mess.

Not having to worry about the children, I could concentrate on developing my presence on the internet. One time I did beauty tips for the young-at-heart vampire.

The hardest part, I explained, was applying eyeliner properly -- no mean feat when you can't see yourself in the mirror.

I could also work on my aspiration to be a serial romantic. Enchanting Brant (or was he Brent?) Hecking, I picked up the last kiss I needed.

But then Vixenna became a teen. We had all known that she resembled her father more than me, but no one was quite prepared for her adolescent appearance.

'Everyone at school says you're pretty,' Plotinus teased her. 'Pretty ugly, hahaha.'

Practically in tears, she came to me. I promised to have a word with her younger brother, but that wasn't what Vixenna wanted. She'd seen my vlog on beauty tips and wanted me to do something.

What make-up can do, we did. 'You have a beautiful nature,' her grandmother told her, but that wasn't enough. 'No I don't,' moaned Vixenna. 'I'm a vampire. And no one is ever going to want to go out with me.'

'That's not true,' I said. 'Once you develop your vampire powers, you can make yourself alluring whenever you want.'
Vixenna took one look at me and ran out of the room sobbing. I feel like it's all my fault, and I guess it is -- maybe I should have picked someone handsome to be her father.
"

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Dec 14 -- Valerie)
« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2018, 11:55:47 AM »
Well, she's certainly not samefacey. It's a dramatic look! ... Still, I feel bad for her. And Mom trying to tell her about her romantic prospect in light of that? Always hurts. Also, vampire beauty tips are great.
Stories In Progress:

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2018, 12:46:58 PM »
Well, she's certainly not samefacey. It's a dramatic look! ... Still, I feel bad for her. And Mom trying to tell her about her romantic prospect in light of that? Always hurts. Also, vampire beauty tips are great.

"Distinctive" is the word I use. And while I was writing this, I asked myself "How do vampires put on make-up?"

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »
The Year of the Cat

Spring
Summer

anything