Author Topic: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay PART 1 COMPLETED  (Read 61960 times)

loveSims

Re: The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay
« Reply #255 on: February 16, 2012, 02:50:11 AM »
I'm not good with technical stuff, but I read somewhere on the forum that BB can have problems, something about the World cache. Splittng them up sound like a good idea. Those memories can make a file so big. How big is your file?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #256 on: February 29, 2012, 05:50:09 AM »
Well I finally have this story running again! I have split the families and moved half to Lunar Lakes, and the other half to Union Cove! I have modified both worlds to my own liking. The family break ups are below. Note that these moves are in total effect AFTER I catch up on the families I had to redo (so that I could split them properly). Also, for some reason (much to my regret) the ghost baby Shen Darer-Coddle is no longer in the game (I have no idea what happened to him). For the sake of the story I'll be saying that he died of an infant disease.

Lunar Lakes Residents:
Bernard (Strawberry & Mulberry)
Sekemoto (Sam & Emerald)
Grisby (Laurel)
Crumplebottom (Patricia)
Angelista/Hosni (Tiara, Helmi & Rameses)
Malifa (Buzz, Lara & Catalina)
Greenwood (Jade)
Windsoar (Nina, Theo, Mina & Rina)
Lin (Roxie, Minnow & Silly)
Steel (Christopher, Blair & Mercury)
Sargeant (Bold)
Grisby (Walter, Yvette, & Evann)
+ other new characters!

Union Cove Residents:
Fang (William, Suzy, Belladonna, Chimera & Isolde)
Bernard (Elaine, Yves, Raspberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, & Cranberry)
Greenwood (Holly, Oliver & Topaz)
Crumplebottom (Agnes, Leighton & Ingrid)
McGraw (Monika, Stiles, Jason, Anton & Rebecca)
Darer-Coddle (Molly, Jay, & Ming)
Malifa (Marcus & Serena)
Lin (Shirley, Jules, Marlin & Piranha)
Sargeant (Scout, Bobby & Gentle)
Caliente (Dina & Edward)

I had to replay the Crumplebottom and Lin parts of round 4, and I changed a few things (see the pics below).

Most things were normal with the Crumplebottoms:

Patricia's clothes (and earrings) changed a little:

Leighton was given the key to the city!

And this time around, Missy had 3 kittens: Abbey, Arthur and Amy, and they look different too! Patricia took both Arthur and Amy with her when she moved out of home.

As for the Lins, Bruce looks totally different (he is now a Staffordshire Terrier), and Sheba is not only a beagle, but has a new name: Sarah.

I gave Marlin a different set of formal wear:

Meet the cutest puppy ever - Barry (son of Sarah and Bruce):

Would you guess that Bruce actually dug this up?!

And Silly has new looks too (randomly):

I'm going to be putting cute and funny pics of the pets on the cute pets thread and the wierd pics thread, so head over there if you want to see more.
I am in the middle of playing the Fangs (finally!) and the triplets look simply stunning as teenagers :), so stay tuned for the proper relaunch! I'll have to change the name of this thread too, and maybe start a new one for one of the towns.
Let me know what you think!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #257 on: February 29, 2012, 06:29:11 AM »
I'm glad you get it to work again! Two different threads is a great idea. Can't wait for next update. :)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #258 on: February 29, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »
YAY for working things out! I love this story and was saddened by the idea that it may have come to an untimely end. The new puppy, Barry, is super cute!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #259 on: July 24, 2012, 01:53:19 AM »
I have finally started playing this game again! But I have moved the whole town to Lucky Palms, so please see the new story The (Ordinary) Lives of Lucky Palms here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11599.msg227167.html#msg227167

anything