Author Topic: ADVENTURE: Enter the Dragon Cave (The Demise of Dong Huo)  (Read 15201 times)

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
ADVENTURE: Enter the Dragon Cave (The Demise of Dong Huo)
« on: April 07, 2010, 07:43:06 PM »
Description of the adventure:

"Master Garrett, the time has come for you to face and defeat Duong Huo in his eternal prison, the Dragon Cave. Take this keystone, enter Dragon Cave, find Dong Huo, and defeat him in combat. Do this and you will forever preserve the safety of the people in Shang Simla. Go now, chosen one.

This adventure is a part of long series of adventures where your sim needs to go to France to find a keystone and maximise their matrial arts skills and win a ranked sparring match (although the adventure text says they need to become Grand Masters).

Problem:

When my sim entered the Dragon Cave it was completely empty. There weren't any objects in it that previously were there when my sim partially explored it. The door that the Prima Guide labels as "keystone of dragon panel" is locked and there is no place to put the keystone. The question is should it be that way or is my game bugged?! Will the Dong dude emerge if my sim waits long enough there? Will becoming Grand Master in matrial arts help?

The another oddity I'm having is that two sims in the same family with visa level 1 can't get *any* tomb exploring adventures. All they get is Demand on Jade, Maintenance of Miniature Tomb, A Quality Bottle of Nectar, Fish for the Scholar day after day and this has been going on at least eight days in a row.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: ADVENTURE: Enter the Dragon Cave (The Demise of Dong Huo)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:51:21 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Tara.

I haven't gotten that far on that series of adventures, but I'm sure some of our other members have and hopefully they can help you out. 

As for the other issue, are you playing a multi-generational family?  If so, you may be running out of adventures to do.  When you complete an adventure, it counts toward your entire game file.  Anyone from your family (or neighborhood, for that matter) who goes back to the country may not be able to repeat certain adventures because they are one time only deals and once the adventure is completed, it's just done.  Is it possible that you've simply explored all the tombs with the whole family?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 09:24:33 PM »
Hi Pam and thanks for the welcome.  :)

I wish I would be out of adventures but no such luck. The family is intended to be a multi-generation one but is at the moment in the first generation. According to the adventure logger they have explored a total of three tombs in China. There must be more than that. I've been wanting to get the Pangu's Axe adventure but they just can't get it.

There are five members in the family in question. 1) Garrett, elder sim whose LTW was to max visa level in all three locations that he fulfilled some time ago. He's the one who has explored three tombs in China. 2) Blair, adult and soon to be elder, spouse of Garrett. Visa level 1, has not explored any tombs in China. 3 & 4) Two teen girls, one has level 1 visa but has not explored any tombs in China. 5) Zamoraure, mummy who was summoned in their vacation home in China.

Not sure if all this is helpful or not.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:20:46 PM »
I agree that you definitely haven't run out of adventures.  If this problem has come up in just your current vacation, I would suggest that you return home when your trip is over and then go back.  Restart your game and computer, too.  Maybe it will reset the adventures and trigger them to start again.  It might also reset the Dragon Cave to have the things you need.  I'll be playing the Great Explorer Lifetime Wish for a walkthrough article on the Guide and I'll keep an eye out for that particular part of the adventure series and see how it looks for my Sim.

Also, if you can post a screenshot of area of the Dragon Cave you're having problems with, someone might be able to help.  Check here for instructions on how to post screenshots.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 11:16:07 PM »
Here's the the screenshots. I need to try find my older backup save to see if this happens again. Anyway, I will eventually age up and move one of the teen girls out and start playing her family. I hope that will reset the adventures at least.

EDIT: Looked at my oldest backup save and it seems it's not only this tomb where all the objects has vanished but also all the other tombs they have explored. Not sure when this has happened and I have no more backups.

Nothing here

It's locked

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 11:46:06 PM »
Tara, Welcome to the forum!  I would definitely say that you are dealing with a glitched file after looking at those screen shots of the Dragon Cave.  I wish I had better news for you besides that.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 12:34:54 AM »
I agree with wildredchild.  Definitely something wrong there.  Are you running any mods, Tara?  If you are, they are very likely to be the problem.  If you're not, you're probably going to have to reinstall the game if it doesn't clear itself up the next time you visit the tomb.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 07:42:25 AM »
No mods or hacks. Only few free objects from Exchange. I stopped downloading things after TS1 because it sort of went out of bounds for me.

I checked my Legacy Family and they are fine, no missing objects in their tombs in China at least. So the problem probably is just in this family's save game files. I'm hoping that when the daugher moves out she will get a new save game file that is not bugged. I'm not ready to trash this family yet. And yes I could try uninstalling to see if it helps.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 07:52:27 AM »
Have you tried putting a previous save file in place of your current bad file?  Here are instructions on how to retrieve a bad file from a previous save.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline aws_137

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 08:22:20 AM »
Hmmm... This sort of case happened to me in France's marketplace. The upper floors had no furniture. Though on my next trip everything was there.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 11:04:50 AM »
What about saving the family to the Library and moving them into a new game file? It might save your family (Apart from friends) but might solve the no furnishings....

- http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/articles/moving-households.php
That says moving from SV to RV but it should work just switching game files! (Keep the same Neighborhood)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »
Thanks all for your help. Saving to library was new for me although it shouldn't be because something similar was in TS2 too. I finally got my family back home from China and sent one of them back. Good news, all the objects were back in tombs. Yay! Dong Huo was defeated and my sim finally got the Pangu's Axe as well. *Doing happy dance*

Pam: It's great you're doing walkthrough for Great Explorer, I could have used one back when I started with this family. Made a mistake for not starting with matrial arts early and not looking for Pangu's Axe adventure and turning down all those bring this and that/ convince someone to do something requests. Sorry for off topic.