Author Topic: De D'Onlyn Dynasty *Completed*  (Read 226622 times)

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
Re: De D'Onlyn Dynasty
« Reply #300 on: April 18, 2011, 03:40:20 PM »
Oh yeah, Quain's Traits, I keep not posting those, why does it seems so hard for me to remember? Anyway, Quain Loves the Outdoors, Virtuoso, Good, Party Animal, Angler.

Thank you Esther, you are super nice.

I have said it before but I will say it again, I just love the way you write. The get up get up and get down bit had me in stitches. So much so the husband came to see what I was laughing at.

Rachel

Thank you Rachel, I love to make people laugh, now if only some people in real life thought I was funny LOL

I can't wait to read what Velmoor gets into next! Congrats on the award.

Congrats to Quain on 13 perfect fish! Next up, the Sim variety.

Thank you lilygirl, lucky for Quain, he has four adults searching for promising young ladies to invite to parties.  Without all the extra eyes, I don't think I'd have been able to find an eligible lady in Bridgeport.  It seemed like every single one was a terrible person, or a babysitter *sigh*  Oh well, the fish that fights hardest is the most rewarding to catch right?

ME: Sashyna has spent countless hours cooking, still works her chef job, and still regularly pops up desires to do more cooking.  Even without being a natural cook, she knows her place in life, and loves it!

Quain (Internal Monologue): I wonder how a hydrophobic SimBot can enjoy fishing, but it's awesome we have that in common!
ME: I love Malcolm, but having Sims constantly break off to go, "Oh no a Simbot!" or "Woo hoo! A Simbot!" has been admittedly very annoying.

ME: You know, I might be a little worried if someone like Velmoor was sticking that thing in my face.

ME: This is my absolute favorite doctor interaction.  I think it can only be done on eccentric Sims, but I'm not positive on that yet.  Velmoor pokes them several times, they have these hilarious contortions, and then they're all grateful afterwards, makes me laugh every time!

ME: I told Velmoor to go home and then take an experimental treatment, but he didn't listen, and took it at the library, he was publicly shamed for passing out.  Oh well.

Music: Let me tell ya how we do it in California, We'll have you on the run just like a puma, if it don't move us.
ME: Aeluna enjoying a night out at the Grind.

Quain: Sashyna, did you just hear a huge bang, is the ground shaking?!
Sashyna: I do think I heard something, but it was downstairs, so it's probably just your father.

Velmoor: Ack! I don't think it was supposed to do that! Aaaaaa! My biscuits are burning!
ME: Yup, still funny.

Next Time: A family ghost for the first time!  Plus the burglar returns to make another attempt at stealing my stuff.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #301 on: April 18, 2011, 03:45:34 PM »
Haha Velmoor is hilarious! His biscuits are burning? Hehehe. The Simbot reaction does get very annoying! That's why I don't play with them, ghosts or mummies very often! Thankfully there is no such reaction to vampires and hopefully there won't be any to imaginary friends!!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #302 on: April 18, 2011, 04:39:24 PM »
Lol Velmoor is the funniest Sim ever! Gotta love SimBots, they're just sooo cute. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #303 on: April 18, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »
I just caught up on all the stuff I'd missed while I was away. A late congratulations on another immortal!
And good luck to Quain in finding a special girl :)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2011, 01:05:06 PM »
Haha Velmoor is hilarious! His biscuits are burning? Hehehe.

I LOVE VELMOOR!!!  He is one of my 2 favorite 'crazy' sims (Crazy Man being the other).  I really had high hopes for Jemma in my dynasty when I gave her the insane trait, but really she acts overmedicated more than crazy.  She just stands around and stares at things.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2011, 05:10:13 PM »
Haha Velmoor is hilarious! His biscuits are burning? Hehehe. The Simbot reaction does get very annoying! That's why I don't play with them, ghosts or mummies very often! Thankfully there is no such reaction to vampires and hopefully there won't be any to imaginary friends!!  ;D

Thank you Esther, I didn't think it would be quite so often, I mean, I get it that they react when they walk in the room or something, but it goes like this "Hi how are you" "Ack a Simbot" "Do you like fish" "Ack a Simbot" "I'm getting a drink, want anything" "Ack a Simbot"  What, was the first time they noticed not registering to them?! Geez!  Since imaginary friends can't be seen by other Sims, hopefully they won't provoke a reaction too often.

Lol Velmoor is the funniest Sim ever! Gotta love SimBots, they're just sooo cute. :)

Thank you Chronic, since Velmoor has to compete with Crazy Man, I find that incredibly flattering.  I want my own vampire Simbot Hybrid, I want!

I just caught up on all the stuff I'd missed while I was away. A late congratulations on another immortal!
And good luck to Quain in finding a special girl :)

Thank you Alexandria, Quain will need that luck, sure in my game he's already found her, but it sure wasn't easy!

I LOVE VELMOOR!!!  He is one of my 2 favorite 'crazy' Sims (Crazy Man being the other).  I really had high hopes for Jemma in my dynasty when I gave her the insane trait, but really she acts overmedicated more than crazy.  She just stands around and stares at things.

Thank you Katluvr, I have to agree with you that those are definitely my two favorite crazy Sims as well, although since I made him, Velmoor is my favorite Sim ever.  Velmoor also does that "zone out" thing, whenever he finishes a task, and has nothing else to do, he goes to examine his surroundings.  But that can be fun too, if he didn't do that, he never would have had a conversation with the Bling Gnome.  Keep an eye on Jemma, she might be doing cool stuff sneakily LOL

ME: More ghosts spotted by Quain while Death fish farming, Tatianna, who according to color codes I guess died of starvation, she looks weird as a pink ghost I think.  Plus the first family ghost spotted, that's Karina Cook in her swimwear!

ME: Hey, you, burglar, stop! Thief!

Velmoor: Oww, I can't believe you would beat up an old man.
Burglar: Not only did I kick your tail, but I'm taking your griffin. *Flee*
ME: Next time don't pick a fight with the burglar Velmoor, just let the police handle it.  And I added an alarm to the yard.

Allison: So Velmoor, can these romantic drinks make you forget about that big, bad burglar?
Velmoor (Internal Monologue): These are excellent drinks!
ME: Apparently so.

Quain: So, when I'm fishing, I typically look for the calm spots during the day, places where a fish might rest.
Paparazzi: That's very interesting, did your father teach you to fish?
ME: When the paparazzi is a fetching young lady, instead of a creepy guy in coat and speedo, Quain doesn't bother ditching her.

Velmoor: Wow, what have you been eating?  I've never seen such cholesterol.
Bridgeport Citizen: Well, I do live off of those food vans, it's greasy, but so good!
Velmoor: You're just lucky you came to see me today, you're 5 minutes from a heart attack!

ME: This brave young teen is London Sommer, if she hadn't been a babysitter, she probably would have been the next Mrs. De D'Onlyn.  These vaccinations and public clinics have been very helpful in meeting new Sims about town.

Quain: So what should we call the song?
Allison: Familial Favorites.
Quain: I love the alliteration, but let's keep brainstorming.

Next Time: Quain gets a job, and Velmoor gets his suit back.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #306 on: April 19, 2011, 06:32:46 PM »
Stupid burglars! Was it the same one as last time?? Poor Velmoor getting beat up by a mean mean lady. I'm glad Allison was there to make it all better.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #307 on: April 19, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
Too bad Velmoor's green injection fluid can't reset London Sommer's lifestage. (Does it bother anyone else that this looks like the same stuff nooboos drink?)
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #308 on: April 20, 2011, 06:42:16 AM »
I think the doctor's needle is a little more neon than the nooboo bottles but yeah... the green makes me concerned.  I think we now know the underlying cause for the fact that Sims are dumb.

So did the burglar actually get away with the griffin that Bronson had sculpted? :( 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #309 on: April 20, 2011, 01:16:29 PM »
I think the doctor's needle is a little more neon than the nooboo bottles but yeah... the green makes me concerned.  I think we now know the underlying cause for the fact that Sims are dumb.

So did the burglar actually get away with the griffin that Bronson had sculpted? :( 

Hmmm, I always thought it was just a green bottle with white milk inside it - I never even considered that the drink itself was green.   ???

Poor Velmoor, he should have gone after the burgler with a syringe full of neon green goo...that would have scared him away!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #310 on: April 20, 2011, 03:05:39 PM »
Stupid burglars! Was it the same one as last time?? Poor Velmoor getting beat up by a mean mean lady. I'm glad Allison was there to make it all better.

Thank you Esther, yes it's a good thing Allison knows how to cheer Velmoor up, being beaten up is bad enough, but Sashyna is crushed from loosing her favorite statue, and he feels as though he let her down.

Too bad Velmoor's green injection fluid can't reset London Sommer's lifestage. (Does it bother anyone else that this looks like the same stuff nooboos drink?)

Thank you lilygirl, it's too bad I can't force people into a new profession, "No miss, you shouldn't deliver the mail, you should get into policework instead, I have connections, I'll help you out."  I own most of the town, I could get them better work!  Yes, yes it bothers me that either Velmoor injects people with babyformula, or that babies are drinking injection fluid LOL

Thank you Ricalynn, yes I'm afraid that mean burglar lady got away with a very valuable, and cherished ornament, *sigh*

Hmmm, I always thought it was just a green bottle with white milk inside it - I never even considered that the drink itself was green.   ???

Poor Velmoor, he should have gone after the burgler with a syringe full of neon green goo...that would have scared him away!

Thank you Katluvr, if you look closely at the top of the bottle, it's clear, so the bottle is clear, which makes the green stuff the liquid *shudder*  LOL at the thought of Velmoor menacing someone with a syringe and that freaky ray gun though.  ;D

ME: Sashyna dug another gigantic meteorite out of the earth with her miner.  This one is displayed in front of the hospital.
Velmoor (Off-panel): They bring good luck!
ME: Off course they do buddy.

Velmoor (1): So, I got these pills at work, they're supposed to be awesome! Try one.
Aeluna (1): OK son, give it here.
Aeluna (2): *Urp, hork* I never should have trusted him and those pills he hands out. *Blarg*
ME: Well, yeah, duh!

Allison: So, I'm about to make your statue, to immortalize this time in your life, what do you want it to say about you?
Quain: Well, this time is about learning, and exploration for me, as long as I look happy and confident, I think you'll have done a great job.
ME: I feel it's important for artist and subject to have as high a relationship as possible, so every sculpt session starts with socializing.

Velmoor: I have created the mighty whale toy!  Now my list of approved inventions is complete, now to create a few "off journal" inventions.
ME: That doesn't sound good.
Velmoor: Good? It's necessary! That's what it is, the fate of the world hangs on my success.

Velmoor: So, I'm doing this study on Sim reactions to Exploratory Pharmacology, would you like to participate by taking this pill?
ME: Of course he does, Velmoor is very persuasive ;)

Sashyna: This is the most awesome drum song in the world, but it really needs a big finish.
Cave Gnome: Big finish, coming right up! *Crash*

ME: When the week of loafing is over, and the time has come to take a job, Quain heads back to school.  There's so much to know and learn about the world they live in, someone needs to be the great teacher Bridgeport deserves.

Velmoor: I know these injections aren't pleasant, but the last thing we want is for a charming elderly lady like yourself to pass away from the flu.
ME: Velmoor could retire, loaf around and suck up a pension, but he's an active insane person, and you wouldn't like him when he's stir crazy  ;D

ME: Return of the super awesome suit!  Or at least as close as I could manage.

Next Time: Quain looking fine in his career clothes, and Grim makes another appearance.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #311 on: April 20, 2011, 04:48:08 PM »
Thank you Ricalynn, yes I'm afraid that mean burglar lady got away with a very valuable, and cherished ornament, *sigh*

Oh wow, I'm so sorry!  :(  I would think that a burglar alarm inside the house would cover the entire property.  Hmmm, maybe I better put some alarms up outside, too.

Thank you Katluvr, if you look closely at the top of the bottle, it's clear, so the bottle is clear, which makes the green stuff the liquid *shudder*

*urp, hork*  LMBO  Completely off topic, but are you by any chance a Bloom County fan?  I believe Bill the Cat used to say *urp, hork*, particularly in relation to hairballs...

Don't retire Velmoor any time soon - it is way too much fun to see what he can get into with his clinics and experimental drugs.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #312 on: April 20, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
YAY the suit is back! Thank you, Juxt. He looks just as dashing in it today as he did 2 birthdays ago.

I see Sashyna has successfully recruited another band member, I wonder what Draigoth's reaction will be.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2011, 07:02:56 AM »

ME: Return of the super awesome suit!  Or at least as close as I could manage.

Previously in De D'Onlyn Dynasty:
Velmoor:  Woman where is my super suit!
ME: Why do you need one?
Velmoor: You tell me where it is woman!
ME: Fine.. go to the dresser!

Above reference is from Disney's the Incredibles and I've been giggling at this for at least 10 minutes now.

Wonderful update!  Awesome suit!  Draigoth is probably too busy trying to not dance like a girl!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2011, 04:15:26 PM »
Oh wow, I'm so sorry!  :(  I would think that a burglar alarm inside the house would cover the entire property.  Hmmm, maybe I better put some alarms up outside, too.

*urp, hork*  LMBO  Completely off topic, but are you by any chance a Bloom County fan?  I believe Bill the Cat used to say *urp, hork*, particularly in relation to hairballs...

Don't retire Velmoor any time soon - it is way too much fun to see what he can get into with his clinics and experimental drugs.

Thank you Katluvr, as far as I know, Sims 3 alarms are like Sims 2 alarms, in that they only cover the room they're in.  They all go off if one is activated though.  But until now, I'd never seen a burglar come in through anything but my front door, and the only other entrances all come off the main room anyway.  I really didn't think they'd be able to come through my locked garden gate. *sigh*  Oh well, I have a new griffin now, live and learn.  I've read Bloom County certainly, and it deffinitely has it's moments, it also inspired a lot of other comic writers to use those sounds for such unpleasant moments, so now those are the sounds I think of when describing such vomit-us occasions LOL  Don't worry, Velmoor will be a doctor forever, I love it.

YAY the suit is back! Thank you, Juxt. He looks just as dashing in it today as he did 2 birthdays ago.

I see Sashyna has successfully recruited another band member, I wonder what Draigoth's reaction will be.

Thank you lilygirl, if it weren't for your support, the suit would have faded into antiquity.  Cave Gnome isn't the only new member of the band  :-X

Previously in De D'Onlyn Dynasty:
Velmoor:  Woman where is my super suit!
ME: Why do you need one?
Velmoor: You tell me where it is woman!
ME: Fine.. go to the dresser!

Above reference is from Disney's the Incredibles and I've been giggling at this for at least 10 minutes now.

Wonderful update!  Awesome suit!  Draigoth is probably too busy trying to not dance like a girl!

Thank you Ricalynn, that made me laugh, I love that movie, and for anyone wondering, the above is totally cannon LOL

Quain: Even though I may be starting at the bottom, looking so good in my work clothes gives me plenty to look forward to on the first day.
ME: Someone is going to have all the young school girls crushing on him.

Velmoor: Hello miss, what brings you to the clinic today.
Susie Moon: Well, I want to work in politics, but they said they won't even let me come in for an interview without a clean bill of health, so here I am.
Velmoor: Good health is very important in this city, I hope you settle in well.
Susie: Me too, I expect to be very busy trying to set up a life here.

Mayor of Bridgeport (1): Velmoor, with the countless lives you've saved and the many hours you've donated, our community has pulled together to offer you this very special award.
Malcolm (1): *Confetti*
Velmoor (1): It's an honor to stand before you today and accept this award.
Mayor (2): Please accept this humble gift, a token of our gratitude for your service.
Malcolm (2): Woo! Go Velmoor!

Velmoor (Internal Monologue): Wow, this is way cooler that some silver star, it educational too!  He looks happy, I will name him Sinker.  Huh, I wonder what the mayor is all huffy about?
Mayor (Internal Monologue): A skeleton, that's an award?!  And the only witness is a Simbot, this is all so crazy!

Allison (1): Huh, usually making the bed doesn't leave me feeling so, incredibly awesome!
Allison (2): Wow, I can see through my hand, cool!  Woah, I'm floating, guys you better get in here!

Grim: The time has come Allison 102 days is all the life you shall have.  Are you ready to come with me?
Allison: Yes Grim, it's time to go, my family needs time to deal with their grief, having my ghost here longer would just prolong the process, let's depart.

Velmoor (Internal Monologue): Oh Allison, I know you were ready to go, but I'm not ready to be without you! I love you so much, I will always love you!

Velmoor: I've left you with your Bass so that you can break the silence anytime you want, and I designed a fountain, to keep the merry musical tinkling of music nearby.  I love you, Allison, you deserve rest.

We lift our hearts, in joyous song
To have known you all your life long
In return for work and fun and play
Now you have rest, and music, everyday.

Good Rest to the Mortals.

Next Time: The family mourns Allison, and the search for the elusive girlfriend is kicked into high gear.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty