Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61965 times)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 01:54:42 AM »
Aw, that was a sweet update.
And what an unlikely couple!
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 01:59:36 AM »
You write beautifully, Pally! I love reading these little stories, they are fantastic. Such a neat idea.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 04:17:32 AM »
I featured this thread on our Facebook page.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 05:51:28 AM »
Pam - oh wow! really? awe thanks!

and to everyone else - your comments make me happy :)

fogmomjazz

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 07:10:36 AM »
Thanks Pam for posting it on FB... I really enjoyed the stories!~

And Pally... Keep up the great work.. I love to see the Sims in their natural habitat... Much like Zoo animals, but they are more fun to watch.. LOL

Who do you think is the strangest sim?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 11:34:22 PM »
The strangest? Well for facial features and all round story I would say Juan Darer. But I like Blair Steel's sense of style too.

Let me know if any of you would like me to include something more in the story, like better shots of the houses or clothes, or more info on their skills. I'm kicking myself because I'm remembering all this stuff I forgot to add to the stories so far. Oh well.

Coming up: The Caliente sisters and their new prodige (can't spell that), and the seemingly ordinary (but actually james-bond-ish) lives of the Sargeant couple.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 11:36:58 PM »
I think you are doing great! I like how you combine the 4 pictures into one :)
Can't wait to see the Caliente sister's & Sargeant couple's story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 06:37:52 PM »
I like how your doing this, very interesting and different. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »
You have heaps of writing talent, wish I could write as well as you.....
Anyway thanks for this lovely little story! ;D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 04:44:21 AM »
Welcome to the Caliente Household. Dina and her sister Nina are the Bay's big stars, with 4 celebrity stars each. They wanted their house to reflect their status, but needed money, so Dina hatched a plan to take in local girls who need a fresh start. Their latest girl is young Serena Abe. With her $20,000 they begin to make their house into a plush mansion. Privacy is important, so they go for a big fence around the back yard, with 2 big decks for holding parties.They'll need more money to actually have the decks looking nice though.

All Dina expects out of Serena is to fit in with high fashion. It's Nina who actually takes an interest in the girl's wellbeing - making sure she does her homework, and inviting her to a party or two. Nina doesn't mind leaving the cleaning to Serena though.

As Serena lives in her housemates' shadows, Dina and Nina begin their desired careers and soak up the limelight. Nina joins the stylist career, and is horrified to find it has a terrible dress code. Still, she tries to make the best of it, getting a good shot of Walter Grisby's butt in swimwear. Not everyone is pleased with her work. Lala Angelista is horrified with her new dress (black just isn't her favourite colour), and Bobby Sargeant rejects his new hairstyle, secretly thinking that it reveals too much of his other life.
Nina cheers herself up by hitting the clubs, easily making it into the Prosper Room and snagging a free drink. She then discovers that going clubbing on a work night is not such a good idea - she sleeps through half her shift the next day.
Everywhere she goes the locals recognise her and she enjoys getting discounts and free-bees, and giving autographs to cool people like Blair Steel. She was even sent a free bed just for being famous! She topped it off with a discounted tattoo - a flower arrangement artfully arranged between her shoulder blades that will look great in her swimmers.
Both Dina and Nina star in local cameo plays for the publicity, and buy drinks at certain clubs for some extra cash. They use the money to do up their bathrooms. Finally they can have a luxurious shower.
Unlike Nina, Dina knows what it takes to get to the top. She joins the acting career, dreaming of one day being a successful director. She agrees to clean up late one night to help out, and her boss looks kindly on her for it. Dina is often invited to parties, and she doesn't mind giving advice to young fans like Laurel Grisby.
Dina knows her chosen career path can be slow-going, but she's already thinking of a plan to take care of her so-little-time problem for good...

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 05:17:17 AM »

This is Mr and Mrs Sargeant. A very ordinary couple with ordinary looks, an ordinary house and an ordinary lifestyle... right?

But then why is Bobby Sargeant using that poking stick like a fencing sword? How did Scout get so adept at chopping vegetables, and why does she always glance fondly at the kitchen knives? My eyes must be deceiving me - that flamingo statue can't have a hidden camera in place of it's eye. And why does that section of wallpaper in the living room seem wrong somehow?
Yes that's right, Bobby and Scout Sargeant are actually secret agents.

They have a secret passage from their livingroom leading to their underground work room, complete with an entrance to the local sewer network, and a hot tub to relax in after work.

They try hard to seem like normal neighbours and family friends include Monika McGraw, Blair Steel, Tiara Angelista and their next-door neighbour Nina Caliente. They are good at everything that could give them an edge: athletics, handyness, relationships. But one thing they have always found hard is having children. They have always had trouble conceiving. Out loud they tell each other that they won't seem normal without children, but is that really their motivation to keep trying?
Then one day Scout greets her husband in the morning with surprise pancakes. In the middle of a discussion about the local crime syndicate, she abruptly tells him that she's pregnant. Bobby nearly choked on his pancake.
Throughout the pregnancy Bobby kept telling Scout to make sure she rested. She did go to the spa to get a deep tissue massage, but her mind was on the job. She couldn't resist inviting over Clarissa Milton to question her for a report she wanted to write.
Food cravings hit her like a bomb shell. Suddenly she desperately wanted icecream with spaghetti, or cobbler with watermelon. Pity she couldn't cook either of those dishes.
Bobby meanwhile did the laundry (his favourite activity), repaired a friend's tv, and managed to get promoted to flight officer in the military (which is really just a cover, but one he enjoys).
Scout is hit with contractions in the laundry room one morning at 3:17am (don't ask why she was up so late). Being her usual tough self, she refused to call for help, determined that she could get through a little pain. It was not long before she rethought that.

Now you might expect the baby boy to get a very ordinary name from his ordinary parents, but Scout and Bobby have been thinking about this for a long time, and they want this one thing in their lives to stand out. They name the boy Bold.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 09:25:49 AM »
The Sargeant family is awesome!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 12:48:19 PM »
I'm curious to see how young Serena turns out living with Nina and Dina.
Good luck fitting in at school, Bold! Can't wait for you to make him a wimpy nerdy geek.  ;)
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »
Thanks for the nice comments. I tried hard with the Sargeants. And I am in love with Dina's dress colours - inspired by a dress in project runway.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 05:31:04 AM »
Our next family is the Joy family. Norman and his daughter Elaine are farmers/gardeners at heart, and they've bought a new farm at Barnacle Bay. They're both so obsessed with gardening that they wear gardening gloves with their everyday clothes.
Elaine has always dreamed about going to France and finding more fruit to grow in her garden. There's some money left over after the move, so she finally is able to go to Champs Les Sims. And the first thing she finds there is not a plant, but a guy.  A hunky frenchman named Yves Bernard. She always believed that she wasn't very good when it came to romance, but Yves likes her as she is. He particularly enjoys massages from her hard working hands. And he's impressed with her old car - the french sims don't have cars, just scooters.

After a quick, but love-filled marriage, Elaine and Yves collect what french fruits that can find, and buy a few things to take home. They also find themselves bringing home with them Yves roommate Jules Fournier. Here are the two hunky guys at home after their makeovers (though Yves is showing off his formal wear):

The family gets right into planting their new garden and doing some small renovations on the house. There is now a loft bedroom for Norman above the barn (that's full of cars), and a cellar below for Yves to begin his nectar-making. The garden is expanded and the house has a new layer of paint.

And so life goes on. Norman and Elaine spend all day working hard in their garden. They've added at least 6 new fruits and have their hands full. Yves gets to work at making nectar. He's read all the books, so he's pretty proficient already, and loves getting his hands on an actual nectar machine. They had enough money to buy 2 for his cellar. Jules has decided to pursue fishing, since he is an angler at heart. He's excited to fish in the sea for the first time. For the moment he's staying in a tent in the garden, and hopes one day to find his own place in the Bay.
Elaine is so dedicated to her gardening that she tries to keep gardening when it comes time for her to give birth to her first child. Since she took her husband's name (Bernard), she decided to keep her maiden name alive by naming her daughter Joy. And their little girl really did light up their lives.

Next up - the Greenwood eco-family.

anything